Coronavirus

2,007,904 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For you anti vaxxers and anti maskers, what is the best way to handle the pandemic? Just let who ever dies die? I'm just asking a question
Oldsouljer
Hmm. Wonder what their ticket refund policy is?
packgrad
Glasswolf said:

For you anti vaxxers and anti maskers, what is the best way to handle the pandemic? Just let who ever dies die? I'm just asking a question

Do you think there is a way to not let whoever dies die?
Glasswolf
People die every day. How do we stop people dying from Covid and get back to normal life? My daughter is 28, never smoked and no health issues. She has Covid and is being admitted to the hospital. How do we stop this?
Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

Mormad said:

GuerrillaPack said:

mdreid said:

This has NOTHING to do with health and safety. These vaccine passports are all a "punitive measure", designed to push people to take the injections.

If it was about safety, then wouldn't they be requiring masks as a first step out outdoor events? But no. They don't require masks outdoors, but leapfrog all the way to requiring that you take the poison injection.

I bet a lot of people are going to be providing fake CDC cards and fake test results. Then the next step is the QR codes, and when people start faking those too...guess what's next?? A biometric ID or even implantable microchips.

LSU is in on it?
99% of the people running universities are hardcore Marxist ideologues. Why wouldn't they be in on this tyrannical agenda?

Not in the SEC, brother.

They're hardcore Football ideologues above all else.
Oldsouljer
Glasswolf said:

That's a simple, yet loaded question and as such, cannot realistically be addressed with a simple, yet perfectly honest answer.
wilmwolf
Glasswolf said:

I'm not anti vax nor anti mask, and I'm too much of a compassionate person to ever say that people should die that don't have to. With that said, from a natural perspective, the quickest way to end the pandemic could have been to let the vulnerable die. As humans, we tend to be ok with natural selection unless it involves humans. Much like trying to put out a wildfire versus letting it burn itself out, these types of pandemics probably serve a natural purpose. I don't know what the numbers say of late, but for something with a 95+ survival rate, and weighing the other societal costs that we may never be able to measure, that may have been the best, though most difficult to accept, option. Reconciling that with the emotions that come from the people that I know that I have died from it is a pretty hard thing to do, but speaking from a non-emotional, pragmatic point of view, that would probably be the answer. Now, as a compassionate person and a believer in medical science, we as a species have the ability to fight things like this pandemic, so I would never advocate that we not do anything we could do to stop people from dying.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
packgrad
Glasswolf said:

People die every day. How do we stop people dying from Covid and get back to normal life? My daughter is 28, never smoked and no health issues. She has Covid and is being admitted to the hospital. How do we stop this?
I don't think we can stop people from dying from Covid. I think we can get back to normal life quite easily once people accept that Fauci can't protect them.

Best wishes to your daughter for a speedy recovery.
IseWolf22
statefan91 said:

Couple rooms in daycare shut down today, thankfully not my kids at this point.

Son goes to Kindergarten this week, hopefully they stay in person.

Wish folks would get vaxxed, reduce hospitalizations and death, and move this thing into the category of a common cold for most of us. We could be there already if more had gotten vaxxed.
My SIL just got Covid. She's vaccinated and mostly recovered after a few days, but her diagnosis means my niece isn't able to attend her first day of school. She's pretty upset as she was finally ready to be able to be back in school with here friends.
Mormad
How could an unnatural virus produced in a Chinese lab have any natural purpose???
ncsualum05
Glasswolf said:

It's a great question. The answer is that we cannot. Because no matter what mandates come down and no matter what politicians or TV doctors say this virus cannot be stopped. So we can keep on grinding away at life trying to slow it down. The vaccine technology was huge and I've been a proponent for getting it. As far as I'm concerned it's about the only thing that has been done remotely right in the last 18 months.

But if we can do amazing things with technology and vaccines particularly with speed and trials than why have we not gotten a drug treatment to help ease the pain a bit for those that inevitably get sick from it? I think that is actually a better question.

Also let us not forget the true motives that decide things on a massive scale go back to money. The vaccines are great and we needed them but there was definitely some wealth created for the big dawgs at Pfizer, Moderna, and the like. So where is big pharma on treatments.... my guess is a lucrative enough deal hasn't come along yet.
Wayland
Mormad said:

How could an unnatural virus produced in a Chinese lab have any natural purpose???
A carelessly tossed cigarette can have the same effect as a bolt of lightning. They can both still burn down the forest.

In hindsight, the answer would be, we allowed scientists and their hubris to doom us with their gain of function research and we should go back and burn that all down and hold those accountable.

TheStorm
Glasswolf said:

My 86 year old mother caught it in a nursing home and died as well. I got vaccinated, but that was a personal choice. Do you ever bother to read things that Davie and Wayland have been posting here for the last 18 months? Just wondering, because you sure don't act like it.

Wishing your daughter a speedy and full recovery.
wilmwolf
Mormad said:

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven
ciscopack
mdreid said:

...as it should be. If folks had listened to science....this stuff wouldn't be in the US now (my opinion). We'd be going to concerts, restaurants, ball games, getting hair cuts without masks or some fear...in my opinion. Now it's a redo of what should be very low or gone....as I guessing in this very thread long ago. I ain't the damn flu!...different virus!!!! I remember and I said so around 350 pages back, being in my cousin's garage drinking beer and watching the news.....around Jan. 2020 and it was on Covid-19 and in the far east. Showing everyone walking around with masks on and in some places, they were hunkered down at home. I told cuz..... that stuff will be here before long and US people can't hang with that kind of discipline. Maybe I do have ESP?
wilmwolf
The far east is still struggling with Covid like everywhere else is. This isn't an American problem.
Packchem91
ncsualum05 said:

Glasswolf said:

Also let us not forget the true motives that decide things on a massive scale go back to money. The vaccines are great and we needed them but there was definitely some wealth created for the big dawgs at Pfizer, Moderna, and the like. So where is big pharma on treatments.... my guess is a lucrative enough deal hasn't come along yet.
Not that I disagree with you --- because the US is going to be paying the pharms a ton of $$ here....but since you referenced money....

I'm interested in what the cost of Covid really is ---- we keep hearing of all these people overflowing hospitals, ICUs, nights in the hospital to recover. Holy mackeral, at the average cost of an ER visit, normal panel of tests, overnight stays, and then into the really expensive stuff if in ICU, the overall financial bill must be beyond enormous.
I'd guess we'll all see that passed on to us at some point, right? Insurance isn't going to eat it all, government subsidies cost $$, etc.
And that is not to mention loss of productivity at work. One of my workers, who was vaxxed, got it last week, was laid up (severe flu-like symptoms) for a week. My company is pretty gracious, and for Covid+ is granting "extra PTO" basically for up to 5 days. But that comes out of the bottom line ultimately.

And of course, doesn't even begin to touch on the investments companies have put in to retrofitting offices, even buying more space b/c can't fit workers back in, losing employees due to government competition with temp benefits vs salary, on and on and on.
The price tag must be enormous.
Wayland
ciscopack said:

mdreid said:

...as it should be. If folks had listened to science....this stuff wouldn't be in the US now (my opinion). We'd be going to concerts, restaurants, ball games, getting hair cuts without masks or some fear...in my opinion. Now it's a redo of what should be very low or gone....as I guessing in this very thread long ago. I ain't the damn flu!...different virus!!!! I remember and I said so around 350 pages back, being in my cousin's garage drinking beer and watching the news.....around Jan. 2020 and it was on Covid-19 and in the far east. Showing everyone walking around with masks on and in some places, they were hunkered down at home. I told cuz..... that stuff will be here before long and US people can't hang with that kind of discipline. Maybe I do have ESP?
We are all still aware that other countries exist? Right? And it isn't as simple as vaccination rate or "The Science"? Jan 2020 was already too late.

There are a lot of variables... more than we can count.

If anyone really thinks at this point that in January 2020 COVIDzero was still even possible... I have a bridge WITH a unicorn to sell you.

GuerrillaPack
Glasswolf said:

Very simple. Personal responsibility and personal choice.

Everyone who is scared of the Rona can get shot up with 10 vaccines and wear 4 masks the rest of their life.

But those who are not scared should be allowed to live their life as normal, and be able to go to businesses without be forced to wear a mask or be injected.

But no...the authoritarians have to force everyone to abide by their view of the world.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
ncsualum05
ciscopack said:

mdreid said:

Yeah I've heard others say this. This wonderful new variant was brought to you by India. We have foreigners coming in and out of this country all the time by the millions. We have a southern border crisis that Biden opened up since taking office. Folks in Mexico have had covid raging this whole time. They get across and sneak in without a vaccine or a test I promise you. Every continent on the Earth is dealing with this and the US probably has better control of it than most. Many countries around the world don't have hardly any of their population vaxxed yet. I get your frustration but by your account we should have closed all borders and not allowed anyone in as much as we should've forced vaccination on all our population. That would probably about eradicate the disease but that would take one hell of a totalitarian movement to accomplish. One that would make Hitler blush.
TheStorm
Wayland said:

ciscopack said:

mdreid said:

We are all still aware that other countries exist? Right? And it isn't as simple as vaccination rate or "The Science"? Jan 2020 was already too late.

There are a lot of variables... more than we can count.

If anyone really thinks at this point that in January 2020 COVIDzero was still even possible... I have a bridge WITH a unicorn to sell you.

And we STILL HAVE AN OPEN BORDER WITH MEXICO (while Canada quarantines Americans), with tons of COVID POSITIVE ILLEGALS flooding our border states only to then be bussed to other states and dropped off randomly by his god. But he never seems to have a problem with that?

Why isn't DNS automatically vaccinating THOSE people before distributing them all over OUR country? Oh, that's right... THEY get a choice, but WE don't.

That's just not right on any day of the week, let alone today.
GuerrillaPack
TheStorm said:

And we STILL HAVE AN OPEN BORDER WITH MEXICO (while Canada quarantines Americans), with tons of COVID POSITIVE ILLEGALS flooding our border states only to then be bussed to other states and dropped off randomly by his god. But he never seems to have a problem with that?

Why isn't DNS automatically vaccinating THOSE people before distributing them all over OUR country? Oh, that's right... THEY get a choice, but WE don't.

That's just not right on any day of the week, let alone today.
Yeah, are the treasonous Feds going to require the illegals to have a vaccine before they allow them to come into the country and then book them a plane or bus ride to ship them to a Republican state?

This is all a complete 100% farce. You don't leave the borders wide open and ship in tens of thousands of illegals each day if a real pandemic is going on.

SCAMDEMIC
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Civilized
Glasswolf said:

Ugh. Sorry Glass. Hope she's sound as a pound and out in no time.
packgrad

statefan91
Seems like bad timing for the announcement considering this -
Wayland
New 7 day case averages with today's CDC update of ED % with diagnosed COVID

Since June

Entire pandemic.

packgrad
statefan91 said:

Seems like bad timing for the announcement considering this -

Are you kidding me? It's great timing. Same day as LSU announcement. I know because it's not a liberal position (rioting, protests, private birthday parties, Democrat fundraiser) we want to act like it's dangerous for football teams to have fans in a normal game day experience. But it isn't. Cheers to UGA.
statefan91
Why is it great timing to announce that the hospitals are overwhelmed and need support from the National Guard?
GuerrillaPack
statefan91 said:

Why is it great timing to announce that the hospitals are overwhelmed and need support from the National Guard?
Or you could view it the opposite way as "bad timing" for the Governor.

It depends on your perspective as to which of the two is a "higher authority", I guess. You have two different entities with differing views on the supposed "crisis". You are siding with the Governor here. Others side with the U of G with their declaration.
packgrad
statefan91 said:

Totally.
GuerrillaPack
Kemp and the RINO Establishment in Georgia might as well be Democrats anyway. They were completely complicit in the blatantly rigged "election" in Georgia, stealing the two Senate seats and the state for Biden. Kemp is not a true conservative. He and that rat Sec of State Raffensberer completely outed themselves as RINO traitors, and I'm sure every Republican in the state knows this.
ncsualum05
GuerrillaPack said:

Kemp and the RINO Establishment in Georgia might as well be Democrats anyway. They were completely complicit in the blatantly rigged "election" in Georgia, stealing the two Senate seats and the state for Biden. Kemp is not a true conservative. He and that rat Sec of State Raffensberer completely outed themselves as RINO traitors, and I'm sure every Republican in the state knows this.
Abrams already runs the state unofficially but she'll have absolute power once she officially beats Kemp in 2022. Georgia is gone.
caryking
mrcpack17 said:

I've lost all hope.

That sensationalism! Why shouldn't people use the human dosage of a drug that's proven to work for so many doctors?

Why? Because it's cheap! We have to protect the drug companies! Remember when Dems used to raise hell with big pharma?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
Glasswolf said:

Hopefully, your daughter is being treated by doctors that believe in the therapy drugs that are being ostracized all over the place!

Glass, I hate you are having to deal with!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Daviewolf83
The government must stop treating vaccinated and unvaccinated people the same way. Vaccinated people do NOT spread Covid like unvaccinated people do, so why require OUTDOOR MASKING for all. It is maddening and NOT BASED ON SCIENCE.

How long until it comes to NC? Masking people at outdoor events will have effectively zero effect on controlling the spread of Covid. This is may rant for today.

First Page Last Page
Page 363 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.