Coronavirus

2,010,158 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackPA2015 said:

packgrad said:

PackPA2015 said:

packgrad said:

Thanks for the update.
When should I expect the funds you are sending me?
Most had no preexisting conditions? 50% of people 45-64 have multiple chronic conditions. Are you still hanging on to the hearsay that they had none or one preexisting condition?

When should I expect your funds?
6/16 had more than 1 chronic medical problem. So, yes, that is most patients with 1 chronic medical problem or less which is a shift from the winter wave.

ETA: I take cash, check, card, or money order.

63% of your Covid patients aged 40-55 have 1 or less chronic issues. Yeah. I don't believe your numbers. Sorry. I don't think you're lying. I'm sure someone told you that. The CDC also tells us bull**** I don't believe.
Ripper
PackPA2015 said:

packgrad said:

PackPA2015 said:

packgrad said:

Thanks for the update.
Most had no preexisting conditions? 50% of people 45-64 have multiple chronic conditions. Are you still hanging on to the hearsay that they had none or one preexisting condition?

6/16 had more than 1 chronic medical problem. So, yes, that is most patients with 1 chronic medical problem or less which is a shift from the winter wave.

Did the other 10 have 1 chronic medical problem? Or are you implying that the other 10 were 100% healthy? How many 100% healthy people are hospitalized for Covid? People with zero medical issues?

Of the 9 over 55 were any of them under 65 and completely healthy?

I'm trying to get transparent info.
statefan91
Hoping the Delta takes a nosedive the same way it has with UK, India before this gets out of control.

Daviewolf83
statefan91 said:

Hoping the Delta takes a nosedive the same way it has with UK, India before this gets out of control.

It believe it will. I believe our cases will peak in the next 3-4 weeks and then start a gradual decline through the end of September. This is the Summer wave many of us expected, combined with the Delta variant.
Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

packgrad said:

You should wear a mask inside if you're vaccinated and have children under 12. Science.

Illusion of control is a hell of a drug.
What if the immunocompromised person is fully vaccinated and has antibodies present? I love these one size, fits all protocols.
bgr3
Remember everyone, it's just 15 days to flatten the curve.
Daviewolf83
NCDHHS updated the hospitalization demographics today and there is now data through 7/23. With this new data, you can definitely see the trend in this Summer wave to a younger age group being hospitalized. These numbers do not reflect those people who visited an ER. They represent those people who were "admitted" to the hospital. It is becoming more clear that the 50-59 age group is the leading age group for this wave, compared to the 70-79 age group that lead the Winter wave.

We should get another update later this week and I expect it to continue to show the trend to a younger population being affected by the Summer wave.

PackPA2015
Ripper said:

PackPA2015 said:

packgrad said:

PackPA2015 said:

packgrad said:

Thanks for the update.

Did the other 10 have 1 chronic medical problem? Or are you implying that the other 10 were 100% healthy? How many 100% healthy people are hospitalized for Covid? People with zero medical issues?

Of the 9 over 55 were any of them under 65 and completely healthy?

I'm trying to get transparent info.
I'll try to answer your and Packgrad's questions/concerns in the same post so I am not clogging up the thread.

I don't have the exact number on which of the 10 had 1 chronic medical problem or 0, just that these 10 were considered healthier than the typical hospitalized COVID patient that we are used to seeing (obese with 2-3 or more chronic medical issues). Oldest patient is 80+.

The ones over 55 were not completely healthy. This group tended to have 2 or more chronic medical issues or were obese or a combination of those things.

It goes back to what Davie and Mormad are saying. It is not illogical to think that COVID is now hitting those that tend to be unvaccinated harder than the older group that tends to be more vaccinated. We were predicting that this would happen. Mormad is seeing this in his hospital system as well. We do think this summer surge though will be somewhat quick lived and no where near what it was in summer 2020 based on vaccination rates and the studies of the delta variant in other countries. And then most of us assume we are healthier than we really are. The American diet tends to lead to obesity, high BP, high cholesterol, diabetes, or a combination of all of those. We don't exercise enough or drink enough water. We drink and smoke and not think twice about it.

I have no reason to believe this provider would be fudging or lying about the data. We have been good friends for a while and she gains nothing by doing so.
statefan91
Daviewolf83 said:

statefan91 said:

It believe it will. I believe our cases will peak in the next 3-4 weeks and then start a gradual decline through the end of September. This is the Summer wave many of us expected, combined with the Delta variant.
Thanks - really frustrating that this coincides with the start of school. My son already missed a TK year at his school and I don't want him to have to start his K year virtual because that will be a disaster.
packwest
Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

Interesting point, but the huge hole in the argument is the then assumed admission despite the assumed lack of admission criteria. Doubt these folks who come to the ED with some level of hysteria or hypochondriasis are admitted based on that fear with a lack of objective findings. The hospital would lose its shirt, and nobody wants these people in the hospital. These patients are already money losers and put the 38% unvaxxed staff at significant risk and vaxxed staff at some small risk. When their vaxxed (and unvaxxed) docs start missing work for even mild cases, their revenues take an even larger hit. Lose lose... These people aren't getting admitted because they're scared. They just fill the ED unnecessarily.

Are hospitals not admitting and evaluating patients in the ED that show up to the hospital with shortness of breath, coughing, and a positive Covid test (that's what I mean by talking themselves into symptoms).

They're evaluating them in the ED yes, and only admitting those that meet certain admission criteria, like hypoxemia. Getting seen in the ED because you're scared ain't the same as meeting admission criteria.

So they're not counted in the Covid hospitalization numbers?

No. An ED evaluation is an encounter. An admission is a hospitalization.

If you go to the ED with an ankle, and the x-rays are negative, and they wrap it and send you home, were you hospitalized?
Sadly, because of shortages in some areas of NC, people with hypoxemia are being turned away and sent home with instructions to come back only if it gets worse. People being admitted are pretty bad off.
GuerrillaPack
bgr3 said:

2 years to flatten the economy and our civil liberties
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Wayland
Daviewolf83 said:

statefan91 said:

So here is Springfield, Missouri. One of the earlier Delta places (which interestingly did not have one of those April Alpha surges).

As I mentioned earlier, we may be getting the first areas of the U.S. starting to roll over Delta/Summer seasonal. Hope we see it elsewhere.

bgr3
GuerrillaPack said:

bgr3 said:

2 years to flatten the economy and our civil liberties
Only a matter of time before the next variant of agitprop drops.
statefan91

Yeah, this just doesn't seem feasible. You're going to have people that haven't been vaccinated and unlikely to wear masks continuing to not wear masks, and vaccinated people that were OK with masks being discouraged for being asked to put it on again.
TheStorm
I can definitively tell you that I will not be putting one on... any place that requires one is going to go out of business where I live.
Wayland
TheStorm said:

I can definitively tell you that I will not be putting one on... any place that requires one is going to go out of business where I live.
Will see to what degree this catches on.

It feels like deep cover for the teachers unions to get kids masked in schools in the fall.
Daviewolf83
statefan91 said:

Yeah, this just doesn't seem feasible. You're going to have people that haven't been vaccinated and unlikely to wear masks continuing to not wear masks, and vaccinated people that were OK with masks being discouraged for being asked to put it on again.
So, what they are saying is - "Vaccines do not work to protect you." This is the message they are sending with these ridiculous pronouncements and policies. They are just making stuff up as they go along and continue to lose any credibility they may have had at one time.
packgrad
Wayland
Wayland said:

Daviewolf83 said:

statefan91 said:

So here is Springfield, Missouri. One of the earlier Delta places (which interestingly did not have one of those April Alpha surges).

As I mentioned earlier, we may be getting the first areas of the U.S. starting to roll over Delta/Summer seasonal. Hope we see it elsewhere.

Is Nevada rolling over too?

Trying to get a good look at Arkansas
Daviewolf83
I agree with the following tweet - 100%. Alicia is someone people should follow, if you do not do so already.

wolfman18
Daviewolf83 said:

statefan91 said:

So, what they are saying is - "Vaccines do not work to protect you." This is the message they are sending with these ridiculous pronouncements and policies. They are just making stuff up as they go along and continue to lose any credibility they may have had at one time.
Yep, and the people that were on the edge of getting the vaccine are probably not going to do so. But hey, this paper cloth on your face will save you!
Ripper
LOL. Flimsy masks for a virus that is made up of micro particle aerosols. LOL.
acslater1344
get vaccinated dummies!
packgrad
GuerrillaPack
acslater1344 said:

get vaccinated dummies!
Wow...I didn't want to get jabbed with the poison, but you insulting me and calling me names has really changed my mind.

I tell you what...I'll donate my 3 shots (booster included) to you. Hell, with all the "stupid" anti-vaxxers extra shots, you could probably take 30 shots per month. That should make you about 10 times more "healthy" and protected, right?
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
BBW12OG
acslater1344 said:

get vaccinated dummies!
Spoken like a good little lefty sheep.

Way to express your opinion comrade. Lucky that you are protected. If a Conservative would have said something like that they would have been banned.

But, you do you. Better run along. It's playtime in the meadow and you don't want to miss your herd!

"Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Please tell me how to think, what to say and how to live my life. I don't want to make those hard decisions for myself..."
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Wayland
Wayland said:

So what is going on in Meck with 3x the Wake hospital admissions (with roughly the same population)?

From the HHS data set as of 7/22
Confirmed COVID Admissions last 7 days
Mecklenburg 55
Guilford 43
Cumberland 28
Robeson 22
Moore 22
Surry 22
Durham 22
Forsyth 21
New Hanover 20
Wake 18

Looking at the NC DHHS Site, Meck looks like it is going straight up. CapRAC showing increase, but not quite the same. Then again, Meck and Triad always seem to surge harder.

HHS Dataset Updated:
From the HHS data set as of 7/27 - Confirmed COVID Admissions Last 7 Days (Change from 7/22)
Mecklenburg 93 (+38)
Guilford 44 (+1)
Forsyth 33 (+11)
Robeson 30 (+8)
Moore 29 (+7)
Cumberland 29 (+1)
New Hanover 26 (+6)
Cabarrus 25 (N/A)
Surry 25 (+3)
Catawba 21 (N/A)
Wake 21 (+3)
Pitt 21 (N/A)

Again, the change in 7 Day Value for Meck is off the charts (Durham actually dropped a couple)
TheStorm
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

So what is going on in Meck with 3x the Wake hospital admissions (with roughly the same population)?

Mecklenburg 55
Guilford 43
Cumberland 28
Robeson 22
Moore 22
Surry 22
Durham 22
Forsyth 21
New Hanover 20
Wake 18

Looking at the NC DHHS Site, Meck looks like it is going straight up. CapRAC showing increase, but not quite the same. Then again, Meck and Triad always seem to surge harder.

HHS Dataset Updated:
From the HHS data set as of 7/27 - Confirmed COVID Admissions Last 7 Days (Change from 7/22)
Mecklenburg 93 (+38)
Guilford 44 (+1)
Forsyth 33 (+11)
Robeson 30 (+8)
Moore 29 (+7)
Cumberland 29 (+1)
New Hanover 26 (+6)
Cabarrus 25 (N/A)
Surry 25 (+3)
Catawba 21 (N/A)
Wake 21 (+3)
Pitt 21 (N/A)

Again, the change in 7 Day Value for Meck is off the charts (Durham actually dropped a couple)
Gotta be those rural counties within driving distance... couldn't have anything to do with it being a major population center.
BBW12OG
I thought it was only GOP Conservative rube anti-vaxxers that were causing the surge???? Damn sure is the narrative that the MSM propaganda machine of the MARXIST/COMMUNIST PARTY is pushing. Those top counties damn sure are GOP...

Also... pay attention to how they are all targeting Florida now as the "hot spot" for the entire country. Governor DeSantis has them shaking in their boots. Zero "high risk" areas in New York...but the entire state of Florida is?

Sleepy Joe has been busing illegal immigrants to Florida for months. Wonder why Covid is increasing there? The lefties have one goal and one goal only. Absolute power.

And any of you on here that support that...well....I'll keep that opinion to myself.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
GuerrillaPack
BBW12OG said:

Sleepy Joe has been busing illegal immigrants to Florida for months. Wonder why Covid is increasing there? The lefties have one goal and one goal only. Absolute power.

Another "glitch in the Matrix" that exposes this all as a fraud.

Covid is supposedly the most deadly virus in the history of mankind, and a worldwide crisis greater than the Black Death of the Middle Ages...and yet...the border is still wide open and the treasonous Feds are rolling out the red carpet for hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens pouring across the border, and then quietly bussing and flying them all over the country.

The Feds sure aren't worried about those illegals spreading covid. Almost makes you wonder if they are actually worried about covid AT ALL. Almost makes you wonder if this is all one big hoax, and the virus is actually not that big of a threat.
TheStorm
Ripper said:

LOL. Flimsy masks for a virus that is made up of micro particle aerosols. LOL.
But they worked so good the first time around!?!
Ripper
The Biden administration shipping the flood of illegals all across the country is disgusting. The conservative (not politics) estimate is that 8 to 10 percent of the illegals have Coronavirus. This is a sick and devious maneuver.
Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Mecklenburg 55
Guilford 43
Cumberland 28
Robeson 22
Moore 22
Surry 22
Durham 22
Forsyth 21
New Hanover 20
Wake 18

HHS Dataset Updated:
Mecklenburg 93 (+38)
Guilford 44 (+1)
Forsyth 33 (+11)
Robeson 30 (+8)
Moore 29 (+7)
Cumberland 29 (+1)
New Hanover 26 (+6)
Cabarrus 25 (N/A)
Surry 25 (+3)
Catawba 21 (N/A)
Wake 21 (+3)
Pitt 21 (N/A)

Strange. I do think the Mech hospitals are getting patients from other counties and from South Carolina as well. I checked and in Mech county, their vaccination rates are above the county averages for every county in NC. Currently, 52% of Mech population (state avg for counties is 42%) are partially vaccinated and 48% (state avg for counties is 40%) of the Mech population is fully vaccinated.
wilmwolf
A large portion of the new admits in New Hanover are from neighboring Columbus County.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wayland
CDC cites rejected India study on Delta breakthrough -> Internet notes the Peer Review Rejection -> Peer Review Rejection Removed from Website.

Science!

First Page Last Page
Page 321 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.