Coronavirus

2,004,628 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 41 min ago by Werewolf
GuerrillaPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackPA2015 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

PackPA2015 said:

There have been 32 million COVID cases in the US and 576,000 deaths in people who were not vaccinated. Now compare those numbers to post-vaccination numbers and you see how well these vaccines work.

As I said, the "official data" is hogwash. There are nowhere near a true 576k deaths from this cold virus. Those numbers are completely fraudulent - deliberately inflated by falsely attributing hundreds of thousands of deaths (actually caused by pre-existing health problems such as heart disease and pneumonia, mostly of people 80+ years old with serious pre-existing health problems) to this and fraudulently labeling them as "covid deaths".

Okay, man. You are wrong, but you are entitled to your opinion. I just want you to know that not everyone in life is out to get you or hoodwink you or see you suffer. Not everything is a fun conspiracy theory to promote.

No, you're wrong. And you slapping the label "conspiracy theory" on my view doesn't invalidate it. I don't base my views on theories. I base them on evidence/facts. And the fact of the matter is that conspiracies are a reality in our world - especially in spheres of power. For whatever reason many people can't see it, or refuse to admit it...but there are MASSIVE levels of deception, fraud, and organized criminality being perpetrated by governments, big corporations, and other powerful institutions in society.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GoPack71
Quick question, so the deaths attributed to COVID prior to the vaccine are fraudulent and inflated, but the deaths attributed to COVID post vaccine are cold hard facts?

They're from the same source, their information is either reputable or not.
RunsWithWolves26
That doesn't fit the narrative! You haven't been here very long have you??
ncsualum05
Daviewolf83 said:

As of 4/20, the CDC reports the following:

# people fully vaccinated = 87M
# people infected after full vaccination = 7,157
# people hospitalized after full vaccination = 498
# people who died after full vaccination = 88

Here are the percentages for people becoming infected, hospitalized, or dying after full vaccination:

Percent infected = 0.008%
Percent hospitalization = 0.0006%
Percentage that died = 0.0001%
This is awesome!

Vaccinations = seasonal...... cold.

That means going forward if you feel sick and get covid than just take some robitussin *****es.
GuerrillaPack
GoPack71 said:

Quick question, so the deaths attributed to COVID prior to the vaccine are fraudulent and inflated, but the deaths attributed to COVID post vaccine are cold hard facts?

They're from the same source, their information is either reputable or not.

I said in my initial post from today referencing the CDC data that I don't trust ANY of the "official" data - whether pre or post the magical mystery concoction injections.

Where did you get the idea that I would consider the newer CDC data to be accurate? I never said anything that would indicate that.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Mormad
GuerrillaPack said:

PackPA2015 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

PackPA2015 said:

There have been 32 million COVID cases in the US and 576,000 deaths in people who were not vaccinated. Now compare those numbers to post-vaccination numbers and you see how well these vaccines work.

As I said, the "official data" is hogwash. There are nowhere near a true 576k deaths from this cold virus. Those numbers are completely fraudulent - deliberately inflated by falsely attributing hundreds of thousands of deaths (actually caused by pre-existing health problems such as heart disease and pneumonia, mostly of people 80+ years old with serious pre-existing health problems) to this and fraudulently labeling them as "covid deaths".

Okay, man. You are wrong, but you are entitled to your opinion. I just want you to know that not everyone in life is out to get you or hoodwink you or see you suffer. Not everything is a fun conspiracy theory to promote.

No, you're wrong. And you slapping the label "conspiracy theory" on my view doesn't invalidate it. I don't base my views on theories. I base them on evidence/facts. And the fact of the matter is that conspiracies are a reality in our world - especially in spheres of power. For whatever reason many people can't see it, or refuse to admit it...but there are MASSIVE levels of deception, fraud, and organized criminality being perpetrated by governments, big corporations, and other powerful institutions in society.

The only fact here is that you don't have a clue what you're talking about as to your "evidence" relating to covid. I enjoy reading some of your takes, but you're simply wrong on this topic. But keep fighting the good fight, friend.
Daviewolf83
No matter your political views, you have to admit this is funny. I laughed out loud when I read the headline.

packgrad
Fantastic
WolfQuacker
The other thing to consider when comparing death rates of those who have been infected pre and post vaccination is that that does not take into account age groups. If you look at the distribution of the vaccine, younger / healthier individuals are waaaay underrepresented in the post vaccination metrics. Apples and oranges at this point.
Civilized
LOLOLOL well played. Bee is great.
Civilized
Great point.
Oldsouljer
Civilized said:

They're getting a lot of attention, including the wrong kind from the likes of Facebook.
IseWolf22
Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

They're getting a lot of attention, including the wrong kind from the likes of Facebook.
I don't understand the people who get salty over the Onion and Babylon Bee. It's like getting offended over Southpark
Civilized
IseWolf22 said:

Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

I don't understand the people who get salty over the Onion and Babylon Bee. It's like getting offended over Southpark
The Bee skins it just right so often that I honestly think a lot of people don't recognize it as satire.

The Onion trends into the ridiculous a little more often so it's easier to recognize.

Can you imagine what your world view would be if you're using the Bee as a primary news source?
Daviewolf83
Civilized said:

IseWolf22 said:

Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

The Bee skins it just right so often that I honestly think a lot of people don't recognize it as satire.

The Onion trends into the ridiculous a little more often so it's easier to recognize.

Can you imagine what your world view would be if you're using the Bee as a primary news source?
I think there are people who do believe the Bee is real, which is a little scary when you think about it. In the past, I have also seen supposedly really smart people quoting The Onion, thinking it was real as well.

I agree with you that the Bee tends to stick closer to a real story and as such, their satire can be harder to recognize. I also find some of the real news stories these days are so crazy, they appear to be satire. I love both the Bee and the Onion. I enjoy having a satirical view and find hit helps to balance out all the crazy political back and forth we get from social media today.
wilmwolf
Hard time to be in the satire business with as messed up as the world can be.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wayland
Not that anyone really cares or actively follows this stuff, but I found it interesting that this last little bump in COVID-19 peaked right about the same time as a peak in non-COVID19 Coronaviruses in the Southern US.

Either way, good to see other viruses peaking their heads back up.

RunsWithWolves26
That's good info. Thanks Wayland
Daviewolf83
That is interesting. Thanks for posting. I wonder what is happening environmentally to cause that seasonal bump?
Wayland
Looks like NC lifting outdoor mask mandate. Will continue recommendations but no requirements for outdoor masking.

Waiting to see the EO.

EDIT: Sounds like their recommendations will follow CDC guidance, but at least they are saying youth sports outside don't need masks...... (not that they ever did)

Waiting to see the EO.
WPNfamily
Mormad said:

It's not worth it, PA. The chance he will understand mirrors the true chance of serious side effects with vaccinations.

Hahaha I laughed out loud. And I actually enjoy some of his rants!
statefan91
ncsualum05
statefan91 said:

So the good "Dr" says 2/3 with one shot? So it's not full vaccination required then. Well we may still not get to that number for a while but easier to get to 1 shot than full I suppose.
Daviewolf83
Here's the link to the EO:

EO209 Easing Statewide Restrictions
Daviewolf83
As far as how we are tracking to meet 2/3 vaccinated with a first dose, here's the latest track. NC is currently 168K behind the track with 34 days remaining.

Below is how NC is doing with vaccinations by age group:

Wayland
Daviewolf83 said:

Here's the link to the EO:

EO209 Easing Statewide Restrictions
As frustrated as I have been with Cooper/Cohen. I appreciate at least they have a plan/guidance for easing. That is a start.

This EO: Lifts all Outdoor mask mandates.

June 1: Remove remaining indoor capacity restrictions.

2/3 1st dose vaccination: Remove all mask mandates.
TheStorm
ncsualum05 said:

statefan91 said:

So the good "Dr" says 2/3 with one shot? So it's not full vaccination required then. Well we may still not get to that number for a while but easier to get to 1 shot than full I suppose.
Science! (or polls)

Take your pick...
TheStorm
ncsualum05 said:

statefan91 said:

It doesn't seem like it has even been a month since it was inferred that we might need a third Pfizer shot even... now everything is miraculously fine again (even though it probably always has been for the VAST majority of us).
Civilized
TheStorm said:

ncsualum05 said:

statefan91 said:

It doesn't seem like it has even been a month since it was inferred that we might need a third Pfizer shot even... now everything is miraculously fine again (even though it probably always has been for the VAST majority of us).

It still sounds relatively likely we'll need boosters within the next year.

Is that the third shot you're referring to?
TheStorm
Well here's what is on the NCDHHS website right now:

1,765 Newly Reported Cases
6.2% Daily Percent Positive
1,117 Currently Hospitalized

Weren't the two (2) lower numbers (of the three listed) "major" areas of concern just even 4, 6, 12 months ago?!?

Has the "science" changed that much?
PackPA2015
In real world studies, Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were 94% effective at preventing hospitalizations in 65+ fully vaccinated individuals and 64% effective in those with 1 dose.

[url=https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7018e1.htm?s_cid=mm7018e1_w][/url]Reduction of Hospitalizations

ETA: Not sure what I did to that link to make it appear twice.
ncsualum05
TheStorm said:

Well here's what is on the NCDHHS website right now:

1,765 Newly Reported Cases
6.2% Daily Percent Positive
1,117 Currently Hospitalized

Weren't the two (2) lower numbers (of the three listed) "major" areas of concern just even 4, 6, 12 months ago?!?

Has the "science" changed that much?
Well the vaccinations are the main difference. And if you look at the graphs posted on this thread it looks like the vast majority of people 65 and up are already done.

I think it's good the state is finally loosening up but the mask mandate is still probably misguided. It appears we've already met an acceptable threshold with vulnerable people. They should give everyone a choice. All emergency orders will be lifted by June 1. You have time to get a vaccine. Everyone is eligible. If not it's your choice but at that point life will resume normally so you choose how you want to live, what risks you want to take, and whether or not you want to be vaccinated.
Daviewolf83
TheStorm said:

ncsualum05 said:

statefan91 said:

The person suggesting a third Pfizer shot was the CEO of Pfizer, so I can understand his desire for the use of a third dose. Dr. Gandhi took issue with his opinion shortly after it was made public. Bottom line - vaccines not only produce a robust antibodies, they more importantly generate T-Cells. Her view is the T-Cells will have much more long-lasting protection against the virus that causes Covid-19 - even after antibodies begin to fade. T-Cell protection can last for years, according to her and others I have followed.

The only reason we may need another dose of the vaccine is if the virus mutates to the extent that it begins to evade prior protection. So far, the current vaccines appear to offer protection against the known variants.

Here's an article from the WSJ Dr. Gandhi linked to in recent tweet. An important paragraph from the article states:

"Dr. Gandhi notes that even if antibody levels wane, there is evidence from a new preprint that memory B cells are generated by the Pfizer vaccine seven weeks after vaccination. Memory B cells are white blood cells that can be stimulated to produce new antibodies decades later. A 2008 Nature study found that survivors of the 1918 influenza pandemic were able to produce antibodies from memory B cells when exposed to the same influenza strain nine decades later."

How long do Covid-19 vaccines provide immunity
Daviewolf83
PackPA2015 said:

In real world studies, Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were 94% effective at preventing hospitalizations in 65+ fully vaccinated individuals and 64% effective in those with 1 dose.

[url=https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7018e1.htm?s_cid=mm7018e1_w][/url]Reduction of Hospitalizations

ETA: Not sure what I did to that link to make it appear twice.
Here's the latest age stratification data on hospitalizations in NC. I have stripped out the daily data and only included the 7-day moving averages, to make the charts more readable. Please not how much the age stratification has been reduced over the past couple of months, as we vaccinated high numbers of people aged 65+. This is not due to seasonality - it is due to the vaccines.

This is why people who say the vaccines do not work or are not needed are just showing how little they know about the vaccines.

bigeric
Just a thought.
Are T-cells & memory B cells passed to the recipient of a blood transfusion?
First Page Last Page
Page 263 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.