Coronavirus

1,980,997 Views | 19755 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by Werewolf
statefan91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Daviewolf83 said:

More from one of my favorite people to follow on Twitter regarding the Omicron variant. Please try to avoid the scary headlines meant to draw your attention and sell ads.

Appreciate this. I'm fully vaccinated, got my booster last week, and have already had COVID (Dec/Jan last year). I am scheduled to go to London next week to visit brother and am starting to worry about what may be coming in terms of UK lockdowns.
Daviewolf83
statefan91 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

More from one of my favorite people to follow on Twitter regarding the Omicron variant. Please try to avoid the scary headlines meant to draw your attention and sell ads.

Appreciate this. I'm fully vaccinated, got my booster last week, and have already had COVID (Dec/Jan last year). I am scheduled to go to London next week to visit brother and am starting to worry about what may be coming in terms of UK lockdowns.
Here's my view. Vaccine efficacy being reported is based on antibodies and antibodies are also the reason for pushing people to get the booster. Even if Omicron is more resistant to the antibodies, there is some really good evidence it (and all the other variants) are not as resistant to T-Cells and B-Cells (see the tweet below). Boosters are meant to boost antibodies and provide a "first line" of defense, but antibodies are only part of the body's arsenal against viral infection. The virus may evade the antibodies in a person who has not been boosted, but it will have a hard time in causing severe illness and death in most people, due to T-Cells and B-Cells. People who are already suffering from fragile health conditions (elderly and immunocompromised) will be most impacted by the decrease in antibodies. Those who are relatively healthy should be protected by the T-Cells and B-Cells.

I think this is a hard concept for many people to grasp and is something that is difficult to convey in a 20 second soundbite on television. People do not read stories on the web (they skim them), so it is also difficult to explain it to people who only have a casual interest in the story. The media and politicians are taking advantage of the lack of understanding to sell their side of the story. It is very unfortunate and not a good way for our society to function. Hopefully, some cooler heads will win out as it involves Omicron and the draconian lockdowns will not show back up again. I am afraid many politicians believe it is easy to enact and the fact they "may" work does not help. I personally believe the are of little benefit.

I do hope you get to travel to the UK next week to see your brother and by the time you travel, more sensible decisions will be made. Given your vaccination and infection history, you are at very low risk to yourself and others from Omicron or any of the other variants. I was equally concerned recently with my travels to the Northeast to watch my son's remaining football games. Given the rise in cases in the Northeast, I was very worried about travel and stadium restrictions being enacted. Luckily, I was not impacted over the past few weeks, but his potential bowl game in California in late December still has me worried about possible restrictions.

Wayland
Oldsouljer
Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Let's review just what happened after that "Leadership in Public Health Practice Award from Harvard University's T.H. Chan School of Public Health for her role in the state's pandemic response." was awarded.

Cohen isn't dumb. My initial take on her was that she knows what's what, but she is 100% in this for the politics and unfortunately became a party over science propagandist.

What effect did she have over the direction of the pandemic? Not a whole lot. But she will remain responsible for helping support the ill advised business/park closure policies and the useless 3W propaganda.

And worst of all, weaponizing the farce ABC 'Science' Collaborative and teacher union guidance to keep kids out of the classroom.

All while not actually protecting anyone.

What a legacy.
You doubt her? I'll have you know she played a Doctor on television.
Everpack

15 days to flatten the curve. It's just a mask, what does it hurt? If you're vaccinated, you won't get COVID19.

We need some new ****ing experts.
RunsWithWolves26
So my wife is from Canada and was finally able to visit. She is supposed to fly back next Saturday. According to the rules previous, she had to have a covid test negative within 72 hours of returning. Is this ****ing bull**** now saying that she has to scramble to get a covid test next Friday and pray she gets her results back by Saturday morning? If so, honestly, I'm.beginning to wonder just how stupid this **** is.
Everpack
Appears to just be a Biden administration desire at the moment, but should prove, without a doubt, that these people have no clue what they're doing. Stop complying. Stop getting tested. Call them ****ing idiots to their faces when confronted. Laugh at them in public for being imbeciles. Live your damn life like a normal human. Love on your family and enjoy this Christmas season with those that mean the most to you. Hug them and spend time together. Be a human with human emotions and human risks. We're all gonna die, regardless of some bull**** virus that has become a religion for power hungry "health experts" and politicians.
Daviewolf83
RunsWithWolves26 said:

So my wife is from Canada and was finally able to visit. She is supposed to fly back next Saturday. According to the rules previous, she had to have a covid test negative within 72 hours of returning. Is this ****ing bull**** now saying that she has to scramble to get a covid test next Friday and pray she gets her results back by Saturday morning? If so, honestly, I'm.beginning to wonder just how stupid this **** is.
Tell her to fly to Mexico and walk across the Southern boarder in Texas. She is free to do what she wants to at that point.

Of course, I am kidding, but this is all getting ridiculous. Of course, what the Biden administration is proposing is unconstitutional. In the US, you CAN NOT confine someone to their house or a hotel. In the Constitution, we are allowed something called "freedom of association." It means the government can not restrict your travel and it can not restrict with whom you wish to associate. if they do try to enact these types of restrictions, they will be struck down by the Supreme Court. Of course, this has not stopped Biden so far. His batting average with the Supreme Court has not been good to date and I predict he would lose this battle as well.

People need to step back and ask - What are we doing and what are we allowing to happen to our nation?

I have a coworker that traveled to China for business last month (he is a Chinese citizen). He was forced to quarantine in a hotel for 21 days and test negative multiple times, before he was allowed to leave and travel to our headquarters in Beijing. If he tries to leave quarantine, he will be arrested. China has enacted "zero-Covid" policies and it will NEVER succeed.
RunsWithWolves26
Question for you Davie. Let's say this gets announced Thursday. Wouldn't there be a grace period implemented or possibly an injuction filled to halt this in the courts? Basically asking, wouldn't this be something they should go into effect immediately that would allow my wife to have her test next Thursday, get her results Friday, and fly out Saturday?
statefan91
Everpack said:

15 days to flatten the curve. It's just a mask, what does it hurt? If you're vaccinated, you won't get COVID19.

Yeah - that's not going to work. If I have to do that then I would technically miss Christmas (coming back from London on 12/19). It's really ridiculous how quickly they've turned this Omicron stuff into a **** show without having much of any data on it.
Daviewolf83
statefan91 said:

Everpack said:

Yeah - that's not going to work. If I have to do that then I would technically miss Christmas (coming back from London on 12/19). It's really ridiculous how quickly they've turned this Omicron stuff into a **** show without having much of any data on it.
Correct. We have no data on ease of transmission, effectiveness of vaccines, or severity of disease - only rough data. Some good data of of Israel is due soon and I expect South Africa data to improve. Early anecdotal data indicates the Omicron variant produces mild disease and is likely impacted by vaccines. Appears vaccines will still be very effective against severe disease.

Yet - governments around the world, including the US, are jumping to conclusions that are counter to existing evidence and the science of vaccines and how they work.
Daviewolf83
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Question for you Davie. Let's say this gets announced Thursday. Wouldn't there be a grace period implemented or possibly an injuction filled to halt this in the courts? Basically asking, wouldn't this be something they should go into effect immediately that would allow my wife to have her test next Thursday, get her results Friday, and fly out Saturday?
As I understand it, she would have to test on Friday and test negative within 24 hours of flying out on Saturday. She would need to find a place providing rapid tests that provide results in less than a day. I think is is impractical at this point to expect people to be able to follow these guidelines. Most Covid testing restrictions I have encountered recently allow for testing within 48 to 72 hours. Once she returns, she would have to self-quarantine for seven days - despite being vaccinated.

In Boston this weekend, Boston College required a negative Covid test within 72 hours (or proof of vaccination) and the Boston Bruins (TD Garden policy) required negative Covid test within 72 hours (or proof of vaccination). This was the same policy implemented by Syracuse from my son's game at the Carrier Dome.
Werewolf
caryking said:

Can anyone deny this thinking?

How to create a pandemic? Fund gain-of-function research.

How to ensure "plausible deniability"? Fund it in China

How to prolong a pandemic and ensure a virus doesn't weaken too soon? Lockdown health populations to ostensibly keep them "safe" but delay their exposure to prevent "herd immunity."

How to ensure natural "herd immunity" is not realized? Spread a leaky and ineffective "vaccine" that ensures the "vaccinated" can still become infected and transmit the virus, and will be incubators for new variants.

Why are new variants necessary? To perpetuate the "pandemic" fear-cycle that makes it easier to manipulate people, take away their freedoms, dignity, liberty and human rights, and ensure the consolidation of authoritarian dictatorship.

What is "the science"? Whatever advances the narrative; a means to a political end (the New World Order tyranny of the "sophisticated" elites).
Truly amazing to read the many posts on this thread. So many of the comments seem to identify bits and pieces of the puzzle yet so many continue on with this bull*****..... much like a hamster on the wheel..........just keep getting tested and keep getting boosters.......analyzing the data yet continue pushing that hamster wheel along. Unfortunately, many will find themselves on that cattle car before they come to terms with what's up and it may take the rest of us down too.

I think many in the medical field come to believe they understand the complexities of this so-called virus and for some God-only-know reason are confident in these experimental vaccines rushed into service in a matter of months yet Big Pharma somehow secures a hold on the release of the contents of these JABS for 55-yrs. Simply the nature of how all this has gone down should be all you need to know in order to decide on what to do about virus with a 99.8-99.9 % survival rate......NOTHING.............and then you are told Ivermectin is a horse pill........blah blah blah........and You have no earthly idea what you've put in your veins....Turn the fake news corporate media off. Your GOVT is lying to you. Tell them to go to HE$$, our liberty depends on it and most probably your life expectancy does too.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Mormad
(this isn't necessarily pointed at you, but your post offers a segue into these questions that popped in my mind reading it) Why do you blindly trust what you're told is in ivermectin or what the side effect profile of the drug is said to be, or what it's used for? Or the new oral anti-virals for that matter? Do you understand how they work and know exactly what's in them and how they may hurt you? And if we're being lied to and those if us if the medical field managing these fake cases are so blinded and uninformed and the disease is so benign that preventing the disease with vaccines is so unnecessary, why do we need these oral therapeutics that are so easily accepted? Everybody acts like they don't know anything about the vaccines but they all of a sudden have a pharm D and know and understand and accept everything about the pills. It's so weird to me. Btw, the oral anti-virals are already being touted as less effective than the original numbers showed.
statefan91
bigeric
"...
Once she returns, she would have to self-quarantine for seven days - despite being vaccinated.
..."
And if she doesn't, what happens?

Civilized
I can't wait for Alex Berenson's breathless Parler posts about the tiny "window of efficacy" and "terrible side effect profiles" of these various therapeutics coming to market.
packgrad
I can't wait for the AAPs breathless declarations that children NEED to be vaccinated.
bgr3
All the Biden administration would have to do win the narrative is (get the FDA/CDC/whoever) to lower the cycle rate of PCR tests, watch "cases" plummet, take credit for ending the pandemic with their vaccination push, and get all of their friends in the media to write puff pieces about historic "his victory is" blah blah blah.

Politically, at the very least, their current "strategy" makes no sense unless they want a gigantic red wave in 2022 and 2024.
Mormad
bgr3 said:

All the Biden administration would have to do win the narrative is (get the FDA/CDC/whoever) to lower the cycle rate of PCR tests, watch "cases" plummet, take credit for ending the pandemic with their vaccination push, and get all of their friends in the media to write puff pieces about historic "his victory is" blah blah blah.

Politically, at the very least, their current "strategy" makes no sense unless they want a gigantic red wave in 2022 and 2024.

We can only hope
Wayland
Hey, guess what, Omicron is found in the U.S.

To no surprise.

Civilized
packgrad said:

I can't wait for the AAPs breathless declarations that children NEED to be vaccinated.

AAP recommends vaccination for children and strongly advocates in-person learning.

In the middle of a global pandemic that seems like a reasonable balance to strike.
Civilized
Wayland said:

To no surprise.

Exactly. Annoys me so bad that the media reports that like it something to panic over or that's even particularly notable. That was always going to be the outcome.
Wayland
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

AAP recommends vaccination for children and strongly advocates in-person learning.

In the middle of a global pandemic that seems like a reasonable balance to strike.

'Advocates' for... but still supports virtual. Let's take a look at their statement from August 2020. And looking back... since July 2020... the only time cases have been lower nationally than Aug/Sept 2020 was the dip in June 2021. And yet despite the spring of 2020 data from Europe that schools could be reopened safely IMMEDIATELY despite ongoing community transmission.... this is what the AAP had to say in Aug 2020.

Quote:

"Although the AAP strongly advocates for in-person learning for the coming school year, the current widespread circulation of the virus will not permit in-person learning to be safely accomplished in many jurisdictions."

This was a flat out falsehood. In person learning was always permitted.

Doublespeak. To advocate for something, but then call it impossible. AAP is as political as the rest of them, fell in line with the teacher's unions.

We opened schools at the absolute peak of cases here in 2021 and yet cases continued to drop.

Let's continue with their statement from then:

Quote:

The importance of in-person learning is well-documented, and there is already evidence of the negative impacts on children because of school closures in the spring of 2020. Lengthy time away from school and associated interruption of supportive services often results in social isolation, making it difficult for schools to identify and address important learning deficits as well as child and adolescent physical or sexual abuse, substance use, depression, and suicidal ideation. This, in turn, places children and adolescents at considerable risk of morbidity and, in some cases, mortality. Beyond the educational impact and social impact of school closures, there has been substantial impact on food security and physical activity for children and families. The disproportionate impact this has had on Black, Latinx, and Native American/Alaskan Native children and adolescents must also be recognized.
So despite this knowledge... the damage that school closures would do to children AND the knowledge that Europe successfully opened schools. The AAP said, **** the kids.

EDIT: Just to add... how much the AAP was in bed with the unions. They issued a joint statement in the summer of 2020. From WaPo:

Quote:

On Wednesday, Pence appeared at the Education Department, where he again raised the AAP guidance. So did DeVos, who said:
Quote:

The American Academy of Pediatrics noted: Keeping schools closed 'places children and adolescents at considerable risk of morbidity and, in some cases, mortality.' The pediatrics guidance concluded that everyone 'should start with a goal of having students physically present in school.'
'Fully open' and 'fully operational' means that students need a full school year or more, and it's expected it will look different depending on where you are.
By Friday, the AAP apparently had had enough.
It joined with three other groups the American Federation of Teachers, the second-largest teachers union in the country; the National Education Association, the largest union in the country; and AASA, the School Superintendents Association in issuing a statement about the reopening of schools that was clearly aimed at Trump and DeVos.

The statement said that only health concerns should dictate when schools reopen not political leaders and that threatening to withhold funding from districts that don't fully reopen is "misguided."
It was more important to counter Trump and align with unions than to get kids back in schools immediately.

AAP puts politics ahead of science when rubber meets the road.
Oldsouljer
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Non sequitur. This pandemic has statistically afflicted the elderly. AAP's recommendation contains no justifications for their recommendation, which is why their stance is devoid of reason. Without their justification stated, there is insufficient grounds for vaccination of children with what is still a de facto experimental treatment with no studies available to determine long term consequences.
Daviewolf83
Civilized said:

Wayland said:

To no surprise.

Exactly. Annoys me so bad that the media reports that like it something to panic over or that's even particularly notable. That was always going to be the outcome.
I agree. They are happy to have a "scary" variant to help draw eyeballs to their programming. They do not care one bit about what their reports are doing to people emotionally.

Omicron was here already, as many of us expected and the travel bans are just an attempt by politicians and health policy leaders to "appear" to be doing something that many of us know would not work.

The Tweet below puts this latest news about Omicron into context. People need to get vaccinated and trust the vaccines to protect us. I know I do and others should do so as well.

packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Nm.
Civilized
Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Non sequitur. This pandemic has statistically afflicted the elderly. AAP's recommendation contains no justifications for their recommendation, which is why their stance is devoid of reason. Without their justification stated, there is insufficient grounds for vaccination of children with what is still a de facto experimental treatment with no studies available to determine long term consequences.

The pandemics effects are extremely stratified by age.

Last time I checked, the elderly don't live on islands containing only elderly people, they live amongst the 7 million children that have been diagnosed with Covid in this country. The middle-aged and elderly can catch Covid from those 7 million children that have been diagnosed with Covid in the US.

And regarding direct effects, Covid has taken 700 children from us and hospitalized or badly sickened tens of thousands more. Missed school, missed play with other kids, missed holidays with family. Death and hospitalization aren't the only two outcomes for kids that have significant societal costs.

The doctors that make these recommendations obviously feel like the individual and societal benefits and risks of vaccination tip heavily towards vaccination being prudent and recommendable for children.

That's rather obvious and implicit in their recommendation; what are you looking for specifically?

For them to spell out that the worldwide vaccination data set now has billions of people in it with an almost infinitesimally small number of severe side effects?

That children don't seem to be any worse-affected by vaccines from a side effect perspective than adults and are conferred the same immunity benefits as adults?

That there's never been a vaccine campaign in the history of the world administered to as many people as Covid vaccines have been, and with this relatively mild side effect profile, but later was found to have serious long-term side effects in the absence of observable serious short term side affects?

In the absence of definitive longitudinal studies that follow vaccinated children for five, 10, 20 years down the road, there's not going to be ironclad definitive proof that there is zero risk of long-term side effects for kids. So the risk of the unknown has to be weighed against the very observable and calculable risks to individual children and communities and society of not vaccinating.

As with all medical decisions, just ask your doctor. What does your pediatrician say? Did you ask them if they've gotten their own children vaccinated (or would, if they had children at home) and what their reasons were?

Werewolf
Mormad said:

(this isn't necessarily pointed at you, but your post offers a segue into these questions that popped in my mind reading it) Why do you blindly trust what you're told is in ivermectin or what the side effect profile of the drug is said to be, or what it's used for? Or the new oral anti-virals for that matter? Do you understand how they work and know exactly what's in them and how they may hurt you? And if we're being lied to and those if us if the medical field managing these fake cases are so blinded and uninformed and the disease is so benign that preventing the disease with vaccines is so unnecessary, why do we need these oral therapeutics that are so easily accepted? Everybody acts like they don't know anything about the vaccines but they all of a sudden have a pharm D and know and understand and accept everything about the pills. It's so weird to me. Btw, the oral anti-virals are already being touted as less effective than the original numbers showed.
Very quickly as I've been traveling for a few days so just now reviewing this thread. Yes, I do recognize you as someone with a medical background....so I'm assuming you're aware of the fact that Ivermectin is #2 on the NIH list of 3 for COVID treatment..........but the media reports it as crazy use of a horse pill? At some juncture, we as a people have to come to terms with the disinformation, the narrative, the censorship......how much coincidence does it take to convince one? Something so diabolical/sinister/evil is certainly difficult for complacent and spoiled populace.

EDIT: Are you aware of how difficult it has all of sudden become for a DR to write a scrp for Ivermectin? I would also assume you also know you will not get the scrip filled at a chain such as Walmart, Walgreen, CVS etc.......possibly can pull it off at a compound pharmacy. Ivermectin can be purchased from overseas pharma - India -- but there are attempts by our FEDS to disrupt these shipments. 12 mg tablets........damn horses would need to take a bottle at a time for any benefit as that dosage, ha.
Werewolf
Daviewolf83 said:

Civilized said:

Wayland said:

To no surprise.

I agree. They are happy to have a "scary" variant to help draw eyeballs to their programming. They do not care one bit about what their reports are doing to people emotionally.

Omicron was here already, as many of us expected and the travel bans are just an attempt by politicians and health policy leaders to "appear" to be doing something that many of us know would not work.

The Tweet below puts this latest news about Omicron into context. People need to get vaccinated and trust the vaccines to protect us. I know I do and others should do so as well.

South African doctors are saying there isn't a serious problem and grossly exaggerated by media........again, wonder why? I can PM a couple of clips and you can hear the doctor's words yourself.

Look for Beijing Biden to implement some travel restrictions this week......this so-called deadly new variant sets it up perfectly.
Werewolf

This must have been created by the RUSSIANS........Putin is behind it, ha.

So which is it? R we gonna do the head in the sand or the "its a fake article by the Russians" ........or simply attack the messenger?

Guys, we need to get our big boy britches on....this isn't politics.
Werewolf
Microbiologist Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi Explains COVID Jab Effects (noqreport.com) he says those who have been vaccinated have been fooled all along..........he describes how the spiked protein travels and lodges in various organs etc......

https://uncoverdc.com/2021/08/23/nobel-laureate-warns-covid-vaccine-is-creating-variants/

https://covidcalltohumanity.org/2021/08/04/dr-robert-malone-covid-vaccines-are-causing-the-virus-to-become-more-infectious/

New and more dangerous COVID-19 variants were expected by world experts such Drs. Sucharit Bhakdi, Luc Montaguier, Robert Malone, etc

Your governments have put you at risk and may have killed you.
Stay away from the poison death shots and take antiviral prophylaxis and/ or treatment.
One of the zinc Ionophores such as:
Hcq, ivermectin, Quercetin, or EGCG
And
Zinc, vitamin d, vitamin c, NAC

For more free information check out VladimirZelenkoMD.com
dogplasma
Note to self: My governments may have killed me.
TheStorm
Did Guerrilla change his posting name?

Just asking for a friend…
Oldsouljer
I've been vocal about calling out the CDC and it's recommendations without also providing the public with point-by-point justifications for those recommendations, and I'm doing the same with this guy after reading the article. He needs to better explain why cell-produced spike proteins travel extracellularly without immune intervention which should lower or eliminate unbound proteins thereby clearing them from the system while retaining B/T cell immune memory. I also see insufficient explanations on the mechanics of Ab-bound re-entering cells and thereby creating increased virulence. Furthermore, for all Dr. Malone's supposed criticisms of the use of mRNA vaccinations, I'm not clear on why he pioneered the technology in the first place if he didn't think it was a medically efficacious advance. I'm sure if I bothered to read the peer-reviewed source documents, some of my questions would be answered, but my main point all along is that "Do as I say" or "Take my word for it" without detailed explanations and justifications should be absolutely unacceptable to the public.
First Page Last Page
Page 415 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.