Coronavirus

1,980,061 Views | 19754 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
GoPack2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They just abruptly cancelled the ACC tourney.

Anyone still think this is like the flu?
packgrad
I think it just shows the power of the social media mob.
wnosaj83
People still link the American conservative?
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

Your posts aren't going to age well. Reality has a funny way of winning out at the end of the day.

You really think a social media mob cancelled the ACC tourney?
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

Your posts aren't going to age well. Reality has a funny way of winning out at the end of the day.

Absolutely. ACC announced we were playing an hour before they changed their minds. Reality.
TraCha4
MLB suspended season
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

Absolutely. ACC announced we were playing an hour before they changed their minds. Reality.

You are living in fantasy.

Do you know how much money is made by the ncaa and by pro sports leagues?

Do you really think these leagues would leave that much money on the table because of social media hype?
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

Do you really think these leagues would leave that much money on the table because of social media hype?

I clearly do think it's because of the mob.

Thought you had me on ignore? Liar.
ncsualum05
GoPack2008 said:

Barring fans from being there was enough. They did not have to cancel everything. People need entertainment and some normalcy right now. Kids have worked hard all year. Now we're not going to have any sports on TV? It's ridiculous.

The economy is already melting down so let's cancel all events and stop the world from turning so that it gets worse.

Meanwhile my wife and I are still working, my kids are in school, and my life has to go on as the world burns. People are insane and stupid.
statefan91
packgrad - Interested in hearing what you would be doing, if you were in Trump's position?
RunsWithWolves26
Not that my opinion matters because this thread has obviously gone off the rails, which I was hoping wouldn't happen but I did expect. I believe the remainder of March will be tough. Cases will go up and go up fast. I do trust believe that by the time April rolls around, the number of new cases will be slowly going down and by the middle of April, they will have leveled off, as we have seen in China and elsewhere. I hope I am right about this opinion but I guess only time will tell. I agree with cancelling large gatherings. You have to be proactive here. Mass hysteria has already started but I do believe when the number of cases starts leveling off, people will resume normal life.
GoPack2008
ncsualum05 said:

GoPack2008 said:

Barring fans from being there was enough. They did not have to cancel everything. People need entertainment and some normalcy right now. Kids have worked hard all year. Now we're not going to have any sports on TV? It's ridiculous.

The economy is already melting down so let's cancel all events and stop the world from turning so that it gets worse.

Meanwhile my wife and I are still working, my kids are in school, and my life has to go on as the world burns. People are insane and stupid.
Your kids school should have been cancelled already.

https://www.spiegel.de/international/world/i-don-t-think-the-virus-can-be-stopped-anymore-a-03d404e6-762b-42fb-ac48-e4a8f03a2f2b-amp?fbclid=IwAR2u8oBdag7U3PhyuIOg6ADuVIBpTV6XIPWEiY5g5j8-azEZG3Y4oEnd-a8&__twitter_impression=true

"DER SPIEGEL: You did extensive research on the influenza pandemic between 1918 and 1920, which killed more than 650,000 people in the United States alone. What did we learn from the flu pandemic?

Lipsitch: American cities reacted quite differently then. Philadelphia didn't respond until two weeks after the first influenza case when it closed schools and canceled public events. St. Louis, on the contrary, put in interventions early on, after two days. The peak death rate in Saint Louis was only one-eighth that of Philadelphia. The study showed that if cities intervened early and implemented aggressive social distancing, the epidemic slowed down and was less deadly in general."
GoPack2008
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Not that my opinion matters because this thread has obviously gone off the rails, which I was hoping wouldn't happen but I did expect. I believe the remainder of March will be tough. Cases will go up and go up fast. I do trust believe that by the time April rolls around, the number of new cases will be slowly going down and by the middle of April, they will have leveled off, as we have seen in China and elsewhere. I hope I am right about this opinion but I guess only time will tell. I agree with cancelling large gatherings. You have to be proactive here. Mass hysteria has already started but I do believe when the number of cases starts leveling off, people will resume normal life.
Off the rails? Literally every post is about coronavirus. Do you really think we should have separate threads for "coronavirus" and "our government's handling of coronavirus?" That seems a bit disjointed and confusing. There's no conceivable way of leaving politics out of this.

I hope you're right about things improving in April. The most important point that can be made is that, for things to improve in April, things DO have to change. If we don't cancel things and change our behavior, April will not be better. April will instead look like Italy.
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

I clearly do think it's because of the mob.

Thought you had me on ignore? Liar.
But why would people leave millions of dollars on the table just because of a mob? Like doesn't that seem a bit unlikely?
RunsWithWolves26
GoPack2008 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Off the rails? Literally every post is about coronavirus. Do you really think we should have separate threads for "coronavirus" and "our government's handling of coronavirus?" That seems a bit disjointed and confusing. There's no conceivable way of leaving politics out of this.

I hope you're right about things improving in April. The most important point that can be made is that, for things to improve in April, things DO have to change. If we don't cancel things and change our behavior, April will not be better. April will instead look like Italy.

If anyone was going for respond back to what I said, it would be you and you would have to put your first paragraph in there to stay true to yourself. Again, I was hoping it wouldn't become political, ie trump sucks, Nancy sucks, Democrats are bad, republicans are bad etc. Didn't figure that would be what your first thought would be when you read my post. You just assume it's me saying don't be political because you ASSume I am a trump supporter. You've said as much already.
GoPack2008
RunsWithWolves26 said:

GoPack2008 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

If anyone was going for respond back to what I said, it would be you and you would have to put your first paragraph in there to stay true to yourself. Again, I was hoping it wouldn't become political, ie trump sucks, Nancy sucks, Democrats are bad, republicans are bad etc. Didn't figure that would be what your first thought would be when you read my post. You just assume it's me saying don't be political because you ASSume I am a trump supporter. You've said as much already.
Listen man. I'm not attacking you. And I'm allowed to question what you said, and I'm allowed to see it differently. Please stop lashing out every time I disagree with you. I'm sure we can find some common ground here.

I was asking a serious question: how can we possibly separate a discussion thread about the virus from a discussion about the policies and responses? Trump is going to come up. The CDC is going to come up. People are going to have opinions over whether the response is good or bad. I was asking a serious question about separating things into threads. Maybe we can have a thread that just "up to date facts on coronavirus" and another thread that's "broader discussion about coronavirus." But do we really need two threads? It's a serious question. What does "off the rails" actually mean? This thread seems largely on topic. I've seen a lot of off the rail threads--just check the BY at PP. THAT'S off the rails.

I don't see anyone fighting about Trump vs Nancy or democrats vs. republicans. I do see some honest, concerned questioning of Trump's handling of this. He's the president. The leader of our country. We are in a crisis. Of course he is going to get criticized for his handling of it, and also defended.

Everyone is being respectful here. Let us have our conversations.
GoPack2008
NCAA tournament cancelled.

NCAA just left $1 billion in ad revenue on the table.

This is not the result of a social media mob. These are stone cold businessmen who understand what's going on.
RunsWithWolves26
GoPack2008 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

GoPack2008 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Listen man. I'm not attacking you. And I'm allowed to question what you said, and I'm allowed to see it differently. Please stop lashing out every time I disagree with you. I'm sure we can find some common ground here.

I was asking a serious question: how can we possibly separate a discussion thread about the virus from a discussion about the policies and responses? Trump is going to come up. The CDC is going to come up. People are going to have opinions over whether the response is good or bad. I was asking a serious question about separating things into threads. Maybe we can have a thread that just "up to date facts on coronavirus" and another thread that's "broader discussion about coronavirus." But do we really need two threads? It's a serious question. What does "off the rails" actually mean? This thread seems largely on topic. I've seen a lot of off the rail threads--just check the BY at PP. THAT'S off the rails.

I don't see anyone fighting about Trump vs Nancy or democrats vs. republicans. I do see some honest, concerned questioning of Trump's handling of this. He's the president. The leader of our country. We are in a crisis. Of course he is going to get criticized for his handling of it, and also defended.

Everyone is being respectful here. Let us have our conversations.

If you think the convo here has been respectful then we obviously agree to disagree. Carry on. I won't get in the way of the back and forth between you and a couple of other posters anymore. Stay safe out there.
statefan91

Y'all are insane if you think people aren't going to avoid the doctor's office because they're scared of paying $1000+ for testing / treatment / care for this. It's time to waive all costs for testing and treatment and stomp it out.
GoPack2008
statefan91 said:

Y'all are insane if you think people aren't going to avoid the doctor's office because they're scared of paying $1000+ for testing / treatment / care for this. It's time to waive all costs for testing and treatment and stomp it out.
Waiving costs is in ALL of our interests.

To fail to do so is total insanity.
cowboypack02
statefan91 said:

I just want to clarify on this post that the administration or government can't make anything free. They can shoulder the cost and pass it on to the taxpayers, but the cost will still need to be paid
GoPack2008
^Yeah I think that's obvious to everyone with a functioning brain.

The point is that covering the cost of the test is drastically cheaper than hospitals overloaded beyond capacity. That's your ROI.
cowboypack02
GoPack2008 said:

The point is that covering the cost of the test is drastically cheaper than hospitals overloaded beyond capacity. That's your ROI.

I don't disagree with your point, I'm just pointing out the fact that it isn't free. The government can't give anything to someone without taking it from someone else first
statefan91
cowboypack02 said:

GoPack2008 said:

I don't disagree with your point, I'm just pointing out the fact that it isn't free. The government can't give anything to someone without taking it from someone else first

So where do you fall on the $1.5T of money planned to the markets and payroll tax cuts?
jkpackfan
Why are the media and dems so upset about Trump calling this a foreign virus or about some calling it the Wuhan flu? That's exactly what it is.

Listen I'm no Trump fan but I'm just sick of seeing people on TV and twitter make this about politics (I remember the right doing it when we had the swine flu outbreak) We've got to all be in this together if we're gonna get through it.

I agree his administration has royally screwed the pooch so far but we've got to pull together and hope they can get this all under control. This is more than right and left.
GoPack2008
jkpackfan said:

Why are the media and dems so upset about Trump calling this a foreign virus or about some calling it the Wuhan flu? That's exactly what it is.

Listen I'm no Trump fan but I'm just sick of seeing people on TV and twitter make this about politics (I remember the right doing it when we had the swine flu outbreak) We've got to all be in this together if we're gonna get through it.

I agree his administration has royally screwed the pooch so far but we've got to pull together and hope they can get this all under control. This is more than right and left.

Okay I think this is what RWW didn't want.

This is bringing politics in.

I don't think anyone is concerned about the things you're claiming. Ever single "dem" I know is worried about this being a disease that kills a lot of people and overloads our hospital system.

You shouldn't call it the Wuhan flu because it's not the flu. Call it the Wuhan coronavirus for all I care.

Calling it a foreign virus is idiotic and misses the point because it doesn't matter. It's already here.
jkpackfan
Lol ok chief. Stay safe out there
GoPack2008
jkpackfan said:

Lol ok chief. Stay safe out there

You too, friend.

I agree with what you're sayingwe are all in this together. I'm just responding to your comments.
cowboypack02
statefan91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

GoPack2008 said:

So where do you fall on the $1.5T of money planned to the markets and payroll tax cuts?

I'm paying into payroll taxes so it seems to me that any cut there means that I am not paying as much of my own money to the government. I'm ok with that. It's not someone else's money, it's mine. That is the difference between the government giving something to everyone that my tax dollars paid for and then me being allowed to keep more of my money that the government is taking from my by force
statefan91
Ok, so you're good with this form of socialism because it benefits you. Noted.
GoPack2008
cowboypack02 said:

statefan91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

GoPack2008 said:

I'm paying into payroll taxes so it seems to me that any cut there means that I am not paying as much of my own money to the government. I'm ok with that. It's not someone else's money, it's mine. That is the difference between the government giving something to everyone that my tax dollars paid for and then me being allowed to keep more of my money that the government is taking from my by force

We are facing the greatest public health crisis of the past century and you are nitpicking whose ****ing money the payroll tax is and who's "paying" for viral testing?

Come on man.
cowboypack02
statefan91 said:

Ok, so you're good with this form of socialism because it benefits you. Noted.

How is me keeping my money that I have earned a form of socialism?
cowboypack02
GoPack2008 said:

cowboypack02 said:

statefan91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

GoPack2008 said:

We are facing the greatest public health crisis of the past century and you are nitpicking whose ****ing money the payroll tax is and who's "paying" for viral testing?

Come on man.

#1 -. I'm just asking a question about where my tax money is going. You should all do the same.

#2 - Right now this isn't anywhere close to the greatest public health crisis in the last century.

Everyone has absolutely lost their minds
GoPack2008
^name a bigger public health crisis of the past century?

I am specifically saying the last 100 years. A century, after all.

Can you name one that has
-shut down an entire country
-has shut down all major sports
-spread rapidly throughout the world
-May kill 1-3% of who it infects
-has crashed the stock market
-May shut down Major US cities entirely

what else has done this? Can you name a single thing?
jkpackfan

Wow
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.