Coronavirus

2,024,317 Views | 19870 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Werewolf
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

statefan91 said:

I don't understand your weird aversion toward attempts at better informing people of information that could save their lives or their loved ones.
watch it now...thats not what he said. It is, but it is not.

Awww. Somebody in their feelings this morning?
Be careful... that one probably got flagged at least 3 times!
FlossyDFlynt
I feel like I have been pretty consistent on COVID for the most part. As I am an independent, I had people knocking on my door nearly every day leading up to the election. I was polite at first, but the multiple offenders got some words that they were not welcome on my doorstep. If one person knocks on my door about the vaccine (I am vaccinated and the county did it, so they should know not to come, but it is a government operation...), Im probably gonna pop a gasket. Please just leave me alone over it, I am so tired of dealing with it from every angle.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

I have not posted the vaccination status charts for about a week, so I thought some would find it interesting. While vaccinations in NC have slowed, NC is still providing approximately 16,000 doses a day (last 7-day average). If you project this over a month, at the current rate NC is vaccinating, a total of 480,000 doses will be administered. Some of these doses are first dose or single dose and some are a second dose. To date, NC has provided the following vaccinations:

1st and Single (J&J) Dose Total = 4,813,426 doses
2nd Dose Total = 4,441,388 doses

Another encouraging metric - over 80% of those aged 65+ have received at least one dose and an average of those aged 65+ have received two doses. Having this age group highly vaccinated is important, since it is the age demographic most impacted from Covid, with regards to severe Covid and deaths. These numbers are also important, since recent reports indicate that those people who are fully vaccinated should have good immune system protection (antibodies and T-Cells) from the Delta variant.

Thanks Davie -- I guess I'm actually surprised the % of those 65+ is not actually higher than what is reported here. For the reasons you mention as drivers...surprises me more would be unwilling to take the vaccine.
I'm reading here, that OVER 80% have had at least one dose, and 92.27% of those have had a second shot... so, with the J&J being a one shot vaccine - an even HIGHER number than 92.27% of that OVER 80% have had BOTH SHOTS...

Surely some of those UNDER 20% have legitimate health issues that prevent them from getting vaccinated, wouldn't one think?

I mean what else do you need to see in order to convince yourself that our citizens "that needed it the most" have overall done a very good job being receptive to the vaccine? Not arguing, but asking?
The chart shows 80%'ish of 65+ have been fully vaccinated...not sure where you're getting 92%?
Thats a great #....I'm just shocked its not even higher -- what 70 yr olds are declining at this point?

As for the younger groups --- sure, based on age, much less at risk. But that chart does nothing to show those at risk. A 35 YO obese diabetic is surely as much at risk as a 80 YO "healthy" person, no? (and yes, that 35 yo obese person is generally at risk for a whole bunch of bad crap).

Point is...#s in a vacuum are just numbers. So I'm not sure how you can possibly suggest "that our citizens who need it the most are getting vaccinated".....unless you think only old people are at risk.
TheStorm

I got it from this... but, I did the math myself so you are welcome to double-check it and correct me.

Also, how do you know that the 35 year old obese diabetic didn't get the vaccine at the same rate that the 65+ group did? No, I don't know either... but, you'd think their medical provider would have strongly recommended it, no? Hopefully they would have listened. I know I would have...
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

I got it from this... but, I did the math myself so you are welcome to double-check it and correct me.

Also, how do you know that the 35 year old obese diabetic didn't get the vaccine at the same rate that the 65+ group did? No, I don't know either... but, you'd think their medical provider would have strongly recommended it, no? Hopefully they would have listened. I know I would have
Got it...you're talking 92% of the 80%, not 92 overall. Sure. Yeah as I said on here consistently....I would have thought our overall % were higher than they are reported is all. What that says is 1 in 5 people over 65 are not vaccinated. I'd have thought more in that age range would have elected to be vaccinated. But clearly, my bias plays into that.

As for your 2nd point...absolutely, to the degree they see medical providers. But I think its generally acknowledged (other than those who just want to argue ) that people in lower socio-economic groups seek medical care much less regularly than others. Its why they progress to diabetes and obesity at higher rates, etc. So....the subset of that group that do go get medical care may very well be vaccinated....but I think we're kidding ourselves if we think that there aren't millions of people in those conditions that are higher risk for covid-related deaths who almost never see a doctor.
GuerrillaPack
Get ready for your covid booster injection every year.

https://instagr.am/p/CRHHRB8nisY

Quote:

wearebreitbart 3RD DOSE!!!! Pfizer is ready to seek U.S. authorization for a third dose of its coronavirus vaccine, outlining Thursday a top up shot within 12 months could dramatically boost immunity and counter any virus mutant.

Pfizer's Dr. Mikael Dolsten told the Associated Press early data from the company's booster study suggests people's antibody levels rise five- to 10-fold after a third dose, compared to their second dose months earlier.

In April, Pfizer flagged plans to ask the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for emergency authorization of a third dose, as Breitbart News reported.

"We believe that the third dose will raise the antibody response 10- to 20- fold," Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said at the time, likening it to the annual flu shot.

"Every year, you need to go to get your flu vaccine," Bourla said. "It's going to be the same with COVID. In a year, you will have to go and get your annual shot for Covid to be protected."
caryking
FlossyDFlynt said:

I feel like I have been pretty consistent on COVID for the most part. As I am an independent, I had people knocking on my door nearly every day leading up to the election. I was polite at first, but the multiple offenders got some words that they were not welcome on my doorstep. If one person knocks on my door about the vaccine (I am vaccinated and the county did it, so they should know not to come, but it is a government operation...), Im probably gonna pop a gasket. Please just leave me alone over it, I am so tired of dealing with it from every angle.
The bold above assumes the government is tracking who did or did not get the vaccine. If so, that should be scary to everyone. Is that a violation of Hippa laws?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
GuerrillaPack
pineknollshoresking said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

The bold above assumes the government is tracking who did or did not get the vaccine. If so, that should be scary to everyone. Is that a violation of Hippa laws?

It's certain that the government is tracking who has and hasn't been jabbed. When you take the injection, you get that CDC proof of vaccination card, and the CDC then puts each person in their database.
FlossyDFlynt

FlossyDFlynt said:

I think you missed the part where I got it through Wake County Health Department. They surely would have a record of who they administered doses to.
caryking
FlossyDFlynt said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

I think you missed the part where I got it through Wake County Health Department. They surely would have a record of who they administered doses to.
Again, the bold above assumes the government is tracking who did or did not get the vaccine. If so, that should be scary to everyone. Is that a violation of Hippa laws?

I'll add... Do you have your vaccine passport?

Joe Biden
FlossyDFlynt

FlossyDFlynt said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Again, the bold above assumes the government is tracking who did or did not get the vaccine. If so, that should be scary to everyone. Is that a violation of Hippa laws?

No, as I have stated in this thread, I am vehemently against them. As far as tracking goes, I would assume anyone who administers healthcare, whether they are the county, my primary care, a hospital, etc keeps records of what they do (as they have to by law). Davie could probably correct me here, but I believe they have to keep records for 10 years. As I got it through a government entity, I would assume they have that record. It was completely my choice to do it that way, and I am fine with it.

As far as government tracking goes, I am against it, but I am also not naive enough to think they dont do it. I operate that anything I do that has an internet connection, someone is tracking. That is just the world we currently live in
caryking
FlossyDFlynt said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

No, as I have stated in this thread, I am vehemently against them. As far as tracking goes, I would assume anyone who administers healthcare, whether they are the county, my primary care, a hospital, etc keeps records of what they do (as they have to by law). Davie could probably correct me here, but I believe they have to keep records for 10 years. As I got it through a government entity, I would assume they have that record. It was completely my choice to do it that way, and I am fine with it.

As far as government tracking goes, I am against it, but I am also not naive enough to think they dont do it. I operate that anything I do that has an internet connection, someone is tracking. That is just the world we currently live in
ok

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
bigeric said:

and while they are at it, when they encounter Medicare recipients, they can ensure they are "getting all the benefits they deserve."
I despise that ad and all the washed up has-beens they use to promote it.
Packchem91
Oldsouljer said:

bigeric said:

and while they are at it, when they encounter Medicare recipients, they can ensure they are "getting all the benefits they deserve."
LOL, yeah it is terrible. I always wonder if producers (and the paying customer) who put together commercials actually look / listen to them.
statefan91
FlossyDFlynt said:

Do people actually answer the door these days? I usually just assume whatever they're there for they can leave a note on the doorstep if I wasn't expecting them. Ring cameras lend to pretty easily dismissing them if they come by as well. My assumption is still that they would just be doing flyers and community awareness for places with very low vaccination rates.
FlossyDFlynt
statefan91 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Do people actually answer the door these days? I usually just assume whatever they're there for they can leave a note on the doorstep if I wasn't expecting them. Ring cameras lend to pretty easily dismissing them if they come by as well. My assumption is still that they would just be doing flyers and community awareness for places with very low vaccination rates.
I still do as I dont have a Ring yet. A couple of my neighbors stop by once in a while, so ignoring would be rude. I do need to invest in some doorbell camera before 2022 election cycle. Maybe a paintball gun as well
statefan91
I have one from SimpliSafe that I've been too lazy to install, luckily my office has a great view of the front porch and I can tell who I want to ignore
statefan91
bigeric
Packchem91 said:

Oldsouljer said:

bigeric said:

LOL, yeah it is terrible. I always wonder if producers (and the paying customer) who put together commercials actually look / listen to them.
I just don't think I could buy insurance from a company advertising itself as a joke.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/CRHYj-ttTH6

The "official" explanation for why the flu virtually vanished worldwide over the last year and a half is "wearing masks eradicated the flu". But that's ridiculous, because if masks could do that, then why didn't mask-wearing ALSO eradicate covid?

The reality is the flu and common cold never went away, and are still around at the same rate as years before. They've just renamed everything as "covid" now. Fake "cases"...just like all those 600k "covid" deaths that were actually caused by serious pre-existing morbidities such as heart disease, cancer, pneumonia, etc. Just slap the label "covid" on everything based on the totally bogus PCR test or, in most cases, no test at all and just "presume" the person "has covid".
Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

https://instagr.am/p/CRHYj-ttTH6

The "official" explanation for why the flu virtually vanished worldwide over the last year and a half is "wearing masks eradicated the flu". But that's ridiculous, because if masks could do that, then why didn't mask-wearing ALSO eradicate covid?

The reality is the flu and common cold never went away, and are still around at the same rate as years before. They've just renamed everything as "covid" now. Fake "cases"...just like all those 600k "covid" deaths that were actually caused by serious pre-existing morbidities such as heart disease, cancer, pneumonia, etc. Just slap the label "covid" on everything based on the totally bogus PCR test or, in most cases, no test at all and just "presume" the person "has covid".

What are the R0 values of influenza vs COVID?
How much natural immunity is there worldwide for influenza vs COVID?
packgrad
Remember when Asia was the role model for Coronavirus and masking? Hundreds of articles. Now Japan is canceling spectators at the Olympics when 80+% of the population wear masks, and their citizenry suffers from chronic non obesity. Science.

Oh, and US Democrats still want children to wear masks in school next year. Science.
TheStorm
TheStorm
caryking
TheStorm said:

That picture speaks so many things to me...

Joe Biden
dogplasma
packgrad said:

Remember when Asia was the role model for Coronavirus and masking? Hundreds of articles. Now Japan is canceling spectators at the Olympics when 80+% of the population wear masks, and their citizenry suffers from chronic non obesity. Science.

Oh, and US Democrats still want children to wear masks in school next year. Science.
I don't think it's about mask wearing - I think it's that they only have a small percentage of their people vaccinated, right? I haven't been keeping up so I don't know why they're so far behind - it seems like a nation that would be at the forefront of vaccinations.

I thought college bball was tough without fans but no fans at the Olympics is just sad.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Well if the Japanese pushed continuing to wear masks rather than get vaccinated....they earned this dishonor of an Olympics w/o fans. But I don't think that is what happened. Wayland posted some #s where the culture in Japan is very anti-vacc due to some previous issues.

And I'm not sure anyone thinks masking is the best way to prevent spread of covid. Haven't read what the US Dems want for kids in schools but I would expect they'd prefer them to vaccinated first and foremost.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Cute dog and nice change of pace from covid discussion, but why are you wearing jeans on this super humid July day?
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Cute dog and nice change of pace from covid discussion, but why are you wearing jeans on this super humid July day?
I'm not entirely sure what the symbolism of that picture is... there are probably multiple possibilities. I haven't even figured it out myself as of yet... but it looked like a good fit for the last several pages here.

And c'mon 91... you know that I wear better shoes than that! (can't believe that you nailed me!)
statefan91
Daviewolf83
dogplasma said:

packgrad said:

I don't think it's about mask wearing - I think it's that they only have a small percentage of their people vaccinated, right? I haven't been keeping up so I don't know why they're so far behind - it seems like a nation that would be at the forefront of vaccinations.

I thought college bball was tough without fans but no fans at the Olympics is just sad.
I posted the graphic below a couple of days ago. The Japanese are very far behind the US (and other Western nations) in getting their population vaccinated. I also saw a report a couple of days ago that indicated a majority of theJapanese population want the Olympics to be postponed again this year.

Daviewolf83
statefan91 said:

I trust Dr. Gandhi a lot more than Pfizer and the other pharmaceutical companies. They have a vested interest in selling more vaccine doses and I would not put it past them to put profits ahead of science. This is why we have the FDA and right now, the FDA (and the CDC) are saying a third dose is likely NOT required at this time.
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Well if the Japanese pushed continuing to wear masks rather than get vaccinated....they earned this dishonor of an Olympics w/o fans. But I don't think that is what happened. Wayland posted some #s where the culture in Japan is very anti-vacc due to some previous issues.

And I'm not sure anyone thinks masking is the best way to prevent spread of covid. Haven't read what the US Dems want for kids in schools but I would expect they'd prefer them to vaccinated first and foremost.

Vaccinated children is as illogical as masked children.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

For young kids where it's not approved, sure. But CDC says kids 12+ should get vaccinated. But I'm sure they're just being political.
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

For young kids where it's not approved, sure. But CDC says kids 12+ should get vaccinated. But I'm sure they're just being political.

I'm sure you just want to argue. Science.
First Page Last Page
Page 306 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.