Coronavirus

1,980,752 Views | 19755 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Werewolf
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

Lol. Now not wearing a mask is a POS move and anti Christian. So ridiculous. Cult.
No...but lying about it because you don't wont to be told what to do is certainly hypocritical coming from a guy who has a scripture in his signature.

Or maybe you point me to the point in the Sermon on the Mount, where Jesus said..."look, when you don't like the rules, just make up a lie and do what the heck you want to do".
You call it cult, but we're talking about a guy who makes up science (masks hurt my breathing, the earth is really flat)....if adhering to the opposite of that is cultish...ok.
TheStorm
wilmwolf80 said:

As for kids wearing masks in schools, my two cents is that priority number one is having kids in schools. If that means they have to wear masks to satisfy the Twitter brigades, it sucks, but it's better than virtual learning. Kids need to be in schools so parents can go to work.

With that said, if they are going the mask route in schools, then there should not be any stoppages or quarantines if there are positive tests. If we are all in on the masks protect kids train, then that's that. There has to be an end game. The cycle of quarantines and mask mandates has to stop somewhere.
Man, you are caving in. It has been 100% shown that kids have almost 0% of becoming seriously ill from Covid. Maybe the TEACHERS should be required to be vaccinated and MAYBE we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The conversation that the KIDS aren't the ones driving. I'm with DeSantis on this issue.
bgr3
Consider that perhaps you had a 0.01% chance of suffocating. After all it can't hurt to be overly cautious.
Mormad
TheStorm said:

Mormad said:

GuerrillaPack said:

griff17matt said:

Mormad said:

Please, guys, don't believe that masks reduce oxygen and increase CO2. You can hate masks ask you want and believe they have no effect on the pandemic. I don't care. That's just fun banter to me. I'll be happy to explain the physiology of this if needed. Does anybody really believe it's unsafe to operate for hours in a mask and yet unsafe to walk in a business with one for a few minutes? Or that these masks are permeable to viruses but not oxygen and carbon dioxide? Something our bodies control very well thru respiration? And our hemoglobin completely saturates at 13-15% oxygen at the alveolar level.

Pssh, like I believe your Satanic "science" and big words...
I'm aware that there is now a blitzkrieg of "studies" now supposedly showing that prolonged mask-wearing does not lower oxygen levels. However, it is propaganda to push masking, similar to the big "change in science" and plethora of new "studies" that came out in April/May of 2020 supposedly "proving" that masks are now found to "protect against transmission of disease"...when for the past several decades numerous studies had proved that masks did NOT protect against this.

There is not some "consensus" in the medical/scientific community that masks do "not" lower oxygen levels. There are many studies that show that masks DO lower oxygen levels, and many doctors who recognize these studies and acknowledge that mask-wearing does lower oxygen levels. Here is one such article citing the studies and doctors who acknowledge this.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/could-wearing-a-mask-for-long-periods-be-detrimental-to-health-628400

Quote:

Could wearing a mask for long periods be detrimental to health?

Retired neurosurgeon Dr. Russell Blaylock has highlighted a number of studies linking prolonged mask use to headaches and lowered blood oxygen levels, which can weaken the immune system.

Could the requirement to wear masks in public to prevent the spread of the coronavirus be doing more harm than good to people's health?

A retired neurosurgeon believes so, pointing toward studies which found that wearing masks for prolonged periods can cause serious side effects.

In an article published by Technocracy News, Dr. Russell Blaylock wrote that the side effects from prolonged wearing of a face mask "can vary from headaches to increased airway resistance, carbon dioxide accumulation, to hypoxia, all the way to serious life-threatening complications."

[...]

He highlighted one study of 212 healthcare workers who were asked to report on the presence of headaches while using the N95 mask, including the duration of the headache, the type of headache, and whether they had pre-existing headaches. The study found that around a third of workers developed headaches when using the N95 mask, the majority had pre-existing headaches that were made worse by the use of the mask, and around three in five required pain medication to relieve the headache.

And although tight straps or pressure from the mask were considered as potential causes, the evidence pointed to the headaches being caused by reduced blood oxygenation, or an increase in carbon dioxide in the blood.

"It is known that the N95 mask, if worn for hours, can reduce blood oxygenation as much as 20%," Blaylock wrote. This, he said, "can lead to a loss of consciousness, as happened to the hapless fellow driving around alone in his car wearing an N95 mask, causing him to pass out, and to crash his car and sustain injuries. I am sure that we have several cases of elderly individuals or any person with poor lung function passing out, hitting their head. This, of course, can lead to death."

A more recent study of 159 healthcare workers between the ages of 21 and 35 found that 81% developed headaches through the use of face masks, to the level at which their work performance was affected.

A third study measured the blood oxygen of 53 surgeons using an oximeter before and after surgery.

"The researchers found that the mask reduced the blood oxygen levels (pa02) significantly. The longer the duration of wearing the mask, the greater the fall in blood oxygen levels," Blaylock wrote.

Lol ok. Now list the ones that show masks have no effect on oxygenation levels.

Funny thing, this internet. You can find support for any argument, no matter how wrong.

But it's cool. How do we rebreathe the CO2 selectively over the O2 that must also get caught up in the dead space of impermeable mask? Wouldn't that keep our O2 levels higher just like you're suggesting our CO2 levels climb? What happens if your PCO2 climbs to 45 from rebreathing CO2? What happens to oxygen saturation if your oxygen level in the air drops 50%? What would your PO2 be? Is that level harmful? Does a mask reduce oxygen availability by 50%? And yet have no effect on viral inoculation? Those masks are tricky little guys
I would expect you to be above this as well.

But, those masks apparently saved millions of lives over those first 15 months, which you of all people 100% know isn't true.

Big picture here people.

Lol, brother. My wife just said the same thing! Y'all are probably right, man.
GuerrillaPack
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Lol. Now not wearing a mask is a POS move and anti Christian. So ridiculous. Cult.
No...but lying about it because you don't wont to be told what to do is certainly hypocritical coming from a guy who has a scripture in his signature.

Or maybe you point me to the point in the Sermon on the Mount, where Jesus said..."look, when you don't like the rules, just make up a lie and do what the heck you want to do".
You call it cult, but we're talking about a guy who makes up science (masks hurt my breathing, the earth is really flat)....if adhering to the opposite of that is cultish...ok.
There is no requirement to follow illegal, unjust, and immoral laws. To the contrary, God requires us to DISOBEY those laws when they violate God's laws. Were Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego "wrong" for disobeying Nebuchadnezzar's command to worship the golden image? The Messiah also defied the "rules" of the ruling Pharisees. Almost all of the 12 Apostles were executed because they defied orders of the Pharisees and other governments of the time, prohibiting them from preaching the gospel.

And I'm not lying at all. I've proven (with evidence) that mask-wearing is harmful. So I (and everyone) has a legitimate claim for a health exemption from wearing a mask.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
wilmwolf
TheStorm said:

wilmwolf80 said:

As for kids wearing masks in schools, my two cents is that priority number one is having kids in schools. If that means they have to wear masks to satisfy the Twitter brigades, it sucks, but it's better than virtual learning. Kids need to be in schools so parents can go to work.

With that said, if they are going the mask route in schools, then there should not be any stoppages or quarantines if there are positive tests. If we are all in on the masks protect kids train, then that's that. There has to be an end game. The cycle of quarantines and mask mandates has to stop somewhere.
Man, you are caving in. It has been 100% shown that kids have almost 0% of becoming seriously ill from Covid. Maybe the TEACHERS should be required to be vaccinated and MAYBE we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The conversation that the KIDS aren't the one driving. I'm with DeSantis on this issue.

Nah, not caving. I want the kids in school. That's my number one priority. For the sake of the kids, and for the sake of the economy and small businesses everywhere. Kids need to be in school, parents need to be working. It's not about whether I think kids are spreading the virus, I don't, kids have been interacting and going wherever they wanted throughout this whole thing. But if masks are what it takes to get them in the classroom, so be it. It sucks, but another year of virtual learning would be worse. Not for the kids of any of my friends or family, they all are able to teach their kids and keep them learning at the proper rate, but there are millions of kids out there that haven't gotten that for a year and a half because their parents don't care or are not smart enough.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
TheStorm
wilmwolf80 said:

TheStorm said:

wilmwolf80 said:

The conversation that the KIDS aren't the one driving. I'm with DeSantis on this issue.

Nah, not caving. I want the kids in school. That's my number one priority. For the sake of the kids, and for the sake of the economy and small businesses everywhere. Kids need to be in school, parents need to be working. It's not about whether I think kids are spreading the virus, I don't, kids have been interacting and going wherever they wanted throughout this whole thing. But if masks are what it takes to get them in the classroom, so be it. It sucks, but another year of virtual learning would be worse. Not for the kids of any of my friends or family, they all are able to teach their kids and keep them learning at the proper rate, but there are millions of kids out there that haven't gotten that for a year and a half because their parents don't care or are not smart enough.
So we are going to instead make them wear masks because of politics?
bgr3
wilmwolf80 said:

TheStorm said:

wilmwolf80 said:

The choice between kids in masks and another year of virtual learning is a false choice. Being pushed for political, not scientific reasons. You don't have to accept the choice, you are choosing to.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Just went into a Chipotle for lunch in Raleigh this afternoon without a mask on. No one said anything to me. I actually didn't know the order was already in effect yet. I thought it was going into effect on Monday.. Lol. I won't be complying. Businesses don't want to enforce it anyway, because they worry that the mask mandates will hurt their business.

So if the restaurant/store employee had called your unmasked, unvaccinated attention to it, you would have done what?

Covered this on the previous page of the thread. All you have to do is claim you qualify for a health exemption under the order - such as having asthma or another condition that makes it difficult for you to breathe with a mask on. Under the order the business cannot ask you for documentation to prove that you qualify for the exemption. You are essentially on the "honor system". Also, wearing a mask for a long period of time is proven to lower your blood oxygen levels. That is a legitimate enough reason for anyone to qualify for a health exemption.

I bet most businesses are not going to try to enforce these mandates, and won't even say anything. They want your business, and don't want to alienate customers. And many know this is all a fraud anyway.

Lol, so the guy with a bible verse as his signature would carry his more likely to transmit the disease self into a business AND then purposely lie about it.
Makes sense. And yet you wonder why the world "hateth you".

Don't get all but hurt because I won't comply with the Satanic communist tyranny you apparently are in love with.

I just told you that lowering my blood oxygen level is a legitimate reason to not wear a mask. I'm not lying.

Sorry, I believe you are 100% lying, and that it is a POS move. And particularly hypocritical. It would be laughably so, except the subject matter isn't really laughable.

It's 100% absolutely NOT a lie. Wearing a mask IS harmful to my health, and for anyone. It is proven to lower your blood oxygen level, as you are breathing in your exhaled CO2. And wearing a mask in this heat will only make it even more harmful. You will get noticeably light-headed wearing a mask in this heat, not getting sufficient oxygen.

I'm in no way being hypocritical, because I have said from the very beginning in March 2020 that this whole "covid" charade is a scam to bring in a totalitarian agenda.

If you want to find the REAL hypocrites on covid and mask-wearing, look to Leftist elites and politicians like Obama who mandate and tell us to wear masks and then defy their own orders and are caught out partying it up without wearing masks.

No, I'm looking right at you, "Mr I'm a Christian, but I'm gonna put myself above everyone else, and I'll justify that anyway I can"

I guess you'll never elect to be operated on because the doctors and nurses would wear masks, and you wouldn't want one of them to pass out while doing so. See how stupid that sounds?

Of course you do, but it's not about what is right, it's about your misplaced sense of "your rights".

Seriously. What the **** is your problem?!? You can be SOOOO INSUFFERABLE sometimes for someone of your intelligence. It's GP. If you don't like what he's saying just f'n ignore it.

You've crossed the line of reasonable debate here in your last 3-4 posts. So I'm just going to point that out to you as well, while you are railing against something you shouldn't even be responding to.

C'mon man... you know that you are better than that.

Now that being said, I would have have my iPhone12 in my hands and walked right past that guy at the Apple store. If he came after me, I'd have something different than an iPhone (and the rest of my lines on my Verizon Business Account with 15-20 lines) within the next couple of days and made sure that both he and his manager knew their names would be passed forward in an email that same day.

That is how people need to work it.
Mehh...i typically ignore him, as I know he's way out there on his opinions. But I'm generally intrigued by this whole group of people who say "I will not comply", and how they are acting in these situations. I think people will generally just do it for 5 minutes, because we all know it doesn't hurt. Does it mean some people will just leave, and the business will lsoe out....maybe, but I think that will be minimal.

But this whole "you can't tell me what to do" and I'll just make up a lie to avoid the rules I don't want to comply with just p's me off. The amount of self-importance in that approach is just mind-boggling, and you can call it over the line but I think its a POS move, sorry.

wilmwolf
Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win the war. Another year of kids not in school and parents not working and we may not be able to recover.
GuerrillaPack
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

"makes up science"

No. I provided scientific evidence - with studies and doctors who proved that wearing masks lowers your blood oxygen levels.

Here it is again: https://www.jpost.com/health-science/could-wearing-a-mask-for-long-periods-be-detrimental-to-health-628400

So who's really lying again? The guy claiming that I just "make stuff up"?
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
wilmwolf
bgr3 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

TheStorm said:

wilmwolf80 said:

The choice between kids in masks and another year of virtual learning is a false choice. Being pushed for political, not scientific reasons. You don't have to accept the choice, you are choosing to.

I one hundred percent agree that it is not scientific and is politicial. But if they decide that kids have to wear masks in one of these closed door meetings, then there really isn't a choice for the majority of parents. Parents can choose home school, maybe private schools, but the people with the means to do either of those things aren't the ones who are really affected by kids not being in school. Most everyone I know has done well with their kids through this, but the people I know aren't the ones having to choose between taking care of their kids or working at the local restaurant.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

As the NCDHHS updates from yesterday, the graph below has been updated to show the latest daily hospitalizations by age group, comparing the Summer Wave to the Winter Wave. Please note the number of daily admits for those 17 and under continues to be slightly lower than it was in the Winter Wave. So, no kids are not being hospitalized now than they were for the Winter Wave.

Also, the age group contributing the highest number of daily hospitalizations continues to be the 50-59 age group.

Unfortunately, SOME PEOPLE on this thread will completely ignore this information and that's VERY, VERY, DISAPPOINTING...
What is to be ignored? Its what has been the case for some time, no? The overall age has come down because older people are more vaccinated? I assume your focus is on the stats about kids?

Those seem great...but in a state that is currently hard hit, Alabama, there was this from a CNN article. Now...there are no numbers documented there...so does "uptick" represent an increase from 1 to 3, I don't know, and its a fair question of what is, to me, a miss for the article. But....do we trust or distrust the accuracy of a guy who is the director of Ped Infectious Diseases at a major teaching hospital?

And in Alabama, there is an alarming uptick of infants as well as teenagers hospitalized with Covid-19, according to Dr. David Kimberlin, the director of the Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at the University of Alabama in Birmingham.

"We're seeing a lot of children who are very, very sick admitted to our hospital. We have almost twice as many right now as we did at the previous worst part of this pandemic, which was probably in January," Kimberlin told CNN's Erin Burnett Friday.
"These children are coming in fighting for breath, fighting for the ability to basically get through this devastating illness, many of them are on ventilators, maybe a quarter or so on ventilators or heart-lung bypass machines," he said.
He added that as children return to classrooms, "it's critically important that everyone in schools masks, whether you're vaccinated or not."
griff17matt
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

As the NCDHHS updates from yesterday, the graph below has been updated to show the latest daily hospitalizations by age group, comparing the Summer Wave to the Winter Wave. Please note the number of daily admits for those 17 and under continues to be slightly lower than it was in the Winter Wave. So, no kids are not being hospitalized now than they were for the Winter Wave.

Also, the age group contributing the highest number of daily hospitalizations continues to be the 50-59 age group.

Unfortunately, SOME PEOPLE on this thread will completely ignore this information and that's VERY, VERY, DISAPPOINTING...
What is to be ignored? Its what has been the case for some time, no? The overall age has come down because older people are more vaccinated? I assume your focus is on the stats about kids?

Those seem great...but in a state that is currently hard hit, Alabama, there was this from a CNN article. Now...there are no numbers documented there...so does "uptick" represent an increase from 1 to 3, I don't know, and its a fair question of what is, to me, a miss for the article. But....do we trust or distrust the accuracy of a guy who is the director of Ped Infectious Diseases at a major teaching hospital?

And in Alabama, there is an alarming uptick of infants as well as teenagers hospitalized with Covid-19, according to Dr. David Kimberlin, the director of the Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at the University of Alabama in Birmingham.

"We're seeing a lot of children who are very, very sick admitted to our hospital. We have almost twice as many right now as we did at the previous worst part of this pandemic, which was probably in January," Kimberlin told CNN's Erin Burnett Friday.
"These children are coming in fighting for breath, fighting for the ability to basically get through this devastating illness, many of them are on ventilators, maybe a quarter or so on ventilators or heart-lung bypass machines," he said.
He added that as children return to classrooms, "it's critically important that everyone in schools masks, whether you're vaccinated or not."

Generally speaking, my issue with articles that have been published throughout the pandemic has seemingly started with a premise and then sought out "experts" that agree with the premise so the headline can say, "Experts say such and such" or "Such and such is a big issue, experts say."

If you take the top 10 or so news outlets and they can find 50 people that would be considered experts by those that would just assume so because they were told, you can really shape the way the public views certain issues based on the beliefs of less than 1000 people. Any time I see "experts say" in a news article, I'm immediately dubious of where the bias forced the story to lean.

Without knowing which article this is from, I'd guarantee "experts say" is in the headline.

I'm not really an anti-vaxer either. I plan on getting it as soon as it is fully FDA approved. But the fear porn around this whole thing is absurd.
packgrad
bgr3
wilmwolf80 said:

bgr3 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

TheStorm said:

wilmwolf80 said:

I one hundred percent agree that it is not scientific and is politicial. But if they decide that kids have to wear masks in one of these closed door meetings, then there really isn't a choice for the majority of parents. Parents can choose home school, maybe private schools, but the people with the means to do either of those things aren't the ones who are really affected by kids not being in school. Most everyone I know has done well with their kids through this, but the people I know aren't the ones having to choose between taking care of their kids or working at the local restaurant.

I deeply sympathize with anyone navigating this with children, yourself included.

I do not (yet) have them and admittedly look at the policy ina way that is more detached.

I do think parents should still reject false choices in terms of arguing about this stuff. None of that changes the underlying problem which is a state run quasi-monopoly (the exceptions being those you mentioned). Extending choice to everyone is the key.
Daviewolf83
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Please note this part of the article,

"hospitalized with Covid-19"

I added the bold part for emphasis. How many of those hospitalized "with" Covid-19 are also hospitalized "with" RSV? Reports out of Japan today indicate that cases of RSV are higher than they have been in years. Reports out of Texas indicate a large percentage of pediatric beds are occupied by RSV patients and this disease is ramping up at the same time as Covid infections. Apparently. cases of RSV in this nation are growing extremely fast in many areas and leading to an increase in hospitalizations for children.

RSV ramps up every year at this time, so we should not be surprised. What is surprising this year is the increase in the number of RSV cases from previous years.

As far as masks mandates are concerned, they will only have marginal impact on the Summer Wave. If they do anything, they will prolong the Summer wave and make it last longer than it would if no mandates were put in place. Before mask mandates were put in place, I believed we would have peaked by the end of this month and be on the way down. Now, it is possible the peak could extend into September.

As far as masking kids in school are concerned, I do not believe kids K-5 should be masked in school. The American Academy of Pediatrics is wrong (in my opinion) and are not following science as it relates to the impact of masks on the children in this age group. Have to balance physical health cost with the cost of lost development and learning.

Packchem91
griff17matt said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Generally speaking, my issue with articles that have been published throughout the pandemic has seemingly started with a premise and then sought out "experts" that agree with the premise so the headline can say, "Experts say such and such" or "Such and such is a big issue, experts say."

If you take the top 10 or so news outlets and they can find 50 people that would be considered experts by those that would just assume so because they were told, you can really shape the way the public views certain issues based on the beliefs of less than 1000 people. Any time I see "experts say" in a news article, I'm immediately dubious of where the bias forced the story to lean.

Without knowing which article this is from, I'd guarantee "experts say" is in the headline.

I'm not really an anti-vaxer either. I plan on getting it as soon as it is fully FDA approved. But the fear porn around this whole thing is absurd.
I agree with taht -- and CNN has been terrible about it. Thats why I called out that its difficult to really know the severity if they don't even give you the #s...ie, if they'd said an alarming increase because there have been 50 babies...that would have been more telling.

I moreso referenced because it does call out role of the guy listed. Do we believe if it a director in the hospital says its bad?
Packchem91
Daviewolf83 said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

I added the bold part for emphasis. How many of those hospitalized "with" Covid-19 are also hospitalized "with" RSV? Reports out of Japan today indicate that cases of RSV are higher than they have been in years. Reports out of Texas indicate a large percentage of pediatric beds are occupied by RSV patients and this disease is ramping up at the same time as Covid infections. Apparently. cases of RSV in this nation are growing extremely fast in many areas and leading to an increase in hospitalizations for children.

RSV ramps up every year at this time, so we should not be surprised. What is surprising this year is the increase in the number of RSV cases from previous years.

As far as masks mandates are concerned, they will only have marginal impact on the Summer Wave. If they do anything, they will prolong the Summer wave and make it last longer than it would if no mandates were put in place. Before mask mandates were put in place, I believed we would have peaked by the end of this month and be on the way down. Now, it is possible the peak could extend into September.

As far as masking kids in school are concerned, I do not believe kids K-5 should be masked in school. The American Academy of Pediatrics is wrong (in my opinion) and are not following science as it relates to the impact of masks on the children in this age group. Have to balance physical health cost with the cost of lost development and learning.

Thank you -- I was looking forward to your input on that article comment, because I wondered if RSV played a role (but perhaps not a "sexy" one?)
statefan91
TheStorm said:

Seriously. What the **** is your problem?!? You can be SOOOO INSUFFERABLE sometimes for someone of your intelligence. It's GP. If you don't like what he's saying just f'n ignore it.

You've crossed the line of reasonable debate here in your last 3-4 posts. So I'm just going to point that out to you as well, while you are railing against something you shouldn't even be responding to.

C'mon man... you know that you are better than that.

Now that being said, I would have have my iPhone12 in my hands and walked right past that guy at the Apple store. If he came after me, I'd have something different than an iPhone (and the rest of my lines on my Verizon Business Account with 15-20 lines) within the next couple of days and made sure that both he and his manager knew their names would be passed forward in an email that same day.

That is how people need to work it.

I'm sure every other electronics store and wireless provider has the same policy, so it sounds like you would be willing to move your business accounts to an inferior provider and jeopardize business because you were sad someone asked you to wear a mask
Daviewolf83
As it regards Delta and its risk to kids (it is not any more risky than any other variant), I present this Tweet:

Daviewolf83
Packchem91 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Thank you -- I was looking forward to your input on that article comment, because I wondered if RSV played a role (but perhaps not a "sexy" one?)

Here's a Tweet on RSV and Covid-19, showing the curves for each illness for those aged 0-4. Maybe it is a coincidence or maybe there is some mutual impact on pediatric hospitalizations.

wilmwolf
Daviewolf83 said:

As it regards Delta and its risk to kids (it is not any more risky than any other variant), I present this Tweet:

Because any expert that tries to explain that these variants are simply a part of the natural evolution of this virus get shouted down by a loud faction of media and influential Twitter folks as not caring about their fellow humans.
TheStorm
wilmwolf80 said:

Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win the war. Another year of kids not in school and parents not working and we may not be able to recover.
They are slowly getting you indoctrinated my friend... you usually don't fall for this **** ... but now you somehow feel that you need to comply.

Masks isn't what it's all about. You know that this isn't the end.
wilmwolf
TheStorm said:

wilmwolf80 said:

They are slowly getting you indoctrinated my friend... you usually don't fall for this **** ... but now you somehow feel that you need to comply.

I'm not getting indoctrinated, I just posted on the last page than I have no intention of wearing a mask. I just feel that it could be the best option if it means kids are in schools. Kids being out of school is the roadblock keeping the country from getting on the on ramp to recovery. If kids aren't in school, parents can't work. If parents can't work, they need stimulus money. If they need stimulus money, then you can't kick them out for not paying rent, etc etc. It's the lynchpin letting them keep things in the current status quo, and the incentive to keep freaking out every time there's a new variant or new increase in cases. I'm willing to concede the bogey putt that is in the line of my birdie putt. Get the kids back in school, remove that excuse. Sure, there will be something else that comes up next in the political game, I just think that particular hill is not the one I would die on. My opinion hasn't changed, I don't think kids need to wear masks, I don't think kids are driving the spread, I don't think the Delta affects them worse, I just want people to get back to work, and I think kids in school is the first step to that.
caryking
Man, this thread has sunk directly into a **** thread! I know I've added my share of post; however, it's really just awful!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
GuerrillaPack
caryking said:

Man, this thread has sunk directly into a **** thread! I know I've added my share of post; however, it's really just awful!!
What exactly are you referring to? I like having as many perspectives and types of info/data/arguments as possible. The more, the better the discussion.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

wilmwolf80 said:

So what is all about then? When rates were low, they didn't suggest you wear themI think it's safe to assume if they'd stayed low, we would still be mask less. So what do you think will happen after this?
Steve Videtich
griff17matt said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Just yesterday was listening to an audio from a news outlet. They had an "expert" on talking about what an awful job DeSantis was doing in Florida. The guy was a public general practitioner. I'm sure he had a general understanding of virology, but no credentials to be labeled an expert. He even went on to say that people were fleeing the state and nobody wants to go there out of fear. Even said that if DeSantis ran for president, that he wouldn't even win Florida. This was a general practitioner saying all of this, being introduced as an EXPERT!
Packchem91
Steve Videtich said:

griff17matt said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Just yesterday was listening to an audio from a news outlet. They had an "expert" on talking about what an awful job DeSantis was doing in Florida. The guy was a public general practitioner. I'm sure he had a general understanding of virology, but no credentials to be labeled an expert. He even went on to say that people were fleeing the state and nobody wants to go there out of fear. Even said that if DeSantis ran for president, that he wouldn't even win Florida. This was a general practitioner saying all of this, being introduced as an EXPERT!

Yeah, the tone of those comments about the attitude of the state certainly outweigh his medical opinion and tend to undo his "expertise" label, lol
GuerrillaPack
Steve Videtich said:

Lmfao. Talk about a total shill, lying hack for the Leftist/Establishment agenda. The truth is the exact opposite...as per usual with whatever the commie Lamestream media is pushing. People are FLOODING into Florida over the past year or so. Tons of people are moving there because of the actions by Desantis and the Republican legislature -- against mask mandates, against vaccine passports, etc. I'm sure Desantis real approval ratings in Florida are off the charts good, and he would easily win re-election.
Packchem91
caryking said:

Lol, this thread, for most part, exactly replicates real world debate happening, which is tense and angry and fueled with complete distrust of:
Media, government, CDC, medical officials, doctors, school boards, etc

The degree of the distrust is pretty much directly proportional to what each of those groups say. Say masks help, one side is screaming; say masks are worthless, another side screams.

It's crazy to me, this country usually pulls together in times of severe crisis (amd 600k Americans dying seems to be a crisis), but in this one, has grown further apart
packgrad
You have a remarkable lack of self awareness. Shocked that the country has grown apart just a few posts after calling someone a POS because they don't want to wear a mask in the store.
GuerrillaPack
Just read the official document for the new Raleigh mask "mandate". It has the same boilerplate language as the Durham County and Orange County mandates just passed -- with no penalties specified for noncompliance, and the same exemptions, including that businesses cannot ask for documentation/proof if you decline to wear a mask due to claiming to have a health/medical exemption.

The Raleigh declaration is actually not even really a mandate....because it explicitly states in the declaration that it is only to "encourage VOLUNTARY compliance".

See section 3 near the end...

https://raleighnc.gov/SupportPages/proclamation-require-face-coverings-indoors

Quote:

Section 3. Implementation.

The intent of this declaration is to encourage voluntary compliance with the requirements established herein by businesses and persons within the City of Raleigh. Law enforcement and other public safety and emergency management personnel are strongly encouraged to educate and encourage voluntary compliance with this order.
Steve Videtich
Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

griff17matt said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Yeah, the tone of those comments about the attitude of the state certainly outweigh his medical opinion and tend to undo his "expertise" label, lol

It also goes to the point made in the Biden thread, about the left literally saying anything they want to and nobody calls them out on it. It's disgusting!
First Page Last Page
Page 348 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.