Coronavirus

2,019,753 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Werewolf
Daviewolf83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Reports are the new South African variant produces mild symptoms, but it did not prevent NY from declaring a state of emergency today. Governments using "states of emergency" to terrorize their citizens has to be curtailed.

As a I pointed out in an earlier post, viruses that produce mild symptoms are much better at infecting populations than viruses with severe and fatal symptoms. Viruses do not want to kill their hosts. It is bad for business.

Daviewolf83
TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

Already with the travel bans, as if this variant appeared when it was isolated and discovered. When, in all likelihood, it has been around for months.

Travel bans have worked SO WELL for containment these last few years, let's do it again!! Let's see how many failed policies we can get to fail again!!!

And I am sure they will leave the bans in place even when they start to find local cases all over (if it is to be a dominant strain).

Wait?!? Isn't that racist?!?
In a perfect world, I would be president and my first act would be to give Fauci one day to clean out his office. He would be fired and I certainly would not be taking any advice from the Elf.
Daviewolf83
Greetings from Boston, Mass. We decided to stay an extra day after my son's football game on Saturday and avoid flying out on Sunday to avoid the Thanksgiving rush of travelers. Some observations about Covid in Mass. as I sit here in the airport waiting for my plane to board:

1. Mask wearing in Boston, both indoors and outdoors, is a very high percentage. I will admit to wearing one outside on Saturday to keep my face warm, but I did not wear one on Boston College's campus (very pretty campus by the way) or at the football game on Saturday.
2. Masks are must be worn on all public transportation and in train stations. We traveled the city on the subway all weekend, so I had to wear a mask a large percentage of the time. Interestingly, some college aged girls got on our train to BC on Saturday morning and two did not have on masks. The subway driver STOPPED the train and demanded the girls put on masks before the trip would continue.
3. Of course in Uber's and airports, masks must also be warn and in the airports, both going and coming, I have seen 100% compliance and no unruly passengers.
4. For the Wake/BC game on Saturday, we had to present proof of vaccination or a negative test in the past 72 hours (what a waste of time that is) to enter the stadium. We had to go to special tents and present our vaccination cards and were given a wrist ban that showed we passed the screening. We had to do the same thing at Syracuse earlier this year, but that is an indoor stadium. BC plays outdoors and the wind was blowing the entire game. I would estimate my risk of Covid while outside in the wind at something approaching zero - regardless of vaccination status.
5. On the local news this morning, they said Mass. is implementing a statewide ban on elective surgeries and it starts in the next day. I understand NYC has just done something similar. Why? Apparently, hospital cases are increasing and they are afraid of the new South African variant.
6. On the CBS morning news yesterday, The Elf (Lord Fauci to everyone else) said you can not criticize him, since he is science and to criticize him is to criticize science. Apparently, The Elf has forgotten all he has learned about the scientific method and scientific inquiry. If The Elf is Science and you can not criticize him, Science as we know it is dead.
7. On the South African variant, reports I have read for the past couple of days out of South Africa indicate cases are mild and most cases are among the unvaccinated. Armed with this information, the mainstream media have chosen to whip up fear in people again, all in the name of clicks and viewer eyeballs. As I posted the other day - please avoid listening to the talking heads and "experts" in the mainstream media who only want to peddle in fear. They are not your friends and they do NOT have your best interests at heart.
8. I saw a report this morning that the new South African variant has been detected in Australia. Let that sink in for a minute. A country that has been locked down for almost 20 months, has people confined to their house most of the time, and are arresting people who violate the rules is unable to stop a new variant from entering their population.
9. We really need to get the Novavax vaccine approved. In a world where our two best vaccines rely on immunity driven by a spike protein mRNA strand to be effective, we need another choice. As I previously indicated, I am waiting on this vaccine from my booster, since I want more of a broad-spectrum approach to my vaccines. It does not target the more easily mutating spike protein mRNA. Instead, it is developed to target the viruses cellular bodies genetic make-up. As I mentioned earlier, it appears to be 90% effective against all known variants.

I will leave you with this little statistic this morning on the over-reaction taking place in the Northeast of the US.

Mormad
I thought our useless President determined during the campaign that travel bans implemented by Trump were "racist."
Daviewolf83
Mormad said:

I thought our useless President determined during the campaign that travel bans implemented by Trump were "racist."
Apparently, they are only "racist" if the other guy is doing it. The WHO has denounced Biden's travel ban and as we know, they are quite ineffective. By the time you identify a variant, it is likely too late.

I love the picture of Biden on Nantucket this weekend, in a store with a mask sign on the door and he is not wearing a mask. He would make up the less then 1% of people I saw this weekend in a store in Boston that would not be wearing a mask. Everyone here is wearing a mask indoors - except in restaurants.

Rules for thee and not for me.
Mormad
Fauci ain't the only one who fcked his credibility
wilmwolf
It's weird to me that we live in a time when every single thing anyone says is preserved forever and ever, yet we seem to have less accountability than ever before. At the very least, the people in charge should be forced to acknowledge that they have flip flopped on an issue and explain why. Of course, we know the why is mostly because a position was politically convenient at the time, but they should at least be held accountable to acknowledge that.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
PackFansXL
I know you are avoiding making the obvious statement about our corrupt national media. They only call out comments and positions from the opposing political team. I guess the only way to end their reign of terror is to ignore them. I have been doing precisely that since Obama started his 2nd term.
WPNfamily

This is so sad. We are all being played…
caryking
WPNfamily said:

This is so sad. We are all being played…

Looks like that was from the same day as she is wearing the same shirt. You all may despise Majorie Taylor Green; but, she appears to be someone that is consistent with the message! At this point, we need more MTG's than this lady from S.C.!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
RunsWithWolves26
That right there is why I hate all Republican and Democrat politicians. An absolute joke the lot of them are.
caryking
wilmwolf80 said:

It's weird to me that we live in a time when every single thing anyone says is preserved forever and ever, yet we seem to have less accountability than ever before. At the very least, the people in charge should be forced to acknowledge that they have flip flopped on an issue and explain why. Of course, we know the why is mostly because a position was politically convenient at the time, but they should at least be held accountable to acknowledge that.

Because we live in a time where information is instantaneous, people don't care to look back as something new is about to happen!

Accountability is NOT a word used and/or believed in Government!!! How can it be? 28T in debt and 10T on the Federal Reserves balance sheet!

Joe Biden
wilmwolf
PackFansXL said:

I know you are avoiding making the obvious statement about our corrupt national media. They only call out comments and positions from the opposing political team. I guess the only way to end their reign of terror is to ignore them. I have been doing precisely that since Obama started his 2nd term.
Well, in the case of statements by the president, he won't actually take questions from the media, so there's really no way they can call him out on it. But for everyone else, yes, it would be nice if there was someone willing to ask the tough questions no matter what team the person in question was on.
Oldsouljer
Daviewolf83 said:

Mormad said:

Apparently, they are only "racist" if the other guy is doing it. The WHO has denounced Biden's travel ban and as we know, they are quite ineffective. By the time you identify a variant, it is likely too late.

I love the picture of Biden on Nantucket this weekend, in a store with a mask sign on the door and he is not wearing a mask. He would make up the less then 1% of people I saw this weekend in a store in Boston that would not be wearing a mask. Everyone here is wearing a mask indoors - except in restaurants.

Rules for thee and not for me.
And yet, all that mask conformity can't seem to stop influenza from rampaging on BC's campus.
PackFansXL
wilmwolf80 said:

PackFansXL said:

Well, in the case of statements by the president, he won't actually take questions from the media, so there's really no way they can call him out on it. But for everyone else, yes, it would be nice if there was someone willing to ask the tough questions no matter what team the person in question was on.
I disagree with the bolded part. Editorials on perceptions of dishonesty and poor decision making are often crammed down reader's and watcher's throats by the media when the politician has the "wrong" ideology. They always spin a narrative that they hammer home 24/7 to support the approved ideology. Truth be damned. I place a large chunk of the blame for our polarized politics on biased media.
Werewolf
PackFansXL said:

Corporate media; lies, distortions, censorship, propaganda. Not even Fox or Newmax tells the truth......controlled opposition.

Real America Voice and One America News are the closest to thruth you can find on the boob tube.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
dogplasma
CDC now saying all people 18 and over ought to get a booster shot in advance of Omicron. All medical opinions I've heard on radio and TV are supporting this. The good news, maybe, is that I heard a recent report stating that Omicron may not be worse than existing variants in terms of physical effects. But there is uncertainty about strain specifics at this point.
packgrad
dogplasma said:

CDC now saying all people 18 and over ought to get a booster shot in advance of Omicron. All medical opinions I've heard on radio and TV are supporting this. The good news, maybe, is that I heard a recent report stating that Omicron may not be worse than existing variants in terms of physical effects. But there is uncertainty about strain specifics at this point.

Why should all adults get boosters? There is certainly a ton of people that disagree. You should probably expand your search because I can assure you all medical opinions do not agree.

82TxPackFan
Daviewolf83 said:

Reports are the new South African variant produces mild symptoms, but it did not prevent NY from declaring a state of emergency today. Governments using "states of emergency" to terrorize their citizens has to be curtailed.

As a I pointed out in an earlier post, viruses that produce mild symptoms are much better at infecting populations than viruses with severe and fatal symptoms. Viruses do not want to kill their hosts. It is bad for business.

Why do you need a booster if the new variant presents only mild symptoms??
Oldsouljer
I read that tweet in its entirety. The CDC should be required to back up their recommendations to the public with solid reasoning for those recommendations. It is not enough to just say "trust us" even ten years ago when the public was unaware of the politicization of the CDC, and it certainly isn't now.
Daviewolf83
dogplasma said:

If they want me to get boosted, they better approve the Novavax vaccine with the same speed as the previous vaccines. I am not getting the mRNA vaccines, since I believe they are not as good as Novavax. Novavax has the potential to be more successful against variants long-term than the mRNA vaccines.
wilmwolf
If the symptoms are as stated for this variant, I wonder why people are getting tested? If I took a covid test every time I was tired and had muscle aches, I would take one every day. I get that people want to know for their safety and the safety of others, it's just interesting to me how they are discovering they have it if the symptoms are so mild.
Daviewolf83
wilmwolf80 said:

If the symptoms are as stated for this variant, I wonder why people are getting tested? If I took a covid test every time I was tired and had muscle aches, I would take one every day. I get that people want to know for their safety and the safety of others, it's just interesting to me how they are discovering they have it if the symptoms are so mild.
I had a cold or allergies a week ago. Felt fine, except for a drippy nose and watery eyes for six days. No reason at all to get tested for what was either a very mild cold or allergies. I have allergies every year at this time, so I saw zero reason to get tested.
Everpack
wilmwolf80 said:

Stop. Getting. Tested.

It's the only way out. Don't look for a test. Don't volunteer for a test. Don't go places that "require" a negative test. Live your life like you did before this public health debacle. I'm 38 years old and somehow have managed to never be tested for the flu. Never. Probably because my parents were smart enough to not run me to damn doctor every time my nose ran or I coughed. So I don't do it in my adult life. I can count on one hand how many times I've been to the doctor due to my own illness. Stay at home, get rest, hydrate and medicate your symptoms with OTC remedies.

I'm in disbelief that this continues to be a thing. I've always thought society as a whole was pretty dumb and gullible, but I never dreamed it was as bad as it is. We are, without a doubt, completely ****ed as a society. The lack of common sense and ability to reason is mind numbing.

Stop. Getting. Tested! Live your life.
packgrad
Preach.
Wayland

Quote:

Cases have been reported in nine countries and territories outside of the EU/EEA (Australia, Botswana, Canada, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Israel, Japan, South Africa, Switzerland and the United Kingdom).

Cases are already everywhere... Asia, Europe, Africa, NA, AUSTRALIA.

Stop the useless travel bans and panic.
Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

Quote:

Cases have been reported in nine countries and territories outside of the EU/EEA (Australia, Botswana, Canada, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Israel, Japan, South Africa, Switzerland and the United Kingdom).

Cases are already everywhere... Asia, Europe, Africa, NA, AUSTRALIA.

Stop the useless travel bans and panic.
This is what we want from a virus. It evolves to become more transmittable and much less severe. As I have said before, it is in virus's best interest to not be so severe that the host is incapacitated or dies. If it is less severe, it has a greater chance of long-term success.

I agree on travel bans. They are used by politicians and health policy advisors, so they appear to be "doing something", but their "doing something" is basically ineffective.

As I posted yesterday, Australia is an interesting case. Severely locked down country. Arresting people who violate the Covid rules. Limited travel to the country and only with negative tests. They have reported the new variant. As the Borg say - "Resistance is futile."
dogplasma
There was no search - just what I heard reported the other day via radio and TV. I don't doubt you've found other opinions out there on the internet. But this is what some prominent medical people and the CDC are saying. Not wishing to get into a pointless booster debate - just sharing news and maybe stirring the Covid thread pot a little.
packgrad
packgrad
dogplasma said:

There was no search - just what I heard reported the other day via radio and TV. I don't doubt you've found other opinions out there on the internet. But this is what some prominent medical people and the CDC are saying. Not wishing to get into a pointless booster debate - just sharing news and maybe stirring the Covid thread pot a little.

Ahhh ok. The propaganda that all adults should get a booster for the new variant is nonsense. Unfortunate the damage the cdc and prominent medical people have done to their reputation throughout this pandemic. They depend on the covid religious to heed their warnings and shout down those whose eyes are opened.
caryking
Is this true?

Moderna and Johnson and Johnson haven't been FDA approved. That and liability are why Pfizer won't produce the FDA approved vaccine and only produces the Emergency Vaccine. Once they supply an FDA approved product as a Covid19 vaccine, then we must stop using Moderna and Johnson and Johnson under the emergency use authorization. It is illegal to prescribe a product for Emergency Use if there is an FDA approved drug available. The truth is that Biden wanted so bad to sell the "safe and effective" line that they rushed FDA approval specifically for the purpose of Biden being to justify his mandates with an FDA approved vaccine, even though the approved Comirnaty vaccine is not in production.

Joe Biden
caryking
Can anyone deny this thinking?

How to create a pandemic? Fund gain-of-function research.

How to ensure "plausible deniability"? Fund it in China

How to prolong a pandemic and ensure a virus doesn't weaken too soon? Lockdown health populations to ostensibly keep them "safe" but delay their exposure to prevent "herd immunity."

How to ensure natural "herd immunity" is not realized? Spread a leaky and ineffective "vaccine" that ensures the "vaccinated" can still become infected and transmit the virus, and will be incubators for new variants.

Why are new variants necessary? To perpetuate the "pandemic" fear-cycle that makes it easier to manipulate people, take away their freedoms, dignity, liberty and human rights, and ensure the consolidation of authoritarian dictatorship.

What is "the science"? Whatever advances the narrative; a means to a political end (the New World Order tyranny of the "sophisticated" elites).

Joe Biden
statefan91
Wayland
statefan91 said:

Let's review just what happened after that "Leadership in Public Health Practice Award from Harvard University's T.H. Chan School of Public Health for her role in the state's pandemic response." was awarded.

Cohen isn't dumb. My initial take on her was that she knows what's what, but she is 100% in this for the politics and unfortunately became a party over science propagandist.

What effect did she have over the direction of the pandemic? Not a whole lot. But she will remain responsible for helping support the ill advised business/park closure policies and the useless 3W propaganda.

And worst of all, weaponizing the farce ABC 'Science' Collaborative and teacher union guidance to keep kids out of the classroom.

All while not actually protecting anyone.

What a legacy.
Daviewolf83
More from one of my favorite people to follow on Twitter regarding the Omicron variant. Please try to avoid the scary headlines meant to draw your attention and sell ads.

First Page Last Page
Page 414 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.