Coronavirus

2,018,830 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Werewolf
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wayland said:

Civilized said:

Oldsouljer said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Went to the Canes game at PNC last night. It was absolutely incredible to be back at a sporting event with a mostly full crowd. They were pretty strict with the mask rule, but otherwise, it felt almost normal.
Glad you enjoyed it. That restriction would have a deal breaker for me, though.

Brother, you must have more opportunities to enjoy playoff hockey than me.

I'm still jealous over my season ticket holder coworkers that got to enjoy the 06 cup run in person.

Closest I've ever gotten to a major championship otherwise was my parents taking me out to the Brickyard in my footie pajamas to watch the natty celebration bonfires in 83.
It is good to see people back in the building. I think events like this will continue to boost public confidence (and get us back to full capacity in Carter-Finley in the fall).

Side note - I had a 10 game regular season pack in 06, and my dad and I bought the playoff package. It was a hell of a run. Attending a Game 7 Stanley Cup Final and seeing the Cup awarded live was definitely a top sports moment for me.

Enemy made.
FlossyDFlynt
Civilized said:

Oldsouljer said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Went to the Canes game at PNC last night. It was absolutely incredible to be back at a sporting event with a mostly full crowd. They were pretty strict with the mask rule, but otherwise, it felt almost normal.
Glad you enjoyed it. That restriction would have a deal breaker for me, though.

Brother, you must have more opportunities to enjoy playoff hockey than me.

I'm still jealous over my season ticket holder coworkers that got to enjoy the 06 cup run in person.

Closest I've ever gotten to a major championship otherwise was my parents taking me out to the Brickyard in my footie pajamas to watch the natty celebration bonfires in 83.
There are not many better sporting events to see in person than the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Ive been pretty open for my disdain for masks now that I have been vaccinated and mandates have been lifted, but that wasnt going to stop me once the opportunity presented itself to go last night. Sure, its an inconvenience, but if thats the price to pay to go to that type of sporting event, sign me up. If I can find tickets at the same price I paid last night again, Ill go tomorrow.

I did go to the MLS Cup final when I lived in KC for Sporting KC vs Real Salt Lake. It was another really fun atmosphere, even if I froze my ass off.
packgrad
Oldsouljer
packgrad said:

Saw that. "From the mouths of babes"..........

Here's another good post with respect to the nation's foremost mask pusher....

A little reminder of a time when Dems saw Fauci in the way that the rest of us perceive him now.

https://www.villagevoice.com/2020/05/28/an-open-letter-to-dr-anthony-fauci/
GuerrillaPack
How were King Fauci and Bill Gates (see "Event 201" exercise from 2019) and others able to "predict" the Rona Scamdemic??

Do they have an AI crystal ball built by Google that knows the future?

https://instagr.am/p/CPD5jRwHts3
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/CPEHyf-L3Wb
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
RunsWithWolves26
I just got a call that a man I've known 30 years passed away after 16 days in ICU from covid. Could you, for the love of god, stop calling it a scamdeminic, fake, not real, whatever the hell it is you like to say? Damn, I sure as hell hope you don't have anyone close to you suffer from this. Even then, I can't see you changing your thoughts anyway.
GuerrillaPack
RunsWithWolves26 said:

I just got a call that a man I've known 30 years passed away after 16 days in ICU from covid. Could you, for the love of god, stop calling it a scamdeminic, fake, not real, whatever the hell it is you like to say? Damn, I sure as hell hope you don't have anyone close to you suffer from this. Even then, I can't see you changing your thoughts anyway.

I'm not saying a virus doesn't exist. Tens of thousands of Americans die every year from the flu also - until this year, when they claim the flu "vanished" worldwide. What I'm saying is that deaths are being falsely attributed to this and misdiagnosed, on a massive scale.
WarrenPeace
GuerrillaPack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

I'm not saying a virus doesn't exist. Tens of thousands of Americans die every year from the flu also - until this year, when they claim the flu "vanished" worldwide. What I'm saying is that deaths are being falsely attributed to this and misdiagnosed, on a massive scale.

And you would be correct.
Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Hundreds of thousands of deaths were misdiagnosed?

With tens of thousands of doctors complicit in the fraud?
packwest
Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Hundreds of thousands of deaths were misdiagnosed?

With tens of thousands of doctors complicit in the fraud?
And along the way, we just convinced hundreds of thousands of additional people to just go spend a few nights in the hospital with oxygen and on ventilators for kicks and giggles...
Mormad
GuerrillaPack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Please, for the love of all that is Holy, give us one shred of evidence, in your vast experience with diagnosing and managing human disease, besides your opinion that this disease is misdiagnosed and falsely attributed on a massive scale. Just one tiny reliable, rational, and reasonable shred of evidence. If you can't (which you can't), then just stop. Many here have either suffered from this or have lost loved ones. And you continue to pound your chest in your paradox of complete ignorance. Those who understand the least are often the most vocal and confident in their misguided thinking.

Your opinion is a fallacy. You can't understand it, so you scream to anybody who will listen that it must be false. You keep screaming that people haven't died of covid, but of other issues falsely attributed to covid because of some stupid tweet by an ignorant person who can't interpret information and form a coherent thought. People don't die of car wrecks. They die of head injuries and other complications of car wrecks. Those complications are listed as the COD on death certificates, and yet no reasonable human interprets that as false attribution and uses such ignorant thinking to argue against seat belts. It's mind boggling that is so hard to understand for so many Americans who are looking for blame and rant about stuff they don't understand in ignorance.

We have postulated on this very thread the reasons the flu has disappeared. Your lack of understanding does not make covid false. It means you just don't get it.

We've also explained why those who die in accidents with covid still count in covid numbers (and that's a relatively small number in comparison to those who die of covid). It's called community health, and the numbers have to be tracked in a pandemic. You don't have to like how policy makers misuse that data by misunderstanding like you do, but the data itself and its purpose is not wrong.

I wish i could block your covid posts and still read your rants against liberalism and other things, buddy. Because i cheer you on in those threads and it makes me smile, but in this thread you're just wrong.
GuerrillaPack
Mormad said:

GuerrillaPack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Please, for the love of all that is Holy, give us one shred of evidence, in your vast experience with diagnosing and managing human disease, besides your opinion that this disease is misdiagnosed and falsely attributed on a massive scale. Just one tiny reliable, rational, and reasonable shred of evidence. If you can't (which you can't), then just stop. Many here have either suffered from this or have lost loved ones. And you continue to pound your chest in your paradox of complete ignorance. Those who understand the least are often the most vocal and confident in their misguided thinking.

Your opinion is a fallacy. You can't understand it, so you scream to anybody who will listen that it must be false. You keep screaming that people haven't died of covid, but of other issues falsely attributed to covid because of some stupid tweet by an ignorant person who can't interpret information and form a coherent thought. People don't die of car wrecks. They die of head injuries and other complications of car wrecks. Those complications are listed as the COD on death certificates, and yet no reasonable human interprets that as false attribution and uses such ignorant thinking to argue against seat belts. It's mind boggling that is so hard to understand for so many Americans who are looking for blame and rant about stuff they don't understand in ignorance.

We have postulated on this very thread the reasons the flu has disappeared. Your lack of understanding does not make covid false. It means you just don't get it.

We've also explained why those who die in accidents with covid still count in covid numbers (and that's a relatively small number in comparison to those who die of covid). It's called community health, and the numbers have to be tracked in a pandemic. You don't have to like how policy makers misuse that data by misunderstanding like you do, but the data itself and its purpose is not wrong.

I wish i could block your covid posts and still read your rants against liberalism and other things, buddy. Because i cheer you on in those threads and it makes me smile, but in this thread you're just wrong.

Sure, sure...I'm ignorant, I don't understand, blah blah blah. I'm not going to stop expressing my view. I'm allowed to have and express my own views on everything, just as much as you or anyone else. I've explained in detail many times with evidence how the deaths/cases are being falsely and deliberately inflated. And I don't have to repeat myself each and every time someone claims that "I haven't provided evidence".
Wayland
A little off topic, but NC's 7 day average for reported cases fell below 1000 for the first time since the beginning of June 2020.

Pos Test % was 3.3% (still hate the metric, but whatever) which is the lowest EVER reported in NC.

statefan91
< 800 hospitalized as well
Wayland
Wayland said:

A little off topic, but NC's 7 day average for reported cases fell below 1000 for the first time since the beginning of June 2020.

Pos Test % was 3.3% (still hate the metric, but whatever) which is the lowest EVER reported in NC.

Potential that tomorrow's pos % could be lower. The value which is reported Fridays (which will actually be for Wednesday 5/19, there is a 2 day delay in initial reporting) is typically the low point for the week.

EDIT: Additional context. NC is testing twice as much as the last time raw cases were this low.
BBW12OG
So anybody want to chime in on the fact this was a weapon? Just asking....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
RunsWithWolves26
BBW12OG said:

So anybody want to chime in on the fact this was a weapon? Just asking....

What was a weapon?
GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/CPHMA7vg9-G
WPNfamily
GuerrillaPack said:

https://instagr.am/p/CPHMA7vg9-G
They would have to have me removed.
RunsWithWolves26
7 day national running average now under 28,000 new cases per day. Is this due to the vaccine, warmer weather, etc or a combination? I'm gun shy at this point to get excited about it because I've seen it before and then it jumps right back up. Hoping this time is different.
WPNfamily
RunsWithWolves26 said:

7 day national running average now under 28,000 new cases per day. Is this due to the vaccine, warmer weather, etc or a combination? I'm gun shy at this point to get excited about it because I've seen it before and then it jumps right back up. Hoping this time is different.

Based on the initial research on the vaccine efficacy there is zero reason to think this is like last time. Don't take this the wrong way, but ya sound like an NC State fan! Haha
Daviewolf83
RunsWithWolves26 said:

It is due to both vaccines and some seasonality is involved as well. If you look at hospitalizations (better measure than cases), you can see the effect of vaccines more clearly. The age stratification has been effectively removed by the vaccines.

However, in the data you will also still see the effects of seasonality, since not everyone is vaccinated and as such, the virus still has places it can go and infect people. For this reason, seasonality trends will continue and I fully expect an increase in hospitalizations and some deaths in the late June to August timeframe. We saw this same trend last year and it comes from the fact that it gets very hot and people go inside to the air conditioning.

Due to vaccines, I do not expect it to be to the same level as last year. I also expect that over 90% of those who will be hospitalized at this time will be those who chose not to get vaccinated and some of those people who already have significant health issues. We will see cases increase during this period if we continue to test vaccinated people who are asymptomatic, but these types of cases will not lead to hospitalizations and will not be significant transmission vectors for the virus. As far as hospitalization capacity is concerned, I do not expect any regions to see any issues with the next seasonal rise in cases.

Bottom line - we should stop testing people who are fully vaccinated that are asymptomatic. The PCR tests being used will pick up people who are shedding viral proteins that are not infected and are not transmitting the virus. This is now what is considered to have happened with the Yankee's testing a couple of weeks ago (players not infected, but shedding virus after coming in contact with an unvaccinated, infected person) and what happened this week with a hockey team.
Wayland
Daviewolf83 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

It is due to both vaccines and some seasonality is involved as well. If you look at hospitalizations (better measure than cases), you can see the effect of vaccines more clearly. The age stratification has been effectively removed by the vaccines.

However, in the data you will also still see the effects of seasonality, since not everyone is vaccinated and as such, the virus still has places it can go and infect people. For this reason, seasonality trends will continue and I fully expect an increase in hospitalizations and some deaths in the late June to August timeframe. We saw this same trend last year and it comes from the fact that it gets very hot and people go inside to the air conditioning.

Due to vaccines, I do not expect it to be to the same level as last year. I also expect that over 90% of those who will be hospitalized at this time will be those who chose not to get vaccinated and some of those people who already have significant health issues. We will see cases increase during this period if we continue to test vaccinated people who are asymptomatic, but these types of cases will not lead to hospitalizations and will not be significant transmission vectors for the virus. As far as hospitalization capacity is concerned, I do not expect any regions to see any issues with the next seasonal rise in cases.

Bottom line - we should stop testing people who are fully vaccinated that are asymptomatic. The PCR tests being used will pick up people who are shedding viral proteins that are not infected and are not transmitting the virus. This is now what is considered to have happened with the Yankee's testing a couple of weeks ago (players not infected, but shedding virus after coming in contact with an unvaccinated, infected person) and what happened this week with a hockey team.
Can't give this one enough blue stars. Pretty much how I see things.
RunsWithWolves26
WPNfamily said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Based on the initial research on the vaccine efficacy there is zero reason to think this is like last time. Don't take this the wrong way, but ya sound like an NC State fan! Haha

I AM! HAHAHA
wolfman18
I've wondered about something, but I'm definitely no doctor. These vaccines are effective against the covid 19.

The common cold is a virus, no? It may be a stupid question, but would these vaccines create proteins that would help prevent the common cold?
GuerrillaPack
I was brainstorming this evening about how we could have more quickly ended the Scamdemic, and I've thought of a major oversight. Why haven't we been vaccinating our dogs and cats? Are the vaccines approved for pets? You may scoff...but don't you all remember the calls months ago to put masks on pets? I think it was even Emperor Fauci who told us that the Rona came from a bat. Animals are still spreading the covid right now. This needs to be addressed.
Oldsouljer
Daviewolf83 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Real time PCR is a great tool for a lot of applications but it's so incredibly sensitive, that it needs a lot of precautions in its use. Makes me wonder about the people using it in this particular case.
Mormad
https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/vinay-prasad/92652
ciscopack
GuerrillaPack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

The flu got its ass kicked last year (by soap, thin masks and social distancing)!
Oldsouljer
wolfman18 said:

I've wondered about something, but I'm definitely no doctor. These vaccines are effective against the covid 19.

The common cold is a virus, no? It may be a stupid question, but would these vaccines create proteins that would help prevent the common cold?
Good question. Colds are often caused by rhinoviruses and it's been found that of the 100 plus serotypes known, very little cross-reactive protection is gained by a vaccine targeting one of these against all of them. That, plus the fact that these viruses have relatively little lethality, make it generally uneconomical to produce such a vaccine. That's for now. Recently, it's been revealed that VP4, a highly conserved rhinovirus protein, may lead to a breakthrough against the common cold.
packgrad
Some teenagers and young adults who received COVID-19 vaccines experienced heart inflammation, a U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advisory group said, recommending further study of the rare condition.

The CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices in a statement dated May 17 said it had looked into reports that a few young vaccine recipients, predominantly adolescents and young adults, and predominantly male, developed myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/us-cdc-investigating-heart-problem-few-young-vaccine-recipients-nyt-2021-05-22/

Anecdotally and not the same, I've gone into Afib twice since the vaccine. Never before. Now, i have it in my genes as my dad and mom both get it, but they did much older. Additionally, I had contributing factors (alcohol, caffeine, and dehydration). But I've never gone into afib before, and have done so twice now since being vaccinated. Once for 4 days.
Mormad
packgrad said:

Some teenagers and young adults who received COVID-19 vaccines experienced heart inflammation, a U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advisory group said, recommending further study of the rare condition.

The CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices in a statement dated May 17 said it had looked into reports that a few young vaccine recipients, predominantly adolescents and young adults, and predominantly male, developed myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/us-cdc-investigating-heart-problem-few-young-vaccine-recipients-nyt-2021-05-22/

Anecdotally and not the same, I've gone into Afib twice since the vaccine. Never before. Now, i have it in my genes as my dad and mom both get it, but they did much older. Additionally, I had contributing factors (alcohol, caffeine, and dehydration). But I've never gone into afib before, and have done so twice now since being vaccinated. Once for 4 days.

Ruh roh raggy. Have you gotten checked out by a cardiologist yet?
packgrad
Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Ruh roh raggy. Have you gotten checked out by a cardiologist yet?

Next week. On blood thinners in the meantime. Hope that's not long term.
Oldsouljer
I worry about this a little myself. Have some reason to believe I had Covid in Jan 2020 before it became a big deal to the public. Basically an overnight episode of chills and muscle shakes, followed by a month of coughing. Maybe not, but it didn't feel like a cold and not exactly like the flu. Usually a gym rat, I spent a sedentary year with all the closures. Then I get my shots in the last 60 days. Now starting to lay on the heavy weight work and cardio again, but occasionally, I feel a fluttering in my chest. Birthday number 60 on the horizon.
First Page Last Page
Page 281 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.