Coronavirus

1,979,945 Views | 19754 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
ciscopack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Everpack said:

ciscopack said:

metcalfmafia said:

People not wearing masks in public is such a low percentage at this point. I'd love to see the numbers on that if they somehow existed.
You've got to get out in the country. I know of 3 local convenience stores where mask wearing is less than 50%...I don't sit there and count but I'd guess 35% wear masks. The people behind the counters are mask-less. I'd guess if most of those people went to Lowes, they'd find 1 but some would not.

The Family Dollar behind one of those convenience stores; I'd guess 80% wear masks there and the employees wear them. WalMart in Zebulon.....probably around 90%+.

Ah yes, maskless, rural American convenience stores are the super spreaders for a worldwide respiratory virus pandemic. Do you even hear yourself?
Do you hear yourself? Where did I claim such?????

ciscopack
wilmwolf80 said:

I was unaware that gas stations in Zebulon were driving the hospitalization numbers in the state. Learn something new every day.
Are you stating that as fact because I was unaware of that too!
WPNfamily
Everpack said:

ciscopack said:

metcalfmafia said:

People not wearing masks in public is such a low percentage at this point. I'd love to see the numbers on that if they somehow existed.
You've got to get out in the country. I know of 3 local convenience stores where mask wearing is less than 50%...I don't sit there and count but I'd guess 35% wear masks. The people behind the counters are mask-less. I'd guess if most of those people went to Lowes, they'd find 1 but some would not.

The Family Dollar behind one of those convenience stores; I'd guess 80% wear masks there and the employees wear them. WalMart in Zebulon.....probably around 90%+.

Ah yes, maskless, rural American convenience stores are the super spreaders for a worldwide respiratory virus pandemic. Do you even hear yourself?

He doesn't. That's really the sad part!
Daviewolf83
I feel for this lady and I totally agree with her. Many politicians around the country have lost their minds with their lack of science and reason in the application of their Covid rules. Please watch the entire video to the end, so you can see the absurdity of the politicians running LA and California.

Pacfanweb
Youngsville is having their Christmas parade tomorrow morning.

Mayor Fonzie Flowers has been catching some heat, but also overwhelming (IMO) support.

He's been hitting back with facts and logic. The "weesa alla gonna die" folks can't handle it.

https://www.wect.com/2020/12/04/nc-mayor-explains-decision-move-forward-with-christmas-parade/

The Town said Tuesday it would proceed with the parade, scheduled for Saturday at 10 a.m., despite county and state health officials advising them to cancel.

Thursday evening, the Town released a video in which Flowers explained the decision to move forward with the event. He first said that anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19 or lives with anyone exhibiting symptoms should quarantine appropriately. He also said anyone who wouldn't feel safe at the parade should stay home.

Flowers further explained that social distancing, hand washing and sanitizing, and masks are all expected.
"The town is confident our community can work together and observe public health best practices to have a safe Christmas parade," Flowers said.

Flowers further justified the decision in saying that the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services guidelines permits hundreds or thousands of people to be inside some larger grocery stores.

"Our parade is the exact opposite: outdoors, physically distanced, and masked," Flowers said. "To put it simply, if our state's health guidelines allow over 2,000 people to be in a 4-acre Walmart at the same time, we believe it's safe to have a fraction of that number along our outdoor parade route."

wilmwolf
Common sense and logic. I'm sure people hate that.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
packgrad
Daviewolf83 said:

I feel for this lady and I totally agree with her. Many politicians around the country have lost their minds with their lack of science and reason in the application of their Covid rules. Please watch the entire video to the end, so you can see the absurdity of the politicians running LA and California.

That breaks my heart. I am so angry at government for destroying so many lives for their haves and have nots ordinances based on "science".
Pack87
There was a claim on Twitter this morning saying there had been 279,000 deaths and at an average of 5'5" per person laid end to end would create a bridge to the moon 6 times. While I am not disputing 279,000 is a tragic number of deaths, my math tells me that is only about 290 miles. It is almost 240,000 miles to the moon one way. Yet there was no Twitter warning for inaccurate information put on this post.
GuerrillaPack
ciscopack
ciscopack said:

metcalfmafia said:

ciscopack said:

metcalfmafia said:

Are you confident in saying that your local convenience stores are the same as the rest of the country? Cause that's what I'm talking about here.
Absolutely not.
....nor did I state such! Just pointing at what I see; I'm not doing a survey. The people behind you said they were unaware that gas stations in Zebulon drove hospitalization numbers in the state and that maskless, rural American convenience stores are the super spreaders for a worldwide respiratory virus pandemic. ME TOO! I did not state either but now that I think on it, if a couple hundred people in the Rose Garden can be a super spreader or a few thousand at an airport rally can be one??

wilmwolf
Pack87 said:

There was a claim on Twitter this morning saying there had been 279,000 deaths and at an average of 5'5" per person laid end to end would create a bridge to the moon 6 times. While I am not disputing 279,000 is a tragic number of deaths, my math tells me that is only about 290 miles. It is almost 240,000 miles to the moon one way. Yet there was no Twitter warning for inaccurate information put on this post.

Is that the distance from flat Earth or round Earth?
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Dmax95
Great movie.
caryking
And the liberals support this thinking...

https://www.westernjournal.com/pelosi-finally-admits-holding-relief-talks-months-pure-politics/
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Pacfanweb
caryking said:

https://www.westernjournal.com/pelosi-finally-admits-holding-relief-talks-months-pure-politics/

Covid is real. No doubt about that.

But the Dems using it to make Trump look bad is equally not in dispute.

Americans really should be outraged about this, but I suspect many are getting politics fatigue at this point and just want it to be over.
caryking
Pacfanweb said:

caryking said:

Covid is real. No doubt about that.

But the Dems using it to make Trump look bad is equally not in dispute.

Americans really should be outraged about this, but I suspect many are getting politics fatigue at this point and just want it to be over.
Unfortunately for the fatigued, we have a long way to go...

Joe Biden
GuerrillaPack
I highly recommend people research the dangers of vaccines in general, and of this "covid" vaccine in particular. Pharmaceutical companies have been given immunity by law from liability of harm caused by the vaccines they produce. They are motivated by profit alone, and have no incentive to make the vaccines safe.

Information is now coming out that this "covid" vaccine (from two top doctors, see article below) may actually cause an "exaggerated immune reaction" which would make you MORE susceptible to dying from covid-19, and which also may cause infertility in women.

https://2020news.de/en/dr-wodarg-and-dr-yeadon-request-a-stop-of-all-corona-vaccination-studies-and-call-for-co-signing-the-petition/

Found this info via this video:

Daviewolf83
GuerrillaPack said:

I highly recommend people research the dangers of vaccines in general, and of this "covid" vaccine in particular. Pharmaceutical companies have been given immunity by law from liability of harm caused by the vaccines they produce. They are motivated by profit alone, and have no incentive to make the vaccines safe.

Information is now coming out that this "covid" vaccine (from two top doctors, see article below) may actually cause an "exaggerated immune reaction" which would make you MORE susceptible to dying from covid-19, and which also may cause infertility in women.

https://2020news.de/en/dr-wodarg-and-dr-yeadon-request-a-stop-of-all-corona-vaccination-studies-and-call-for-co-signing-the-petition/

I will gladly take anyone's place in line if you do not want the Covid vaccine.
Daviewolf83
On the good news front, here's something the media rarely reports on from a professor at Harvard Med School. Improved treatments are leading to improved patient survival.

Daviewolf83
Something many of us have suspected is proving to be accurate. A significant percentage of Covid patients were actually hospitalized for things other than Covid and happened to test positive when admitted.

WarrenPeace
Daviewolf83 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

I will gladly take anyone's place in line if you do not want the Covid vaccine.

Have at it
ciscopack
Daily cases hit record

At least 394,990 people in North Carolina have tested positive for the coronavirus and 5,543 have died, according to state health officials.

The N.C. Department of Health and Human Services on Sunday reported 6,438 new COVID-19 cases, surpassing the previous daily record of 6,018 cases reported the day before. Saturday marked the first time daily cases had exceeded 6,000.

Twenty-seven additional deaths were reported Sunday.

A record 2,191 people in North Carolina were hospitalized with COVID-19 as of Sunday.
About 10.4% of tests were reported positive as of Friday, the latest date for which data are available. That's above the 5% target set by health officials.

COVID-19 Data in Motion: Sunday, December 6, 2020

Pacfanweb
GuerrillaPack said:

So 2 doctors, neither of which has worked on or studied a vaccine for Covid or has any inside info on the vaccine other than googling it just like the rest of us, think they know more about it than the people who are actually working on it. Sounds legit.
caryking
I would like to see an independent group do an audit of the deaths. I believe you will see the true number of deaths come down. I know for a fact that doctors and hospitals are coding COVID deaths improperly. The reimbursement is higher, so, they code the death more effectively for the reimbursement.

Now, what I don't know is how prevalent and widespread this is. For the liberals on here that complain about healthcare being too expensive, I would think you would support this type of audit. If the doctors and hospitals are cheating the system, this would cause an increase in the cost of healthcare and ultimately healthcare insurance.

Joe Biden
ncsualum05
ciscopack said:

Daily cases hit record

At least 394,990 people in North Carolina have tested positive for the coronavirus and 5,543 have died, according to state health officials.

The N.C. Department of Health and Human Services on Sunday reported 6,438 new COVID-19 cases, surpassing the previous daily record of 6,018 cases reported the day before. Saturday marked the first time daily cases had exceeded 6,000.

Twenty-seven additional deaths were reported Sunday.

A record 2,191 people in North Carolina were hospitalized with COVID-19 as of Sunday.
About 10.4% of tests were reported positive as of Friday, the latest date for which data are available. That's above the 5% target set by health officials.

COVID-19 Data in Motion: Sunday, December 6, 2020

Not a damn thing at this point anyone can really do. Keep following the protocols but you're going to get it or you've already had it and didn't know it. At this point I am resigned to this fact. There's no explanation for all this and anyone that tells you otherwise is a ******* liar.
Pacfanweb
caryking said:

I would like to see an independent group do an audit of the deaths. I believe you will see the true number of deaths come down. I know for a fact that doctors and hospitals are coding COVID deaths improperly. The reimbursement is higher, so, they code the death more effectively for the reimbursement.

Now, what I don't know is how prevalent and widespread this is. For the liberals on here that complain about healthcare being too expensive, I would think you would support this type of audit. If the doctors and hospitals are cheating the system, this would cause an increase in the cost of healthcare and ultimately healthcare insurance.
Not that I am disputing this, but HOW do you "know this for a fact"?

Have you personally seen this happen?
caryking
Pacfanweb said:

caryking said:

People I know, very closely, work in hospital's COVID death center/designated area. These people tag the deceased with the cause of death. That's all I can say...

Also, I have an Aunt (96 years old) that died recently. She was classified a COVID death. She was in Hospice and her days were number. She contracted COVID and the nursing home designated her cause of death as COVID. Now, her son is a renowned cardiologist in the country and daughter has been in the health profession her entire life. They both said the cause of death was a joke and the nursing home only classified it for money.

Joe Biden
Daviewolf83
caryking said:

Pacfanweb said:

caryking said:

People I know, very closely, work in hospital's COVID death center/designated area. These people tag the deceased with the cause of death. That's all I can say...

Also, I have an Aunt (96 years old) that died recently. She was classified a COVID death. She was in Hospice and her days were number. She contracted COVID and the nursing home designated her cause of death as COVID. Now, her son is a renowned cardiologist in the country and daughter has been in the health profession her entire life. They both said the cause of death was a joke and the nursing home only classified it for money.
Caryking - I trust what you are saying is accurate. I will not go into details, but I received similar information a couple of weeks ago that aligns with your post. The reason I was given also aligns with your post - higher reimbursement. I agree that an independent group should be charged with auditing the Covid deaths reported by the hospitals to insure they have been accurately reported. Hopefully this will happen in the future, when the pandemic ends.
caryking
Daviewolf83 said:

caryking said:

Pacfanweb said:

caryking said:

Caryking - I trust what you are saying is accurate. I will not go into details, but I received similar information a couple of weeks ago that aligns with your post. The reason I was given also aligns with your post - higher reimbursement. I agree that an independent group should be charged with auditing the Covid deaths reported by the hospitals to insure they have been accurately reported. Hopefully this will happen in the future, when the pandemic ends.
I hear Republicans raising hell about fraud in this election (I am one of them); however, nobody is looking into this. This is Fraud in the highest degree and needs to be dealt with in the legal system.

I don't care who's doing it, Republicans or Democrats, fraud is fraud and needs to be dealt with...

Joe Biden
Pacfanweb
Okay, again...not disputing all that, BUT:

How do we explain the fact that we have over 200k more deaths than "normal" and that # pretty closely matches the Covid death claims?

There's no getting around the fact that we have more deaths this year. A lot more.

caryking
Pacfanweb said:

How do we explain the fact that we have over 200k more deaths than "normal" and that # pretty closely matches the Covid death claims?

There's no getting around the fact that we have more deaths this year. A lot more.

Listen, I'm sure we can all find certain facts to support any narrative. We can all say: look over here, look over there, look... look... look...

I personally can't speak to your data (perhaps its all correct); however, I can speak to what I know. Based on your data; should we not look into possible fraudulent Insurance coding issues for COVID?

Joe Biden
Wayland
Pacfanweb said:

There is no doubt there are excess deaths this year FROM COVID. There are also excess deaths due to policy and deaths that are *with* COVID. No one cares to sort them all out. It is possible to say we absolutely had a pandemic this year and there were a large number of deaths caused by COVID ... AND we are also overcounting... AND we are causing deaths and loss of life years with policy (and media panic).

Saw this yesterday regarding the CDC excess death line for this year. They shifted it DOWN for some reason.

Daviewolf83
Pacfanweb said:

Pacfanweb - Can you provide a link to the data or graph source? I am interested in reviewing the data for this report. I have seen mixed reports on this topic with some people saying we have excess deaths and others saying the baseline being used is not correct and the excess deaths are smaller than reported. I really do not know what/who to believe, so I just want to review the data to better understand how they are calculating the baseline and arriving at the other numbers. Thanks.
Wayland
Daviewolf83 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Pacfanweb - Can you provide a link to the data or graph source? I am interested in reviewing the data for this report. I have seen mixed reports on this topic with some people saying we have excess deaths and others saying the baseline being used is not correct and the excess deaths are smaller than reported. I really do not know what/who to believe, so I just want to review the data to better understand how they are calculating the baseline and arriving at the other numbers. Thanks.
That is straight CDC data (which NC hasn't updated past the first week of Sept FWIW).

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm
Daviewolf83
Since hospitalizations in NC have been increasing for the past few weeks, I thought it would be helpful to look again at the effect of hospitalizations on ICU percentages and the the overall percentage of active cases that are currently hospitalized. The media are leading off with Covid hospitalization stories, so I thought it would be helpful to have this information.

As you can see from the chart below, the percentage of active cases hospitalized has remained relatively constant and is currently, slightly below 4% (3.8%). This calculation is based on my calculation of active cases and I currently have this at 58,215 cases. NCDHHS provides a weekly estimate of recovered cases and their estimate from today has 341,041 recovered cases (implying ~54K active cases).

I also looked at the effect of these increased hospitalization numbers on the percentage of people in ICU. As I have mentioned before, I focus on the ICU percentage, since we know these are the most severe cases and the ones with potentially the worst outcomes. As you can see from the graph, even though hospitalizations are increasing, the overall percentage of patients in ICU continues to decline. The 30-day average has declined by 2%, since I last updated this chart on 11/19.

If you look at these two data points in combination, you will see for all currently active Covid-19 cases, approximately 1% (0.95%) are in the ICU. Conversely, this means 99% of people currently infected with Covid-19 are not in ICU and over 96% of active cases are not hospitalized.
caryking
Guys, this data is important; however, what about fraudulent billing cases?

Joe Biden
First Page Last Page
Page 188 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.