Coronavirus

2,006,009 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by Werewolf
ncsualum05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackPA2015 said:

ncsualum05 said:

PackPA2015 said:

I know someone was asking about travel to Europe this summer. European Union announced that they will allow tourists whom are vaccinated to travel to those areas. These vaccines are working and they are working very, very well.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/european-union-will-let-vaccinated-americans-visit-this-summer-official-2021-04-25/
Don't tell Fauci, Biden, CDC or rest of the democrat party that. Fauci just now admitted it's ok to be outdoors. The amount of mental disorders that he has caused in people is immeasurable and would take years to even get an idea.
Yep, we messed that up royally. Should have been pushing people outdoors for as many things as possible from the beginning.

Just remember through all of this (this is for everyone, not just you), but hindsight is always 20/20. Now, were the medical entities too slow in changing guidelines, etc.? Yes, of course, but some things we just did not know initially and are now catching up with these changes. This one, we were really, really slow with and were wrong about.
BS. It was way worse than just slow messaging. It was manipulation and control. Doctors last spring/ summer were coming out with logical messaging based on study of this virus as well as viruses throughout history. They were silenced or censored. People were getting harassed for being on a beach by themselves or in a park. Me... a joe blow who has no medical training understood last summer that outdoors in the fresh air coronavirus particles could not easily spread. It was close contact indoors where most spread took place.

It was ironic because while politicians were hammering people for attempting to open a business or do activities because it wasn't safe to go outside or leave your home at the same time they justified thousands taking to the streets screaming and spitting in people's faces and setting buildings on fire. During all those summer riots we should've had millions of cases pop up everywhere in those cities and yet we did not. But the messaging never changed... only rioting was allowed while 4th of July events were cancelled. We also knew schools could open safely with measures and yet we refused to follow that. Gyms and restaurants went broke while studies showed they couldn't trace that many cases back to a gym or a restaurant.

Data and science stopped being followed by most of our leaders about 1 month into shutdown last year and it never got better. People's trust in government and media is at an all time low and they earned it. If you want to complain about people not getting their vaccine now than you need to blame power hungry bureaucrats like Fauci and corrupt politicians like some of these governors and Biden.
WolfPacker54
ncsualum05 said:

PackPA2015 said:

ncsualum05 said:

PackPA2015 said:

I know someone was asking about travel to Europe this summer. European Union announced that they will allow tourists whom are vaccinated to travel to those areas. These vaccines are working and they are working very, very well.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/european-union-will-let-vaccinated-americans-visit-this-summer-official-2021-04-25/
Don't tell Fauci, Biden, CDC or rest of the democrat party that. Fauci just now admitted it's ok to be outdoors. The amount of mental disorders that he has caused in people is immeasurable and would take years to even get an idea.
Yep, we messed that up royally. Should have been pushing people outdoors for as many things as possible from the beginning.

Just remember through all of this (this is for everyone, not just you), but hindsight is always 20/20. Now, were the medical entities too slow in changing guidelines, etc.? Yes, of course, but some things we just did not know initially and are now catching up with these changes. This one, we were really, really slow with and were wrong about.
BS. It was way worse than just slow messaging. It was manipulation and control. Doctors last spring/ summer were coming out with logical messaging based on study of this virus as well as viruses throughout history. They were silenced or censored. People were getting harassed for being on a beach by themselves or in a park. Me... a joe blow who has no medical training understood last summer that outdoors in the fresh air coronavirus particles could not easily spread. It was close contact indoors where most spread took place.

It was ironic because while politicians were hammering people for attempting to open a business or do activities because it wasn't safe to go outside or leave your home at the same time they justified thousands taking to the streets screaming and spitting in people's faces and setting buildings on fire. During all those summer riots we should've had millions of cases pop up everywhere in those cities and yet we did not. But the messaging never changed... only rioting was allowed while 4th of July events were cancelled. We also knew schools could open safely with measures and yet we refused to follow that. Gyms and restaurants went broke while studies showed they couldn't trace that many cases back to a gym or a restaurant.

Data and science stopped being followed by most of our leaders about 1 month into shutdown last year and it never got better. People's trust in government and media is at an all time low and they earned it. If you want to complain about people not getting their vaccine now than you need to blame power hungry bureaucrats like Fauci and corrupt politicians like some of these governors and Biden.

Totally agree with most of this, but I wouldn't be so certain about restaurants and especially gyms as being places where the virus doesn't spread. Yeah they couldn't trace it back to those places, but that's likely because those places were shut down or had extreme safety restrictions. Gyms are some of the nastiest, dirtiest places you can go in regards to spreading viruses.
PackPA2015
ncsualum05 said:

PackPA2015 said:

ncsualum05 said:

PackPA2015 said:

Slow down, brother. I tried to convey that I was not trying to call you out with my post. I apologize if that's what it came across as. I am not saying at all that I agree with Fauci, et al. about how things were handled. The medical community, including myself, got things wrong, because we just didn't know about some aspects of the virus or we treated it like SARS I or got bad information from the top down.

I am totally agreeing with you on the outdoors message. We, and I am including myself as part of the medical community, screwed that up completely. We told people to play it safe and just stay home. We thought it would be okay to go outdoors with natural ventilation, but the messaging as you alluded to did not reference that. I did not agree with the message that protests and riots were okay while playing on a playground was not. I did not think we should have shut down national parks, etc. because of COVID. I am not at all saying that was the right thing to do.

I just don't always agree with blaming "the opposite party", and this goes for both sides, when we didn't know what the answer was until later on in the process. I am not saying that the outdoors message or mask mandate was a part of that. I totally admit that there was fault there. Again, apologies if I did not make my point very well. Hope this makes more sense.
PackPA2015
Everpack said:

They closed national parks and gates on national forest land. That wasn't being slow to change the message, that was being intentionally restrictive to try to prove a point in the face of decades of virus transmission research and data.
I can't speak for their purpose. I did not agree with it as it happened and I still don't. That was not my point I was trying to make. I tried to elaborate with my second post a little better.
ncsualum05
PackPA2015 said:

ncsualum05 said:

PackPA2015 said:

ncsualum05 said:

PackPA2015 said:

Slow down, brother. I tried to convey that I was not trying to call you out with my post. I apologize if that's what it came across as. I am not saying at all that I agree with Fauci, et al. about how things were handled. The medical community, including myself, got things wrong, because we just didn't know about some aspects of the virus or we treated it like SARS I or got bad information from the top down.

I am totally agreeing with you on the outdoors message. We, and I am including myself as part of the medical community, screwed that up completely. We told people to play it safe and just stay home. We thought it would be okay to go outdoors with natural ventilation, but the messaging as you alluded to did not reference that. I did not agree with the message that protests and riots were okay while playing on a playground was not. I did not think we should have shut down national parks, etc. because of COVID. I am not at all saying that was the right thing to do.

I just don't always agree with blaming "the opposite party", and this goes for both sides, when we didn't know what the answer was until later on in the process. I am not saying that the outdoors message or mask mandate was a part of that. I totally admit that there was fault there. Again, apologies if I did not make my point very well. Hope this makes more sense.
I wasn't ranting at you either sorry. I just think it was extremely political and definitely was worse than just hindsight or slow messaging.
PackPA2015
Looking back at my post, I probably should have made those 2 separate posts. I can definitely see where that could be easily misconstrued. No worries.
ZAXPACK15
https://www.genesispub.org/j-oral-med-and-dent-res/the-covid-19-pathway-a-proposed-oral-vascular-pulmonary-route-of-sars-cov-2-infection-and-the-importance-of-oral-healthcare-measures

New findings shows that Covid might enter through your gums instead of airways. Those folks sticking their noses out above their masks to breath might be safe after all.

Wife is a dentist so that's how I heard about this hypothesis.
3rd generation CALS grad
packgrad

GuerrillaPack
These experimental vaccines are safe and effec...

By the way, vaccine manufacturers have complete protection from liability by law from harm caused by their vaccines. Also, I'm hearing that health insurance may not cover your costs if you are injured because the vaccine is classified as "experimental". Can you imagine the hospital bill this woman may have to pay?

Something to think about before you trust these companies to inject their mystery concoctions of who knows what into your veins.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
PackPA2015
GuerrillaPack said:

That is 1 case out of how many people that we have vaccinated now with the Pfizer vaccine? If this was happening in a significant portion of the population, then yes, we would be concerned. It's not.

This is why we study these vaccines in thousands of people with all different backgrounds, ethnicities, and health issues. They have proven very safe and extremely effective.

ETA: The incidence of Guillain-Barre syndrome (acute flaccid paralysis) in the U.S. population is 1.2-3 per 100K. The incidence of this syndrome after a COVID vaccination is less than that. It is actually more common after having a bacterial or viral illness than after a vaccine of any type.
GuerrillaPack
PackPA2015 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

That is 1 case out of how many people that we have vaccinated now with the Pfizer vaccine? If this was happening in a significant portion of the population, then yes, we would be concerned. It's not.

This is why we study these vaccines in thousands of people with all different backgrounds, ethnicities, and health issues. They have proven very safe and extremely effective.

"Safe and effective"...sure,sure. If we repeat the mantra enough maybe it will actually make it true.

No way in hell I'm letting them inject me with any of this.

There are many other cases of people being paralyzed with these covid vaccines. I was reading/watching a couple reports just yesterday on a couple other cases of paralysis that just happened. This is widespread. A lot of adverse reactions aren't being reported. It was bad enough with the Johnson & Johnson jab that they had to hit pause- for blood clot issues.

I'm also hearing there may be infertility issues with women as a side effect. Some of these side effects may not manifest until later.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
PackPA2015
GuerrillaPack said:

PackPA2015 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

"Safe and effective"...sure,sure. If we repeat the mantra enough maybe it will actually make it true.

There are many other cases of people being paralyzed with these covid vaccines. I was reading/watching a couple reports just yesterday on a couple other cases of paralysis that just happened. This is widespread. A lot of adverse reactions aren't being reported. It was bad enough with the Johnson & Johnson jab that they had to hit pause- for blood clot issues.

I'm also hearing there may be infertility issues with women as a side effect. Some of these side effects may not manifest until later.
Obviously, it is completely your decision to be vaccinated or not, but your reports are just untrue. Medical providers have to report potential vaccine adverse effects to their local health departments and the CDC. It is required by law and our medical license. Again, Guillain-Barre which is the paralysis is more common after having any type of bacterial or viral illness than it is with any vaccine.

The blood clots were 16 cases out of all the vaccinated individuals. It is literally a one in a million chance.

There are no infertility issues with the vaccine. This has been disproved many times. Hence, why they are recommending the vaccine for pregnant females. The American Academy of Obstetrics recommends the vaccines for all females regardless of pregnancy status or attempting to become pregnant.

ETA: Where are you getting your information that paralysis secondary to COVID vaccinations is widespread? Just curious.
Daviewolf83
PackPA2015 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

PackPA2015 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Obviously, it is completely your decision to be vaccinated or not, but your reports are just untrue. Medical providers have to report potential vaccine adverse effects to their local health departments and the CDC. It is required by law and our medical license. Again, Guillain-Barre which is the paralysis is more common after having any type of bacterial or viral illness than it is with any vaccine.

The blood clots were 16 cases out of all the vaccinated individuals. It is literally a one in a million chance.

There are no infertility issues with the vaccine. This has been disproved many times. Hence, why they are recommending the vaccine for pregnant females. The American Academy of Obstetrics recommends the vaccines for all females regardless of pregnancy status or attempting to become pregnant.

ETA: Where are you getting your information that paralysis secondary to COVID vaccinations is widespread? Just curious.
You are absolutely correct PackPA. The reports of issues are being hyped by the anti-vaxers (I'm talking about
Alex Berenson - an absolutely horrible person by the way) and others who believe all kinds of wild tails about the vaccines. I read of a school in Florida last night that has banned students and staff from getting the vaccine. They cite unnamed doctors who claim people who are vaccinated put the non-vaccinated people at higher risk for getting Covid. If a staff member gets the vaccine, they will be fired.

I also want to see the evidence for widespread paralysis after vaccine and if it comes from the VAERS reporting (Alex is real fond of that site), expect to be challenged. The VAERS system includes unverified data that can be input by anyone with access. It is an input system for data and not a system for reporting verified data.

This statement comes directly from the VAERS website:

"The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) database contains information on unverified reports of adverse events (illnesses, health problems and/or symptoms) following immunization with US-licensed vaccines. Reports are accepted from anyone and can be submitted electronically at www.vaers.hhs.gov."
wilmwolf
I hadn't realized how sore my arm still was a week and a half after the second shot until I was running the massage gun over my muscles last night and hit that spot. It hurt like hell.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Daviewolf83
As of 4/20, the CDC reports the following:

# people fully vaccinated = 87M
# people infected after full vaccination = 7,157
# people hospitalized after full vaccination = 498
# people who died after full vaccination = 88

Here are the percentages for people becoming infected, hospitalized, or dying after full vaccination:

Percent infected = 0.008%
Percent hospitalization = 0.0006%
Percentage that died = 0.0001%
GuerrillaPack
One of the other recent cases of paralysis I saw, a woman in Pittsburgh paralyzed after the first Pfizer shot a few days ago, with doctors confirming that the vaccine was the cause:

johntom
Daviewolf83 said:

Here are the percentages for people becoming infected, hospitalized, or dying after full vaccination:

I think this is great news as far as containing the virus but honestly doesn't make me feel great about limiting serious infections. A 1% death rate for those actually contracting the virus after vaccination is about what it is for people without the vaccine. I imagine there's some other factors involved with why people were infected after vaccination or potentially the actual cause of death not being directly related to COVID, but this is somewhat discouraging IMO.

Having said that I'm still 100% pro vaccine. Israel has showed that vaccinations work in controlling the spread of the virus. If we can continue getting these numbers up we should see a somewhat normal summer and beyond.
PackPA2015
Alright, now we are up to two cases out of the millions vaccinated. This is still less than the incidence of Guillain-Barre in the general population. Where have you seen it described as "widespread"?
WolfQuacker
johntom said:

Daviewolf83 said:

I think this is great news as far as containing the virus but honestly doesn't make me feel great about limiting serious infections. A 1% death rate for those actually contracting the virus after vaccination is about what it is for people without the vaccine. I imagine there's some other factors involved with why people were infected after vaccination or potentially the actual cause of death not being directly related to COVID, but this is somewhat discouraging IMO.

Having said that I'm still 100% pro vaccine. Israel has showed that vaccinations work in controlling the spread of the virus. If we can continue getting these numbers up we should see a somewhat normal summer and beyond.
1% is 10,000x higher than 0.0001% - I'd say that's a significant difference. That's 6 9's efficacy against death... which insanely good.
PackPA2015
johntom said:

Daviewolf83 said:

That is not a 1% death rate for post-vaccination. That is 0.0001% which is much, much lower than the 2-3% mortality rate for COVID in the U.S.
GuerrillaPack
PackPA2015 said:

Alright, now we are up to two cases out of the millions vaccinated. This is still less than the incidence of Guillain-Barre in the general population. Where have you seen it described as "widespread"?

It's more than two cases of paralysis. I've just shown two examples. And I didn't say/mean that cases of paralysis were widespread. What I'm saying is that negative side effects of all kinds are widespread.
PackPA2015
GuerrillaPack said:

PackPA2015 said:

It's more than two cases of paralysis. I've just shown two examples. And I didn't say/mean that cases of paralysis were widespread. What I'm saying is that negative side effects of all kinds are widespread.

What specific side effects are widespread?

Please, don't label the natural immune response symptoms - low grade fever, muscle aches, fatigue, etc. - as side effects.

To hit on this point one more time, we see around 3000-6000 cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome in the US every year due to various bacterial and viral illnesses. These did not increase in 2020 due to COVID and have not increased so far in 2021 due to vaccination.
Daviewolf83
PackPA2015 said:

johntom said:

Daviewolf83 said:

That is not a 1% death rate for post-vaccination. That is 0.0001% which is much, much lower than the 2-3% mortality rate for COVID in the U.S.
Additionally, we know from cases in NC that people who become infected with Covid-19 and are not vaccinated, approximately 4% will be hospitalized. This is compared to 0.0006% for people who are fully vaccinated that become hospitalized.

I am not sure how anyone could confuse 0.0001% with 1%. They are different in in magnitude by a factor 10,000.
RunsWithWolves26
Stop while you can PA. You're about to go down a very dark hole.
Mormad
It's not worth it, PA. The chance he will understand mirrors the true chance of serious side effects with vaccinations.
packgrad
I though the mortality rate was 1.8% and considered to be much lower since so many people probably had it and never knew.
Civilized
Daviewolf83 said:

PackPA2015 said:

johntom said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Additionally, we know from cases in NC that people who become infected with Covid-19 and are not vaccinated, approximately 4% will be hospitalized. This is compared to 0.0006% for people who are fully vaccinated that become hospitalized.

I am not sure how anyone could confuse 0.0001% with 1%. They are different in in magnitude by a factor 10,000.
I think johntom's just looking at 88 as a proportion of 7,157 infected post-vaccination and comparing that to the 2% mortality rate of infections currently pre-vaccinations.

What's lost in that analysis is that vaccines protect from death by proxy. They dramatically lower all infections in vaccinated individuals, so infections that become serious and result in death are also dramatically lowered.

Basically in a sample of 87MM unvaccinated Americans you'd expect orders of magnitude more deaths due to COVID than the 88 that actually did die. That's the comparison to make.
PackPA2015
packgrad said:

I though the mortality rate was 1.8% and considered to be much lower since so many people probably had it and never knew.

Currently, the mortality rate is 1.8% (# of confirmed deaths/# of confirmed cases). During the winter peaks, it got as high as 3%. You are correct that this not the "true" answer to the question, "if I get COVID, how likely am I to die from it" since we do not fully know the total number of COVID cases. It is estimated to be somewhere between 1-3% based on the latest projections and studies I have read.

ETA: We also know that as cases numbers go up, death numbers typically follow (pre-vaccination of course), so it likely would not change the mortality rate significantly one way or the other if we did truly know the actual number.
GuerrillaPack
Those CDC numbers...of those vaccinated, 88 deaths out of 7,157 cases. That's a mortality rate of 1.2%...not much better than the "1.8%" mortality rate being claimed prior to the miracle injections.

And that's if you believe any of this "official" data can be trusted to be accurate...which I don't.
PackPA2015
There have been 32 million COVID cases in the US and 576,000 deaths in people who were not vaccinated. Now compare those numbers to post-vaccination numbers and you see how well these vaccines work.
GuerrillaPack
PackPA2015 said:

There have been 32 million COVID cases in the US and 576,000 deaths in people who were not vaccinated. Now compare those numbers to post-vaccination numbers and you see how well these vaccines work.

As I said, the "official data" is hogwash. There are nowhere near a true 576k deaths from this cold virus. Those numbers are completely fraudulent - deliberately inflated by falsely attributing hundreds of thousands of deaths (actually caused by pre-existing health problems such as heart disease and pneumonia, mostly of people 80+ years old with serious pre-existing health problems) to this and fraudulently labeling them as "covid deaths".
johntom
Civilized said:

Daviewolf83 said:

PackPA2015 said:

johntom said:

Daviewolf83 said:

I think johntom's just looking at 88 as a proportion of 7,157 infected post-vaccination and comparing that to the 2% mortality rate of infections currently pre-vaccinations.

What's lost in that analysis is that vaccines protect from death by proxy. They dramatically lower all infections in vaccinated individuals, so infections that become serious and result in death are also dramatically lowered.

Basically in a sample of 87MM unvaccinated Americans you'd expect orders of magnitude more deaths due to COVID than the 88 that actually did die. That's the comparison to make.
That's correct. Obviously the infection rate is much lower with vaccinated folks, but the mortality rate of those who were infected after being vaccinated did not to appear impressive initially to me.

I'm sure there are many reasons for that. Like I said, I'm still very much pro-vaccine. I just thought the numbers would be much lower since the vaccine was initially touted as not slowing the spread much, but almost guaranteeing that you wouldn't have a serious reaction to the virus if you contracted it.
PackPA2015
GuerrillaPack said:

PackPA2015 said:

As I said, the "official data" is hogwash. There are nowhere near a true 576k deaths from this cold virus. Those numbers are completely fraudulent - deliberately inflated by falsely attributing hundreds of thousands of deaths (actually caused by pre-existing health problems such as heart disease and pneumonia, mostly of people 80+ years old with serious pre-existing health problems) to this and fraudulently labeling them as "covid deaths".

Okay, man. You are wrong, but you are entitled to your opinion. I just want you to know that not everyone in life is out to get you or hoodwink you or see you suffer. Not everything is a fun conspiracy theory to promote.
PackPA2015
I see what you were saying now. I get that, but COVID is still a nasty, deadly virus. The vaccines have dropped the rate of hospitalizations and deaths tremendously, but some will still get sick and some will still die, but it will be much less than without it.
Daviewolf83
Civilized said:

Daviewolf83 said:

PackPA2015 said:

johntom said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Exactly. If you do not get infected with Covid, you can not be hospitalized due to Covid and you can not die from Covid. The key is to avoid becoming infected and we know the vaccines do an excellent job of preventing infection, particularly serious infection.

We do know that people getting vaccinated actually lowers infection for unvaccinated people. So, to those who do not want to get vaccinated - you're welcome.
First Page Last Page
Page 262 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.