Coronavirus

2,004,709 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Werewolf
Daviewolf83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Get my second Pfizer shot this Saturday. A little nervous about the side affects but oh well, just ready to have it done and over with. I'm running into people daily who won't get it no matter what. One even told me they were going to see her father in law because he was going to get the covid shot and with thousands dieing from the shot, they wanted to see him again before he got his. I just walked away at that point. No need trying to debunk that line of thinking.
It is frustrating hearing people spreading the idea that thousands have died from the vaccine. It is an absolute lie and the people spreading the lie should be ashamed. The shot was so easy to get and while I was at the vaccination site on Saturday (a large mass site), I saw exactly ZERO people who were requiring any extra attention, due to any kind of reaction to the vaccine. Reactions to the vaccines are extremely rare and deaths are non-existent. The anti-vax community are a special brand of people and they are doing society a tremendous disservice.
RunsWithWolves26
Agreed but in this person's defense, I've seen dead crickets with a higher IQ then this person had so I just walked away. Ron White said you can't fix stupid so I wasn't going to try!
Daviewolf83
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Agreed but in this person's defense, I've seen dead crickets with a higher IQ then this person had so I just walked away. Ron White said you can't fix stupid so I wasn't going to try!
I fully understand. I have actually dealt with a couple recently of the same mindset. It is frustrating and it is not worth the effort because their minds are made up. Unfortunately, they are the people who are going to get infected and in turn, give people reason to not return to more normal conditions.
ncsualum05
Just got Pfizer 2 a few minutes ago. Sitting in waiting area now. Hoping for minimal side affects. I will come on here and ***** in detail about my experience, haha.
FlossyDFlynt
Daviewolf83 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Got my J&J shot scheduled for Wednesday. Ready to have this done
Hopefully, your shot goes as well as mine and you have minimal side-effects. Other than my arm being a little sore at the point where I got the J&J vaccine injection and feeling a little tired yesterday and last night, it was fine. No headache, chills, or significant fever. I told my wife that I hope it really worked, since my side-effects were so minimal. My side-effects were basically the same as her first injection of the Pfizer vaccine.
I will say I am a little concerned, mainly because Ive had the flu shot knock me on my ass before, but people have had issues with all three, so Id rather just get one and be done with it. If that means I have a rough 24-48 hours, so be it
PackPA2015
Study of 6 individuals whom had been previously infected with COVID-19. All 6 had higher antibodies after full vaccination and antibodies had a "neutralizing" response against all variants tested. More reason to get vaccinated even after having COVID.

Small Study on Vaccines after Infection
RunsWithWolves26
Just got an email from Starmed that their sheridon location in charlotte is taking any and all that want the Pfizer shot today and tomorrow. No waiting. 15 minute shot time
statefan91
PackPA2015 said:

Study of 6 individuals whom had been previously infected with COVID-19. All 6 had higher antibodies after full vaccination and antibodies had a "neutralizing" response against all variants tested. More reason to get vaccinated even after having COVID.

I'm happy to be in this group, at this point I've had/recovered from COVID + 2 Moderna shots. I feel like I should be pretty damn well protected from anything variant wise.
WolfQuacker
statefan91 said:

PackPA2015 said:

I'm happy to be in this group, at this point I've had/recovered from COVID + 2 Moderna shots. I feel like I should be pretty damn well protected from anything variant wise.
On my way to being in the same boat. First shot last week, had COVID last year. My wife and I both had Covid March of 2020 and she just tested positive for antibodies last week. Not sure what variants they tested, but one year plus later, still present.
FlossyDFlynt
Also, to follow up on my earlier posts - Walgreens had a TON of appointments when I looked this morning for all three vaccines in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area. So if you need a shot, there is plenty of availability through Walgreens
ncsualum05
ncsualum05 said:

Just got Pfizer 2 a few minutes ago. Sitting in waiting area now. Hoping for minimal side affects. I will come on here and ***** in detail about my experience, haha.
Captains log 9:45 pm. Almost 10 hrs after 2nd shot. No soreness and no side affects yet. Took care of wife tonight who didn't feel well and got all three children to bed. Cleanup and laundry and work. Just stopped a short time ago. Worried this is calm before the storm. Or I'm an alien. I figured I'd take Advil before bed just in case. Good night.
PackPA2015
A good buddy of mine got his J&J shot yesterday. He's not anti-vax by any means, but also didn't really feel compelled to get the COVID shot. I kept encouraging him to do it, so he finally decided to get it. He felt fine all day yesterday. I woke up to a text this morning saying, "remind me to never listen to you again".
RunsWithWolves26
J&J is in a bind right now. Reports the US is considering halting it for now. They have been a trian wreak for a while. Didn't get the amount of doses out they said they would and now all these issues with the vaccine itself.
ncsualum05
ncsualum05 said:

ncsualum05 said:

Captains log 9:45 pm. Almost 10 hrs after 2nd shot. No soreness and no side affects yet. Took care of wife tonight who didn't feel well and got all three children to bed. Cleanup and laundry and work. Just stopped a short time ago. Worried this is calm before the storm. Or I'm an alien. I figured I'd take Advil before bed just in case. Good night.
Captains log 8:25 am. I was up a lot in the night helping my wife with her symptoms. She also got shot #2 yesterday morning so I pulled double duty last night and this morning. Wife got Moderna though and I got Pfizer. She had chills, fever, and aches. Shes' still in bed and has been since 5 yesterday for the most part. I am still feeling no side effects other than tired but that's b/c I was up in the middle of the night taking care of her.

I'll be 24 hrs in at 12 today. I'm assuming I'm not going to be getting any side effects since I haven't by now. So health care experts a question... what does it mean when you have no side effects from either shot? I only have minor arm soreness... like barely. Is it just luck or is there some science with that on how my body would've handled the virus and or vaccine?
PackBacker07
Y'all means ALL.
wolfman18
FlossyDFlynt
wolfman18 said:

So, I have been reading up on this since I am supposed to get this tomorrow. So far, blood clots have shown in 6 woman who received this vaccine out of almost 7 million doses. I am not a doctor, but it seems kind of insane to stop giving doses based on 6 people out of 7 million cases
wolfman18
I agree with your take. I was posting for discussion.
packgrad
PackBacker07 said:

More vaccine passport lunacy from the left.
Daviewolf83
ncsualum05 said:

ncsualum05 said:

ncsualum05 said:

Captains log 8:25 am. I was up a lot in the night helping my wife with her symptoms. She also got shot #2 yesterday morning so I pulled double duty last night and this morning. Wife got Moderna though and I got Pfizer. She had chills, fever, and aches. Shes' still in bed and has been since 5 yesterday for the most part. I am still feeling no side effects other than tired but that's b/c I was up in the middle of the night taking care of her.

I'll be 24 hrs in at 12 today. I'm assuming I'm not going to be getting any side effects since I haven't by now. So health care experts a question... what does it mean when you have no side effects from either shot? I only have minor arm soreness... like barely. Is it just luck or is there some science with that on how my body would've handled the virus and or vaccine?
Your symptoms are the same as mine, after I got the J&J vaccine on Saturday afternoon. Other than a slightly sore arm (I actually slept on that side the night after the shot) and being a little tired the next day, I had no other symptoms. It is very strange that some of us handled the vaccine in this way and others had much more severe symptoms. I actually react more to a tetanus shot than I did with this vaccine dose.

I did see a post on Twitter last night asking your same question and a doctor responded with basically "We do not know why some react more than others", but he went on to say that in all cases, the bodies immune response for those with minimal symptoms should be the same. I did post something the other day saying that women can have a much stronger reaction to the shots than men, due to differences in how their immune system works.
TheStorm
packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

More vaccine passport lunacy from the left.
Yeah, that's bull**** (even though I'm getting vaccinated)
statefan91
FlossyDFlynt said:

wolfman18 said:

So, I have been reading up on this since I am supposed to get this tomorrow. So far, blood clots have shown in 6 woman who received this vaccine out of almost 7 million doses. I am not a doctor, but it seems kind of insane to stop giving doses based on 6 people out of 7 million cases
Seems EXTREMELY short sighted to pause the vaccine based on 0.0001%. The vaccine hesitancy that already exists is just going to be exacerbated.
Daviewolf83
wolfman18 said:

You can not make this up. This morning, I was watching the local news and they were reporting on Cape Fear Valley health and how they would be having a "no appointment" required clinic to distribute the J&J vaccine. They were using the J&J vaccine to reach people who do not want to go through the two shot protocol required for Moderna and Pfizer.

The very next story - the CDC is recommending suspending use of the J&J vaccine. So much for the previous report they had just run.
Sierrawolf
FlossyDFlynt said:

wolfman18 said:

My friend's mom(otherwise healthy/late 50s) had a stroke and ended up passing away the day after her J&J vaccine. Scary stuff.
dogplasma
6 out of 6 million is less than the odds of a severe allergic reaction, which is already a recognized risk, but I guess a blood clot may be more serious in that that it's a delayed response and you don't just get the epi pen for a blood clot.

Don't know what the threshold for a pause should necessarily be, but I imagine the pause will let them review possible preexisting conditions in the affected women and maybe update the pre-shot literature. Maybe not a good PR look but it's hard for me to fault them.

At first I wondered if my vaccine timing last Thursday was bad or good, but I think it was good. I'm not really worried about the potential bad effects (knocks on wood) and I'm in a position where I really didn't want to deal with a second shot.
statefan91

Hopefully minimal impact to shots in arms, though it's obviously different since J&J was just 1 and done, now these people getting Moderna / Pfizer instead will need a second.
FlossyDFlynt
I am going to be so mad if Walgreens makes me reschedule my shot
statefan91
FlossyDFlynt said:

dogplasma
FlossyDFlynt said:

A coworker had his appointments canceled twice in one week. Finally got a shot through a company sponsored clinic.
FlossyDFlynt
dogplasma said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

A coworker had his appointments canceled twice in one week. Finally got a shot through a company sponsored clinic.
And Walgreens decided to cancel it at 1am after sending me a confirmation email at 3pm yesterday. Really glad I moved all my meetings this afternoon after getting confirmation.

Back to scavenging around for an appointment
Mormad
These weren't any old blood clots. Appears they were all cerebral venous sinus thrombosis in women 18-48. That ain't no joke. Oral contraceptives increase this risk, so i suspect that played a role. Pause is likely the right thing to do to figure it out as there's no way to guarantee it'll take 7M more shots to clot off the next 6.
PackMom
Mormad said:

These weren't any old blood clots. Appears they were all cerebral venous sinus thrombosis in women 18-48. That ain't no joke. Oral contraceptives increase this risk, so i suspect that played a role. Pause is likely the right thing to do to figure it out as there's no way to guarantee it'll take 7M more shots to clot off the next 6.
Are men less susceptible to this type of blood clot in general? What do you think the chances are that they would decide to go ahead and allow men to get the J&J shot? Are they likely to say women using oral contraceptives should choose a different vaccine?
packgrad
My female neighbor recently had the J&J vaccine. She's a bit of a drunk nutcase as it is. Now that she heard about J&J she's in full meltdown. It doesn't help that her husband is against the vaccine. He knows we've had it and isn't against people getting it. He just doesn't want it. I'm glad we will be out of town the next couple of weekends so as not to deal with the drama.

Having said that, the J&J issue further illustrate the lunacy of vaccine passports. People can have legitimate concerns about the safety of the vaccines. The passports aren't about safety. They're about control, and sticking it to the dissidents.
statefan91
FlossyDFlynt said:

dogplasma said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

And Walgreens decided to cancel it at 1am after sending me a confirmation email at 3pm yesterday. Really glad I moved all my meetings this afternoon after getting confirmation.

Back to scavenging around for an appointment
I'm not sure where you are located, but Charlotte area has TONS of appointments available.

PackPA2015
Mormad said:

What about holding the vaccine for women of child-bearing age until further investigation is done instead of pausing it for everyone? Do you think this is a 'safe enough' approach or do you think the pause is more appropriate?
First Page Last Page
Page 257 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.