Coronavirus

2,009,658 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

Ivy League cancels tournament because of coronavirus. Kitties.

Smart. Why risk it when you don't need to?

I actually hope you're right, but I don't think you are. But I'd much rather be the one who's eating crow in about 3 weeks, but I fear I won't be.

I wouldn't call it smart. Using that logic all public events should be shut down.
PackMom
My husband has been notified that several events of varying sizes are being cancelled, in some cases due to travel restrictions on some of the participants (including at least one of the state universities). Another relatively small event is still on for now. They're expecting guests from Belgium, so I wonder if that will end up cancelled as well.
IseWolf22
A lot are going to end up being canceled IMO
statefan91
Of course it's smart to cancel large gatherings of thousands of people in a concentrated place until the virus is under control and the Government has the capability to test more than 75k people.
NatePait94
My wife said UNC Greensboro is making preparations to go online.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
packgrad
statefan91 said:

Of course it's smart to cancel large gatherings of thousands of people in a concentrated place until the virus is under control and the Government has the capability to test more than 75k people.

I'd suggest you not go to the grocery store too.
griff17matt
statefan91 said:

Fairly certain I saw somewhere that they were sending out 5mm testing kits to various hospitals and labs throughout the country. Might want to update your talking points.
RunsWithWolves26
statefan91 said:

Ground_Chuck said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

I wonder how many more people have actually gotten this but it wasn't very severe so they didn't even go to a doctor? At the same time, I wonder how much that would actually affect the overall numbers and percentages?
Until testing becomes more wide spread in the US, we have no idea what's happening.

Agreed - would be great if there were tests available and people didn't have to worry about their copay as a barrier to go get tested.

You can rest easy now. The treatment and co-pays are being waved now.
statefan91
RunsWithWolves26 said:

statefan91 said:

Ground_Chuck said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

I wonder how many more people have actually gotten this but it wasn't very severe so they didn't even go to a doctor? At the same time, I wonder how much that would actually affect the overall numbers and percentages?
Until testing becomes more wide spread in the US, we have no idea what's happening.

Agreed - would be great if there were tests available and people didn't have to worry about their copay as a barrier to go get tested.

It's "waived," just FYI.
statefan91
griff17matt said:

statefan91 said:

Fairly certain I saw somewhere that they were sending out 5mm testing kits to various hospitals and labs throughout the country. Might want to update your talking points.
I'm just going by what the Center for Disease Control is saying. Apologies I don't have your sources.
statefan91
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

Are there 10k people sitting elbow to elbow in a grocery store?
statefan91
packgrad
statefan91 said:

packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

Are there 10k people sitting elbow to elbow in a grocery store?

You should do a census of your local grocery store to find out how many people are in and out every day. They're touching everything in there.

Also, Harvard seats 1636 people, not 10,000. Just FYI.
statefan91
I went to the grocery store this morning and saw 5 people, 3 of them were workers?
RunsWithWolves26
statefan91 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

statefan91 said:

Ground_Chuck said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

It's "waived," just FYI.

Would expect you to respond to a misspelled word instead of the actual fact of what was posted. Again, you can rest easy. The co-pays are waived.(spelled it right this time)
packgrad
statefan91 said:

I went to the grocery store this morning and saw 5 people, 3 of them were workers?

That must be an expensive grocery store.
IseWolf22
griff17matt said:

statefan91 said:

Can you link?

Everything I've seen has said there is a large shortage and people who are not hospitalized are being denied testing
griff17matt
IseWolf22 said:

griff17matt said:

statefan91 said:

Can you link?

Everything I've seen has said there is a large shortage and people who are not hospitalized are being denied testing
Link
IseWolf22
griff17matt said:

IseWolf22 said:

griff17matt said:

statefan91 said:

Can you link?

Link
That's good news. Most of what I've read through was written Sunday/Monday. Hopefully the initial test kits have arrived by today
packgrad
griff17matt said:

IseWolf22 said:

griff17matt said:

statefan91 said:

Can you link?

Link

Thanks for the link. That was more than I had seen as well. Looks like they are on top of the testing.

I feel it is a dangerous disease, but the media is trying to get everybody freaked out about it. They talk about the death rate being higher here. 19 of the 26 deaths were from one nursing home. Any chance quality of care factored into the deaths there?

I think it's ridiculous to shut down venues and events in a country of 325+million people for 700 some cases of the virus.
statefan91

Could get real bad real quick for prisons if this starts going around.
packgrad
Ivy League teams and players petition to not cancel tournament.

https://www.change.org/p/the-ivy-league-reinstate-the-ivy-league-tournament
PackBacker07
State of Emergency issued for NC: link

"At the press conference, officials said the state has tested 44 people for the new coronavirus so far, and has enough kits to test another 300 people. By next week, they said, the state hopes to have the capacity to test another 1,500 people."
Y'all means ALL.
dwanna
PackMom said:

My husband has been notified that several events of varying sizes are being cancelled, in some cases due to travel restrictions on some of the participants (including at least one of the state universities). Another relatively small event is still on for now. They're expecting guests from Belgium, so I wonder if that will end up cancelled as well.
I work in the event industry in the triangle area, and it's definitely having an impact on events. Especially corporate events of all sizes. I'm hoping for rescheduling instead of cancellations!
statefan91
Ground_Chuck
packgrad said:

griff17matt said:

IseWolf22 said:

griff17matt said:

statefan91 said:

Can you link?

Link

Thanks for the link. That was more than I had seen as well. Looks like they are on top of the testing.

I feel it is a dangerous disease, but the media is trying to get everybody freaked out about it. They talk about the death rate being higher here. 19 of the 26 deaths were from one nursing home. Any chance quality of care factored into the deaths there?

I think it's ridiculous to shut down venues and events in a country of 325+million people for 700 some cases of the virus.
700 confirmed cases in a country with virtually no testing.

But how many people need to be infected or die before we cancel basketball games?
packgrad
Ground_Chuck said:

packgrad said:

griff17matt said:

IseWolf22 said:

griff17matt said:

statefan91 said:

Can you link?

Link

But how many people need to be infected or die before we cancel basketball games?

7 people died that weren't from a nursing home that had most of the deaths. Shut down everything!
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

I actually hope you're right, but I don't think you are. But I'd much rather be the one who's eating crow in about 3 weeks, but I fear I won't be.

I wouldn't call it smart. Using that logic all public events should be shut down.
Correct. They should.

That would be the wisest course of action.
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

Ground_Chuck said:

packgrad said:

griff17matt said:

IseWolf22 said:

griff17matt said:

statefan91 said:

Can you link?

Link

7 people died that weren't from a nursing home that had most of the deaths. Shut down everything!
Denial ain't just a river in egypt.

The issue isn't that 7 people have died. It's that, without intervention, many, many more people will get sick. And then die.

I'm not sure why you can't understand that this is actively spreading to more people.
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

Correct. They should.

That would be the wisest course of action.

Nah. If you choose your life in fear of everything, that's your choice. Living your life because of what could happen, as dictated by the media, is not how I choose to live.
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

Ground_Chuck said:

packgrad said:

griff17matt said:

IseWolf22 said:

griff17matt said:

statefan91 said:

Can you link?

Link

The issue isn't that 7 people have died. It's that, without intervention, many, many more people will get sick. And then die.

I'm not sure why you can't understand that this is actively spreading to more people.

Why suggest there isn't intervention? There has been and will continue to be. If you think hiding in your house is the best course of action, have at it.
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

Ground_Chuck said:

packgrad said:

griff17matt said:

IseWolf22 said:

griff17matt said:

statefan91 said:

Can you link?

Link

Why suggest there isn't intervention? There has been and will continue to be. If you think hiding in your house is the best course of action, have at it.
I didn't suggest that there isn't intervention. There is some intervention; there needs to be more.

And you critique my reading. LOL.
GoPack2008

We are tracking towards Italy very strongly. Things are not going well there.

Of course most of us are going to be fine. But this is still noteworthy.
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

Ground_Chuck said:

packgrad said:

griff17matt said:

IseWolf22 said:

griff17matt said:

statefan91 said:

Can you link?

Link

I didn't suggest that there isn't intervention. There is some intervention; there needs to be more.

Well, fortunately, most of our elected officials don't agree with you that shutting down all public events is the wisest course of action.
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

Ground_Chuck said:

packgrad said:

griff17matt said:

IseWolf22 said:

griff17matt said:

statefan91 said:

Can you link?

Link

Well, fortunately, most of our elected officials don't agree with you that shutting down all public events is the wisest course of action.
They can't even speak the same message coherently.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/what-taiwan-can-teach-world-fighting-coronavirus-n1153826?fbclid=IwAR1aUlIz3VG_NiWc53z_NW8Kvaa0JnA5TfaemCCBI5kIqnDClcuYB4wqPXg

This is not what we are doing.

Korea is testing 10,000+ people per day. We have yet to test 10,000.

I'm not going to convince you. But maybe some others will see this and understand.
First Page Last Page
Page 4 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.