Coronavirus

2,001,571 Views | 19843 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Werewolf
tuffy1006
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Talked to my grandma today at lunch. She sounded good. Didn't sound congested at all. She says she is feeling blah because she doesn't like being that far from home. Going to Raleigh to see her tomorrow outside her window and talk with her for a few. Day 5 today and still no reasonable symptoms showing.
Thanks for the update on your grandmother and I am glad to hear that she is still feeling okay. Hopefully, she will continue to remain free of symptoms and can get out of Raleigh soon. Drive safely on your trip tomorrow to visit her and let her know she has a lot of people pulling for her.

I will buddy. Thanks. One thing I brought up to my dad was why haven't they tested her again. Let's say she actually had a false positive. It sure wouldn't help her to be in a facility now with nothing but covid patients. I figured they would have tested her again by now but they haven't. That woman has been through a lot in her 83 years. Today, she just said she wanted to come back home so she wasn't so far from her family.
Hope/praying for the best
JasonNCSU
My wife just got her first Pfizer shot yesterday... Gets the second January 8th... Here we go!!!!
Mormad
I get mine next Saturday after vacay
PackMom
Hey, you medical people - if you don't get reactions to vaccines does that mean your immune system isn't responding properly? Someone I know had the pneumonia vaccine recently and says she can't lift her arm. I had that a few weeks ago and other than some occasional momentary soreness, it really didn't bother me. Same with the flu shot and Shingrix, and we'd been told that Shingrix was rough.
PackPA2015
PackMom said:

Hey, you medical people - if you don't get reactions to vaccines does that mean your immune system isn't responding properly? Someone I know had the pneumonia vaccine recently and says she can't lift her arm. I had that a few weeks ago and other than some occasional momentary soreness, it really didn't bother me. Same with the flu shot and Shingrix, and we'd been told that Shingrix was rough.

No, you do not have to have reactions to know your immune system is working. It will recognize those proteins and build the immune response regardless of how it shows that response outwardly or not.
PackMom
Thank you. Just seems odd when other people have such strong reactions, and they get told it's because their immune response to the vaccine is good.
tuffy1006
PackMom said:

I'm not a medical person but my whole fam gets flu shots. The healthier ones like myself get zero immune response....the less healthier ones get a little bit "sick", basically an immune response.

I was told that if you get an immune response its kinda like having the virus without the viral particles present....the viral particles seems to be whats causing the autoimmune response, ie the cytokine storm which is a rapid inflammation of the lungs. Think of it as having gout crystals in your lungs....which is actually why gout medications have seen positive results.

the vaccine allows you to avoid those particles. While building the same immune response as if you did. Younger, healthier people do seem to have less reaction to vaccines in my experience. This vaccine at this point seems to be no different.

GuerrillaPack
Follow this guy on YouTube to find out what's really going on with this Rona fraud:

Pacfanweb
LOL, that guy is a nobody. The next thing he posts that is the truth will be the first.
ciscopack
GuerrillaPack said:

Follow this guy on YouTube to find out what's really going on with this Rona fraud:

Social media is trying to sell ads and it will lead you to anything you want to find! It will find what you are looking for so the ads can get to you. If you're dead certain the earth is flat and that there are 150,000 Abominable snowmen; social media will find that for you. It wants to keep you interested. I do 1 social media and it involves NC State sports and it finds that for me.

Because of fraud, there are over 300,000 dead now and probably over 400,000 in 1 years time; without fraud that number would probably be 1/2 that or less.

Covid-19 Live Updates: Head of U.S. Vaccine Distribution Apologizes to States for Shortfalls

Minnesota state senator dies after being diagnosed with Covid-19

Local hospitals overwhelmed with COVID-19 patients

Lasting COVID-19 side effects force patients to change their diets, lifestyles

CDC COVID Data Tracker
PackPA2015
Guerilla, you need to spend a day with some of us who treat these patients on a daily basis. You would change your opinions real quick. This virus is devastating lives, families, economies. Not sure how you cannot see that.
Pacfanweb
PackPA2015 said:

Guerilla, you need to spend a day with some of us who treat these patients on a daily basis. You would change your opinions real quick. This virus is devastating lives, families, economies. Not sure how you cannot see that.

He doesn't need to. There's some dude on YouTube that knows more than any of you doctors do.
RunsWithWolves26
Quick update on my grandma. Went and saw her for about 30 mins today. She looked and sounded good. Thankfully, my brother is a Dr at Rex so he can get info pretty good. They have started her on anti clot meds just for precaution. They are also starting her tomorrow on a trail being done by Ellie lilly. So far, she seems to be doing good. Apparently her levels were a little elevated which is why they started her on the anti clot meds. Hoping to continue with good news. Thanks for the prayers y'all. Means a lot and grandma says thanks and she loves you all.
Colonel Armstrong
Go grandma go!
Pacfanweb
Great news!
Civilized
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Quick update on my grandma. Went and saw her for about 30 mins today. She looked and sounded good. Thankfully, my brother is a Dr at Rex so he can get info pretty good. They have started her on anti clot meds just for precaution. They are also starting her tomorrow on a trail being done by Ellie lilly. So far, she seems to be doing good. Apparently her levels were a little elevated which is why they started her on the anti clot meds. Hoping to continue with good news. Thanks for the prayers y'all. Means a lot and grandma says thanks and she loves you all.

God I love grandmas.

Sounds like she's in great hands and so glad she continues to do well!
GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

LOL, that guy is a nobody. The next thing he posts that is the truth will be the first.

I doubt you've ever listened to anything he's ever said. How can you judge what he says if you've never even listened to him?

And he's hardly a "nobody". That's just his backup channel.

He has over 120,000 subscribers on his main channel:

https://youtube.com/c/TheFullertonInformer
Pacfanweb
GuerrillaPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

I doubt you've ever listened to anything he's ever said. How can you judge what he says if you've never even listened to him?

I looked him up. He's just another nut with a youtube channel and a website. It's not that hard, I don't need to listen to him. Takes a couple of minutes to figure him out. I already know 2+2=4. I don't need to listen to some fool that tells people it's not so, or why he might think such an idiotic thing.

And by "nobody" I mean he's not a doctor, scientist, researcher or anyone else credible in the medical field. He might as well be Jenny McCarthy. Except she's at least hot.
Mormad
http://click.alerts.jamanetwork.com/click/axac-2c6ydp-v57icf-5g8auu33/

Good review of a study by Woolf, et al with plenty of referenced articles that are quite good.
Mormad
http://click.alerts.jamanetwork.com/click/axac-2c6ydp-v57icn-5g8auu31/

Study looking at household transmission rates
GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

I looked him up. He's just another nut with a youtube channel and a website. It's not that hard, I don't need to listen to him. Takes a couple of minutes to figure him out. I already know 2+2=4. I don't need to listen to some fool that tells people it's not so, or why he might think such an idiotic thing.

And by "nobody" I mean he's not a doctor, scientist, researcher or anyone else credible in the medical field. He might as well be Jenny McCarthy. Except she's at least hot.
Same tired old tactic of ad hominem, smear by name-calling. Never addressing the substance of the issues. In fact, refusing to even consider the argument of the other side, and just knee-jerk rejecting it before even substantively considering it.
Pacfanweb
GuerrillaPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

Same tired old tactic of ad hominem, smear by name-calling. Never addressing the substance of the issues. In fact, refusing to even consider the argument of the other side, and just knee-jerk rejecting it before even substantively considering it.
Last post I'll do on this thread and we'll get back to the 'Rona:

There's no "substance" to address. There's no "argument" to consider. Every single thing or point you, or that guy in the video ever makes is false. Again, there's no reason to argue with someone who claims 2+2=5.
So all the normal "niceties" of conversation and debate don't apply.

You should take PackPa up on his suggestion to go see some of the damage Corona is doing for yourself.

Now, let's get back to some real info. We're all far more interested in Run's Grandma and how she's doing with this. I'm hoping she gets home for Christmas.
GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

Last post I'll do on this thread and we'll get back to the 'Rona:

There's no "substance" to address. There's no "argument" to consider. Every single thing or point you, or that guy in the video ever makes is false. Again, there's no reason to argue with someone who claims 2+2=5.
So all the normal "niceties" of conversation and debate don't apply.

You should take PackPa up on his suggestion to go see some of the damage Corona is doing for yourself.

Now, let's get back to some real info. We're all far more interested in Run's Grandma and how she's doing with this. I'm hoping she gets home for Christmas.
You don't even know what arguments he's making, since you will not even consider his arguments. You admit you would not listen to him.

The gist of your argument seems to be that anyone who has an opinion contrary to the "Establishment" narrative pushed by the Lamestream media and government is a "nut", who can be immediately rejected as a "fool" simply because they don't toe the Establishment line. And therefore their argument "does not even need to be addressed". Basically, you are saying that whatever the government and Establishment media tells us to believe is "beyond questioning", and anyone who does question the Establishment narrative is a "idiot/nut/fool" who can be immediately dismissed without any substantive examination into the issues.
ciscopack
I have an old friend that played basketball and baseball with me in high school; he didn't care for football. We both could fly. We were good buddies and continued to be tight when I was in college and I have not seen him in years. Every now and then when he is going to break, he'll play a song, this one is for my buddy cisco; an old BTO song just the other day. We lived 5 miles apart but he has no southern drawl and I have plenty. He lives in Arizona and he's the host on a 3 hour Conservative radio show in southern California; he used to live in California. I've never called in but my brother has. I'll hunt the show up for a few minutes sometimes, just to hear my buddy on the radio (it's on an AM and FM station at the same time). Guerrilla would love the show; they talk the same language but my buddy is a little more sensible. I want to call my buddy up and tell him and his co-host to visit and volunteer at a Southern Cal hospital in San Diego or LA, in their spare time. They'd go over there mask-less and bring Covid back to Arizona and I don't want them to get it either. The dude will always be my buddy! My dad coached his older brother in baseball and basketball in high school and my mom taught the older brother and the older sister in the 2nd or 3rd grade.

I won't form my opinions with Trump's want-a-be new "special counsel" Sidney Powell, Rudy Giuliani, Michael Flynn and the Donald.

Grandmas ROCK.
RunsWithWolves26
Another update. Hope I ain't boring you guys. Grandma is getting her infusion as we speak. Great news as she was supposed to get it until Tuesday. Nurse says she is still doing fine so that's good. Hopefully this infusion will help fight off any symptoms should they occur. Hoping to have a little more info later today. Thanks again for all the prayers. As grandma always says "God is good, all the time."
PackMom
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Another update. Hope I ain't boring you guys. Grandma is getting her infusion as we speak. Great news as she was supposed to get it until Tuesday. Nurse says she is still doing fine so that's good. Hopefully this infusion will help fight off any symptoms should they occur. Hoping to have a little more info later today. Thanks again for all the prayers. As grandma always says "God is good, all the time."

Great news! Thanks for the updates. Not boring at all!
Pacfanweb
Not boring at all, keep the updates coming!
Glasswolf
Just a reminder to keep everything civil here. James has noticed the not so civil back and forth that has gone on in this thread and other threads and made some deletions of post. When James starts noticing things people are complaining. People complaining cost James $$$
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Daviewolf83
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Great news!! Please keep the updates coming and I hope she is able to get back home soon.
Daviewolf83
Mormad said:

http://click.alerts.jamanetwork.com/click/axac-2c6ydp-v57icn-5g8auu31/

Study looking at household transmission rates
Mormad - Thanks for posting links to both studies. Lots of very good information in both studies.
Daviewolf83
PackPA or Mormad - I have a question regarding the Pfizer vaccine that I have been considering for a few days that I hope you can address. It has been reported that a few people have experienced severe allergic reactions to the vaccine. How do they determine risk of a severe allergic reaction with regards to some people not being able to take this vaccine?

I have a severe allergy to shellfish (touching it will invoke a severe reaction), so I was wondering if this is something to be concerned with regards to the Pfizer vaccine (or any other Covid vaccines).
PackPA2015
Daviewolf83 said:

PackPA or Mormad - I have a question regarding the Pfizer vaccine that I have been considering for a few days that I hope you can address. It has been reported that a few people have experienced severe allergic reactions to the vaccine. How do they determine risk of a severe allergic reaction with regards to some people not being able to take this vaccine?

I have a severe allergy to shellfish (touching it will invoke a severe reaction), so I was wondering if this is something to be concerned with regards to the Pfizer vaccine (or any other Covid vaccines).

The thought is that those reactions was to the polyethylene glycol in the vaccine.

As far as food allergies, the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology states there is very little risk to anyone with food, medication, or latex allergies. You should be good, but always have an Epipen on hand just in case.
Daviewolf83
PackPA2015 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

The thought is that those reactions was to the polyethylene glycol in the vaccine.

As far as food allergies, the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology states there is very little risk to anyone with food, medication, or latex allergies. You should be good, but always have an Epipen on hand just in case.
Thanks PackPA. This is good information and very helpful. Given my history with allergies, I do plan to get my vaccination in a hospital setting. My daughter is immuno-compromised, so she will be getting her vaccination under the advice of her doctor. She rarely goes out in public and when she does, she takes lots of precautions. My wife and I still do the majority of her grocery shopping. Luckily, her job is 100% remote, so she has been able to work during the pandemic. She is looking forward to the day when she can go out in public with friends. She did not attend any of her brother's college football games this Fall and is not attending any family gatherings for Christmas (she skipped Thanksgiving as well).
Daviewolf83
I just wanted to post some information that we should consider:

- Less than 1% of the US population lives in long-term care facilities, but people from these facilities make up 40% of all Covid deaths in the US.

- In NC, over 50% of the Covid deaths have come from Congregate facilities and the vast majority of these deaths are from long-term care facilities.

- This coming week, many states will begin significant operations to vaccinate people living and working in long-term care facilities. In many states, the vaccinations will be carried out by employees from Walgreens and CVS drug stores.

- West Virginia, Delaware, Connecticut, and Florida have already started the vaccination of long-term care facilities. This week 1,100 long-term care facilities will begin vaccinations.

- The Moderna vaccine will be used outside of clinical trials for the first time this week. This vaccine is key for long-term care facilities and rural areas, since it does not require the extreme cold storage the Pfizer vaccine requires.

- In total, 2.8 million doses of Pfizer vaccine have been distributed to date. Also, more than 550,000 Americans have received the vaccine. This is likely an undercount of the real number.

- This week, an additional 10 million doses of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines will be distributed across America.

- Estimates for vaccine supply (based on 2 doses per person) for the coming months are:

• End of Dec: enough for 20M people
  • End of Jan: enough for 30M more people
  • End of Feb: enough for 50M more people

So, by the end of February, the US should be able to vaccinate 100M people.

- If Johnson & Johnson vaccine is approved, an additional 100M people by June could be vaccinated.

- If you are curious, you can download the allocation of vaccine by State and jurisdiction at the following links:

Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine Distribution

Moderna Covid-19 Vaccine Distribution

- There are reports of a new coronavirus mutation from the UK and South Africa. Travel from the UK has been suspended by several other countries, due to the uncertainty caused by this new mutation.

- Early reports on the UK mutation indicate an increase in transmission, but not an increase in severity. It is unlikely the new mutation will effect the efficacy of the new vaccines. You can read more about these mutations in this NY Times article: The Coronvirus is Mutating. What does that mean for us?
PackMom
Thanks, Daviewolf! Always good to see your data and perspective.
First Page Last Page
Page 199 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.