Coronavirus

2,006,952 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
bgr3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know which businesses I will be frequenting.

A handy guide of places to avoid for those interested. Very disappointed in the PR. FWIW I am vaccinated, that isn't the point.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/list-businesses-events-requiring-vaccination-proof-masks/19824786/
Mormad
https://link.broadcaster3.medpagetoday.com/click/24735844.499626/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubWVkcGFnZXRvZGF5LmNvbS9wb3BtZWRpY2luZS96ZG9nZ21kLzk0MDAyP3hpZD1ubF9wb3BtZWRfMjAyMS0wOC0xMyZldW49ZzE4MTU1ODVkMHI/60631a67cfaad545f81507d3Cdb3292c2
GuerrillaPack
Just went into a Chipotle for lunch in Raleigh this afternoon without a mask on. No one said anything to me. I actually didn't know the order was already in effect yet. I thought it was going into effect on Monday.. Lol. I won't be complying. Businesses don't want to enforce it anyway, because they worry that the mask mandates will hurt their business.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
metcalfmafia
I went into Harris Teeter last night and Jersey Mikes today for lunch and I'd say it was 50% people wearing a mask.

Went to Red and White shop and they were enforcing masks. It's really gonna depend on the business.
Packchem91
GuerrillaPack said:

Just went into a Chipotle for lunch in Raleigh this afternoon without a mask on. No one said anything to me. I actually didn't know the order was already in effect yet. I thought it was going into effect on Monday.. Lol. I won't be complying. Businesses don't want to enforce it anyway, because they worry that the mask mandates will hurt their business.

So if the restaurant/store employee had called your unmasked, unvaccinated attention to it, you would have done what?
GuerrillaPack
Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

So if the restaurant/store employee had called your unmasked, unvaccinated attention to it, you would have done what?

Covered this on the previous page of the thread. All you have to do is claim you qualify for a health exemption under the order - such as having asthma or another condition that makes it difficult for you to breathe with a mask on. Under the order the business cannot ask you for documentation to prove that you qualify for the exemption. You are essentially on the "honor system". Also, wearing a mask for a long period of time is proven to lower your blood oxygen levels. That is a legitimate enough reason for anyone to qualify for a health exemption.

I bet most businesses are not going to try to enforce these mandates, and won't even say anything. They want your business, and don't want to alienate customers. And many know this is all a fraud anyway.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Packchem91
GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Covered this on the previous page of the thread. All you have to do is claim you qualify for a health exemption under the order - such as having asthma or another condition that makes it difficult for you to breathe with a mask on. Under the order the business cannot ask you for documentation to prove that you qualify for the exemption. You are essentially on the "honor system". Also, wearing a mask for a long period of time is proven to lower your blood oxygen levels. That is a legitimate enough reason for anyone to qualify for a health exemption.

I bet most businesses are not going to try to enforce these mandates, and won't even say anything. They want your business, and don't want to alienate customers. And many know this is all a fraud anyway.

Lol, so the guy with a bible verse as his signature would carry his more likely to transmit the disease self into a business AND then purposely lie about it.
Makes sense. And yet you wonder why the world "hateth you".
GuerrillaPack
Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Lol, so the guy with a bible verse as his signature would carry his more likely to transmit the disease self into a business AND then purposely lie about it.

Don't get all but hurt because I won't comply with the Satanic communist tyranny you apparently are in love with.

I just told you that lowering my blood oxygen level is a legitimate reason to not wear a mask. I'm not lying.
Daviewolf83
Just got back from Crabtree Mall and a furniture store. At the mall, I would estimate 85-90% were wearing masks. I did see a few people in the stores without masks and they were having no trouble getting people to help them. At the Apple store, they had an employee at the front of the store who had a box of masks and would ask people entering without one to put one on. At the furniture store, it was 100% mask wearing by everyone I saw in the store - employees and customers.
Packchem91
GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Don't get all but hurt because I won't comply with the Satanic communist tyranny you apparently are in love with.

I just told you that lowering my blood oxygen level is a legitimate reason to not wear a mask. I'm not lying.

Sorry, I believe you are 100% lying, and that it is a POS move. And particularly hypocritical. It would be laughably so, except the subject matter isn't really laughable.
GuerrillaPack
And I hope people like you hate me...because of the fact that I reject this Satanic communist world system and agenda, and stand up for what is true and right according to God. If people who support this wicked Leftist totalitarian system and agenda were to approve of my beliefs, then there is something seriously wrong with me and what I believe.
Packchem91
Daviewolf83 said:

Just got back from Crabtree Mall and a furniture store. At the mall, I would estimate 85-90% were wearing masks. I did see a few people in the stores without masks and they were having no trouble getting people to help them. At the Apple store, they had an employee at the front of the store who had a box of masks and would ask people entering without one to put one on. At the furniture store, it was 100% mask wearing by everyone I saw in the store - employees and customers.

Dude, furniture stores are most certainly not worth masking up!!
Packchem91
GuerrillaPack said:

And I hope people like you hate me...because of the fact that I reject this Satanic communist world system and agenda, and stand up for what is true and right according to God. If people who support this wicked Leftist totalitarian system and agenda were to approve of my beliefs, then there is something seriously wrong with me and what I believe.

I don't hate you. I think you have every right to dislike the rules and the "preventative treatments". If you'd said you turned around and walked out, I'd have no issue with that. But when you choose to completely ignore science and medicine, and you lie about your conditions, then you're making a POS move in this case.
And my opinion here, but to do so, is about as non-Christian as can be..which makes it particularly weird for you to lament others Satanic ways
GuerrillaPack
Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Sorry, I believe you are 100% lying, and that it is a POS move. And particularly hypocritical. It would be laughably so, except the subject matter isn't really laughable.

It's 100% absolutely NOT a lie. Wearing a mask IS harmful to my health, and for anyone. It is proven to lower your blood oxygen level, as you are breathing in your exhaled CO2. And wearing a mask in this heat will only make it even more harmful. You will get noticeably light-headed wearing a mask in this heat, not getting sufficient oxygen.

I'm in no way being hypocritical, because I have said from the very beginning in March 2020 that this whole "covid" charade is a scam to bring in a totalitarian agenda.

If you want to find the REAL hypocrites on covid and mask-wearing, look to Leftist elites and politicians like Obama who mandate and tell us to wear masks and then defy their own orders and are caught out partying it up without wearing masks.
Daviewolf83
As the NCDHHS updates from yesterday, the graph below has been updated to show the latest daily hospitalizations by age group, comparing the Summer Wave to the Winter Wave. Please note the number of daily admits for those 17 and under continues to be slightly lower than it was in the Winter Wave. So, no kids are not being hospitalized now than they were for the Winter Wave.

Also, the age group contributing the highest number of daily hospitalizations continues to be the 50-59 age group.

Packchem91
GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

It's 100% absolutely NOT a lie. Wearing a mask IS harmful to my health, and for anyone. It is proven to lower your blood oxygen level, as you are breathing in your exhaled CO2. And wearing a mask in this heat will only make it even more harmful. You will get noticeably light-headed wearing a mask in this heat, not getting sufficient oxygen.

I'm in no way being hypocritical, because I have said from the very beginning in March 2020 that this whole "covid" charade is a scam to bring in a totalitarian agenda.

If you want to find the REAL hypocrites on covid and mask-wearing, look to Leftist elites and politicians like Obama who mandate and tell us to wear masks and then defy their own orders and are caught out partying it up without wearing masks.

No, I'm looking right at you, "Mr I'm a Christian, but I'm gonna put myself above everyone else, and I'll justify that anyway I can"

I guess you'll never elect to be operated on because the doctors and nurses would wear masks, and you wouldn't want one of them to pass out while doing so. See how stupid that sounds?

Of course you do, but it's not about what is right, it's about your misplaced sense of "your rights".

Mormad
Please, guys, don't believe that masks reduce oxygen and increase CO2. You can hate masks ask you want and believe they have no effect on the pandemic. I don't care. That's just fun banter to me. I'll be happy to explain the physiology of this if needed. Does anybody really believe it's unsafe to operate for hours in a mask and yet unsafe to walk in a business with one for a few minutes? Or that these masks are permeable to viruses but not oxygen and carbon dioxide? Something our bodies control very well thru respiration? And our hemoglobin completely saturates at 13-15% oxygen at the alveolar level.
Daviewolf83
The graph below shows the latest vaccination rates by age group for North Carolina. Please note the very small vaccination rates for those age 12-17. Yes, they have had less time to get vaccinated, but the graph is not changing very rapidly in this area. For all the fear mongering and hyperbole by the media, you would think vaccination rates for this age group would be higher.

GuerrillaPack
Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

No, I'm looking right at you, "Mr I'm a Christian, but I'm gonna put myself above everyone else, and I'll justify that anyway I can"

I guess you'll never elect to be operated on because the doctors and nurses would wear masks, and you wouldn't want one of them to pass out while doing so. See how stupid that sounds?

Of course you do, but it's not about what is right, it's about your misplaced sense of "your rights".

People who do not get the magic injections or decline to wear a face diaper are NOT harming anyone else. First of all, because this "covid" is one big scam and in reality just the seasonal flu re-branded.

Secondly, if someone else falsely believes they are "threatened" by an un-jabbed or non-masked person, isn't the vaccine that they took and the mask they are wearing "protecting" them? Or are you admitting that the injections and masks don't protect those who have them?
griff17matt
Mormad said:

Please, guys, don't believe that masks reduce oxygen and increase CO2. You can hate masks ask you want and believe they have no effect on the pandemic. I don't care. That's just fun banter to me. I'll be happy to explain the physiology of this if needed. Does anybody really believe it's unsafe to operate for hours in a mask and yet unsafe to walk in a business with one for a few minutes? Or that these masks are permeable to viruses but not oxygen and carbon dioxide? Something our bodies control very well thru respiration? And our hemoglobin completely saturates at 13-15% oxygen at the alveolar level.

Pssh, like I believe your Satanic "science" and big words...
ncsupack1
Thanks for sharing this information, I always look forward to reading and seeing this.
packgrad
Lol. Now not wearing a mask is a POS move and anti Christian. So ridiculous. Cult.
bgr3
GuerrillaPack said:

"Thus the state never intentionally confronts a man's sense, intellectual or moral, but only his body, his senses. It is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength. I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest."
Daviewolf83
Here is the latest graph, showing the 14-day average percentage of hospitalized Covid-19 patients who are in ICU. While ICU utilization has definitely increased recently, the 14-day average for the percentage of those patients who are in the ICU has remained 25%. This percentage has remained constant from when I posted the percentage last week. Historically, for the entire pandemic, the average percentage for those who are hospitalized and in ICU is 27%.

bgr3
Mormad said:

When prominent people spend the better part of two years (that we have seen) manipulating "science" to their preferred policy preferences, one ought not be surprised to watch others respond in kind.

The public didn't tell public health officials to light their credibility on fire over and over to help their preferred political side.

You seem reasonable enough so I assume you can see that what I am illustrating is not my preferred outcome but is rather the inevitable conclusion of what has transpired since the beginning of last year.
TheStorm
GuerrillaPack said:

Because it will. There will be plenty of alternatives that are not going to fall prey to the virtue signaling, cancel culture idiots.
GuerrillaPack
griff17matt said:

Mormad said:

I'm aware that there is now a blitzkrieg of "studies" now supposedly showing that prolonged mask-wearing does not lower oxygen levels. However, it is propaganda to push masking, similar to the big "change in science" and plethora of new "studies" that came out in April/May of 2020 supposedly "proving" that masks are now found to "protect against transmission of disease"...when for the past several decades numerous studies had proved that masks did NOT protect against this.

There is not some "consensus" in the medical/scientific community that masks do "not" lower oxygen levels. There are many studies that show that masks DO lower oxygen levels, and many doctors who recognize these studies and acknowledge that mask-wearing does lower oxygen levels. Here is one such article citing the studies and doctors who acknowledge this.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/could-wearing-a-mask-for-long-periods-be-detrimental-to-health-628400

Quote:

Could wearing a mask for long periods be detrimental to health?

Retired neurosurgeon Dr. Russell Blaylock has highlighted a number of studies linking prolonged mask use to headaches and lowered blood oxygen levels, which can weaken the immune system.

Could the requirement to wear masks in public to prevent the spread of the coronavirus be doing more harm than good to people's health?

A retired neurosurgeon believes so, pointing toward studies which found that wearing masks for prolonged periods can cause serious side effects.

In an article published by Technocracy News, Dr. Russell Blaylock wrote that the side effects from prolonged wearing of a face mask "can vary from headaches to increased airway resistance, carbon dioxide accumulation, to hypoxia, all the way to serious life-threatening complications."

[...]

He highlighted one study of 212 healthcare workers who were asked to report on the presence of headaches while using the N95 mask, including the duration of the headache, the type of headache, and whether they had pre-existing headaches. The study found that around a third of workers developed headaches when using the N95 mask, the majority had pre-existing headaches that were made worse by the use of the mask, and around three in five required pain medication to relieve the headache.

And although tight straps or pressure from the mask were considered as potential causes, the evidence pointed to the headaches being caused by reduced blood oxygenation, or an increase in carbon dioxide in the blood.

"It is known that the N95 mask, if worn for hours, can reduce blood oxygenation as much as 20%," Blaylock wrote. This, he said, "can lead to a loss of consciousness, as happened to the hapless fellow driving around alone in his car wearing an N95 mask, causing him to pass out, and to crash his car and sustain injuries. I am sure that we have several cases of elderly individuals or any person with poor lung function passing out, hitting their head. This, of course, can lead to death."

A more recent study of 159 healthcare workers between the ages of 21 and 35 found that 81% developed headaches through the use of face masks, to the level at which their work performance was affected.

A third study measured the blood oxygen of 53 surgeons using an oximeter before and after surgery.

"The researchers found that the mask reduced the blood oxygen levels (pa02) significantly. The longer the duration of wearing the mask, the greater the fall in blood oxygen levels," Blaylock wrote.
Mormad
Oh i understand.

It's funny, i was just at Costco wearing a mask like a good boy since they asked us to, and walking around i felt like i was going to suffocate. And it was hot. So maybe GP has a point!
TheStorm
Daviewolf83 said:

As the NCDHHS updates from yesterday, the graph below has been updated to show the latest daily hospitalizations by age group, comparing the Summer Wave to the Winter Wave. Please note the number of daily admits for those 17 and under continues to be slightly lower than it was in the Winter Wave. So, no kids are not being hospitalized now than they were for the Winter Wave.

Also, the age group contributing the highest number of daily hospitalizations continues to be the 50-59 age group.

Unfortunately, SOME PEOPLE on this thread will completely ignore this information and that's VERY, VERY, DISAPPOINTING...
wilmwolf
I have no clue what the science says, but having worn a mask for the better part of 15 months until the statewide mandates were ended, working a job that requires physical exertion, in the North Carolina heat, I can say that it freaking sucks. As a fully vaccinated, otherwise mostly healthy person, I'll take my chances with the Delta, Omega, zeta variants without a mask thanks.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Mormad
GuerrillaPack said:

griff17matt said:

Mormad said:

I'm aware that there is now a blitzkrieg of "studies" now supposedly showing that prolonged mask-wearing does not lower oxygen levels. However, it is propaganda to push masking, similar to the big "change in science" and plethora of new "studies" that came out in April/May of 2020 supposedly "proving" that masks are now found to "protect against transmission of disease"...when for the past several decades numerous studies had proved that masks did NOT protect against this.

There is not some "consensus" in the medical/scientific community that masks do "not" lower oxygen levels. There are many studies that show that masks DO lower oxygen levels, and many doctors who recognize these studies and acknowledge that mask-wearing does lower oxygen levels. Here is one such article citing the studies and doctors who acknowledge this.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/could-wearing-a-mask-for-long-periods-be-detrimental-to-health-628400

Quote:

Retired neurosurgeon Dr. Russell Blaylock has highlighted a number of studies linking prolonged mask use to headaches and lowered blood oxygen levels, which can weaken the immune system.

Could the requirement to wear masks in public to prevent the spread of the coronavirus be doing more harm than good to people's health?

A retired neurosurgeon believes so, pointing toward studies which found that wearing masks for prolonged periods can cause serious side effects.

In an article published by Technocracy News, Dr. Russell Blaylock wrote that the side effects from prolonged wearing of a face mask "can vary from headaches to increased airway resistance, carbon dioxide accumulation, to hypoxia, all the way to serious life-threatening complications."

[...]

He highlighted one study of 212 healthcare workers who were asked to report on the presence of headaches while using the N95 mask, including the duration of the headache, the type of headache, and whether they had pre-existing headaches. The study found that around a third of workers developed headaches when using the N95 mask, the majority had pre-existing headaches that were made worse by the use of the mask, and around three in five required pain medication to relieve the headache.

And although tight straps or pressure from the mask were considered as potential causes, the evidence pointed to the headaches being caused by reduced blood oxygenation, or an increase in carbon dioxide in the blood.

"It is known that the N95 mask, if worn for hours, can reduce blood oxygenation as much as 20%," Blaylock wrote. This, he said, "can lead to a loss of consciousness, as happened to the hapless fellow driving around alone in his car wearing an N95 mask, causing him to pass out, and to crash his car and sustain injuries. I am sure that we have several cases of elderly individuals or any person with poor lung function passing out, hitting their head. This, of course, can lead to death."

A more recent study of 159 healthcare workers between the ages of 21 and 35 found that 81% developed headaches through the use of face masks, to the level at which their work performance was affected.

A third study measured the blood oxygen of 53 surgeons using an oximeter before and after surgery.

"The researchers found that the mask reduced the blood oxygen levels (pa02) significantly. The longer the duration of wearing the mask, the greater the fall in blood oxygen levels," Blaylock wrote.

Lol ok. Now list the ones that show masks have no effect on oxygenation levels.

Funny thing, this internet. You can find support for any argument, no matter how wrong.

But it's cool. How do we rebreathe the CO2 selectively over the O2 that must also get caught up in the dead space of impermeable mask? Wouldn't that keep our O2 levels higher just like you're suggesting our CO2 levels climb? What happens if your PCO2 climbs to 45 from rebreathing CO2? What happens to oxygen saturation if your oxygen level in the air drops 50%? What would your PO2 be? Is that level harmful? Does a mask reduce oxygen availability by 50%? And yet have no effect on viral inoculation? Those masks are tricky little guys
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Seriously. What the **** is your problem?!? You can be SOOOO INSUFFERABLE sometimes for someone of your intelligence. It's GP. If you don't like what he's saying just f'n ignore it.

You've crossed the line of reasonable debate here in your last 3-4 posts. So I'm just going to point that out to you as well, while you are railing against something you shouldn't even be responding to.

C'mon man... you know that you are better than that.

Now that being said, I would have have my iPhone12 in my hands and walked right past that guy at the Apple store. If he came after me, I'd have something different than an iPhone (and the rest of my lines on my Verizon Business Account with 15-20 lines) within the next couple of days and made sure that both he and his manager knew their names would be passed forward in an email that same day.

That is how people need to work it.
GuerrillaPack
Mormad said:

GuerrillaPack said:

griff17matt said:

Mormad said:

Quote:

[...]

Funny thing, this internet. You can find support for any argument, no matter how wrong.

But it's cool. How do we rebreathe the CO2 selectively over the O2 that must also get caught up in the dead space of impermeable mask? Wouldn't that keep our O2 levels higher just like you're suggesting our CO2 levels climb? What happens if your PCO2 climbs to 45 from rebreathing CO2? What happens to oxygen saturation if your oxygen level in the air drops 50%? What would your PO2 be? Is that level harmful? Does a mask reduce oxygen availability by 50%? And yet have no effect on viral inoculation? Those masks are tricky little guys
Yeah, funny thing about the internet...Google and the other "big boys" in Big Tech are openly and admittedly RIGGING the search results on virtually every important issue to promote the Establishment/Leftist/communist agenda.

I acknowledged that there are now a plethora of articles and new "studies" that advocate the view that masks do "not" lower oxygen levels. I just did the internet search and saw for myself prior to posting that article from the Jerusalem Post. So I know how hard it is to find the truth on communist Big Tech's rigged search engines.
wilmwolf
As for kids wearing masks in schools, my two cents is that priority number one is having kids in schools. If that means they have to wear masks to satisfy the Twitter brigades, it sucks, but it's better than virtual learning. Kids need to be in schools so parents can go to work.

With that said, if they are going the mask route in schools, then there should not be any stoppages or quarantines if there are positive tests. If we are all in on the masks protect kids train, then that's that. There has to be an end game. The cycle of quarantines and mask mandates has to stop somewhere.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
TheStorm
Mormad said:

GuerrillaPack said:

griff17matt said:

Mormad said:

Quote:

[...]

I would expect you to be above this as well.

But, those masks apparently saved millions of lives over those first 15 months, which you of all people 100% know isn't true.

Big picture here people.
First Page Last Page
Page 347 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.