Coronavirus

1,980,882 Views | 19755 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by Werewolf
PackBacker07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

The majority of Americans approve of Trump's handling of coronavirus according to this poll.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nationalreview.com/corner/poll-majority-approves-of-trumps-handling-of-coronavirus-pandemic/amp/

Cool!
Y'all means ALL.
acslater1344
Yep his approval ratings for handling the crisis are way up since he started to take it more seriously.
RunsWithWolves26
Happy to see the numbers not doubling day by day as was predicted. Still 1/3 of cases total are in NY. That's a good sign IMO.
statefan91
72 hours out and no test results yet but at least my wife got tested. I have two kids under 5 and have honestly had a few breakdowns with the fact that we're not supposed to leave to go anywhere until we get the test results.

If any of you have friends with young children especially, please check on them and especially their mental health. Kids this young just need constant help and attention, it's been hard but just trying to take it one day at a time.
packgrad
I read somewhere that yesterday we had less deaths than the day before from the coronavirus. You'd think it would be easy to find that information if you google it. It isn't.
Everpack
packgrad said:

I read somewhere that yesterday we had less deaths than the day before from the coronavirus. You'd think it would be easy to find that information if you google it. It isn't.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Put that in your browser and keep a tab open. Pretty fascinating to watch throughout the day. The next couple of days are going to be telling. We're on pace again today for the total daily deaths to be flat. As I mentioned earlier, as long as you don't live in NYC, this is looking like a non-event for the rest of the country.
Ground_Chuck
Pandemic experts that predicted 2.2 million American deaths is the reason for policy changes at the federal level. It's not because of a ticker on CNN.

Nation is going to be locked downed next week, you guys really think this president would do that because of what the media is saying?

Some of you seem completely in denial over how serious this pandemic has become.
packgrad
Everpack said:

packgrad said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Put that in your browser and keep a tab open. Pretty fascinating to watch throughout the day. The next couple of days are going to be telling. We're on pace again today for the total daily deaths to be flat. As I mentioned earlier, as long as you don't live in NYC, this is looking like a non-event for the rest of the country.

Thanks!

The fall in the curve of Farr's Law.
packgrad
Ground_Chuck said:

Pandemic experts that predicted 2.2 million American deaths is the reason for policy changes at the federal level. It's not because of a ticker on CNN.

Nation is going to be locked downed next week, you guys really think this president would do that because of what the media is saying?

Some of you seem completely in denial over how serious this pandemic has become.

When we ultimately have not even 1/4 of their predicted deaths can we stop calling them experts?
RunsWithWolves26
Ground_Chuck said:

If you truly believe that many Americans will die from this, then that's your choice. No way do I believe anything to that happens. You do realize that would mean hundreds of millions would die worldwide based on population? That number makes zero sense at all. We are at 250 roughly deaths. You actually believe that number is going to go up 8,800 times?

Edut to add. Medical experts are expecting between 50000-150000 to be infected by this virus. Makes that 2.2 million number even more unreal. Not to mention, we are at a 1.3% death rate so far. That would mean almost the entire population would have to get it to equal those numbers
GuerrillaPack
Ground_Chuck said:

And so-called "experts" are never wrong? That "2.2 million death" prediction is based on a flawed (or deliberately misleading) analysis/calculation.

And how do you know that the nation is going to be locked down next week?
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
RunsWithWolves26
Trump just announced that the maleria drug along with a zpack will be delivered to NY to test how it works. Coumo has been asking for it and I believe the number was 10,000 of them to be sent. That would be a game changer if the results show as positive a result as they have in smaller test.
cowboypack02
PackBacker07 said:

82TxPackFan said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Obviously you are a diehard trump guy and that is perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with that. With that said, trump hasn't handled the press conferences well in some situations. In others, I feel like he has done a pretty good job. Can't believe I am saying this, but if he held his press conferences as well as the governor of NY has held his, a lot more people would feel better about how things are being done. Cuomo, a guy I've never really liked, IMO, has handled his press conferences extremely professionally and well.
I agree that Cuomo has done a great job of handling his conferences. To be fair though, he doesn't have a group of reporters screaming at him during the Q&A and asking questions that have nothing to do with the Coronavirus situation.

I do believe it would be better if Pence would handle the press conferences, but then certain members of the press would criticize Potus for not being engaged on the crisis.

Cuomo is not POTUS. It comes with the territory. What POTUS said yesterday in response to a softball question was grotesque.

Pence has been fine up there, but we need to hear more from Fauci.

Comes with the territory? Funny...I don't remember Obama getting those types of questions
packgrad
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Trump just announced that the maleria drug along with a zpack will be delivered to NY to test how it works. Coumo has been asking for it and I believe the number was 10,000 of them to be sent. That would be a game changer if the results show as positive a result as they have in smaller test.

Boom.
PossumJenkins
As a case study...NC has over 10 million residents currently. As of this on worldofmeters we have 246 covid cases. Out of over 10 million residents. Now...an article in the observer this morning, a state healthcare official listed how many of those 246 were hospitalized...and its 4. 4 people out of 10 million in the state of NC are hospitalized due to covid 19.
wilmwolf
In general, I just am not a fan of how the media operates, and I'm not just taking about politics. It seems to me that reporters have a story they want to write, based on their own personal convictions, and will ask however many questions in however many ways they need to until they get an answer that fits their preconceived idea. I just want the truth, whether that's the story you want to write, whether you agree with it personally or not, just provide the facts. If I want opinions, I'll go to social media, but if you want to be legitimate news, stick to the facts. Everyone wants to break a story and get their fifteen seconds of fame before the masses forget about it and move to the next thing. The initial reporting on the Kobe Bryant thing was disgusting with supposed reputable news sources just throwing **** out there. With this thing, I don't care if you think the President didn't handle it correctly, write that op-ed after it's all over, right now people need facts with no agenda.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
82TxPackFan
wilmwolf80 said:

In general, I just am not a fan of how the media operates, and I'm not just taking about politics. It seems to me that reporters have a story they want to write, based on their own personal convictions, and will ask however many questions in however many ways they need to until they get an answer that fits their preconceived idea. I just want the truth, whether that's the story you want to write, whether you agree with it personally or not, just provide the facts. If I want opinions, I'll go to social media, but if you want to be legitimate news, stick to the facts. Everyone wants to break a story and get their fifteen seconds of fame before the masses forget about it and move to the next thing. The initial reporting on the Kobe Bryant thing was disgusting with supposed reputable news sources just throwing **** out there. With this thing, I don't care if you think the President didn't handle it correctly, write that op-ed after it's all over, right now people need facts with no agenda.
Absolutely agree!
PackBacker07
packgrad said:

Ground_Chuck said:

When we ultimately have not even 1/4 of their predicted deaths can we stop calling them experts?

IMO, general rule of thumb is to listen to folks who have dedicated their lives to studying infectious disease over politicians, et al when it comes to pandemics.
Y'all means ALL.
packgrad
PackBacker07 said:

packgrad said:

Ground_Chuck said:

IMO, general rule of thumb is to listen to folks who have dedicated their lives to studying infectious disease over politicians, et al when it comes to pandemics.

You're welcome to do that. The statistics wouldn't support you doing that in this scenario, but go right ahead.
PackBacker07
Ground_Chuck said:

This is how I feel. It's not just deaths, as everyone here is harping on. In some of our largest cities hospitals are already close to maxing out and quite a few are already shockingly short on supplies. The CDC sent notes to some locations to use bandanas as masks. In America! This has the potential to dangerously overload our healthcare system.
Y'all means ALL.
PackBacker07
packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

packgrad said:

Ground_Chuck said:

You're welcome to do that. The statistics wouldn't support you doing that in this scenario, but go right ahead.

To confirm, you believe we should not listen to infectious diseases doctors in this pandemic? If you are confirming, who should we listen to?
RunsWithWolves26
PackBacker07 said:

Ground_Chuck said:

This is how I feel. It's not just deaths, as everyone here is harping on. In some of our largest cities hospitals are already close to maxing out and quite a few are already shockingly short on supplies. The CDC sent notes to some locations to use bandanas as masks. In America! This has the potential to dangerously overload our healthcare system.

And according to the press conference today, the facemask situation is being resolved quickly with a half a billion dollar order placed and to be delivered in the next 24 hours to this that need them. As bad as some of his has been handled, it is being handled pretty damn well right now and that is coming from someone who isn't a trump fan.
RunsWithWolves26
Ground_Chuck said:

If by complete denial you mean that I don't believe that in order to achieve he numbers you are sharing would mean that 230,000,000 million Americans would have to get this virus for it to kill that many people at its current rate, then yes I am in denial. Hell, even at double the rate for the USA, it would still have to infect 115,000,000 million people and kill 2.8% of them the current rate is 1.3% death rate.
packgrad
PackBacker07 said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

packgrad said:

Ground_Chuck said:

To confirm, you believe we should not listen to infectious diseases doctors in this pandemic? If you are confirming, who should we listen to?

To confirm you believe we are going to have 2 million deaths?

I'd suggest listening to the ones who aren't saying that.
PossumJenkins
Again. 4 people in the hospital in NC currently. I know it's worse in other areas. I'm just not sure how that overwhelms the healthcare system
metcalfmafia
Since when do the rest of the States follow the lead of New York and California?
packgrad
What hospitals are close to maxing out? Not saying it's not true. I just can't find it.
PossumJenkins
I would be really interested to know the projections from epidemiologists related to SARS, MERS, H1N1 etc and then what the actual outcomes were.
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

I would be really interested to know the projections from epidemiologists related to SARS, MERS, H1N1 etc and then what the actual outcomes were.

This...would also like to know.
ncsupack1
82TxPackFan said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Absolutely agree!

This!
GuerrillaPack
Warning that most small business restaurants (and other small business owners) will be forced out of business if the lockdowns and bans on dining-in last 2-4 weeks or longer:

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
jkpackfan
This is not good if true

RunsWithWolves26
jkpackfan said:

This is not good if true

That's why I'm watching South Korea and not that ****ed up, bull**** country of China.
jkpackfan
RunsWithWolves26 said:

jkpackfan said:

This is not good if true

That's why I'm watching South Korea and not that ****ed up, bull**** country of China.
Yep there are no telling what the real numbers look like over there.
Ground_Chuck
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Ground_Chuck said:

If you truly believe that many Americans will die from this, then that's your choice. No way do I believe anything to that happens. You do realize that would mean hundreds of millions would die worldwide based on population? That number makes zero sense at all. We are at 250 roughly deaths. You actually believe that number is going to go up 8,800 times?

Edut to add. Medical experts are expecting between 50000-150000 to be infected by this virus. Makes that 2.2 million number even more unreal. Not to mention, we are at a 1.3% death rate so far. That would mean almost the entire population would have to get it to equal those numbers

Once we reach hospital capacity, the. Death rate shoots up. If no ventilation is available for critical cases , death is guaranteed.

2.2 million is based on no intervention. Number comes down with intervention but hospital capacity is still major indicator of death rate.

I know someone of the US biodefense board in DHHS, they expect EVERYONE to get covid19. Only question is is it over the next 3 months or next 36 months.
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.