Coronavirus

2,001,481 Views | 19843 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Werewolf
WPNfamily
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had my J&J at 9:30 this morning. Feel good, a little loopy but that could be my blood sugar from 15 wings and 4 sweet teas at lunch!

Probably gonna go home and watch golf for the rest of the day.
Civilized
WPNfamily said:

Had my J&J at 9:30 this morning. Feel good, a little loopy but that could be my blood sugar from 15 wings and 4 sweet teas at lunch!

Holy Mary, four sweet teas!?!

You're not feeling the Rona shot, that's just your Beetus flaring again.
Daviewolf83
WPNfamily said:

I do love sweet tea, but four glasses. Wow!! Enjoy the golf - I plan to watch a little bit of it today as well.
RunsWithWolves26
According to the reports, I will have 90% efficacy on Sunday(15 days out from first shot). So ready for next Saturday to get my second shot of Pfizer.
Cthepack
Got my second shot of Pfizer today. I asked for the one that will not make me feel bad. So far so good!
WPNfamily
Civilized said:

WPNfamily said:

Holy Mary, four sweet teas!?!

You're not feeling the Rona shot, that's just your Beetus flaring again.

That beetus gonna get me not da Rona!

Felling great. It was the tea!
Daviewolf83
Here are the latest vaccination updates for the US and NC (Data Source: Bloomberg Vaccination Tracker):

US Vaccinations:
Total Vaccination Doses Available: 229,500,940
Total Vaccination Dose Administered: 174,879,716 <== 33.7% of population have received 1st dose
Percentage of Available Doses Administered: 76.2%

NC Vaccinations:
Total Vaccination Doses Available: 7,171,111
Total Vaccination Dose Administered: 5,292,280 <== 32.0% of population have received 1st dose
Percentage of Available Doses Administered: 73.8%

Below are the graphs showing how we are doing in reaching the 200M doses in the first 100 days of the Biden administration. The good news is the US is definitely on track to meet the goal, but NC has actually fallen behind in the goal to meet the target of 6.4M doses in the first 100 days of the administration (200M doses translates to 6.4M doses for NC). At this point, it appears NC will likely come up short in reaching the goal.

I have also included a graph that shows the percentage vaccinated (partial and full vaccination) for the key age groups.

US Vaccination 200M Doses Target (Data Source: Bloomberg Data Tracker):

NC Vaccination 6.4M Doses Target (Data Source: Bloomberg Data Tracker):

NC Vaccinations by Age Group (Data Source: NCDHHS)

ncsupack1
Cthepack said:

Got my second shot of Pfizer today. I asked for the one that will not make me feel bad. So far so good!

Got my second one yesterday, and so far I feel fine.
statefan91
Wayland
Had J&J yesterday afternoon. Was fine until this afternoon, when I started running a fever. Temp been creeping up this evening.
Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

Had J&J yesterday afternoon. Was fine until this afternoon, when I started running a fever. Temp been creeping up this evening.
I hope your symptoms do not last too long. As I said, my son's lasted about 12 hours. I am already planning to lay on the couch and watch the Masters on Sunday, since I get my shot tomorrow at 3pm.
Civilized
Wayland said:

Hang in there brother, temporary problem. Hydrate and Tylenol.

You'll be right as rain by morning.
Civilized
Daviewolf83 said:

Wayland said:

I hope your symptoms do not last too long. As I said, my son's lasted about 12 hours. I am already planning to lay on the couch and watch the Masters on Sunday, since I get my shot tomorrow at 3pm.

Good luck Davie!
packgrad
Daviewolf83 said:

Wayland said:

Man, you couldn't have timed that better. Symptoms or not, you have an excuse. Best of luck for a non crappy feeling Masters final round viewing.
Civilized
Only better timing I've heard is buddy who did a vasectomy about 9 AM on opening day of NCAA tourney.

If you're going to spend a couple of days on the couch you gotta time it up!
AlleyPack
Had my second Moderna yesterday morning.
No real issues yesterday other than being tired, but with allergies being so awful right now, who knows what was causing the lethargy.
No sore arm at all yesterday.

However, I slept terrible last night -- kept waking up every 30 minutes or so.
And now this morning my arm is sore and I generally feel like my head is in a fog.

I'm pretty much at exactly the 24 hour mark right now, so I'm hoping there will be some gradual improvement throughout the day.

This isn't overly BAD, all things considered, but of course I would prefer to feel normal...
statefan91
2 days out from Moderna #2 and I feel fine now. Only symptoms was a headache and general tiredness.
dwanna
Got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. Woke up about 3 this morning with fever, chills, aching. Temperature has been as high as 101.5, so I'm hoping I feel better tomorrow. Didn't have any effects from 1st dose.
statefan91
packgrad
Daviewolf83
As I mentioned previously, I got the J&J vaccine on Saturday at 3pm, after attending my son's practice/scrimmage. What a beautiful day for football. The band, cheerleaders, and dance team were allowed to attend and they were allowed to be in the stands instead of on the grassy hill like last season. They also let some students attend, but no one from the general public. Except for everyone wearing a mask, it seemed a lot more normal than last season.

Winston-Salem was conducting a "no reservations required" vaccination clinic just across the street from the football stadium, in the parking lot of the coliseum. It appeared to be getting a lot of traffic and Wake Forest was providing transportation to students from campus to the clinic. My son's head coach also spent a few minutes after the practice/scrimmage talking to the entire team about the vaccination clinic and encouraging them to get vaccinated. Right now, my son's school is not requiring students to be vaccinated for the Fall (like Duke and some other schools), but I would not be surprised if they did at some point.

After attending the practice and grabbing some lunch, I headed to Hanes Mall, where I was registered for the Novant vaccination clinic. It was so well organized and I was in and out in exactly 25 minutes. They had a station where they completed your registration and asked some general health screening questions. After the first table, I moved immediately to a second table where they filled in my vaccination card and went over the vaccine effectiveness and asked some other health questions. At this point, I got the shot and then they directed me to some chairs where I sat for 15 minutes. I will add that while I was there, I did not observe anyone who appeared to be having issues with the vaccine.

Today (almost 19 hours after getting the shot), I feel pretty good. No headache, no chills, and only a very slight elevation in temperature. I am just a little tired, but this is it. I took a couple of Tylenol before I went to bed and a couple this morning to try and stay ahead of any fever and have been drinking lots of water and orange juice. Hopefully, I am not one of the people whose reaction hits more than 24 hours after receiving the shot. My in-laws got the J&J vaccine on Friday morning and more than 24 hours later, they had no major issues.

As I have done repeatedly, I would encourage everyone to get the vaccine. You should not worry about which one you get, since they are all safe and effective. Every report I have heard from other friends and family members has indicated how well organized these vaccination sites are and I am so appreciative of the work that has gone into setting them up.
Civilized
Awesome news Davie, congrats man!
WPNfamily
I have had almost zero side effects since 10am Friday. I had a little bit of fatigue yesterday but that's it. My wife got here yesterday at 1:45. By 8pm she was running a 101.5 temp and feeling bad. Last night and this morning she had chills and fever still. I just played 18 and drank like normal and all is well. My wife feeling better and said she managed to vacuum the screen porch and has been laying out by the pool for an hour. Crazy how my fat ass has had no issues compared to my fit wife having all kinds of symptoms with Covid and with the vax. Crazy.
dwanna
WPNfamily said:

I have had almost zero side effects since 10am Friday. I had a little bit of fatigue yesterday but that's it. My wife got here yesterday at 1:45. By 8pm she was running a 101.5 temp and feeling bad. Last night and this morning she had chills and fever still. I just played 18 and drank like normal and all is well. My wife feeling better and said she managed to vacuum the screen porch and has been laying out by the pool for an hour. Crazy how my fat ass has had no issues compared to my fit wife having all kinds of symptoms with Covid and with the vax. Crazy.

Yeah, my wife had pretty much zero issues from either dose, but that 2nd one had me on my ass yesterday. Seems to be no rhyme or reason for who gets those side effects.
Daviewolf83
WPNfamily said:

Apparently, women can have more adverse effects from vaccination than men. I was telling my wife this today and she agreed. I found the information posted by Dr. Monica Gandhi on this topic to be helpful in explaining why this happens.

packgrad
Wonder when the epidemiologists come out and say they were wrong about Texas. They were so proud to pile on before. It's been a month. How long is enough time to determine that they were wrong? Science!
WPNfamily
Daviewolf83 said:

WPNfamily said:

Apparently, women can have more adverse effects from vaccination than men. I was telling my wife this today and she agreed. I found the information posted by Dr. Monica Gandhi on this topic to be helpful in explaining why this happens.

Wow that was a fascinating read. I hope they figure out the why.
PackBacker07
Y'all means ALL.
Daviewolf83
PackBacker07 said:

Just looking at NC, I think we have a ways to go to hit this target. Currently for NC, a total of 32.6% of adults have received one dose of a vaccine. Just so you are aware, NC has approximately 8,200,500 people aged 18+ and of these, a total of 2,678,333 adults have been partially vaccinated. Since this data was last updated by NCDHHS on 4/8, it is likely the actual number is higher. NCDHHS should provide a new update on the numbers tomorrow.

Bloomberg is reporting 33.6% have received a first dose of a vaccine. By the end of the week, NC might be close to 40%, but I do not see how the 50% number is hit unless there is some significant jump in vaccinations. Below is a chart showing the percentage of the population in NC vaccinated by age group, based on the reporting by NCDHHS on 4/8.

For the overall US population, Bloomberg reports that 35.9% of the population has received at least one dose. So, the US needs to vaccinate another 14% of the population this week to achieve 50% of adults getting at least one dose.
FlossyDFlynt
Got my J&J shot scheduled for Wednesday. Ready to have this done
RunsWithWolves26
Get my second Pfizer shot this Saturday. A little nervous about the side affects but oh well, just ready to have it done and over with. I'm running into people daily who won't get it no matter what. One even told me they were going to see her father in law because he was going to get the covid shot and with thousands dieing from the shot, they wanted to see him again before he got his. I just walked away at that point. No need trying to debunk that line of thinking.
PackBacker07
Agree. It really is unbelievable. I'm getting my second dose of the Pfizer MiCrOcHiP Thursday.
Y'all means ALL.
dwanna
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Get my second Pfizer shot this Saturday. A little nervous about the side affects but oh well, just ready to have it done and over with. I'm running into people daily who won't get it no matter what. One even told me they were going to see her father in law because he was going to get the covid shot and with thousands dieing from the shot, they wanted to see him again before he got his. I just walked away at that point. No need trying to debunk that line of thinking.
Good luck 26! It took about 12 hours for my side effects to hit, and they lasted about 24 hours from there. Hopefully you don't have any side effects at all. But good to get it over with (at least how I felt)
RunsWithWolves26
Agreed. My second shot is at 2pm so I'm expecting them to kick in early morning Sunday but hoping they will be done by Monday. Regardless, I've got the Tylenol, powerade and recliner ready.
Daviewolf83
FlossyDFlynt said:

Got my J&J shot scheduled for Wednesday. Ready to have this done
Hopefully, your shot goes as well as mine and you have minimal side-effects. Other than my arm being a little sore at the point where I got the J&J vaccine injection and feeling a little tired yesterday and last night, it was fine. No headache, chills, or significant fever. I told my wife that I hope it really worked, since my side-effects were so minimal. My side-effects were basically the same as her first injection of the Pfizer vaccine.
First Page Last Page
Page 256 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.