Coronavirus

2,008,993 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wilmwolf80 said:

Found this interesting.

https://www.starnewsonline.com/story/news/2021/05/26/novant-health-reports-nearly-third-staff-not-yet-covid-19-vaccinated/5060556001/
I wonder what the demographics look like on that? I bet there are some distinct trends...
TheStorm
TheStorm said:

Mormad said:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/05/lab-leak-media-liberals-covid-china-biden-fauci-investigation.html

This is an excellent article that seems to nutmeg the pitcher right down the middle, and makes some interesting assertions that will likely stimulate reactions here.
Twitter had nothing to do with it... they weren't going to support anything that might be construed as helpful to "Trump" in any manner regardless, they were in full-on "electioneering" mode and they don't deserve a pass (or to be presented an "alternative excuse") for any of it. Everyone knows what it was...
And this looks like a good spot for this...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/reporters-admit-dismissing-wuhan-lab-theory-republicans

Like I said.
Mormad
Yep
PackPA2015
GuerrillaPack said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Found this interesting.

https://www.starnewsonline.com/story/news/2021/05/26/novant-health-reports-nearly-third-staff-not-yet-covid-19-vaccinated/5060556001/

Just as with the general population, there is a large portion within the medical community (nurses, doctors) who know that vaccines are harmful, and will not take them.
"March noted Novant is seeing a higher acceptance rate among those with higher level clinical roles, with 91% of physicians throughout the health care system having received the vaccine."

This is a quote from the very article linked. It is not typically doctors and nurses that are refusing the vaccine.
RunsWithWolves26
PackPA2015 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Found this interesting.

Just as with the general population, there is a large portion within the medical community (nurses, doctors) who know that vaccines are harmful, and will not take them.
"March noted Novant is seeing a higher acceptance rate among those with higher level clinical roles, with 91% of physicians throughout the health care system having received the vaccine."

This is a quote from the very article linked. It is not typically doctors and nurses that are refusing the vaccine.

You don't gone and brought facts into this discussion. How dare you PA?!?!
bigeric
TheStorm said:

TheStorm said:

Mormad said:

... they weren't going to support anything that might be construed as helpful to "Trump" in any manner regardless, they were in full-on "electioneering" ...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/reporters-admit-dismissing-wuhan-lab-theory-republicans

Like I said.
from the Foxnews article, comment section
"
Largent804

19 hours ago
I agree with most of what you said, except one. I am far from convinced that "they finally admit they didn't do their jobs." They are still blaming GOP, Trump, Cotton, etc. for their unprofessionalism for being biased. In other words, "they" made us make mistakes because of what they are and what they said. If you listen to CNN, MSNBC.. the anchors hardly budged an inch. They said a lot, but in the end admitted nothing."

(emphasis mine)
posted by ps09834 in response to Largent

Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
Wayland
Things continue to trend down for NC.

Interestingly, about 8% of the cases reported today were from 2020. Including over 50 cases that are over a year old.
Packchem91
bigeric said:

TheStorm said:

TheStorm said:

Mormad said:

... they weren't going to support anything that might be construed as helpful to "Trump" in any manner regardless, they were in full-on "electioneering" ...

Like I said.
from the Foxnews article, comment section
"
Largent804

19 hours ago
I agree with most of what you said, except one. I am far from convinced that "they finally admit they didn't do their jobs." They are still blaming GOP, Trump, Cotton, etc. for their unprofessionalism for being biased. In other words, "they" made us make mistakes because of what they are and what they said. If you listen to CNN, MSNBC.. the anchors hardly budged an inch. They said a lot, but in the end admitted nothing."

(emphasis mine)
posted by ps09834 in response to Largent

That was the way I have read the various articles on these --- the media folks are blaming the fact that they mis-reported because Trump and his team were saying other bad things.
I mean....THAT is the very epitome of allowing yourself to be blinded by your political bias and not actually doing your job of reporting on the veracity of the news.

Seems like in the process of justifying why they may have missed this they admitted they allow bias to influence how they report "news".
Civilized
Wayland said:

Interestingly, about 8% of the cases reported today were from 2020. Including over 50 cases that are over a year old.

Great news.

Circumstantially, my kids both got sick late last week. Fever, congested head, sore throat, cough.

Called the pediatrician after a couple of days of their hacking to get their take regarding bringing them into the office.

They took several hours to call us back and apologized for the delay, saying that they'd been absolutely slammed for several days with little "fever viruses." They also said that they'd run a couple hundred COVID tests in the last few days on all the kids that had come in, and had not had a single positive tests come back over that time period (after our kids got sick, we had them tested at a drive through and they'd also come back negative).

Good news is obviously that we're beating back COVID, thank God.

Only bad news is the re-emergence of other viruses as we dive back into living life.

In the balance of things I'll take that tradeoff all day long.
Wayland
Civilized said:

Wayland said:

Great news.

Circumstantially, my kids both got sick late last week. Fever, congested head, sore throat, cough.

Called the pediatrician after a couple of days of their hacking to get their take regarding bringing them into the office.

They took several hours to call us back and apologized for the delay, saying that they'd been absolutely slammed for several days with little "fever viruses." They also said that they'd run a couple hundred COVID tests in the last few days on all the kids that had come in, and had not had a single positive tests come back over that time period (after our kids got sick, we had them tested at a drive through and they'd also come back negative).

Good news is obviously that we're beating back COVID, thank God.

Only bad news is the re-emergence of other viruses as we dive back into living life.

In the balance of things I'll take that tradeoff all day long.
Glad to hear the kids are coming back negative for COVID!

I know it is hard (and odd) to celebrate other viruses. But like you said, the re-emergence of other viruses is a super positive sign that the domination of COVID19 may be waning.

Maybe 'celebrate other viruses' is the wrong way to put it, and just take the sign that other viruses being present may likely mean LESS COVID.
GuerrillaPack
Starting to ramp up the pressure to coerce people to take the jabs. How long until governments try to make it mandatory?

https://instagr.am/p/CPll-9TreWd
PackFansXL
Meh! The NBA has been irrelevant for years. Jab or no jab, makes no difference to me. I haven't watched an NBA game in many years.
Oldsouljer
Yep. And the good news is that the Chinese are saying that the transmissibility of the new H10N3 bird flu is just as low as that of COVID.
Civilized
Oldsouljer said:

Yep. And the good news is that the Chinese are saying that the transmissibility of the new H10N3 bird flu is just as low as that of COVID.

Too soon brother too soon
Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

Starting to ramp up the pressure to coerce people to take the jabs. How long until governments try to make it mandatory?

Saw today that PR was reopening but limiting indoor seating to only those that have been vaxxed.

It's a business decision, and businesses are subject to the market's opinions about their decision. You have the choice regarding patronizing these businesses, or not.

The government making vaccinations mandatory is a completely different ballgame. The political will just isn't there, nor should it be in my opinion. The government mandating that we put something in our bodies is a bridge too far.
GuerrillaPack
Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Saw today that PR was reopening but limiting indoor seating to only those that have been vaxxed.

It's a business decision, and businesses are subject to the market's opinions about their decision. You have the choice regarding patronizing these businesses, or not.

The government making vaccinations mandatory is a completely different ballgame. The political will just isn't there, nor should it be in my opinion. The government mandating that we put something in our bodies is a bridge too far.

I agree. But if a business refuses services for reasons that Leftists don't like - such as a Christian-owned bakery not wanting to bake a cake for a Sodomite fake wedding- then they raise hell to force businesses to provide service. How would you like it if businesses refused service to vaccinated people, and said they would only serve the unvaccinated?
Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

I agree. But if a business refuses services for reasons that Leftists don't like - such as a Christian-owned bakery not wanting to bake a cake for a Sodomite fake wedding- then they raise hell to force businesses to provide service. How would you like it if businesses refused service to vaccinated people, and said they would only serve the unvaccinated?

I wouldn't care. It's that business's prerogative.

Businesses are free to discriminate against smokers, or college grads, or vaxxers, or anti-vaxxers.

Vax status isn't a protected class.
GuerrillaPack
Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Businesses are free to discriminate against smokers, or college grads, or vaxxers, or anti-vaxxers.

Being a Sodomite shouldn't be a protected class.
packwest
GuerrillaPack said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Being a Sodomite shouldn't be a protected class.
All else aside, I believe the Court ruled 7-2 in agreement with the baker.
packgrad
Remember, he laughed off the possibility it came from a lab in public. There was an election to win. The Great Lie.

BBW12OG
There's a lot of lefties been eating crow the last few days....

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Sounds like the EEOC might get involved. We have so many laws, some may help people being asked to vaccinate to keep their job...
Civilized
Berenson is such a self-promoting histrionic drama queen.

This is from that same email author, Kristian Anderson, two months after the email from Anderson to Fauci that Berenson screen capped:

"Our analyses clearly show that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus."

[url=https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9]The Proximal Origin of SARS-CoV-2[/url]

The science was (and still is) obviously evolving and the virus origins were not clear. They definitely weren't clear in January 2020.

Why is anyone acting like, in early 2020,

a) Trump didn't have a very serious credibility problem with the media and the American public because of his steady stream of lying about everything under the sun for four prior years;
b) Trump or his administration had produced clear evidence that the virus was engineered and escaped from the lab, and the media simply ignored that clear evidence because they were biased;
c) Trump didn't have a long history of anti-China rhetoric or xenophobic statements that played to his base;
d) Trump didn't have a pronounced history of trying to shift blame to others to make himself look better or to distract from his own failings;
e) Trump didn't have electoral motivations to downplay the seriousness of COVID or his responsibility to manage the COVID crisis in America; or
f) there would have been clear electoral benefit to Trump being correct about the origin of the virus being a lab escape instead of the wet market or some other natural zoonotic means?

There was never any mistaking that COVID came out of Wuhan, whether it was from the wet market or the virology lab, and regardless of its origins we still had a crisis to manage here in America and around the world. Trump being correct or partially correct about the virus origins wasn't going to allow him to escape responsibility for how well, or not, he managed the crisis although that was certainly what he hoped would happen.

In January, immediately pre-COVID, Trump was already trailing Biden in the polls. His best and maybe only shot at reelection was to downplay the virus, champion the health of the economy, and hope that the American public bought into that narrative, maintained consumer confidence and confidence in the markets, and that our economy kept humming along.

He was a virus denier because he thought he needed to be to win reelection, and the Kung Flu/China virus rhetoric was just an extension of his virus denialism.

If he had clear evidence that COVID escaped from a lab, or even worse was engineered, why didn't his team produce it at that time? We still don't have clear evidence now; they definitely didn't have clear evidence early in the crisis when he started ramping up the China blame game.

All this "woe is Trump, the meanie libtard MSM ignored his clear and rational take on the virus origins" is myopic and inaccurate revisionist history. It ignores his huge credibility problem late in his presidency, his steady stream of anti-China rhetoric for four years, and his motivations for trying to distract the American public from the gravity of the COVID crisis and his responsibility to manage the crisis effectively regardless of its origins.
TheStorm
TheStorm
I found the use of the term "revisionist history" especially ironic...
caryking
Civilized said:

Berenson is such a self-promoting histrionic drama queen.

This is from that same email author, Kristian Anderson, two months after the email from Anderson to Fauci that Berenson screen capped:

"Our analyses clearly show that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus."

[url=https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9]The Proximal Origin of SARS-CoV-2[/url]

The science was (and still is) obviously evolving and the virus origins were not clear. They definitely weren't clear in January 2020.

Why is anyone acting like, in early 2020,

a) Trump didn't have a very serious credibility problem with the media and the American public because of his steady stream of lying about everything under the sun for four prior years;
b) Trump or his administration had produced clear evidence that the virus was engineered and escaped from the lab, and the media simply ignored that clear evidence because they were biased;
c) Trump didn't have a long history of anti-China rhetoric or xenophobic statements that played to his base;
d) Trump didn't have a pronounced history of trying to shift blame to others to make himself look better or to distract from his own failings;
e) Trump didn't have electoral motivations to downplay the seriousness of COVID or his responsibility to manage the COVID crisis in America; or
f) there would have been clear electoral benefit to Trump being correct about the origin of the virus being a lab escape instead of the wet market or some other natural zoonotic means?

There was never any mistaking that COVID came out of Wuhan, whether it was from the wet market or the virology lab, and regardless of its origins we still had a crisis to manage here in America and around the world. Trump being correct or partially correct about the virus origins wasn't going to allow him to escape responsibility for how well, or not, he managed the crisis although that was certainly what he hoped would happen.

In January, immediately pre-COVID, Trump was already trailing Biden in the polls. His best and maybe only shot at reelection was to downplay the virus, champion the health of the economy, and hope that the American public bought into that narrative, maintained consumer confidence and confidence in the markets, and that our economy kept humming along.

He was a virus denier because he thought he needed to be to win reelection, and the Kung Flu/China virus rhetoric was just an extension of his virus denialism.

If he had clear evidence that COVID escaped from a lab, or even worse was engineered, why didn't his team produce it at that time? We still don't have clear evidence now; they definitely didn't have clear evidence early in the crisis when he started ramping up the China blame game.

All this "woe is Trump, the meanie libtard MSM ignored his clear and rational take on the virus origins" is myopic and inaccurate revisionist history. It ignores his huge credibility problem late in his presidency, his steady stream of anti-China rhetoric for four years, and his motivations for trying to distract the American public from the gravity of the COVID crisis and his responsibility to manage the crisis effectively regardless of its origins.
Civ, its time for you to take another hit of whatever drugs you are doing. Actually, try something different. Your TDS is making you look extremely petty. Trump is not the problem, people like you and the establishment class in Washington, the media, etc.. were pushing narratives about Trump that are flat out not true.

Take that hit...
packgrad
TheStorm said:

Lol. #notademocrat is going to fight tooth and nail that he was hoodwinked. He's even spouting virus denier nonsense. Just completely eaten up with TDS. The freaking press is even admitting that they misrepresented stories because it came from Trump, but #notademocrat thinks it had nothing to do with the election. Lol.
wilmwolf
Imagine living in a country where it is considered racist to even suggest that a virus came from where it actually came from. None of this information is new, but any time anyone tried to bring it to light the past year and a half they were shouted down as a xenophobic trumper. That's the problem. When dealing with a devastating global pandemic, we should have been able to be responsible scientists and say "I don't agree with the things being said by the President, but it is my scientific duty to fully investigate this virus and its origins, no matter where that may lead". But instead, this **** happened in an election year, and so people lost their minds and covered up the inconvenient truths. People would rather carry water for a communist, totalitarian, regime than possibly put a check in the win column of the president they wanted gone. I have stayed apolitical in this thread, and chastised those that have tried to steer it political at every turn, but I can't let it go without speaking my mind. Science is supposed to be above politics, and if it's not, it makes it really hard to "trust science" in the future.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Civilized
pineknollshoresking said:

Civ, its time for you to take another hit of whatever drugs you are doing. Actually, try something different. Your TDS is making you look extremely petty. Trump is not the problem, people like you and the establishment class in Washington, the media, etc.. were pushing narratives about Trump that are flat out not true.

Take that hit...

"...whatever drugs you are doing..."
"Your TDS..."
"...you look extremely petty..."
"...people like you [are the problem]"

C'mon Cary, attack the content of the post, not the poster please.

If I'm wrong, tell me why instead of just calling names. Or else when we get together for a pork shoulder and bourbon tailgate you're getting more fat cap and less delicious bark.
packgrad
Civilized said:

pineknollshoresking said:

Take that hit...

"...whatever drugs you are doing..."
"Your TDS..."
"...you look extremely petty..."
"...people like you [are the problem]"

C'mon Cary, attack the content of the post, not the poster please.

If I'm wrong, tell me why instead of just calling names. Or else when we get together for a pork shoulder and bourbon tailgate you're getting more fat cap and less delicious bark.

Like you did with Alex Berenson tweet? Simply attacked the tweeter, and not the tweet. The hypocrisy you exhibit on this board is legendary.
Civilized
packgrad said:

TheStorm said:

Lol. #notademocrat is going to fight tooth and nail that he was hoodwinked. He's even spouting virus denier nonsense. Just completely eaten up with TDS. The freaking press is even admitting that they misrepresented stories because it came from Trump, but #notademocrat thinks it had nothing to do with the election. Lol.

The press had zero reason to trust Trump carte blanche at that point. There was not good evidence for what he was proclaiming about the Wuhan lab, and he was saying a bunch of obviously erroneous and electorally motivated stuff about the seriousness of COVID.

Trump was an obvious virus denier throughout and especially so early in the crisis when he was trying to control the narrative to maintain consumer confidence and the markets. Not even debatable.

Trump, to Woodward: "To be honest with you, I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down. Because I don't want to create a panic."

Trump, to CNBC: "No, not at all. We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It's going to be just fine."

Trump, on the campaign trail: ""Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away."

Trump presser: "It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle it will disappear."

Trump Twitter: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC &World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"

Trump Twitter: ""Gallup just gave us the highest rating ever for the way we are handling the CoronaVirus situation. The April 2009-10 Swine Flu, where nearly 13,000 people died in the U.S., was poorly handled."

Trump presser: ""We're getting rid of this virus. That's what we're doing. That's the best thing we can do. By the way, for the markets, for everything it's very simple, very simple solution. We want to get rid of it. We want to have very as few deaths as possible. This is a horrible thing."

All this BS was obviously false as he was saying it and looks even worse now. This is the guy the media should have been trusting about virus origins, especially coupled with his anti-China stance and a lack of any hard evidence?
dogplasma
" In January, immediately pre-COVID, Trump was already trailing Biden in the polls. His best and maybe only shot at reelection was to downplay the virus..."

Everything in your post is spot on, but I might disagree with this one part. IMO, if Trump had himself jumped into Covid response with full force and become a champion of the cause, I think his re-election chances would have gone up dramatically. Unless you're just saying that it was Trump's own personal belief that he had to dismiss the threat, which was obviously true, since he said as much.
ciscopack
GuerrillaPack said:

https://instagr.am/p/CPll-9TreWd
Before I went to the 1st grade in 1963; I had to have my vaccines.???? How about you?
packgrad
Ignoring the ridiculous TDS tweets that you think look "worse" now, lol, there was also zero hard evidence that it didn't originate in the lab. Yet Fauci and the media led a coordinated effort to say it couldn't possibly be from there, and the mouth breathing orange man bad crowd sucked it up.

Those science signs in the yard are looking even more ridiculous now.
PackPA2015
Interesting perspective (author's own opinion) piece on the need in the future to study the benefits and consequences of introducing laws, executive orders, NPIs before they are implemented. I think this is something we may can all agree on.

As we all have debated in this thread previously, there is not strong evidence or data out there to make strong conclusions about all of the governmental actions that occurred during the pandemic. You can make a case on either side, but the evidence is weak whether you agree or disagree with the measure being debated. Having the evidence before something is implemented would be beneficial for sure and you can also find ways to account for negative consequences before they even occur.

Study of Laws
First Page Last Page
Page 286 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.