Coronavirus

2,000,230 Views | 19839 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ncsupack1
Wayland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Daviewolf83 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Seems counterintuitive for hospitalizations to be staying the same as the number of the most vulnerable population being vaccinated continue to go up. I know there has been chatter about new strains affecting younger people more severely, but I haven't seen any indication that new strains are the reason here in NC. The detailed hospital data that you want seems to have been lacking the whole time.
I agree and it has puzzled me as well. Based on the daily admit numbers, I assume the discharges are approximately 100 to 110 per day. The total number (when percent of hospitals reporting is constant) hovers around 1,000 to 1,050 hospitalized. Only a few times has it dropped below 1,000 (I do not count those days when reporting dropped below 97%). We are basically at a point now where the age ranges contributing to hospitalizations is roughly the same. Older people still make up a slightly higher percentage, but nothing like it was before the vaccines started to kick in.

I think we need to hit the inflection point on vaccinations to make a bigger dent in hospitalizations. Currently, the case rate in NC is approximately 12 cases per 100,000 people. To see a significant drop in hospitalizations, we need to see a case rate below 10 cases per 100,000 and it really needs to be below 5 cases per 100,000 people. In San Francisco as an example, they are now seeing case rates below 5 cases per 100,000 people and they achieved this by getting 72% of their population vaccinated. Additionally, they have had several days where they have had no deaths of people with Covid.
I mean, if several days where there are no deaths is a qualifying factor.

Wake County has more people than San Fran and has been averaging about 0.5 deaths a day since the beginning of March and had 30 days in March and April where there were no deaths recorded (will allow some time for May data to be reported).

In that time 81 deaths were added to Wake County's Nursing Home and Residential Care death totals (of course these were likely older backlog deaths, but still some may be included in those ~30 or so deaths in March and April for Wake)

Durham County has had 9 total deaths reported by date with COVID since the beginning of March.

Orange County has had 4 total deaths reported by date with COVID since the beginning of March.

Chatham County has had 4 total deaths reported by date with COVID since the beginning of March.

CapRAC, MCRHC, and DHPC hospitalizations have remained largely unchanged in this period.

I have been exploring the HHS dataset. Interesting Wake has only had 36 total COVID admits in the last week.

GuerrillaPack
Breaking in the last few days...Chinese document from 2015 discusses "weponizing SARS coronaviruses".

So what is the real purpose of the Wuhan lab?

Haven't done a deep look into this book, but apparently Chinese sources are saying this book only discusses the origins of SARS coronaviruses that plagued China from 2000-2004, alleging those outbreaks were a man-made biological weapon.

Australian Establishment media reporting on it:

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Mormad
https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/12/09/1013538/what-are-the-ingredients-of-pfizers-covid-19-vaccine/?utm_medium=tr_social&utm_campaign=site_visitor.unpaid.engagement&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1620256793
Mormad
GuerrillaPack said:

PackFansXL said:

Despite all the lies we've been told by our government, the hard data shows reduced infection rates. Getting back to normal will accelerate when folks are confident they are safe from infection or infecting their families and they can count on their vaccinations to safely get them there. We can do that without trusting our corrupt government and press. Trust me. ;o)

If the government and press/media is corrupt, then their so-called "hard data" cannot be trusted either. This "data" is the crux of the issue and the deception. This virus is nowhere near as dangerous or prevalent as the falsified data says. And I've been confident that I'm safe since this charade started, as are about half of the population who never bought into this. The other half who believe the official narrative have now taken their injections...and they should be "immune" now, right? Therefore, at this time everyone should feel confident. But that should have never been a standard for being able to violate our rights and shut down businesses and our lives.

I know i shouldn't ask, but i just have to. Where is your hard evidence, your proof, your knowledge, your experience with such patients and families that makes you supremely confident this is all a charade, and not near as prevalent and dangerous as many believe?? Was it you arguing that a radiologist reading an xray is an objective finding and all agree it's a broken bone? (Maybe it was your alter ego, BBWG or whatever) So, where is your belief that a radiologist reading a CT of the chest and finding the diagnostic
characteritics of covid is now subjective and a charade? What is his/her motivation for doing so? A cold or common flu as you call this causes such characteristic changes in the lungs described in papers? I think you should come teach our staff how all the sht they've been managing for the past 14 months is all a charade and not prevalent and not dangerous and all the people they've been boxing is a huge hoax. I'm sure they'd all be very relieved to learn that. I know i am.

You and i will definitely agree it's time for people to start gaining confidence and the establishment to stop running and ruining our lives. We'll just get there via a different route, brother.
BBW12OG
And there are as many that agree with GP as agree with you.

The left's "god" Fauci is an investor in the research that the Wuhan lab was doing.

How many times has he changed his mind, or the CDC now has disagreed or that there has been mixed messaging?

I'm not saying that it doesn't affect people differently. I'm saying that there is nothing more inconsistent than the messaging that has been given.

Follow the money. Why are schools closed? Unions don't want their teachers working.

Why are the "red" states showing less unemployment, better overall infection and deaths per capita than blue?

Money. Power.

Sorry if I offend you. I respect your job and your profession. You could be at a place that isn't influenced by politics. Good for you if that is the case.

To try and discount the fact that politics are a HUGE motivator from the left on the entire ordeal however is not true. If that is your opinion then so be it. My opinion is that the left is manipulating data, blue states, to drive their narrative of government control.

Convince me otherwise.
Mormad
Surely you aren't implying that one can't believe that the way the government handles the pandemic is poor and yet believe covid isn't a charade with factitious data. Those are 2 separable arguments in my mind.
BBW12OG
Never said anything like that.

Nothing close.

Covid is real and the way it was handled by the MSM, the left and their propaganda machine propelled it into where it is today.

Surely you don't think that it was not mishandled by Fauci, the left and the MSM? And now the current administration? Not to mention how the "blue states" have handled their re-openings of businesses, schools and "lower" income workers?

Who exactly is in charge of this?

Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

Daviewolf83 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Seems counterintuitive for hospitalizations to be staying the same as the number of the most vulnerable population being vaccinated continue to go up. I know there has been chatter about new strains affecting younger people more severely, but I haven't seen any indication that new strains are the reason here in NC. The detailed hospital data that you want seems to have been lacking the whole time.
I agree and it has puzzled me as well. Based on the daily admit numbers, I assume the discharges are approximately 100 to 110 per day. The total number (when percent of hospitals reporting is constant) hovers around 1,000 to 1,050 hospitalized. Only a few times has it dropped below 1,000 (I do not count those days when reporting dropped below 97%). We are basically at a point now where the age ranges contributing to hospitalizations is roughly the same. Older people still make up a slightly higher percentage, but nothing like it was before the vaccines started to kick in.

I think we need to hit the inflection point on vaccinations to make a bigger dent in hospitalizations. Currently, the case rate in NC is approximately 12 cases per 100,000 people. To see a significant drop in hospitalizations, we need to see a case rate below 10 cases per 100,000 and it really needs to be below 5 cases per 100,000 people. In San Francisco as an example, they are now seeing case rates below 5 cases per 100,000 people and they achieved this by getting 72% of their population vaccinated. Additionally, they have had several days where they have had no deaths of people with Covid.
I mean, if several days where there are no deaths is a qualifying factor.

Wake County has more people than San Fran and has been averaging about 0.5 deaths a day since the beginning of March and had 30 days in March and April where there were no deaths recorded (will allow some time for May data to be reported).

In that time 81 deaths were added to Wake County's Nursing Home and Residential Care death totals (of course these were likely older backlog deaths, but still some may be included in those ~30 or so deaths in March and April for Wake)

Durham County has had 9 total deaths reported by date with COVID since the beginning of March.

Orange County has had 4 total deaths reported by date with COVID since the beginning of March.

Chatham County has had 4 total deaths reported by date with COVID since the beginning of March.

CapRAC, MCRHC, and DHPC hospitalizations have remained largely unchanged in this period.

I have been exploring the HHS dataset. Interesting Wake has only had 36 total COVID admits in the last week.

I have been trying to analyze admits as well, since the numbers seem off to me still. It is maddening trying to figure it out and figure out what is actually happening.
Civilized
BBW12OG said:

Never said anything like that.

Nothing close.

Covid is real and the way it was handled by the MSM, the left and their propaganda machine propelled it into where it is today.

Surely you don't think that it was not mishandled by Fauci, the left and the MSM? And now the current administration? Not to mention how the "blue states" have handled their re-openings of businesses, schools and "lower" income workers?

Who exactly is in charge of this?

So Trump's administration handled it supremely, and the left and the MSM are solely to blame for where we are?
Mormad
Well at least we can agree the government and the media suck.

You said covid is real, which means not a charade, and therefore you actually don't agree fully with GP.

My question was not about the message. I may not think all the messaging is as nefarious as some of you, but yeah it's sucked. When a dude says this pandemic is a charade with falsified data and isn't as prevalent and dangerous as is being messaged, i question where he gets his enlightened evidence other than opinion and tweets from people who have no more ability or experience to interpret cdc or other data than they do how to manage a covid patient on a vent. GP is pretty bright and is good at his craft (arguing his side) and usually comes up with stuff, so i think his answer will be interesting if nothing else.
PortCityPackFan
Personally, I don't think lifting the restrictions or mask mandates should be tied to a certain % of vaccinations. It should be tied to a timeframe from when the vaccine was made available to everyone. Once the vaccine was made available to everyone, I'd give them 2-3 weeks to schedule the first dose, 2 weeks between shots and then 2 weeks post second dose to be fully protected. Since NC made the shot available to all people I think around April 7th, we should be completely open with no mask mandates by June 1st.
Mormad
Interesting thoughts. I like that it holds people accountable and urges action from those interested. However, injections, not availability, stop us from being India (if you'll allow me such hyperbole), and those interested are then relying on the unreliable system (make and distribute vaccine, access to staff to do the injecting) to get them scheduled and get shots in their arms in just 2-3 weeks after available and then have a second round ready to go. Is that feasible? Of course, I'm not sure there should be mask MANDATES at all, so there's that.
PortCityPackFan
Well my 2-3 weeks for the first shot assumes that demand is not outpacing availability, which appears to be the case here in NC. Certainly if interest was so high that there was a wait list for the first shot, then I'd adjust those timeframes. I just don't think that's the case here.
Civilized
PortCityPackFan said:

Well my 2-3 weeks for the first shot assumes that demand is not outpacing availability, which appears to be the case here in NC. Certainly if interest was so high that there was a wait list for the first shot, then I'd adjust those timeframes. I just don't think that's the case here.

We shouldn't tie to demand or interest, because demand or interest may be low for specious reasons.

Just tie to % vaccinated based on best available science regarding herd immunity.
BBW12OG
you would argue the fact that the vaccine distribution had nothing to do with Trump because you are anti-Trump

No reason having a discussion with you.

You have proven this.
Civilized
I don't have a clue what that means.

I just know it's silly to insinuate that we are where we are with COVID due to the current administration when the prior administration overlapped with 75% of the pandemic to-date and 25MM cases and 450K deaths occurred during the prior administration.

For the record I don't think COVID was Trump's fault. I think Warp Speed was a huge success. I think the Trump administration's messaging was extremely disjointed and their distribution strategy was lacking and that Biden's administration has very adequately picked up the distribution ball and run with it.

It's dumb to say it's either administration's fault. It's clear that institutional management of, and response to, a sudden global pandemic poses extraordinary problems for governments. That's a very non-partisan conclusion.

packgrad

TheStorm
Posted this in another thread, but it fits here as well:

Took the Mrs. and widowed MIL out to lunch yesterday for Mother's Day (lost my own last fall in a nursing home in NC)... sat outside, but still have to get seated and walk through the restaurant... we were literally the only group wearing masks to walk around the restaurant, to the restrooms, etc. other than most of the wait staff (even a couple of them weren't wearing them).

We're all fully vacinnated and well past our two (2) weeks... how dumb am I for still wearing a mask?

I really think that I am done with it from now on... might get sent back to the car for one from time to time, but I really kind of doubt it.

BTW... college age and young adults must have really had an extremely high percentage of vaccinations because over the last week or so, there is no mask wearing whatsoever in that age group.
TheStorm
Civilized said:

It's dumb to say it's either administration's fault.

But yet, you consistently blamed one for almost an entire year... but now your team has the ball, so now you feel that you need to change your stance... reminds me of another thread for some reason.

At least your MO stays consistent, I'll give you that much...
PackPA2015
TheStorm said:

Posted this in another thread, but it fits here as well:

Took the Mrs. and widowed MIL out to lunch yesterday for Mother's Day (lost my own last fall in a nursing home in NC)... sat outside, but still have to get seated and walk through the restaurant... we were literally the only group wearing masks to walk around the restaurant, to the restrooms, etc. other than most of the wait staff (even a couple of them weren't wearing them).

We're all fully vacinnated and well past our two (2) weeks... how dumb am I for still wearing a mask?

I really think that I am done with it from now on... might get sent back to the car for one from time to time, but I really kind of doubt it.

BTW... college age and young adults must have really had an extremely high percentage of vaccinations because over the last week or so, there is no mask wearing whatsoever in that age group.
I don't think you are dumb at all for still wearing it. Now, I have been for the masks for the most part and have caught flak on here for it at times, but I still believe that if your particular area (county or city/town, etc.) is below that 2/3 vaccinated with at least one dose mark, masks should be worn while indoors while around a decent number (not just 1 or 2) of possible or known unvaccinated individuals. That is my opinion based on the available data at this point.

I have been pretty vocal about how poor my county has done with masking. People are mentally done with the pandemic and masks and I get that. I am too. However, I do still wear mine in the above situations. My county's positivity rate is just carrying along above 5% for the past month and does not seem to be budging. Our vaccination rates are no where near that 2/3 mark either. The majority of the transmission damage is exactly as you described above, the younger generations.
packgrad
The younger generations don't need to be vaccinated, unless they have some underlying condition. Why we mandated a percentage on overall population is not a data driven decision. Target the most vulnerable. Let the rest live as they see fit.
Everpack
Anecdotal story on natural immunity. My BIL tested positive for COVID19 back in early August 2020 with pretty mild symptoms. He is 37 and in pretty good health. He has always given blood religiously and now they automatically test you for COVID19 antibodies. He gave blood on Saturday and he still tested positive for antibodies. That's nine months post mild infection and still showing immunity.
PackPA2015
packgrad said:

The younger generations don't need to be vaccinated, unless they have some underlying condition. Why we mandated a percentage on overall population is not a data driven decision. Target the most vulnerable. Let the rest live as they see fit.
Agree to disagree on this one friend. The purpose of immunizations is to limit transmission of a virus to therefore limit hospitalizations and deaths. If you do not vaccinate a significant portion of the population, even younger ages, then that leaves the more vulnerable populations more at risk than if you only vaccinate the the elderly, chronic illness, etc. populations. We are trying to get to that herd immunity level across the nation where we see transmission drop off a cliff and hospitalizations and deaths follow. We know from many vaccinations, not just COVID, that the more of a population is vaccinated, the safer we are as a community.

ETA: Yes, the younger generations are less susceptible as far as deaths go, but there are still long haulers that we are currently dealing with in our clinics who are young and healthy and still cannot get back to their baseline health previously.
ncsualum05
packgrad said:

How much more do people need to see? We have so much data now from states. We see who has locked down harder, masks more, and stays restricted. We see who's wide ass open and that even includes major sporting events now. I mean it's pretty obvious it's not making things worse at this point.

My in laws drive me up the walls. And my wife is with them. Still want to mask up and still believe there's risk. Saying we're getting there but we just gotta keep going. What BS... and no I don't say this to them I respect them and I make some counter points. But it's BS... we're not getting there... WE'RE THERE.

1. Texas and Florida. Most populated states in the US outside of Cali. Look at their policies versus Cali or NY. Who's better? If you don't know the obvious answer than you're lying or you're a complete idiot.

2. Who can get vaccinated? Anyone 16 and over. It's easy peasy. Hey some people don't buy this vaccine and don't want it. Fine! But if you have been vaccinated... act like it! You're vaccinated! Be confident! Why are people that are vaccinated walking around like they could still die or give a serious dose to someone else? And if you' have an immune system that you're worried about and you don't feel safe then why the hell aren't you vaccinated? If you don't feel safe and you don't get the shots than by all means don't go places and wear your mask all the time. It's your choice.

3. Everything should be a choice b/c everything IS a choice right now. The pandemic is OVER. This is now an endemic virus that will live with us for the rest of the time the world is around. It will never infect 0 people and it will never kill 0 people ever again. Fear not and live confidently. I promise you there will be more pandemics to come along with wars, domestic shootings, car accidents, recession (incoming in my opinion), hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, etc.

packgrad
PackPA2015 said:

packgrad said:

Agree to disagree on this one friend. The purpose of immunizations is to limit transmission of a virus to therefore limit hospitalizations and deaths. If you do not vaccinate a significant portion of the population, even younger ages, then that leaves the more vulnerable populations more at risk than if you only vaccinate the the elderly, chronic illness, etc. populations. We are trying to get to that herd immunity level across the nation where we see transmission drop off a cliff and hospitalizations and deaths follow. We know from many vaccinations, not just COVID, that the more of a population is vaccinated, the safer we are as a community.

ETA: Yes, the younger generations are less susceptible as far as deaths go, but there are still long haulers that we are currently dealing with in our clinics who are young and healthy and still cannot get back to their baseline health previously.

You say you're data driven yet you always use your outliers as fear mongering. Nobody denies that it is possible that a young person has a bad reaction to this. The data very clearly shows it is beyond extremely unlikely that they will have anything other than mild flu symptoms, if that.

You also get herd immunity by letting those that it doesn't adversely affect live their lives.

This started as a way to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed. It's evolved into irrelevant scoreboard stats to keep us locked down.
packgrad
It's all political. They would have to admit those evil Republican governors in TX and FL were right.
PackPA2015
No, I am not trying to fear monger. I don't want any COVID restrictions just as you and most others on this board.

Herd immunity can be achieved through vaccination or natural infection. It is much, much safer to achieve that through vaccination regardless of age. My point with the younger generations is that although their risk of complication from COVID is significantly lower than the elderly/chronically ill, there is still risk. Vaccination has almost zero risk.
Mormad
It's individual health decisions vs community health decisions. PackPA and I will never argue against the idea that the young and healthy are by and far at much lower risk of complications from covid, and we usually don't give people a hard time about their own health decisions here. We may disagree, but you're big boys. But we'll always see because of what we do the merits of vaccination (and situational mask wearing for now) for community health.
Daviewolf83
packgrad said:

As I indicated in previous posts, the decision to set a target on the percentage of adults vaccinated is driven by data. As I said (and many know), I have been critical of Cooper in the past for the lack of science and data in some of his decisions. With regards to the target of 2/3 of adults being vaccinated with at least one dose, it is driven by data. The data shows this is a target we need to hit to get close to herd immunity.

You are free to disagree with Cooper's target, but saying it is not data driven is not accurate. If you want data, here's a study just published in the Lancet regarding Israel and the effects of their large-scale vaccination campaign:

Impact and effectiveness of mRNA BNT162b2 vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 infections and COVID-19 cases, hospitalisations, and deaths following a nationwide vaccination campaign in Israel: an observational study using national surveillance data
BBW12OG
PackPA2015 said:

No, I am not trying to fear monger. I don't want any COVID restrictions just as you and most others on this board.

Herd immunity can be achieved through vaccination or natural infection. It is much, much safer to achieve that through vaccination regardless of age. My point with the younger generations is that although their risk of complication from COVID is significantly lower than the elderly/chronically ill, there is still risk. Vaccination has almost zero risk.
Do you feel the same way about the flu?

Did President Trump cure the flu or has it just "disappeared?"

How many people die annually because of the flu?

Do you agree with the left's God Fauci that we should "mask up" every flu season from now on?

Should the flu vaccine be mandatory like the left wants the Covid vaccine to be?
PackPA2015
BBW12OG said:

PackPA2015 said:

Do you agree with the left's God Fauci that we should "mask up" every flu season from now on?

Should the flu vaccine be mandatory like the left wants the Covid vaccine to be?
1. Yes, as a medical provider, I do encourage the flu vaccine ever year to those that are able to take it. COVID is not the flu.

2. Not sure why Trump is being brought up, but there are various theories on why flu cases are at an all time low. COVID being more virulent, masking/social distancing/hand washing lowering cases, etc. They are somewhere within this thread.

3. 34,200 estimated flu deaths in the U.S. from 2018-2019. COVID is not the flu. We are trying to turn COVID into a flu-like amount of transmission and death.

4. No, I do not agree with Fauci that we should wear masks every flu season from here on out. I don't agree that we will be wearing masks till next Mother's day. Lately, I have not agreed with much of what Fauci has said other than to encourage everyone that can to get vaccinated.

5. I think our requirements for the flu vaccine are pretty spot on currently. We require them in medical areas (hospitals, clinics, etc.) or you have to wear a mask during flu season. I would not increase those at this time.
Mormad
packgrad said:

PackPA2015 said:

packgrad said:

You say you're data driven yet you always use your outliers as fear mongering. Nobody denies that it is possible that a young person has a bad reaction to this. The data very clearly shows it is beyond extremely unlikely that they will have anything other than mild flu symptoms, if that.

You also get herd immunity by letting those that it doesn't adversely affect live their lives.

This started as a way to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed. It's evolved into irrelevant scoreboard stats to keep us locked down.

There's real truth in these words. But i want to add that we're humans taking care of humans/families, and so we're often most influenced by our personal experiences. So they don't seem like outliers to us.

We were told right here that the data is falsified and can't be trusted, and then it was said that at least half feel this way. But guess what data PackPA and I tend to trust... Our own personal observations/experiences. We like to share them here, knowing there will be discussion both ways. That's cool with us. At least i hope that's what people think.
Daviewolf83
PackPA2015 said:

BBW12OG said:

PackPA2015 said:

1. Yes, as a medical provider, I do encourage the flu vaccine ever year to those that are able to take it. COVID is not the flu.

2. Not sure why Trump is being brought up, but there are various theories on why flu cases are at an all time low. COVID being more virulent, masking/social distancing/hand washing lowering cases, etc. They are somewhere within this thread.

3. 34,200 estimated flu deaths in the U.S. from 2018-2019. COVID is not the flu. We are trying to turn COVID into a flu-like amount of transmission and death.

4. No, I do not agree with Fauci that we should wear masks every flu season from here on out. I don't agree that we will be wearing masks till next Mother's day. Lately, I have not agreed with much of what Fauci has said other than to encourage everyone that can to get vaccinated.

5. I think our requirements for the flu vaccine are pretty spot on currently. We require them in medical areas (hospitals, clinics, etc.) or you have to wear a mask during flu season. I would not increase those at this time.
For point number 2, I would also add that kids not being in-person for school is also viewed as a big reason why the cases of flu dropped this year. When Covid originally began, many in public health believed kids would be a big propellent of Covid transmission, like they are with the flu. In actuality, it has been found that kids are not important vectors for Covid transmission, which is opposite of flu transmission.

For this reason, kids should have remained in in-person learning for the year and should definitely be in in-person learning now and when school begins in the Fall.
Mormad
ncsualum05 said:

packgrad said:

How much more do people need to see? We have so much data now from states. We see who has locked down harder, masks more, and stays restricted. We see who's wide ass open and that even includes major sporting events now. I mean it's pretty obvious it's not making things worse at this point.

My in laws drive me up the walls. And my wife is with them. Still want to mask up and still believe there's risk. Saying we're getting there but we just gotta keep going. What BS... and no I don't say this to them I respect them and I make some counter points. But it's BS... we're not getting there... WE'RE THERE.

1. Texas and Florida. Most populated states in the US outside of Cali. Look at their policies versus Cali or NY. Who's better? If you don't know the obvious answer than you're lying or you're a complete idiot.

2. Who can get vaccinated? Anyone 16 and over. It's easy peasy. Hey some people don't buy this vaccine and don't want it. Fine! But if you have been vaccinated... act like it! You're vaccinated! Be confident! Why are people that are vaccinated walking around like they could still die or give a serious dose to someone else? And if you' have an immune system that you're worried about and you don't feel safe then why the hell aren't you vaccinated? If you don't feel safe and you don't get the shots than by all means don't go places and wear your mask all the time. It's your choice.

3. Everything should be a choice b/c everything IS a choice right now. The pandemic is OVER. This is now an endemic virus that will live with us for the rest of the time the world is around. It will never infect 0 people and it will never kill 0 people ever again. Fear not and live confidently. I promise you there will be more pandemics to come along with wars, domestic shootings, car accidents, recession (incoming in my opinion), hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, etc.

I actually agree with so much of this sentiment. I also believe we should be confident! But not to the point of defiance or temerity. Well reasoned, logical, thoughtful confidence.
Mormad
BBW12OG said:

PackPA2015 said:

Flu and covid-19 are different animals and should be viewed differently. It was a weird year for the flu, and the reasons have been discussed here ad nauseum. I'm not sure i understand why so many are ok with turning covid into another flu. Maybe it's the best they hope for?Assuming the flu will return to pre-covid levels, and covid won't simply replace the flu, then we'll essentially from now on DOUBLE our "flu" numbers from here until the next pandemic. That's not ok with me.

There will be those who mask up during cold and flu season from now on for their own personal reasons. Whatever. You can't argue that we should be free to make adult choices that affect us at a personal level and then scoff at those who make a personal decision that isn't hurting anybody except your politicized feelings about their personal action. (And i don't "you" personally) More power to them. Doesn't affect me, though i guess in some way i may feel it reduces the chance I'll catch some unwanted bug from them.

I don't think vaccines should be mandatory at a national level. At a corporate level or University level or whatever? I'm ok with that.
First Page Last Page
Page 269 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.