Coronavirus

1,980,255 Views | 19754 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
statefan91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ciscopack
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Update on my grandma for anyone interested. They figure she was positive on Monday morning and tested positive on her weekly test Tuesday. They moved her to Raleigh to a facility doing trials for most nursing home patients. Today is technically day 4 she has been positive. As of 2 this afternoon, she is showing no signs or symptoms of covid. I'm knocking on every piece of wood I can find hoping it stays that way for her.
All the best to your grandma!
Pacfanweb
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Update on my grandma for anyone interested. They figure she was positive on Monday morning and tested positive on her weekly test Tuesday. They moved her to Raleigh to a facility doing trials for most nursing home patients. Today is technically day 4 she has been positive. As of 2 this afternoon, she is showing no signs or symptoms of covid. I'm knocking on every piece of wood I can find hoping it stays that way for her.
That's about as good as the news can be. Hope it continues
RunsWithWolves26
PackMom said:

Glad to hear she's doing well and pray it continues! Are they continuing to test her?

As of today, she hasn't been tested again.
RunsWithWolves26
Pacfanweb said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

That's about as good as the news can be. Hope it continues

Thank you
RunsWithWolves26
ciscopack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

All the best to your grandma!

Thank you
PackPA2015
We were just told today that 2 out of our 5 hospitals within an hour's drive are diverting patients to other hospitals, because they are so full. Spoke with an ER doc and he told me they had gurney's in the hallways with patients, because they had no rooms available.
TheStorm
Andrews, Bryson City? Where are we talking about exactly? For some reason, you never say...
PackPA2015
TheStorm said:

Andrews, Bryson City? Where are we talking about exactly? For some reason, you never say...

Well sir, I don't know who you are and giving out personal information is not a smart idea. I work in rural WNC in the foothills region. These are conversations that I have in private with other medical providers. I'm not going to let you know who they are or where they work just because you refuse to believe me. That's on you.
TheStorm
Wow. OK, bud...

Foothills are considered Statesville area... not exactly WNC based on my experiences of living west of there... twice.

Touchy for whatever reason...
PackPA2015
I'm just trying to provide context when folks say hospitals are filling up. It seemed like you were inferring that I am not sharing where I work, because I am making it up. I've said it before in this forum, healthcare workers are tired and frustrated. Sorry if that came across worse than I meant it.

Your edit did not help your point. Foothills are just below Blue Ridge Mountains which run on the western part of NC.
Civilized
RunsWithWolves26 said:

This is good news so far.

Do they have her on any preemptive therapies or just taking a wait and see approach?
TheStorm
PackPA2015 said:

I'm just trying to provide context when folks say hospitals are filling up. It seemed like you were inferring that I am not sharing where I work, because I am making it up. I've said it before in this forum, healthcare workers are tired and frustrated. Sorry if that came across worse than I meant it.

Your edit did not help your point. Foothills are just below Blue Ridge Mountains which run on the western part of NC.
I've probably lived out there almost as long as you have.

Look it up.

*Draw a line from Statesville to Forest City... hopefully you know where I'm talking about?
PackPA2015
TheStorm said:

PackPA2015 said:

I've probably lived out there almost as long as you have.

Look it up.

I work at the lower end of the Western Foothills. The hospitals I was referring to are just north and south of where I work.

packgrad
Oh my god... there's a basketball game on...
RunsWithWolves26
Civilized said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Do they have her on any preemptive therapies or just taking a wait and see approach?

Wait and see for now but they are ready to start her on a 4 hour IV treatment IF symptoms start to appear. Apparently it is what Trump got and not remdesivir.
Daviewolf83
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Civilized said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Wait and see for now but they are ready to start her on a 4 hour IV treatment IF symptoms start to appear. Apparently it is what Trump got and not remdesivir.
Sounds like it may be a monoclonal antibody treatment. It is supposedly having good results if administered shortly after diagnosis and before symptoms appear.

ciscopack
Whatever happened to the daily charts?

Covid-19 Live Updates: In California, Counting the Dead by the Hour

Putting 'politics in front of lives': DeSantis faces criticism over Florida's Covid-19 response

8 nuns die of COVID-19 in last week at Wisconsin convent

Moderna vaccine gets thumbs-up; states say their allotments are being cut; COVID-19 now nation's leading cause of death

RunsWithWolves26
Talked with my dad this morning and he said he talked with my grandma last night and she sounded a little congested. Could be just a nighttime thing or could be something more. He is going to call her this morning and then update me. This **** is stressful, I know that.
PackPA2015
You are exactly correct. It is incredibly stressful especially with loved ones. Stay strong, keep the faith. I am sure she will fight as hard as she can. Praying for you all.
RunsWithWolves26
PackPA2015 said:

You are exactly correct. It is incredibly stressful especially with loved ones. Stay strong, keep the faith. I am sure she will fight as hard as she can. Praying for you all.

Hell, all I've done since Wednesday morning is stress. The fact they took her 2.5 hours away made it even worse. I've known people, friends/family who have had covid and I've known a few that have passed away from it. None was I as close to as I am my grandma and I wouldn't wish the stress it puts on me on anyone. **** truly sucks.
caryking
This is hilarious... look at those eyes...

I'm not commenting on the possibilities with this nurse; just, thought it was funny...
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
ncsualum05
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Thank the lord and hope it stays that way.
RunsWithWolves26
pineknollshoresking said:

I'm not commenting on the possibilities with this nurse; just, thought it was funny...

Exactly what is funny about this?
packgrad
The black dude's facial reaction is funny. The idiocy behind a nurse that commonly passes out from pain being chosen to be the face of receiving the vaccine is funny.
Pacfanweb
packgrad said:

The black dude's facial reaction is funny. The idiocy behind a nurse that commonly passes out from pain being chosen to be the face of receiving the vaccine is funny.
Yep, that was monumentally stupid to choose her.
ciscopack
RunsWithWolves26 said:

PackPA2015 said:

Hell, all I've done since Wednesday morning is stress. The fact they took her 2.5 hours away made it even worse. I've known people, friends/family who have had covid and I've known a few that have passed away from it. None was I as close to as I am my grandma and I wouldn't wish the stress it puts on me on anyone. **** truly sucks.
Everyone here is pulling for her and I totally understand your feelings.
caryking
RunsWithWolves26 said:

pineknollshoresking said:

Exactly what is funny about this?
it's about the black guys eyes. I'm reading it as: if I get the vaccinations this going to happen to me? I think this was all in good fun...

I hope you were asking because you didn't get it.... or, were you offended?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
RunsWithWolves26
Talked to my grandma today at lunch. She sounded good. Didn't sound congested at all. She says she is feeling blah because she doesn't like being that far from home. Going to Raleigh to see her tomorrow outside her window and talk with her for a few. Day 5 today and still no reasonable symptoms showing.
Daviewolf83
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Talked to my grandma today at lunch. She sounded good. Didn't sound congested at all. She says she is feeling blah because she doesn't like being that far from home. Going to Raleigh to see her tomorrow outside her window and talk with her for a few. Day 5 today and still no reasonable symptoms showing.
Thanks for the update on your grandmother and I am glad to hear that she is still feeling okay. Hopefully, she will continue to remain free of symptoms and can get out of Raleigh soon. Drive safely on your trip tomorrow to visit her and let her know she has a lot of people pulling for her.
RunsWithWolves26
Daviewolf83 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Thanks for the update on your grandmother and I am glad to hear that she is still feeling okay. Hopefully, she will continue to remain free of symptoms and can get out of Raleigh soon. Drive safely on your trip tomorrow to visit her and let her know she has a lot of people pulling for her.

I will buddy. Thanks. One thing I brought up to my dad was why haven't they tested her again. Let's say she actually had a false positive. It sure wouldn't help her to be in a facility now with nothing but covid patients. I figured they would have tested her again by now but they haven't. That woman has been through a lot in her 83 years. Today, she just said she wanted to come back home so she wasn't so far from her family.
statefan91
RWW hope you continue to hear good things about Grandma.

Good news - Moderna got EUA and should be shipping pretty much immediately

RunsWithWolves26
statefan91 said:

RWW hope you continue to hear good things about Grandma.

Good news - Moderna got EUA and should be shipping pretty much immediately

Thanks buddy. Going to see her today. That is good news about moderna. Now, if we can just get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine approved in early January instead of February, we can get somewhere!
PackPA2015
Just received my first dose of the Pfizer COVID vaccine! Will let you guys and gals know how it goes.
RunsWithWolves26
PackPA2015 said:

Just received my first dose of the Pfizer COVID vaccine! Will let you guys and gals know how it goes.

Awesome news. Hope all goes well.
First Page Last Page
Page 198 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.