Coronavirus

1,980,333 Views | 19754 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Why did Trump travel to a fundraiser after it was known Hope Hicks was positive?

Because he's campaigning for President.

In situations where the two become mutually exclusive, his responsibility is to the country not his campaign.

Trying to mitigate the virus spread at the top levels of government is infinitely more important than campaigning. Him and/or his top advisers getting ill, potentially seriously, destabilizes our country.

Colossal mistake in judgment by him and his staff.
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Why did Trump travel to a fundraiser after it was known Hope Hicks was positive?

Because he's campaigning for President.

In situations where the two become mutually exclusive, his responsibility is to the country not his campaign.

Trying to mitigate the virus spread at the top levels of government is infinitely more important than campaigning. Him and for his top advisers getting ill, potentially seriously, destabilizes our country.

Colossal mistake in judgment by him and his staff.

Disagreed. His duty is to do his job until it is determined he needs to quarantine. This is not the first White House staffer to test positive. This is just faux outrage about what the president should have done. Colossal mistake? Not even close.
SupplyChainPack
The left will provide us with an endless train of fake outrage over Donald Trump till the end of eternity.

IseWolf22
Bas2020 said:

Civilized said:

Bas2020 said:

Civilized said:

C'mon man. Only the wackiest of partisan or pearl clutching wack jobs would actually want him to die. Emotions aside, from a practical standpoint, his presidency is almost over. No need to cast witch's spells on people hoping death ends it.

He's a childish narcissistic moron but having faults is the human condition.

Hope he stays healthy, avoids Covid, acquires some measure of empathy, and gets to enjoy his kids and grandkids until a ripe old age.
There are literally thousands of leftist wishing he would die. Just check a simple scroll thru twitter.

"Hope he Dies" was literally trending lol....

That's an indictment of Twitter and social media culture, not the left.

It's easy to vomit out 280 characters; it's harder to have actual conversations.

Social media's not real life but too many people treat it like it is, and then life imitates social media. It's not real or substantive but it has real (and real negative) effects on real life.

I don't think I'm using hyperbole when I say that social media is the worst thing to ever happen to public discourse in this country.

I actually agree with a ton of that.

One disagreement... I believe that "social media" culture is largely a biproduct of the left. Its run by leftist. 95% of the blue check mark journalists including sports journalists are leftist. The athletes on twitter that get political are 99% leftists. The other athletes are scared to speak out if they are conservative in fear of being cancelled or attacked.

Journalism as a whole is 95% left. That is not my opinion, its a fact based upon polling of journalists. The problem with the media today is that most of them base all of their stories based upon how twitter perceives x, y or z. Twitter drives "content". Very few media actually research anything now, they just get their "scoop" off of twitter, which turns out to be dead wrong a vast majority of the time.

Sports talk radio is literally segments talking about what is "trending on twitter" . Its garbage.

There are some good things about social media, but some very bad things about social media... especially how it affects our youth. Teen suicide is at an all time high, mostly among girls in large part due to social media.
Eh, the Twitter community is very left as a whole, but even there a ton of the most popular accounts are conservative. Facebook is extremely popular with conservatives too. My news feed has a lot of left and right comments, most of them spouting off pundit talking points with little to no understanding or substance. Additionally, there are several new sites targeted primarily at conservatives now.

Journalists taking Twitter too seriously is nothing new, but it's increasingly recognized as a problem. There were countless think pieces written after the 2016 election imploring other journalists to stop looking at Twitter because their social media "bubble" blinded them to Trumps level of support. There was another round of these after Biden got nominated, because many young journalists didn't get how he won when "everyone" they saw didn't like him. While still a problem, some at least seem to have learned their lesson.
ciscopack
I hope anyone that has Covid-19 has a mild case with no lasting effects! I hope we can find ways to get rid of it for good, where it doesn't affect humans at all. I'll be fine when it is no longer a human concern; the same with Cancer but people don't pass Cancer to others, they may inherit getting it easier than others. I pray for everyone that has Covid-19 to get well and I pray for the people of the world to be smart and listen to people who work to fight such diseases and take their guidance to heart. I pray that Donald and Melania Trump and others come out of this with no health concerns because of Covid-19 and with a smarter heed toward its dangers; with an ability to smartly lead Americans in not getting the disease or passing it to others.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Disagreed. His duty is to do his job until it is determined he needs to quarantine. This is not the first White House staffer to test positive. This is just faux outrage about what the president should have done. Colossal mistake? Not even close.

A first-order staffer tested positive and Trump was reportedly mildly symptomatic while he traveled.

If he shouldn't quarantine then, when should he quarantine?
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

A first-order staffer tested positive and Trump was reportedly mildly symptomatic while he traveled.

When he tests positive.

When survival rates are 99%+ for those age 0-70, and 95% for those 71+, I want our elected officials working, not doing a song and dance.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

When he tests positive.

When survival rates are 99%+ for those age 0-70, and 95% for those 71+, I want our elected officials working, not doing a song and dance.

Our president, the most important executive in this country, and his administration following medical best practices to keep themselves and those around them safe is a song and dance?

Ironically that's the same attitude that got Trump in this position. He flouted best practice protocols and mocked those that follow them and then got burned.
ciscopack
55 year old Boris Johnson doesn't think Covid-19 is something to laugh at....it scared him $#!+less. 6 days ago...Boris Johnson urges world leaders to unite against COVID-19
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

When he tests positive.

Our president, the most important executive in this country, and his administration following medical best practices to keep themselves and those around them safe is a song and dance?

Ironically that's the same attitude that got Trump in this position. He flouted best practice protocols and mocked those that follow them and then got burned.

Oh yes, the leftist "it's his fault he got a virus". Lol. Is that more liberal "science"?

Yes. The hyperbolic "best practices" for this virus is a song and dance. How is that not clear by now? What type of statistical evidence do you need to see that people can go back to work?

Edit to add... and lol that "he got burned." If that isn't virus cheerleading language I don't know what is. He has mild cold like symptoms, but "he got burned." Lol.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

When he tests positive.

Oh yes, the leftist "it's his fault he got a virus". Lol. Is that more liberal "science"?

Yes. The hyperbolic "best practices" for this virus is a song and dance. How is that not clear by now? What type of statistical evidence do you need to see that people can go back to work?

Edit to add... and lol that "he got burned." If that isn't virus cheerleading language I don't know what is. He has mild cold like symptoms, but "he got burned." Lol.

So there are no best practices?

Virus gonna virus, so devil-may-care right up until you test positive?
wilmwolf
Dammit Wayland, you leave and the thread has devolved back into political **** within the day.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
packgrad
wilmwolf80 said:

Dammit Wayland, you leave and the thread has devolved back into political **** within the day.

If you think it hasn't been political lately, you would be wrong.
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

When he tests positive.

So there are no best practices?

Virus gonna virus, so devil-may-care right up until you test positive?

I'm sure there are cover your ass "best practices" that have to be said/done so as to protect yourself from legal consequences. Not because they're right. Rather because we live in a society where you can sue and win for anything. But no, I don't think we need to quarantine for 2 weeks, or whatever it is, when testing positive. I don't think everyone that has been in contact with that person needs to quarantine. I think if people are capable, and certainly with precautions if "sick", they need to work when they're supposed to. The president has a job, which includes campaigning, that he needs to do. If he's capable, he should be doing it.

The virus is not what we thought. It is not a death sentence. We can return to normalcy. But I guess we have an election to complete before we try to do that. Then, science will prevail.
GuerrillaPack
packgrad
Bas2020 said:

Civilized said:

C'mon man. Only the wackiest of partisan or pearl clutching wack jobs would actually want him to die. Emotions aside, from a practical standpoint, his presidency is almost over. No need to cast witch's spells on people hoping death ends it.

He's a childish narcissistic moron but having faults is the human condition.

Hope he stays healthy, avoids Covid, acquires some measure of empathy, and gets to enjoy his kids and grandkids until a ripe old age.
There are literally thousands of leftist wishing he would die. Just check a simple scroll thru twitter.

"Hope he Dies" was literally trending lol....

PackBacker07
"The Washington Post announced early Friday it had removed a tweet featuring the headline, "Imagine what it would be like to never have to think about President Trump again," with the publication saying the news of President Trump's positive COVID-19 test "rendered it tasteless."

The tweet, pictured below, was written Thursday and released through an automated program.

The opinion piece by columnist Eugene Robinson focused on getting Trump out of office by voting Democratic nominee Joe Biden in, and did not have anything to do with the president's condition regarding the coronavirus."

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/519315-wapo-removes-imagine-to-never-have-to-think-about-president-trump-again
Y'all means ALL.
DrummerboyWolf
Michigan Supreme Court has ruled that Governor Whitmer has no authority to continue state of emergency.

Just read the ruling and the Supreme Court said she over stepped her bounds after April 30 when the first emergency order was to end. For 5 months that state has been shutdown and it shouldn't have been.

Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
ciscopack
Reality
ciscopack
Trump Is 'Single Largest Driver' Of Covid-19
Civilized
For months he's thumbed his nose at measures intended to reduce risk and propagation, and now he's got a major outbreak In his circle.

The tenuous health of the most important person in our government aside, this is colossally embarrassing for Trump and his campaign.
ciscopack
Civilized said:

For months he's thumbed his nose at measures intended to reduce risk and propagation, and now he's got a major outbreak In his circle.

The tenuous health of the most important person in our government aside, this is colossally embarrassing for Trump and his campaign.
If you go back to PAGE 1....you'll see this is not real....the media is making it up. If you go back to PAGE 2.... your statement is made pretty much verbatim....7 months ago.
packgrad
Civilized said:

Lol
SupplyChainPack
Sounds like from the briefing they just had that the President is doing pretty well.
packgrad
Steve Williams
Staff
There's the ongoing argument that Covid has become political. Based on what I'm seeing, Biden's entire campaign is built and focused on Covid. Clearly, in my opinion their strategy is to appeal to those who are terrified of getting sick. It's certainly no secret that the media hates Trump and he's earned a lot of that but I think the media has done a very good job of setting the table and giving the Dems something to run on. Is Covid something to be concerned with? Certainly. Has the media portrayed it in the most apocalyptic way possible? Certainly. For me, the question when deciding who to vote for- what would the democrats run on, what would their rallying cry be if Covid didn't exist? Outside of 'orange man bad', I can't come up with anything. They have the same exact platform that I've heard over and over and over and over and over- make rich Americans and corporations pay their fair share, remove tax loopholes, create millions of new jobs through clean technology. We've heard this repeatedly. Personally, in a Covid free America I don't think anyone had a snowball's chance in Hades of beating Trump.
Civilized
Maybe. Biden was leading Trump in the polls, albeit by a smaller margin, pre-Covid. He was around 5 points ahead too, a non-nominal amount.

Biden isn't pandering to people 'afraid' of COVID as much as he's espousing that Trump and his administration completely bungled and continues to flub the handling of the pandemic to the significant detriment of Americans' health and our economy.

Given how consuming and impactful COVID has been for America and the world, it's not surprising it's central to this election.
packgrad
" he's espousing that Trump and his administration completely bungled and continues to flub the handling of the pandemic to the significant detriment of Americans' health and our economy. "

Complete liberal fairy tale.

Orange man bad. That's the entire liberal play book.
Civilized
packgrad said:

" he's espousing that Trump and his administration completely bungled and continues to flub the handling of the pandemic to the significant detriment of Americans' health and our economy. "

That's not a surprising or novel strategy.

Trump's disapproval ratings are through the roof. Of course liberals are seizing on that in the campaign.
ciscopack
Steve Williams said:

There's the ongoing argument that Covid has become political. Based on what I'm seeing, Biden's entire campaign is built and focused on Covid. Clearly, in my opinion their strategy is to appeal to those who are terrified of getting sick. It's certainly no secret that the media hates Trump and he's earned a lot of that but I think the media has done a very good job of setting the table and giving the Dems something to run on. Is Covid something to be concerned with? Certainly. Has the media portrayed it in the most apocalyptic way possible? Certainly. For me, the question when deciding who to vote for- what would the democrats run on, what would their rallying cry be if Covid didn't exist? Outside of 'orange man bad', I can't come up with anything. They have the same exact platform that I've heard over and over and over and over and over- make rich Americans and corporations pay their fair share, remove tax loopholes, create millions of new jobs through clean technology. We've heard this repeatedly. Personally, in a Covid free America I don't think anyone had a snowball's chance in Hades of beating Trump.
Trump is a %ucking IDIOT and MOST people know it!

wilmwolf
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
cowboypack02
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

That's not a surprising or novel strategy.

Trump's disapproval ratings are through the roof. Of course liberals are seizing on that in the campaign.

You know i'd love to hear where Biden stands on quite a few things, but unfortunately he doesn't want to tell us because he doesn't want that to be the story.....

I'm other words the democrat candidate for president doesn't want to tell us what he is running on because people will have an opinion on it?

Are you ****ing kidding me?
Bas2020

Actual number may be closer to 15-20%.

That means in a few months 25% of us will have had Covid.

Within a year- 50%

Within two years - 75%.

News flash... just like the common flu.... we are ALL going to get this thing.

Bas2020
Civilized said:

Maybe. Biden was leading Trump in the polls, albeit by a smaller margin, pre-Covid. He was around 5 points ahead too, a non-nominal amount.

Biden isn't pandering to people 'afraid' of COVID as much as he's espousing that Trump and his administration completely bungled and continues to flub the handling of the pandemic to the significant detriment of Americans' health and our economy.

Given how consuming and impactful COVID has been for America and the world, it's not surprising it's central to this election.
LOL.. Biden was doing Rally's in March/April while telling Trump he was a racist for banning flights from China/Europe.

Bill DeBlasio was telling people to go out and enjoy dinner in New York.

Pelosi was telling people to go to "China Town" and have fun and dont be scared.

Cuomo was putting infrected people in Nursing homes.

Democrats bundled Rona a heck of a lot worse... there is a youtube video of cut ups showing all the stupid things Dems said back in the spring...

Per WHO the US has the most strict Covid protocols in the World when counting Covid deaths/cases.

And still rank #10. IF you removed New York we would rank #47. The Best amongst industrialized nations in the entire World. Point Being... US has done A heck of alot better with Covid then the media is telling you.
Civilized
Bas2020 said:

LOL.. Biden was doing Rally's in March/April while telling Trump he was a racist for banning flights from China/Europe.

Bill DeBlasio was telling people to go out and enjoy dinner in New York.

Pelosi was telling people to go to "China Town" and have fun and dont be scared.

Cuomo was putting infrected people in Nursing homes.

Democrats bundled Rona a heck of a lot worse... there is a youtube video of cut ups showing all the stupid things Dems said back in the spring...

Saying 'stupid' things in early March, before the WHO labeled Covid a pandemic and before the severity and extent of the virus was known, is different than continuing to say stupid stuff for the last seven months. We were all behaving much differently in early March than we were even a couple of weeks later. There were a few hundred known cases in America at that time, and a handful of deaths, mostly in nursing homes. Things have changed a little over the last seven months.

Last Tuesday, Trump was mocking Biden for wearing "the biggest mask he's ever seen" even when Biden is 200 feet away.

Last Tuesday, as in, less than a week ago (after 7 million Americans contracted Covid, resulting in 210,000 Americans deaths and right after hosting a super-spreader event at the White House). Unbeknownst to Trump, his personal recklessness was getting ready to bite him in the ass and land him in Walter Reed.

A fast-food and soda-loving, obese 74-year-old that thinks humans shouldn't exercise because their batteries have a finite amount of energy in them should probably do what he reasonably can to avoid Covid. Especially when he's the most impactful executive in the world and his health has very serious economic, stability, and security implications for our country (not to mention to his re-election chances).

LOL, if that's not illustrative of the difference in the two approaches I don't know what is.
First Page Last Page
Page 165 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.