Coronavirus

1,980,381 Views | 19755 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Werewolf
FlossyDFlynt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
statefan91 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

dogplasma said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

I am going to be so mad if Walgreens makes me reschedule my shot
A coworker had his appointments canceled twice in one week. Finally got a shot through a company sponsored clinic.
And Walgreens decided to cancel it at 1am after sending me a confirmation email at 3pm yesterday. Really glad I moved all my meetings this afternoon after getting confirmation.

Back to scavenging around for an appointment
I'm not sure where you are located, but Charlotte area has TONS of appointments available.

Im in Raleigh, cant really drive more than 45 minutes on a week day to get one. I "think" I was able to schedule one for the PNC mass vaccination on Friday, but havent received a confirmation yet.

Itll get done, I am just annoyed at the moment
Mormad
PackMom said:

Mormad said:

These weren't any old blood clots. Appears they were all cerebral venous sinus thrombosis in women 18-48. That ain't no joke. Oral contraceptives increase this risk, so i suspect that played a role. Pause is likely the right thing to do to figure it out as there's no way to guarantee it'll take 7M more shots to clot off the next 6.
Are men less susceptible to this type of blood clot in general? What do you think the chances are that they would decide to go ahead and allow men to get the J&J shot? Are they likely to say women using oral contraceptives should choose a different vaccine?

Yep, women are more susceptible. Anything that induces a hypercoagulable state increases the risk... OCPs, cancer, trauma, etc

I think in hindsight it'll be realized that certain subsets of peeps should avoid J and J but otherwise it'll be deemed safe for the masses. However, i think a pause is safest until that info is better understood.
PackMom
Thanks. That makes sense.
Wayland
FlossyDFlynt
Mormad said:

PackMom said:

Mormad said:

These weren't any old blood clots. Appears they were all cerebral venous sinus thrombosis in women 18-48. That ain't no joke. Oral contraceptives increase this risk, so i suspect that played a role. Pause is likely the right thing to do to figure it out as there's no way to guarantee it'll take 7M more shots to clot off the next 6.
Are men less susceptible to this type of blood clot in general? What do you think the chances are that they would decide to go ahead and allow men to get the J&J shot? Are they likely to say women using oral contraceptives should choose a different vaccine?

Yep, women are more susceptible. Anything that induces a hypercoagulable state increases the risk... OCPs, cancer, trauma, etc

I think in hindsight it'll be realized that certain subsets of peeps should avoid J and J but otherwise it'll be deemed safe for the masses. However, i think a pause is safest until that info is better understood.
I do appreciate your insight. I am still annoyed by the decision, but not just because it was paused, but more of the fact I waited despite having paperwork that declared me an essential worker (which is stupid, but thats another conversation for another day). I understand the pause, more just irritated by it.

I did get the confirmation from Wake county about getting it at PNC on Friday. Guess its team Pfizer now
statefan91
Davie - thanks for recommending to follow Dr. Gandhi, she's been a good person to see pop up on my timeline.

PackBacker07
This seems very, very good:

Get the shot, people.
Y'all means ALL.
RunsWithWolves26
That's very positive. I started huydrating up yesterday in preparation for my second Pfizer shot on Saturday. I'm ready to be in that group that is FULLY VACCINATED!
ncsualum05
PackBacker07 said:

This seems very, very good:

Get the shot, people.
Great stuff. Essentially turns it into a seasonal cold which is what the goal really should be.
WolfQuacker
statefan91 said:

Davie - thanks for recommending to follow Dr. Gandhi, she's been a good person to see pop up on my timeline.

Wow, this makes me feel good. I'm fist shot in (Moderna) and previously infected. This is saying I'm possibly better protected now than uninfected patients that have had both doses. Interesting. Seems they were possibly looking at saving doses for those who haven't been previously infected to speed the rollout of the vaccine with the theory that Inftected+1 dose uninfected + 2 doses.
FlossyDFlynt
Got my first dose at PNC today. It did take a while, but considering the number of people they are doing, I was impressed with the efficiency. Already scheduled the second dose. Ready to be done with this mess
Daviewolf83
FlossyDFlynt said:

Got my first dose at PNC today. It did take a while, but considering the number of people they are doing, I was impressed with the efficiency. Already scheduled the second dose. Ready to be done with this mess
My wife got both of her Pfizer doses at the PNC arena and she was very impressed with the setup and how efficiently it was being run. It was also pretty cool that the nurse who administered her second dose was a former classmate of my daughter's in high school and the nurse's dad was one of my son's former travel team/middle school/high school lacrosse coaches.
statefan91
How is your daughter? Is she fully vaccinated yet? I believe you've mentioned she has some health challenges so hopefully she's able to get it and be protected.
johntom
FlossyDFlynt said:

Also got my first dose at PNC this morning. No issues for me yet outside of my left arm being a bit sore. The shot itself was maybe the quickest, most painless shot I've ever had. The entire process probably took 30 minutes from driving in until my 15 minute wait period after the shot was over. For anyone on the fence about going, I would highly recommend the mass vaccination site at PNC.

I just can't wait for this mess to just be over. I got Covid in January so I've been pretty cavalier since then assuming I had 3-9 months of natural immunity. Once I get through with this though I'm not going to socially distance at all. I'll still wear my mask in public until the rule changes, but I'm getting the shots to get back to normal and I plan on doing so once I'm fully vaccinated.
TheStorm
Less and less people in stores wearing masks now down here (I'm still wearing mine)... or at least the stores that aren't saying anything if someone comes in without one... Lowes is probably only running 50% down here now.

Strangest site a saw there was a young military wife (late 20's) with two young boys around 5-6 years old... both boys wearing masks but none for her (you would think it would be the reverse).
wilmwolf
Second shot of pfizer in the books for me. Was going to reward myself with some ice cream on my way home, but the DQ is closed, which is typical for my life. Well see how it goes for the next day or so.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Daviewolf83
statefan91 said:

How is your daughter? Is she fully vaccinated yet? I believe you've mentioned she has some health challenges so hopefully she's able to get it and be protected.
She is eligible for her second dose late this coming week. She drove to Fayetteville to get her first dose, since she could not find a dose in Raleigh a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully she can get her second dose in Raleigh this week. She is getting Moderna and she has to find a place offering second doses or first/second doses. I think they are more plentiful in the Raleigh area now. A few weeks ago it was extremely tough to find open slots, but in the Fayetteville area and an hour or more west of Raleigh you could find lots of doses.
PackMom
Good luck to her. Hope she won't have to drive back to Fayetteville again.
Mormad
https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/new-data-on-covid-19-transmission-by-vaccinated-individuals.html?fbclid=IwAR1Gsl_PKrgEypJFgP2GdBQvK4S4_AT0hxplrkGbTYeHZOJgNb0PmKoR68s
RunsWithWolves26
Well today is the day. Second shot of Pfizer. A little nervous to be honest but so ready to have it over with. Hoping for minimum side affects but regardless, I've got my powerade and recliner ready.
ncsualum05
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Well today is the day. Second shot of Pfizer. A little nervous to be honest but so ready to have it over with. Hoping for minimum side affects but regardless, I've got my powerade and recliner ready.

Good luck! Might be nothing happens! Who knows. Gatorade and water definitely help.
wilmwolf
wilmwolf80 said:

Second shot of pfizer in the books for me. Was going to reward myself with some ice cream on my way home, but the DQ is closed, which is typical for my life. Well see how it goes for the next day or so.

So far so good. Didn't sleep worth a crap last night, which is the same as the first dose, and probably mental. Did have the chills some in the wee hours, and I believe I have a low fever currently, but not enough for me to dig out the thermometer. Have a *****ing headache, but between the lack of sleep and allergy season, I can't put that on the shot.
Mormad
You're gonna be just fine
dogplasma
35% of NC with at least one shot and a steady trend upward. Great job, people! I wonder at what percentage we will top out.
RunsWithWolves26
Got the second Pfizer shot at 1 today. Feel a little tired right now and possibly a minor fever but nothing major. Arm isn't sore yet. Guess we will see what the next 30 hours hold. Regardless, it sure felt good seeing that sticker say 2nd dose on my vaccination card.
wilmwolf
wilmwolf80 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

So far so good. Didn't sleep worth a crap last night, which is the same as the first dose, and probably mental. Did have the chills some in the wee hours, and I believe I have a low fever currently, but not enough for me to dig out the thermometer. Have a *****ing headache, but between the lack of sleep and allergy season, I can't put that on the shot.

Napped on the couch some before the baseball game, and felt sluggish all day, but good enough to have a couple of bourbons tonight, so I'm ok.
RunsWithWolves26
Little update. Basically 18 hours removed from the second Pfizer shot. Not really sure when the side affects start kicking in for people but as of now, I have an extremely sore arm and that is it. Hoping it stays that way and I have no other side affects.

ETA:. Without really my side affects, I'm beginning to wonder if they just shot me up with water this time around. So far, I had more side affects with the first shot.
PackMom
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Little update. Basically 18 hours removed from the second Pfizer shot. Not really sure when the side affects start kicking in for people but as of now, I have an extremely sore arm and that is it. Hoping it stays that way and I have no other side affects.

ETA:. Without really my side affects, I'm beginning to wonder if they just shot me up with water this time around. So far, I had more side affects with the first shot.
Glad to hear you're doing well. If it makes you feel any better, my husband and I had no more than a sore arm after ours. He gave blood recently and it showed antibodies.
WPNfamily
PackMom said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Glad to hear you're doing well. If it makes you feel any better, my husband and I had no more than a sore arm after ours. He gave blood recently and it showed antibodies.

I am curious if after having Covid and now the vax if I will show super human levels of antibodies? I current feel like a science experiment!
WPNfamily
I can not tell y'all how helpful this thread was. The information, discussions, debates, and consistency of facts was instrumental in me making decisions for my business and the welfare of my employees. I can't thank everyone enough for how beneficial this thread has been.

This thread also helped me decided to get vaccinated. I was 100% against it about 90 days ago. The information posted made that decision easier and easier every day. Thanks everyone!
RunsWithWolves26
Good to know. I ain't actually worried about the lack of side affects. I had just prepared myself to feel like crap today and I don't!
WPNfamily
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Good to know. I ain't actually worried about the lack of side affects. I had just prepared myself to feel like crap today and I don't!

That sounds like some great news to me!
RunsWithWolves26
Very good news. The only thing I did different then some of the others I know that got their second pfizer shot, is I started hydrating on Wednesday. My brother told me that in the data research they had done, this had shown that in some cases, it helped. So Wednesday, I started drinking powerade zero, 3 on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and then 2 before my shot yesterday. Probably haven't been that hydrated in years. Haha
WPNfamily
Hahaha I bet 60% of people are dehydrated and don't even know it!

Did you take any vitamins also? I think I read somewhere that zinc helps. Curious if there is proof to this?
RunsWithWolves26
I didn't. I just made sure I was hydrated really well and that was all.
First Page Last Page
Page 258 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.