Coronavirus

2,006,747 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsualum05 said:

Glasswolf said:

People die every day. How do we stop people dying from Covid and get back to normal life? My daughter is 28, never smoked and no health issues. She has Covid and is being admitted to the hospital. How do we stop this?
It's a great question. The answer is that we cannot. Because no matter what mandates come down and no matter what politicians or TV doctors say this virus cannot be stopped. So we can keep on grinding away at life trying to slow it down. The vaccine technology was huge and I've been a proponent for getting it. As far as I'm concerned it's about the only thing that has been done remotely right in the last 18 months.

But if we can do amazing things with technology and vaccines particularly with speed and trials than why have we not gotten a drug treatment to help ease the pain a bit for those that inevitably get sick from it? I think that is actually a better question.

Also let us not forget the true motives that decide things on a massive scale go back to money. The vaccines are great and we needed them but there was definitely some wealth created for the big dawgs at Pfizer, Moderna, and the like. So where is big pharma on treatments.... my guess is a lucrative enough deal hasn't come along yet.

Pfizer announced a therapeutic several weeks ago. In fact, Fauci was touting its possibilities in the media already!

With the therapeutics we have now that are working, the only reason for not pushing them is: well, follow the money!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
ncsualum05 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Kemp and the RINO Establishment in Georgia might as well be Democrats anyway. They were completely complicit in the blatantly rigged "election" in Georgia, stealing the two Senate seats and the state for Biden. Kemp is not a true conservative. He and that rat Sec of State Raffensberer completely outed themselves as RINO traitors, and I'm sure every Republican in the state knows this.
Abrams already runs the state unofficially but she'll have absolute power once she officially beats Kemp in 2022. Georgia is gone.

Vernon Jones will be the next governor in Georgia, I hope!

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
He will be. Abrams is being exposed for the blowhard lefty she is. Plus she's down about $300k in back taxes... Guess that's not too much for libbies who check off certain boxes... i.e. Rev Al....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Mormad
caryking said:

ncsualum05 said:

Glasswolf said:

People die every day. How do we stop people dying from Covid and get back to normal life? My daughter is 28, never smoked and no health issues. She has Covid and is being admitted to the hospital. How do we stop this?
It's a great question. The answer is that we cannot. Because no matter what mandates come down and no matter what politicians or TV doctors say this virus cannot be stopped. So we can keep on grinding away at life trying to slow it down. The vaccine technology was huge and I've been a proponent for getting it. As far as I'm concerned it's about the only thing that has been done remotely right in the last 18 months.

But if we can do amazing things with technology and vaccines particularly with speed and trials than why have we not gotten a drug treatment to help ease the pain a bit for those that inevitably get sick from it? I think that is actually a better question.

Also let us not forget the true motives that decide things on a massive scale go back to money. The vaccines are great and we needed them but there was definitely some wealth created for the big dawgs at Pfizer, Moderna, and the like. So where is big pharma on treatments.... my guess is a lucrative enough deal hasn't come along yet.

Pfizer announced a therapeutic several weeks ago. In fact, Fauci was touting its possibilities in the media already!

With the therapeutics we have now that are working, the only reason for not pushing them is: well, follow the money!!!

What therapeutics are working now exactly?
Mormad
Hospital shut down elective/non-urgent cases for the month of September across all 4 hospitals. Hospital admission doubling time is 12 days. Positivity rate is 13. Planning for a peak mid-september. Hoping to allow surgeries again oct4.
Civilized
caryking said:

ncsualum05 said:

Glasswolf said:

Why would we 'push' therapeutics when we've got multiple vaccines?

That's like having Lebron and Anthony Davis on your team but pushing for Malik Monk to be featured more in the offense.

(That analogy is for Lebron superfan packgrad)
Daviewolf83
Civilized said:

caryking said:

ncsualum05 said:

Glasswolf said:

Why would we 'push' therapeutics when we've got multiple vaccines?

That's like having Lebron and Anthony Davis on your team but pushing for Malik Monk to be featured more in the offense.

(That analogy is for Lebron superfan packgrad)
Exactly. With the vaccines we have, we do not need the therapeutics and we do not need the horse deworming pills.

It amazes me people will take questionable medicines with lower efficacy than the proven vaccines, but there's no accounting for taste.
WPNfamily
I am officially annoyed with COVID. I went on a guys trip this weekend. There were 5 of us and as of today 4 are positive with symptoms. All 5 vax'd and only I have not tested but unlike others have no symptoms. The only difference is I had COVID back in late February and early March. Break through cases in 80% of the group. Crazy! Back to hotel living because wife doesn't want me home to potentially get kids sick. COVID sucks!

jwpack
We're all of you fully vaccinated or did some have only 1 shot.
Everpack
WPNfamily said:

I am officially annoyed with COVID. I went on a guys trip this weekend. There were 5 of us and as of today 4 are positive with symptoms. All 5 vax'd and only I have not tested but unlike others have no symptoms. The only difference is I had COVID back in late February and early March. Break through cases in 80% of the group. Crazy! Back to hotel living because wife doesn't want me home to potentially get kids sick. COVID sucks!

When you say this weekend, do you mean this past weekend? As in 2-4 days ago? And 4/5 showing symptoms with positive test results?
caryking
WPNfamily said:

With the vaccines we have, we do not need the therapeutics

Davie, there's your answers...

Also, see the following.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-initiates-phase-1-study-novel-oral-antiviral

I think it's clear that they recognize weaknesses in the vaccine!

Joe Biden
Daviewolf83
caryking said:

WPNfamily said:

Also, see the following.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-initiates-phase-1-study-novel-oral-antiviral

Therapeutics are NOT a substitute for the vaccines. I also stand by my earlier comments that vaccines are more effective in preventing severe infection or death than the horse deworming medicine people are self-prescribing.
Oldsouljer
TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

ciscopack said:

mdreid said:

...as it should be. If folks had listened to science....this stuff wouldn't be in the US now (my opinion). We'd be going to concerts, restaurants, ball games, getting hair cuts without masks or some fear...in my opinion. Now it's a redo of what should be very low or gone....as I guessing in this very thread long ago. I ain't the damn flu!...different virus!!!! I remember and I said so around 350 pages back, being in my cousin's garage drinking beer and watching the news.....around Jan. 2020 and it was on Covid-19 and in the far east. Showing everyone walking around with masks on and in some places, they were hunkered down at home. I told cuz..... that stuff will be here before long and US people can't hang with that kind of discipline. Maybe I do have ESP?
We are all still aware that other countries exist? Right? And it isn't as simple as vaccination rate or "The Science"? Jan 2020 was already too late.

There are a lot of variables... more than we can count.

If anyone really thinks at this point that in January 2020 COVIDzero was still even possible... I have a bridge WITH a unicorn to sell you.

And we STILL HAVE AN OPEN BORDER WITH MEXICO (while Canada quarantines Americans), with tons of COVID POSITIVE ILLEGALS flooding our border states only to then be bussed to other states and dropped off randomly by his god. But he never seems to have a problem with that?

Why isn't DNS automatically vaccinating THOSE people before distributing them all over OUR country? Oh, that's right... THEY get a choice, but WE don't.

That's just not right on any day of the week, let alone today.
Right, and exemplified by this.....

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/its-not-jab-its-precedent
WPNfamily
Everpack said:

WPNfamily said:

When you say this weekend, do you mean this past weekend? As in 2-4 days ago? And 4/5 showing symptoms with positive test results?
Yes. Trip started Thursday last week. Guys has symptoms by Sunday night and Monday morning.

All are fully vax'd
Oldsouljer
BBW12OG said:

He will be. Abrams is being exposed for the blowhard lefty she is. Plus she's down about $300k in back taxes... Guess that's not too much for libbies who check off certain boxes... i.e. Rev Al....
More importantly, the state government is making moves to take over election administration in corrupt Fulton County.
PackPA2015
Y'all have RCTs of these therapeutics making a significant impact in reducing hospitalizations or deaths like the vaccines? Have you considered the possibility of side effects that can come with any medicine and specifically with the variety of chronic medical problems Americans tend to already have?
WPNfamily
Daviewolf83 said:

caryking said:

WPNfamily said:

Also, see the following.

Therapeutics are NOT a substitute for the vaccines. I also stand by my earlier comments that vaccines are more effective in preventing severe infection or death than the horse deworming medicine people are self-prescribing.
100% agree with Davie here. The vax has made symptoms mild for all the guys. All guys are 40-41, very active, and healthy.
Civilized
Everpack said:

WPNfamily said:

Yeah that's pretty crazy right?

I'm not doubting the story but would be interested to hear more specifics. Last I heard, suspected average incubation until symptoms or enough viral load for positive test was 4 to 5 days after exposure.

Pretty crazy that four vaccinated dudes in a group of five all popped positive three or four days after (presumed) exposure.

That Uber driver y'all had going to the bottomless Mimosa brunch Saturday morning must've had mutant-level viral load.

Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon!
Everpack
WPNfamily said:

Everpack said:

WPNfamily said:

Yes. Trip started Thursday last week. Guys has symptoms by Sunday night and Monday morning.

All are fully vax'd

I'd love to hear some of our resident experts chime in here, because to me, 80% breakthrough cases with sub-3 day incubation period seems off?
Daviewolf83
WPNfamily said:

Daviewolf83 said:

caryking said:

WPNfamily said:

Also, see the following.

100% agree with Davie here. The vax has made symptoms mild for all the guys. All guys are 40-41, very active, and healthy.
Good to hear. I hope all make a full and quick recovery. Since all are fully vaxed, I would expect the symptoms to clear much more quickly than if they were seeing the virus for the first time, with no prior immunity. I suspect you guys all came in contact with someone with a significant viral load.
WPNfamily
Civilized said:

Everpack said:

WPNfamily said:

Yeah that's pretty crazy right?

I'm not doubting the story but would be interested to hear more specifics. Last I heard, suspected average incubation until symptoms or enough viral load for positive test was 4 to 5 days after exposure.

Pretty crazy that four vaccinated dudes in a group of five all popped positive three or four days after (presumed) exposure.

That Uber driver y'all had going to the bottomless Mimosa brunch Saturday morning must've had mutant-level viral load.

Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon!
We know the exposure happened on Thursday because that person called us Friday night sick and tested positive Saturday morning. Even then I was shocked 4/5 popped. Delta I would agree is highly transmittable.
WPNfamily
Everpack said:

WPNfamily said:

Everpack said:

WPNfamily said:

All are fully vax'd

I'd love to hear some of our resident experts chime in here, because to me, 80% breakthrough cases with sub-3 day incubation period seems off?
It's 3-4 day incubation since we know the exposure was Thursday from noon until 10pm.
Daviewolf83
Everpack said:

WPNfamily said:

Everpack said:

WPNfamily said:

All are fully vax'd

Three day incubation period does not seem off at all. Time before you show symptoms can be 2-3 days from contact. As far as the 80% number, it is not too surprising if they encountered someone who had a significant viral load. One thing with Delta is it produces a much higher viral load than the other variants and this is the reason it is thought to be more transmissible.

NC reported some break-through case data today that is interesting. Since Delta has become prevalent, the break-through cases are making up 18% of all cases in NC. This does not mean these cases are severe and they do not require hospitalization. This is how the vaccines help to defang the virus. The people who are infected also have a much lower ability to transmit the virus, even with Delta.

In the report from NCDHHS, it indicates the following:

- Attack rate among unvaccinated people = 461 cases per 100,000 population
- Attack rate among vaccinated people = 131 per 100,000 population
- Chance of unvaccinated person becoming infected = 3.5 times higher than a vaccinated person
- Mortality for unvaccinated people = 1.05 per 100,000 population
- Mortality for vaccinated people = 0.23 per 100,000 population
- Unvaccinated people are 4.6 times more likely to die from Covid-19 than a vaccinated person

Daviewolf83
Below is the latest information on vaccinations by age group and hospitalizations by age group. The hospitalizations are interesting, since people under the age of 17 are now being hospitalized at a higher rate for this Summer Wave than they were in the Winter Wave. This confirms what Mormad mentioned last week regarding the increasing number of younger children being hospitalized.

GuerrillaPack
I guess it could be dismissed as "anecdotal" evidence, but I've now read/heard at least 4-5 stories like this in just the last few weeks about fully vaxxed people "getting covid". About 2 weeks ago, one of my coworkers said that 5 of his friends (all vaxxed) went to a concert and all tested positive for the Rona.

I don't buy this narrative and "data" alleging that it's "99%" unvaxxed now getting covid, and "a pandemic of the unvaxxed".

The truth is probably that more like half the new cases (or more) are vaxxed people...as observed in the UK and other places.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
packgrad

caryking
Daviewolf83 said:

caryking said:

WPNfamily said:

Also, see the following.

Davie, with all due respect, are you sure you know what you're talking about. These so called horse medicines are FDA approved (lower strength) for human consumption to treat some illness. The problem, for you, is that doctors (that's not self-prescribing) are prescribing them, for humans, and they are working...

Do we have a segment of the population getting animal strength? Probably so. Your narrative is extremely weak!

Joe Biden
caryking
Daviewolf83 said:

caryking said:

WPNfamily said:

Also, see the following.

Therapeutics are NOT a substitute for the vaccines.
Sure they are for people that have seen the data on deaths and serious illness from the vaccine!

Joe Biden
Mormad
caryking said:

Daviewolf83 said:

caryking said:

WPNfamily said:

Also, see the following.

Sure they are for people that have seen the data on deaths and serious illness from the vaccine!

Because that data is WORSE than the data on deaths and serious illness from the disease? Would you provide a side-by-side comparison of that data for us?
caryking
Mormad said:

caryking said:

Daviewolf83 said:

caryking said:

WPNfamily said:

Also, see the following.

Because that data is WORSE than the data on deaths and serious illness from the disease? Would you provide a side-by-side comparison of that data for us?
I'm sure you can research the data yourself. You certainly don't have an issue posting your narrative, so my assumption is: you're capable...

Joe Biden
caryking
Posted, by sf59, on the LSU thread (football forum)...

yeah, i have spent the last 17 months working on primarily the moderna vaccine but also a couple post contraction treatment options. Here's some thoughts:

-the virus is very real, the threat is real but varies for each person

-people over 65 and immuno compromised should voluntarily vaccinate

-people outside of this group should perform their own risk assessment

-if given a choice of a vaccine I would choose Moderna-1273 (it will be approved this fall and it last longer at least in trial than pfizer)

-i personally will not booster until more of the data is back. a lot of the boosters being researched now are moving to a minimal dose with differing variant combinations. if i do boost, i want to receive the smallest, most effective dose

-once some of the treatment options become available i will no longer seek vaccination/ boosting

-the one size fits all mandates and required boosters do no take into account each person's individual well being. over vaccinating and mandating full strength repeated boosters within a population can have detrimental effects on future virus propagation - (this is virology 101)

-pro-tip: open windows and outdoor locations work better than masking in cloth and surgical mask. i still avoid small enclosed public areas where air could be stagnant and virally loaded.

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
The lefties' Lord Fauci is already setting the table for the 2022 election season. "Pandemic will last well into 2022...."

If anyone thinks this is something other than the lefties trying to steal another election sit back and watch how things play out over the next year.

We were told to get the vaccine. We got the vaccine. Now we are being told multiple booster shots will be required and those useless ****ing masks.... People are getting sick and some are dying. Well... again, Thank God President Trump cured the flu and the common cold because no one is dying from those. Things that have killed people for centuries but didn't cause the world to shutdown because we had to live with it are suddenly obsolete. Wonder why? Doesn't fit the lefty narrative.

I'm curious as to how many co-morbidities were not reported with the "deaths" of Covid. And... what happened to "herd immunity?" All of these kids all of a sudden getting respiratory sicknesses has to related right? So do we board up, stay at home, shutdown the economy until after the lefties transform this country into their MARXIST/COMMUNIST dream or do we as Americans tell them to **** off and take our country back?

I know what I plan on doing.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
TheStorm
I almost forgot. Went to my primary care provider yesterday for my three (3) month maintenance visit and did not wear a mask. Neither were three out of four of the others in the waiting area. None of the employees or providers wearing masks either. Nobody gave the person wearing the mask any comments or compromising looks either. Imagine that?

People here on the coast are ignoring the mandates in droves and businesses are not complying either. Restaurant employees. The entire lot. Oh, I'm sure that there are some virtue signaling businesses out there requiring them, but thus far I haven't encountered one.

I haven't even dug a mask out of the closet yet to throw in the car just in case and in all likelihood won't. I don't even think about masks except when I read crap about them on this board.
Everpack
Daviewolf83 said:

Everpack said:

WPNfamily said:

Everpack said:

WPNfamily said:

All are fully vax'd

Three day incubation period does not seem off at all. Time before you show symptoms can be 2-3 days from contact. As far as the 80% number, it is not too surprising if they encountered someone who had a significant viral load. One thing with Delta is it produces a much higher viral load than the other variants and this is the reason it is thought to be more transmissible.

Why are we still quarantining close contacts for 14 days?

Just devils advocate, but someone better get ahold of the vaccine purpose narrative, or the chances of changing folks minds will be impossible with stories like this. Regardless of what the data says, at this point, most people have either had the virus or seen enough mild cases to question "why" with an 80% breakthrough rate in one group, especially in younger demographics.

caryking
TheStorm said:

I almost forgot. Went to my primary care provider yesterday for my three (3) month maintenance visit and did not wear a mask. Neither were three out of four of the others in the waiting area. None of the employees or providers wearing masks either. Nobody gave the person wearing the mask any comments or compromising looks either. Imagine that?

People here on the coast are ignoring the mandates in droves and businesses are not complying either. Restaurant employees. The entire lot. Oh, I'm sure that there are some virtue signaling businesses out there requiring them, but thus far I haven't encountered one.

I haven't even dug a mask out of the closet yet to throw in the car just in case and in all likelihood won't. I don't even think about masks except when I read crap about them on this board.
Storm, you are down east where common sense takes priority over scientism! When I'm spending time living in Pine Knoll Shores, the whole world is more peaceful and the people just live their lives!

Unfortunately, my primary residence is Cary; however, I question that decision frequently nowadays...

Joe Biden
First Page Last Page
Page 364 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.