Coronavirus

1,980,101 Views | 19754 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
ciscopack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack said:

ciscopack said:

He also fails to compare with Anthony Fauci's work and service to mankind!

"Service to mankind"!?? Lmfao. That's hilarious. I wouldn't trust that manlet mafia wannabe "doctor" to stitch up a minor cut. He's a minion of the criminal Establishment, who is dedicated to waging war against mankind. How many hundreds of thousands of businesses have been destroyed because of this gigantic fraud foisted upon humanity, supported by this man, and the unnecessary lockdowns? How many millions have lost their jobs? And let's not forget that he supported the "research" that created this virus (in the Wuhan lab).

2000 - (21 years ago) - AAI Public Service Award

The AAI Public Service Award (PSA) is bestowed on "individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the advocacy and support of basic biomedical and immunologic research" and who have "distinguished themselves in such diverse fields as public affairs and policymaking, journalism and scientific writing, scientific research, research administration, minority recruitment and education in the sciences, and disease research advocacy."

The AAI Lifetime Achievement Award is the highest honor bestowed by the AAI Council upon an AAI member. This award recognizes a deserving member for a career of scientific achievement and for contributions to AAI and fellow immunologists. (2005 - 16 years ago)

Distinguished Fellows of AAI Past Recipients
This program annually recognizes members for distinguished careers and outstanding scientific contributions as well as their service to AAI and the immunology community. (2019)

2007 Mary Woodard Lasker Award for Public Service "for his role as the principal architect of two major U.S. governmental programs, one aimed at AIDS and the other at biodefense." (2007 - 14 years ago)

He developed therapies for formerly fatal diseases such as polyarteritis nodosa, granulomatosis with polyangiitis, and lymphomatoid granulomatosis. In a 1985 Stanford University Arthritis Center Survey, members of the American Rheumatism Association ranked Fauci's work on the treatment of polyarteritis nodosa and granulomatosis with polyangiitis as one of the most important advances in patient management in rheumatology over the previous 20 years. (36 years ago)

In 2003, the Institute for Scientific Information stated that from 1983 to 2002, "Fauci was the 13th most-cited scientist among the 2.5 to 3.0 million authors in all disciplines throughout the world who published articles in scientific journals." (18 years ago) [2] As a government scientist under seven presidents, Fauci has been described as "a consistent spokesperson for science, a person who more than any other figure has brokered a generational peace" between the two worlds of science and politics.

Though Fauci was initially admonished for his treatment of the AIDS epidemic, his work in the community was eventually acknowledged; Kramer, who had spent years hating Fauci for his treatment of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, eventually called him "the only true and great hero" among government officials in the AIDS crisis."

In a 2020 analysis of Google Scholar citations, Dr. Fauci ranked as the 32nd most-cited living researcher. According to the Web of Science, Dr. Fauci ranked 9th out of 2.5 million authors in the field of immunology by total citation count between 1980 and January 2021. During the same period, he ranked 20th out of 2.4 million authors in the field of research & experimental medicine, and 132th out of 992,000 authors in the field of general & internal medicine.

.............if Russ had not thrown that late pick in his 2nd Superbowl game.........

ciscopack
ciscopack said:

GuerrillaPack said:

ciscopack said:

"Service to mankind"!?? Lmfao. That's hilarious. I wouldn't trust that manlet mafia wannabe "doctor" to stitch up a minor cut. He's a minion of the criminal Establishment, who is dedicated to waging war against mankind. How many hundreds of thousands of businesses have been destroyed because of this gigantic fraud foisted upon humanity, supported by this man, and the unnecessary lockdowns? How many millions have lost their jobs? And let's not forget that he supported the "research" that created this virus (in the Wuhan lab).

2000 - (21 years ago) - AAI Public Service Award

The AAI Public Service Award (PSA) is bestowed on "individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the advocacy and support of basic biomedical and immunologic research" and who have "distinguished themselves in such diverse fields as public affairs and policymaking, journalism and scientific writing, scientific research, research administration, minority recruitment and education in the sciences, and disease research advocacy."

The AAI Lifetime Achievement Award is the highest honor bestowed by the AAI Council upon an AAI member. This award recognizes a deserving member for a career of scientific achievement and for contributions to AAI and fellow immunologists. (2005 - 16 years ago)

Distinguished Fellows of AAI Past Recipients
This program annually recognizes members for distinguished careers and outstanding scientific contributions as well as their service to AAI and the immunology community. (2019)

2007 Mary Woodard Lasker Award for Public Service "for his role as the principal architect of two major U.S. governmental programs, one aimed at AIDS and the other at biodefense." (2007 - 14 years ago)

He developed therapies for formerly fatal diseases such as polyarteritis nodosa, granulomatosis with polyangiitis, and lymphomatoid granulomatosis. In a 1985 Stanford University Arthritis Center Survey, members of the American Rheumatism Association ranked Fauci's work on the treatment of polyarteritis nodosa and granulomatosis with polyangiitis as one of the most important advances in patient management in rheumatology over the previous 20 years. (36 years ago)

In 2003, the Institute for Scientific Information stated that from 1983 to 2002, "Fauci was the 13th most-cited scientist among the 2.5 to 3.0 million authors in all disciplines throughout the world who published articles in scientific journals." (18 years ago) [2] As a government scientist under seven presidents, Fauci has been described as "a consistent spokesperson for science, a person who more than any other figure has brokered a generational peace" between the two worlds of science and politics.

Though Fauci was initially admonished for his treatment of the AIDS epidemic, his work in the community was eventually acknowledged; Kramer, who had spent years hating Fauci for his treatment of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, eventually called him "the only true and great hero" among government officials in the AIDS crisis."

In a 2020 analysis of Google Scholar citations, Dr. Fauci ranked as the 32nd most-cited living researcher. According to the Web of Science, Dr. Fauci ranked 9th out of 2.5 million authors in the field of immunology by total citation count between 1980 and January 2021. During the same period, he ranked 20th out of 2.4 million authors in the field of research & experimental medicine, and 132th out of 992,000 authors in the field of general & internal medicine.

.............if Russ had not thrown that late pick in his 2nd Superbowl game.........

2002: Albany Medical Center Prize[101]
2003: American Academy of Achievement's Golden Plate Award[102]
2005: National Medal of Science[103]
2005: American Association of Immunologists Lifetime Achievement Award[104]
2007: Mary Woodard Lasker Public Service Award[105]
2007: George M. Kober Medal, Association of American Physicians[9]
2008: Presidential Medal of Freedom[102]
2013: UCSF medal[106]
2013: Robert Koch Gold Medal[107]
2013: Prince Mahidol Award[108]
2015: Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters, Johns Hopkins University[109][110]
2016: John Dirks Canada Gairdner Global Health Award[111]
2018: Honorary Doctor of Science, commencement speaker, American University[112]
2018: Honorary Doctor of Science, Boston University[113]
2020: Federal Employee of the Year[114]
2020: Presidential Citation for Exemplary Leadership, National Academy of Medicine[115]
2020: Ripple of Hope Award from the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights[116]
2020: TIME Magazine's Guardian of the Year, along with the frontline health workers, Assa Traor, Porche Bennett-Bey, and racial justice organizers.[117]
2020: Harris Dean's Award[118]
2021: Public Welfare Medal of the National Academy of Sciences[119]
2021: Dan David Prize[120]

Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

ciscopack said:

Do you trust anyone in positions of leadership (private company managers/bosses/heads; any heads of government agencies; any local elected officials/councilmen/mayors/governors; Sunday school class leaders/Boy Scout troop leaders, etc.)

Basically, how 'local' does a person in a leadership position have to get before you don't think they're the flaming right hand of Satan reaching into our lives to do his bidding?
Oldsouljer
Amazing that with all those accomplishments burnishing his reputation, he threw it all away to become known as an obnoxious, mendacious, self-aggrandizing political stooge.
dogplasma
It's just as amazing that some people would see him as that given his career accomplishments and having been advisor to so many different administrations since the 1980s. The fact that his medical agenda didn't always mesh with Trump's own political agenda didn't make Fauci to be the stooge in that situation.
packgrad
Neanderthals FTW.

Mormad
You gotta love Texas
Wayland
Oldsouljer said:

Amazing that with all those accomplishments burnishing his reputation, he threw it all away to become known as an obnoxious, mendacious, self-aggrandizing political stooge.
Did he really change his stripes or did we just not see them?

Fauci seemed reasonable at first because of who he was standing beside. Providing what seemed to be a voice of reason. He is a self-serving political bureaucrat. Just because he is accomplished doesn't mean he is a good person. Sure there are times where the intersection of his work, his ego, and public health intersect.

For some reason when you control the purses strings, people want to be on your side.

I posted this before. Let's look back many years to what the inventor of the PCR test thought of Fauci.

Sure this video was years ago and had nothing to do with COVID, but it is about who Fauci is.

packgrad
Science. Service to mankind.

"AFT's lobbying efforts were reportedly successful. An initial report published by the New York Post cited at least two instances when the teachers union's suggestions were used almost verbatim in the CDC's school reopening guidelines."

ncsualum05
packgrad said:

Neanderthals FTW.

God bless Texas.

Florida is doing well too I presume. Those 2 states well ahead of CDC and Biden.

I was out this weekend running errands. Probably 1/3 of people I saw are wearing masks at this point. It's all but over. There will be a cult of people who remain masked and even offended I'm sure. But it sure was nice to be out and about and see more smiles.
JasonNCSU
I was just happy to work out at the gym this morning without having to Mask Up! About 50/50 masked vs unmasked.
packgrad
JasonNCSU said:

I was just happy to work out at the gym this morning without having to Mask Up! About 50/50 masked vs unmasked.
Yeah, That was good news. My neighborhood finally opened our key fob access and no longer require masks in the gym. Pleased.
Oldsouljer
The Inventor of PCR regularly dropped acid and freely admitted it. Denied climate change and was into astrology. Colorful character.
Mormad
Yeah, I'm not gonna defend Fauci, but Kary isn't exactly the opinion I'll trust. Lots of personal tug-a- wars among many in science, medicine, and politics.
GuerrillaPack
Kary also said that PCR could NOT be used to diagnose disease or tell if a person was sick:

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Wayland
Mormad said:

Yeah, I'm not gonna defend Fauci, but Kary isn't exactly the opinion I'll trust. Lots of personal tug-a- wars among many in science, medicine, and politics.
Fair point, he certainly seems an eccentric sort. But his assessment of Fauci was basically spot on the the conclusion I had come to before seeing that video.

It is unfortunate because he seemed to be an early voice of reason.
Packchem91
Mormad said:

PackMom said:

King Leary said:

The virtue signalers won't go down without a fight. Just got back from Harris Teeter. I'd say probably 95% or more still had on masks.

Even after their beloved CDC says they don't need to. Sad.
HT's parent company, Kroger, has decided to continue their mask requirement, at least for now.

And not all mask wearers are going to be leftist virtue signalers, because Pack Mom and i know people who should strongly consider wearing their masks for legitimate reasons for now.
Number of visits to a Lowe's, to a smaller garden center, gas station, Harris Teeter, couple of restaurants and my church (first time back) over the w/e, and significantly found people still wearing masks. Probably 75%'ish, I'd guess.
Certainly more w/o them than a week ago, but not a sea change by any stretch.
Wayland
Cases continue to drop quickly. We are basically to early June 2020 case numbers (with higher testing levels)

johntom
Just got back from Vegas yesterday. The mask mandate was lifted there on Friday morning. I'd guess that 80% of the city went maskless after that. It was the most normal feeling I've had in a long time.
Daviewolf83
Packchem91 said:

Mormad said:

PackMom said:

King Leary said:

The virtue signalers won't go down without a fight. Just got back from Harris Teeter. I'd say probably 95% or more still had on masks.

HT's parent company, Kroger, has decided to continue their mask requirement, at least for now.

And not all mask wearers are going to be leftist virtue signalers, because Pack Mom and i know people who should strongly consider wearing their masks for legitimate reasons for now.
Number of visits to a Lowe's, to a smaller garden center, gas station, Harris Teeter, couple of restaurants and my church (first time back) over the w/e, and significantly found people still wearing masks. Probably 75%'ish, I'd guess.
Attended graduation events for my son this weekend in Winston-Salem. Dinner in two really nice restaurants and I would say less than 20% of people entered or left the restaurants with masks on. I never wore a mask in either restaurant. Some staff wore masks and some did not wear them.

Some graduation events were outdoors and I would estimate about 90% of people had no masks. I never wore a mask at any outdoor event this weekend. The school's requirement on outdoor masking was recommended, but not required. We had an outdoor reception on Saturday night and only a handful of people wore masks.

For the indoor graduation event on Sunday (only the fourth or fifth time graduation at his school has been held indoors), it was limited to two parents/friends, spaced out by 15 feet or more in the arena, and masks were required. They split up the graduation and had no more than 500 graduates for each session (five sessions on Sunday). Graduates were allowed to remove their mask to walk across the stage to shake the university president's hand and get their diploma and have a picture made off the stage. Their mask had to be put back on after the photo. Once outside, they could remove their masks.

The school had a big outdoor graduation celebration at the football stadium for all graduates last night and very few people had masks on, including the graduates. I would estimate 90% were mask-less at this event.

My son's school had been very strict all year and only opened the campus to off-campus visitors two weeks ago. The gates were monitored by security guards all year and only two entrances were open. This was the policy in place, since last March. Only students, faculty, and staff had been allowed on campus. Visitors had to be pre-approved in writing and they were given a brief window of access for the campus. Classes were a mix of virtual and in-person this entire academic year. Until this past weekend, I had not been on his campus, since late last April.

This semester, the school was testing almost every regular student and many staff/faculty weekly, following a large outbreak that occurred when they returned for the Spring semester. Students were required to wear a mask on campus at all times the entire year and many dorms were converted to singe-occupancy dorm rooms. All those who tested positive were quarantined off campus. Those who were contact-trace quarantined were either quarantined off-campus or on-campus, depending on the number of people in quarantine.

Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

Cases continue to drop quickly. We are basically to early June 2020 case numbers (with higher testing levels)

It will be interesting to monitor over the next two weeks, along with hospitalizations. I suspect we may have hit the inflection point from the vaccination levels. With the relaxing of masking requirements in some areas, you should begin to see if there are any negative effects over the next two weeks, given the data lags and time it takes for the increase in cases to appear.
Wayland
Daviewolf83 said:

Wayland said:

It will be interesting to monitor over the next two weeks, along with hospitalizations. I suspect we may have hit the inflection point from the vaccination levels. With the relaxing of masking requirements in some areas, you should begin to see if there are any negative effects over the next two weeks, given the data lags and time it takes for the increase in cases to appear.
I think over the next few weeks, we will see what the real hospitalization floor may be. As we haven't been below 800 overall (except for a single outlier) since last June.

I was a little surprised we saw numbers drop so much over the weekend. Even the % pos (which I still hate by the way) which is usually high on Mondays, was under 5% today (4.7%). Just 3 weeks ago it was 7.6%
Civilized
Music to my eyes!
PackPA2015
U.S. sending 20 million vaccines abroad. FDA has not released where they are going at this time.

This means 2 things: 1) Supply is greater than demand. We knew we would get to the vaccine plateau at some point.
2) U.S. has a significant surplus to share.

Shots Abroad
packgrad
More science.

IseWolf22
Packchem91 said:

Mormad said:

PackMom said:

King Leary said:

I went to Harris Teeter, Target, Total Wine, and Home Depot this weekend. All still had signs up saying a mask was required, so I wore mine. I would not have without the sign. I did not notice anyone who wasn't wearing theirs, but I wasn't really looking
PackFansXL
Suburbs around Austin: Went to Lowe's, Home Depot, local restaurant, and Goodwill without a mask this weekend.
Downtown Austin: Went to the REI and found lines outside the building with six foot spacing, rigid mask requirements, and very low max in store shopper limits hence the line outside. Haven't seen that anywhere since March 2020. Silliness!
Oldsouljer
packgrad said:

More science.

Brought to you by the NIH and CDC Scientologists.
packgrad

FlossyDFlynt
Went to the Canes game at PNC last night. It was absolutely incredible to be back at a sporting event with a mostly full crowd. They were pretty strict with the mask rule, but otherwise, it felt almost normal.
Oldsouljer
FlossyDFlynt said:

Went to the Canes game at PNC last night. It was absolutely incredible to be back at a sporting event with a mostly full crowd. They were pretty strict with the mask rule, but otherwise, it felt almost normal.
Glad you enjoyed it. That restriction would have a deal breaker for me, though.
bigeric
"I hope they make a true story of this movie"
-Fauci-

Priceless
Daviewolf83
FlossyDFlynt said:

I was there as well. We took my son as part of his college graduation present. I would say most people wore their masks and I did not see anyone pushing back on the requirement. They also were giving masks to people who did not have one or had one that was not acceptable (gaiter style masks were not allowed). I understand it is a league-wide rule that the Canes and teams in other states must follow. I got used to wearing a mask during college football season, so it was not a huge issue for me to do for a couple of hours. As soon as I stepped outside the arena, I just took it off.

While the Canes were limited to 12k fans, it seemed like they put almost all 12k in the lower bowl. The lower bowl and the Club level seemed to be close to full. Most of the sections where you could see lots of empty seats were in the upper deck. It was so much fun to go back to an almost full arena and it really seemed pretty normal, except for the masks.
Civilized
Oldsouljer said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Brother, you must have more opportunities to enjoy playoff hockey than me.

I'm still jealous over my season ticket holder coworkers that got to enjoy the 06 cup run in person.

Closest I've ever gotten to a major championship otherwise was my parents taking me out to the Brickyard in my footie pajamas to watch the natty celebration bonfires in 83.
Wayland
Civilized said:

Oldsouljer said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Brother, you must have more opportunities to enjoy playoff hockey than me.

I'm still jealous over my season ticket holder coworkers that got to enjoy the 06 cup run in person.

Closest I've ever gotten to a major championship otherwise was my parents taking me out to the Brickyard in my footie pajamas to watch the natty celebration bonfires in 83.
It is good to see people back in the building. I think events like this will continue to boost public confidence (and get us back to full capacity in Carter-Finley in the fall).

Side note - I had a 10 game regular season pack in 06, and my dad and I bought the playoff package. It was a hell of a run. Attending a Game 7 Stanley Cup Final and seeing the Cup awarded live was definitely a top sports moment for me.
First Page Last Page
Page 280 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.