Coronavirus

2,007,611 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mdreid said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

mdreid said:

Not at all surprising.

You do realize how this is VERY different from what we're talking about, right?
yes, just saw it and thought it was worth sharing, saw another twitter thread about multiple people posting the exact word for word script about just leaving their ER but i decided i'd leave that for Guerilla lol

Well, ****, now you have to share it.
Mormad
packgrad said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

mdreid said:

Not at all surprising.

Yes. This thread is not only about what we are discussing right now.

Just making sure.
packgrad
Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

Interesting point, but the huge hole in the argument is the then assumed admission despite the assumed lack of admission criteria. Doubt these folks who come to the ED with some level of hysteria or hypochondriasis are admitted based on that fear with a lack of objective findings. The hospital would lose its shirt, and nobody wants these people in the hospital. These patients are already money losers and put the 38% unvaxxed staff at significant risk and vaxxed staff at some small risk. When their vaxxed (and unvaxxed) docs start missing work for even mild cases, their revenues take an even larger hit. Lose lose... These people aren't getting admitted because they're scared. They just fill the ED unnecessarily.

Are hospitals not admitting and evaluating patients in the ED that show up to the hospital with shortness of breath, coughing, and a positive Covid test (that's what I mean by talking themselves into symptoms).

They're evaluating them in the ED yes, and only admitting those that meet certain admission criteria, like hypoxemia. Getting seen in the ED because you're scared ain't the same as meeting admission criteria.

So they're not counted in the Covid hospitalization numbers?

No. An ED evaluation is an encounter. An admission is a hospitalization.

If you go to the ED with an ankle, and the x-rays are negative, and they wrap it and send you home, were you hospitalized?

Lol. I'm literally asking you a question. Godalmighty.
Mormad
mdreid said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

mdreid said:

Not at all surprising.

yes, just saw it and thought it was worth sharing, saw another twitter thread about multiple people posting the exact word for word script about just leaving their ER but i decided i'd leave that for Guerilla lol

Yeah, i knew you knew lol
Mormad
packgrad said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

Interesting point, but the huge hole in the argument is the then assumed admission despite the assumed lack of admission criteria. Doubt these folks who come to the ED with some level of hysteria or hypochondriasis are admitted based on that fear with a lack of objective findings. The hospital would lose its shirt, and nobody wants these people in the hospital. These patients are already money losers and put the 38% unvaxxed staff at significant risk and vaxxed staff at some small risk. When their vaxxed (and unvaxxed) docs start missing work for even mild cases, their revenues take an even larger hit. Lose lose... These people aren't getting admitted because they're scared. They just fill the ED unnecessarily.

Are hospitals not admitting and evaluating patients in the ED that show up to the hospital with shortness of breath, coughing, and a positive Covid test (that's what I mean by talking themselves into symptoms).

They're evaluating them in the ED yes, and only admitting those that meet certain admission criteria, like hypoxemia. Getting seen in the ED because you're scared ain't the same as meeting admission criteria.

If you go to the ED with an ankle, and the x-rays are negative, and they wrap it and send you home, were you hospitalized?

Lol. I'm literally answering your question and offering an easy to understand example. Godalmighty
mdreid

packgrad
Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

Lol. I'm literally answering your question and offering an easy to understand example. Godalmighty

I would count that as a hospitalization if I was taken back and evaluated. Yes. So you're saying they take patients back, evaluate the patient, run tests, and it's not counted as a Covid hospitalization?
packgrad
mdreid said:

Crazy. Reminds me of that Alabama doctor propaganda last week.
mdreid
packgrad said:

Crazy. Reminds me of that Alabama doctor propaganda last week.
yea, its most likely a bunch of bots but its still crazy to see the fear mongering
Mormad
packgrad said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

I would count that as a hospitalization if I was taken back and evaluated. Yes. So you're saying they take patients back, evaluate the patient, run tests, and it's not counted as a Covid hospitalization?

Correct.

Sorry. I swear I'm not trying to be shtty with you. That's the problem with this... No voice inflection
packgrad
Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Mormad said:

Correct.

Sorry. I swear I'm not trying to be shtty with you. That's the problem with this... No voice inflection

Got it. Think it's just a difference in terminology for you all in the profession and the rest of us. My mother in law was recently in the ER for 18+ hours for a heart issue she was having. She was ultimately discharged from the ER. To me, she was hospitalized for the day.

I don't mean this to further the argument or say you're wrong, but I still just find it hard to believe that the Covid bookkeepers aren't counting every Covid positive person that comes into the hospital as a Covid hospitalization.
Mormad
If they did that, counted every ED eval as a hospitalization, the numbers would be extraordinarily higher
packgrad
Mormad said:

If they did that, counted every ED eval as a hospitalization, the numbers would be extraordinarily higher

Interesting. A positive Covid test and symptoms (even self inflicted) would seem to be counted to me. Especially since everyone had been so afraid for the last year and a half. Also since they count deaths that weren't from Covid, but tested positive for Covid, as Covid deaths. Interesting how the books work.

Edit I added Covid positive to the previous post after you responded. Sorry. That's where I started with this line of thinking. Didn't mean to edit after you responded but I forgot to hit save.
Mormad
packgrad said:

Mormad said:

Interesting. A positive Covid test and symptoms (even self inflicted) would seem to be counted to me. Especially since everyone had been so afraid for the last year and a half. Also since they count deaths that weren't from Covid, but tested positive for Covid, as Covid deaths. Interesting how the books work.

A covid positive test goes in the data bank as a covid case

An ER visit that's sent home with covid is still just a covid positive and a hospital encounter for that hospital but not really known nationally. This is like an outpatient visit in the hospital ER setting really.

A patient meeting admission criteria and receives admission orders is a hospitalization

People are admitted with other conditions all the time and found to have covid, and still go in the data bank. Rightfully so. Do we just disregard the covid diagnosis because they were admitted for another diagnosis in the middle of a pandemic? Of course not. no reasonable health care provider/institution/agency/etc would do so. You don't have to like what idiot policy makers do with such info, but don't shoot the bookkeepers.

The other issue with the constant distrust of changing numbers or concern over WITH covid vs FROM covid: sometimes people die or have complications that could be attributed to EITHER covid OR the underlying condition or illness. And it's very difficult to determine the cause, and it may only be known after an autopsy some time later and reporting may be quite delayed. It's not nefarious or fear mongering in the majority of cases. The people involved have no impetus to do so.

Real Examples: dude loses consciousness and wrecks his car suffering horrible injuries and found to be covid positive on admission. Would be have passed out and wrecked without covid? We'll never know. He was intubated for a prolonged period. Was that pulmonary contusions or covid? Should he not be counted as a covid admission? He's certainly also a trauma admission.

Dude's admitted with a heart attack. He's found to be sick from covid. A big ass fatty meal can cause a heart attack. Exercise can. But covid can't? It just seems ridiculous for us to complain about covid counts among those admitted FOR covid vs those admitted WITH covid without knowledge of specific circumstances around each admission.
packgrad
It's not ridiculous at all when those numbers are used to justify ridiculous policy.
Daviewolf83
I suspected this was coming and I do expect other schools to follow the same policy of requiring media members covering live athletic events to be vaccinated. Notre Dame is also implementing the same policy. Since I am fully vaccinated, I am hopeful this will make it easier for me to return to the sidelines for some of State's sporting events this year. I have not photographed any State events for IPS, since the ACC tournament was shutdown in March of 2020, due to Covid restrictions on media and photographers.

By the way - this is not a violation of HIPAA rules and Wake being a private school, they can definitely make this requirement.

DrummerboyWolf
Daviewolf83 said:

I suspected this was coming and I do expect other schools to follow the same policy of requiring media members covering live athletic events to be vaccinated. Notre Dame is also implementing the same policy. Since I am fully vaccinated, I am hopeful this will make it easier for me to return to the sidelines for some of State's sporting events this year. I have not photographed any State events, since the ACC tournament was shutdown in March of 2020.

By the way - this is not a violation of HIPAA rules and Wake being a private school, they can definitely make this requirement.

But is it a violation of the first amendment? We are getting into totalitarian issues that are not allowed under the Constitution and also discrimination against unvaccinated members of the press and possibly fans. I bet there will be challenges to this.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Daviewolf83
DrummerboyWolf said:

Daviewolf83 said:

I suspected this was coming and I do expect other schools to follow the same policy of requiring media members covering live athletic events to be vaccinated. Notre Dame is also implementing the same policy. Since I am fully vaccinated, I am hopeful this will make it easier for me to return to the sidelines for some of State's sporting events this year. I have not photographed any State events, since the ACC tournament was shutdown in March of 2020.

But is it a violation of the first amendment? We are getting into totalitarian issues that are not allowed under the Constitution and also discrimination against unvaccinated members of the press and possibly fans. I bet there will be challenges to this.
Private school and as such, it is not a violation of the First Amendment. I expect Duke to implement a similar policy this Fall, along with a lot of other private schools.
TheStorm
wilmwolf80 said:

I'm just surprised there are so many republican school teachers in NYC.
Yep. and we also know that for those of voting age that the younger in general the higher percentage of Republicans... *in reference to the charts.
TheStorm
Wayland said:

Also, continuing with my half ass charts.

Noticed that this one didn't even draw a response...
TheStorm
Mormad said:

We have 23 admitted, 2 in ER, and 9 in icu, none intubated
Mormad, follow up questions if you get a chance... a) any information on length of the average hospitalization, and b) what is Cone seeing in regards to deaths (what would be the expectation out of the 9 in ICU for example). Thanks and I appreciate these updates. Always very helpful, because at least I can be confident that it is actual, real data.
Wayland
TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

Also, continuing with my half ass charts.

Noticed that this one didn't even draw a response...
I mean, I certainly expect it to turn up some. But it is interesting that the April/Alpha wave caused more of a death plateau than increase.

Based on case count change alone (and that the numbers are so low), I can't see how we don't start seeing some sort of spike in the next week or so in deaths.
Oldsouljer
packgrad said:

It's not ridiculous at all when those numbers are used to justify ridiculous policy.
Which we're hearing is becoming an issue with Britain's NHS. You check in with a heart problem, ONLY at admission do you get the automatic COVID check, and once you get a positive, voila! You're a COVID admission even as the docs continue to work on your heart complaint.
Mormad
Deaths way down. None of these in the icu are ventilated, so I suspect unless there's an unexpected complication or crash then no deaths should come of them? I guess you never know, but hopefully they'll be fine.

Have a buddy who owns a business here who couldn't be vaxxed because of renal disease. He is positive and passed it to all but 2 of his employees and his wife. She and half the employees were vaxxed. I think they all have mild symptoms, but he's really struggling even though he's still at home. Business completely shut down. Please keep him in y'all's thoughts, he's a really good dude.
Mormad
Oldsouljer said:

packgrad said:

Which we're hearing is becoming an issue with Britain's NHS. You check in with a heart problem, ONLY at admission do you get the automatic COVID check, and once you get a positive, voila! You're a COVID admission even as the docs continue to work on your heart complaint.

Again, of course you're a covid admission. You're also a cardiac admission. One isn't ignored just because the other is primary. And nobody except the care team knows whether the two are related or coincidental, so we shouldn't draw some conclusion or suspicion based on no actual knowledge of the situation.

These folks aren't "covid admissions." They're admissions with covid (even when covid is considered primary) to everybody except the suspicious and policy makers it seems. And they have to be admissions with covid because of the precautions that must be taken by the facility and providers to prevent further spread and because of the community health data it provides. Again, hate the people who misuse that data to apparently ruin our lives, but try to understand why the data is generated the way it is and realize the labeling is different than is often written here or in the news. Hope that all makes sense. Of course there's some bull sht to wade through, but i think a lot of this stuff that people like to worry about is actually on the up and up.
WPNfamily
Mormad said:

Deaths way down. None of these in the icu are ventilated, so I suspect unless there's an unexpected complication or crash then no deaths should come of them? I guess you never know, but hopefully they'll be fine.

Have a buddy who owns a business here who couldn't be vaxxed because of renal disease. He is positive and passed it to all but 2 of his employees and his wife. She and half the employees were vaxxed. I think they all have mild symptoms, but he's really struggling even though he's still at home. Business completely shut down. Please keep him in y'all's thoughts, he's a really good dude.

That really sucks. I have 3 out Covid positive right now. 1/3 was vax'd. The 1 went with me to get vax'd at BOA stadium when they were doing J&J. The fear porn is pumping hard on the news and people here in the building are nervous even if they have been vax'd. It's sad to see them so up tight.

PackPA2015
Received a little more info on the hospital situation in our area.

Currently 23 hospitalized on the floor, 5 in the ER, 2 from the COVID floor were moved to ICU overnight. These individuals are not currently on the vent.

For Packgrad - 16/25 are under the age of 55 as of today. Other than the 32 y/o I posted yesterday, the remaining 15 are between 40-55.
packgrad
Thanks for the update.
PackPA2015
packgrad said:

Thanks for the update.
When should I expect the funds you are sending me?
packgrad
PackPA2015 said:

packgrad said:

Thanks for the update.
Most had no preexisting conditions? 50% of people 45-64 have multiple chronic conditions. Are you still hanging on to the hearsay that they had none or one preexisting condition?

When should I expect your funds?
packgrad
Here's the governor's latest color coded map update.

packgrad
You should wear a mask inside if you're vaccinated and have children under 12. Science.

Wayland
packgrad said:

You should wear a mask inside if you're vaccinated and have children under 12. Science.

Illusion of control is a hell of a drug.
PackPA2015
packgrad said:

PackPA2015 said:

packgrad said:

Thanks for the update.
Most had no preexisting conditions? 50% of people 45-64 have multiple chronic conditions. Are you still hanging on to the hearsay that they had none or one preexisting condition?

When should I expect your funds?
6/16 had more than 1 chronic medical problem. So, yes, that is most patients with 1 chronic medical problem or less which is a shift from the winter wave.

ETA: I take cash, check, card, or money order.
GuerrillaPack
Michigan legislature repeals the law that gave their governor the "emergency" powers to impose the tyrannical lockdowns and other measures. It's insane that so many states had given governors these powers. No government body, let alone one person, should ever have the power to impose via fiat the unconstitutional and tyrannical lockdowns and other measures that were used over this covid scamdemic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/archives/2021/07/22/legislature-yanks-whitmers-emergency-powers-used-during-pandemic-and-governor-cant-veto%3fmedia=AMP%2bHTML
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
First Page Last Page
Page 320 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.