Coronavirus

2,001,242 Views | 19843 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Werewolf
GoPack2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
statefan91 said:

Not sure I understand the travel ban when the virus is quickly spreading within the country already

I don't think it's going to make much of a difference. It didn't make a difference with China. And excluding the UK makes no sense.

It's already here and spreading here, now. It may have some minor impact but we have to deal with what's already here now.

But it should at least signal to pg that this is serious.
packgrad
Lol!
NatePait94
statefan91 said:

Not sure I understand the travel ban when the virus is quickly spreading within the country already

To prevent people from coming in the are infected. DUH you freaking thick headed.... lovable flower
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
packgrad
statefan91 said:

GoPack2008
Rudy Gobert tested positive.

NBA season suspended.
GoPack2008
NatePait94 said:

statefan91 said:

To prevent people from coming in the are infected. DUH you freaking thick headed.... lovable flower

UK has the same burden as other countries. Why aren't they banned?

Also, the virus is already here.

These won't move the needle significantly. We need testing and this administration is failing.
NatePait94
It doesnt hurt to stem travel. Sure, it's already here, but now we dont have to worry about anymore coming from the travel banned countries. Bonus points.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
cowboypack02
GoPack2008 said:

NatePait94 said:

statefan91 said:

These won't move the needle significantly. We need testing and this administration is failing.

I'm curious... how is it the administration's fault that we don't have enough test for everyone to take one? Unless they make the test themselves then I have a bit of a hard time with that. If there is already a process in place for testing that is having to be worked through then I wouldn't blame the administration, I would blame the CDC, FDA, or whatever other three letter group that was in charge of these things
statefan91
I can't remember, who appoints the heads of the organizations you mentioned?
GoPack2008
^The administration doesn't want the numbers to be known. Trump literally said this. They also classified meetings in Coronavirus, and recalled Fauci from testifying. What do you think is going on here besides keeping Trump from looking bad?

South Korea is testing people at 10-15k per day. You're telling me we can't do that? Or we won't?

Trump barely mentioned testing in his speech today. If he were serious about this, we'd have every resource possible allocated to internal containment, starting with testing.
GoPack2008
statefan91 said:

I can't remember, who appoints the heads of the organizations you mentioned?

And who failed to adequately staff key positions in those organizations?
GoPack2008
NatePait94 said:

It doesnt hurt to stem travel. Sure, it's already here, but now we dont have to worry about anymore coming from the travel banned countries. Bonus points.

Except from England. Which isn't banned and has cases.

That's like giving a guy an A for getting one question right.
NatePait94
GoPack2008 said:

NatePait94 said:

Yes. We didnt halt travel with UK. I dont know why or why not, but still my opinion remains the same. One shut down is better than none. Hell, lock down the borders entirely, call in the guard, isolate the pockets, restrict movements.

I'm not trying to catch this **** my dude and I sure as hell ain't trying to give it to my family and all of their underlying conditions. Its 1200 cases now, do whatever is absolutely necessary to keep it at that. WHATEVER IT TAKES.
GoPack2008
GoPack2008
NatePait94 said:

GoPack2008 said:

NatePait94 said:

Yes. We didnt halt travel with UK. I dont know why or why not, but still my opinion remains the same. One shut down is better than none. Hell, lock down the borders entirely, call in the guard, isolate the pockets, restrict movements.

I'm not trying to catch this **** my dude and I sure as hell ain't trying to give it to my family and all of their underlying conditions. Its 1200 cases now, do whatever is absolutely necessary to keep it at that. WHATEVER IT TAKES.

I completely agree.

I'm not saying we shouldn't do the travel ban. I'm saying that speech came nowhere near "whatever it takes."
ChetManley
cowboypack02 said:

GoPack2008 said:

NatePait94 said:

statefan91 said:

I'm curious... how is it the administration's fault that we don't have enough test for everyone to take one? Unless they make the test themselves then I have a bit of a hard time with that. If there is already a process in place for testing that is having to be worked through then I wouldn't blame the administration, I would blame the CDC, FDA, or whatever other three letter group that was in charge of these things

Trump reassigned (fired) the pandemic response team two years ago, never replaced them and then cut funding to the CDC. How is that not at the feet of this administration?

China released the makeup of the virus a month ago and other countries used it to produce tests, South Korea is testing more people per day than we have tested in total (deflating the true infected number). Instead of taking this seriously, the administration said the dozen cases would disappear in a week or so with warm weather in direct contrast with what medical professionals (including CDC officials) around the world were saying. Instead of someone with relevant experience, Trump put Mike Pence, who oversaw the largest outbreak of aids in Indiana history and thought they could pray it away, in charge.

There was no stopping this thing but we could have mitigated it, but this administration was more concerned about keeping the stock market up to get ahead of it and American citizens will pay the price.

Stay safe out there everyone .
NatePait94
Oh.... yeah I don't give a rat's ass about the speech...
GoPack2008

We can actually save lives if we all act responsibly.
jkpackfan
Can we please leave politics out of this?
GoPack2008
jkpackfan said:

Why? Because it makes you uncomfortable?

This is a dangerous disease and the response is being mismanaged, dangerously so.

You can't separate issues like testing from the politics that has made them inaccessible. Communicable disease response is driven by policy, which is driven by politics. Politics changes what we all need to do, individually, to cope with this.

This thread is also full of facts. You could just read past the political posts if you don't like them.
packgrad
jkpackfan said:

Some people haven't gotten past the election.
GoPack2008
Some of you guys are gonna look about as bad as Rudy Gobert does. Don't be like Rudy Gobert.

jkpackfan
packgrad said:

jkpackfan said:

No doubt.
ChetManley
jkpackfan said:

A direct question was asked and I responded.

Also, in general, no we can't. This bad situation has been exacerbated by an incompetent administration with their heads stuck in the sand and they need to be held accountable for it. South Korea took immediate action to mitigate the effects of this virus and it is paying dividends. This administration waited too long to respond in an attempt to prop themselves up and Americans are going to die because of it.

That's said, I'm going to do everything in my power to prevent the spread of this and encourage friends and family to do the same. I hope everyone here will take the same measures.
PackBacker07
packgrad said:

jkpackfan said:

Nothing to do with the election. This has been mismanaged, I don't give a flying f*** who sits in the Oval Office. This actually affects people's lives, not some numb nuts political taking points.
Y'all means ALL.
statefan91
It's not politics to point out the failings of the governments preparedness and response to a pandemic...
PackBacker07
packgrad
Privilege
IseWolf22
I see the number of NC cases is up to 12, but don't see any more information about where they are located other than "the triangle"
statefan91
lEt'S lEaVe PoLiTiCs OuT oF iT

packgrad
People still link to snopes? Lol.
statefan91
What news sites would you like me to reference for the firings of Ziemer and Bossert? The links at Snopes go to Washington Post and NBC News.

I can look on Foxnews or Infowars but not sure they'll have anything. Just let me know!
ChetManley
statefan91 said:

What news sites would you like me to reference for the firings of Ziemer and Bossert? The links at Snopes go to Washington Post and NBC News.

I can look on Foxnews or Infowars but not sure they'll have anything. Just let me know!

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Scientific facts and the opinions of medical professionals are fake news, didn't you know.
GoPack2008
But politics doesn't matter...

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/trump-coronavirus-speech-reaction/

"He said nothing about the critical-care crisis facing hospitals. I have found that this is a point that is not widely understood by the general public: that even if only a relatively small number of people are ultimately going to die from this virus, it stands to overwhelm our hospitals. This is why it is so very important for everybody to practice social distancing and the rest: to slow the rate of infection, and give our health care system the chance to cope. It is beyond comprehension why he didn't make this clear to listeners tonight. I've had a number of conversations these past few days with people who aren't following the story closely, and they are entirely unaware of this fact. The president blew an opportunity to explain that to the nation"

"Real leadership in this crisis is going to have to come from governors, from public health officials, and from institutional leaders. We saw tonight that even when Trump is trying to be on his best behavior, he just doesn't have much of a clue about the nature of the crisis, or how it can best be fought."
GoPack2008

This level of confusion is deadly and disastrous. And completely inexcusable.
First Page Last Page
Page 7 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.