Coronavirus

2,001,329 Views | 19843 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Werewolf
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm a little surprised that there haven't been more legal challenges to some of this. It's all so random, and I'm having an impossible time finding the logic and science in what is being done currently. More and more people are going to have to start questioning the hypocrisy of some of these policies if they are capable of looking at this objectively.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wayland
King Leary said:

Wayland said:

7 people per 1000 sq ft of OUTDOOR SPACE for bars.

What a slap in the face to call that 'allowing bars to open'.
SCIENCE!!!!!!!

Roy has to go. He completely lied back in May when he laid out the original phases. He's making things up as he goes and the real victims are the small businesses and communities that he's killing in order to prevent a few elderly people from dying (he's not even doing a good job on this)

He has to go.
He is just rubber stamping whatever Cohen and her handlers provide to him.
Wayland
After over 6 months of doing this daily, after tomorrow I will be taking a break for the next few weeks.

My family has decided to take this opportunity of 'remote' learning and head West for a few weeks to visit some of our nation's national parks.

Thanks for following along for all this time. I may pick things up in a few weeks, out of my own curiosity (how this all started).

Remember, your elected officials and the people making the decisions don't hold any great knowledge that isn't publicly available.

All the science... all of it, is out there for every one of us to consume. Don't let the media alone frame the narrative.

There are no easy answers, but due to politics, discussion about and disagreement with policies weren't allowed.

I'll leave you with a couple twitter follows that may be of interest.

Academics:
@BallouxFrancois <- Prof, Director of UCL Genetics Institute. Tries to engage in discussions.
@mgmgomes1 <- Biomathematician modeling variation in population dynamics. Leading researcher on heterogeneity.
@WesPegden <- CMU Mathematician. Models Age Targeted mitigations

Data/Graphs:
@Hold2LLC <- General Data
@ianmSC <- Daily CDC Provisional Updates
@tlowdon <- Daily Data/CDC DoD to CTP Matching

@EthicalSkeptic <- Next level analysis

General Hot Takes:
@boriquagato <- The bad cat, snarky C19 takes.

@ZacBissonnette <- Liberal angry at media/NY

@NahasNewman <- Covid takes/retweets
@AskeladdenTX <- Covid takes/retweets

But whatever the source, make sure to understand the motivations. There are a lot of people beyond just the politicians and media who are using the pandemic for personal benefit.
redsteel33
^Thanks for doing this every day!
packgrad
Thanks man. You've been an excellent resource. Enjoy your travels.
SupplyChainPack
Wayland said:

After over 6 months of doing this daily, after tomorrow I will be taking a break for the next few weeks.

My family has decided to take this opportunity of 'remote' learning and head West for a few weeks to visit some of our nation's national parks.

Thanks for following along for all this time. I may pick things up in a few weeks, out of my own curiosity (how this all started).

Remember, your elected officials and the people making the decisions don't hold any great knowledge that isn't publicly available.

All the science... all of it, is out there for every one of us to consume. Don't let the media alone frame the narrative.

There are no easy answers, but due to politics, discussion about and disagreement with policies weren't allowed.

I'll leave you with a couple twitter follows that may be of interest.

Academics:
@BallouxFrancois <- Prof, Director of UCL Genetics Institute. Tries to engage in discussions.
@mgmgomes1 <- Biomathematician modeling variation in population dynamics. Leading researcher on heterogeneity.
@WesPegden <- CMU Mathematician. Models Age Targeted mitigations

Data/Graphs:
@Hold2LLC <- General Data
@ianmSC <- Daily CDC Provisional Updates
@tlowdon <- Daily Data/CDC DoD to CTP Matching

@EthicalSkeptic <- Next level analysis

General Hot Takes:
@boriquagato <- The bad cat, snarky C19 takes.

@ZacBissonnette <- Liberal angry at media/NY

@NahasNewman <- Covid takes/retweets
@AskeladdenTX <- Covid takes/retweets

But whatever the source, make sure to understand the motivations. There are a lot of people beyond just the politicians and media who are using the pandemic for personal benefit.

What you've been doing is greatly, greatly appreciated.

Hope you and your family have a blast out west. Hope Yellowstone is one of your stops.
Colonel Armstrong
You're the man Wayland, enjoy your vacation
Wayland
Doing basically a loop starting and ending in Denver. Will be lots of miles, but I am pretty excited.

Black Hills/Mt Rushmore, Yellowstone, Utah's 5 parks, NR Grand Canyon, and obviously a number of stops in between.
RunsWithWolves26
Wayland said:

Doing basically a loop starting and ending in Denver. Will be lots of miles, but I am pretty excited.

Black Hills/Mt Rushmore, Yellowstone, Utah's 5 parks, NR Grand Canyon, and obviously a number of stops in between.

My friend, thank you! When you put your eyes on the grand canyon, I promise you will be speechless and in total awe. What an amazing thing to see. Enjoy and let us all know how it went when you're back.
Civilized
Thanks much Wayland, great work man!

Enjoy your trip, we're hoping to do a national park circuit soon. Jealous!

Travel safe!!
PackMom
Thanks, Wayland. I've really appreciated all the work you've done with this. Hope you have a great trip!
SupplyChainPack
Wayland said:

Man, totally jealous! Sounds like an unforgettable trip you've got lined up.

Stay safe and have a blast!

P..S. If you have time, don't miss the Grand Tetons while you're close by.
82TxPackFan
Wayland said:

Thanks for all the information posted over the last 6 months.

If you end up near Laramie on your way to or from Yellowstone take a detour through the Snowy Range & Medicine Bow National forest. Really great scenery & not too congested with people.
Packchem91
Wayland said:

Thanks for all you have done Wayland! And sounds like an awesome trip.

Did Yellowstone and Grand Tetons for the first time with my family this summer, and I could not put in words for you how awesome that place is. Words would not do it justice.
The true test was even my teen/young adult kids were blown away, and you know it takes a lot to impress that generation.

Would love to see it in the fall...but be careful and pay attention to forecasts, they are already getting snows out there, especially in some of the passes.
Steve Williams
Staff
Have a safe trip Wayland and thank you!
Colonel Armstrong
Anyone watch the South Park coronavirus Special?
bigeric
Many thanks for your dedication, information and insights.

Send pictures.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
Daviewolf83
Have a safe trip Wayland. You are doing what I am planning to do in another year or so, after I retire (somewhat - I still plan to work, but not the daily corporate job) from the daily corporate grind. I am planning to head West to do more landscape photography across the American West and to visit areas I have only seen in pictures and YouTube videos. When my son finishes up playing football, we are going to head to Montana to do some fly fishing. Right now, he really does not have the time with school and football for the type of trip we plan to take.

I will still be compiling the data daily, as I have been doing for the past six months and will try to post some graphs a little more frequently. I currently have two projects (one winding down and a big one winding up) at work that have been consuming most of my time recently, but do find time every day to record the latest numbers. On top of this, I have been out of town every weekend to help my dad out, after my mom's passing a little over a month ago.
TheStorm
Daviewolf83 said:

Have a safe trip Wayland. You are doing what I am planning to do in another year or so, after I retire (somewhat - I still plan to work, but not the daily corporate job) from the daily corporate grind. I am planning to head West to do more landscape photography across the American West and to visit areas I have only seen in pictures and YouTube videos. When my son finishes up playing football, we are going to head to Montana to do some fly fishing. Right now, he really does not have the time with school and football for the type of trip we plan to take.

I will still be compiling the data daily, as I have been doing for the past six months and will try to post some graphs a little more frequently. I currently have two projects (one winding down and a big one winding up) at work that have been consuming most of my time recently, but do find time every day to record the latest numbers. On top of this, I have been out of town every weekend to help my dad out, after my mom's passing a little over a month ago.
Thank you to both Wayland and Davie for their unwavering dedication to this thread... you guys are the sole reason for it's success. Enjoy that well-deserved vacation Wayland! *And don't forget to wear your mask at all times even when you sleep or are in the shower .
IseWolf22
King Leary said:

Yes, it was hilarious
SupplyChainPack

Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Quote:

9/26/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
201,431 (PCR) + 4.659 (antigen) = 206,090
NC Deaths
2413 (PCR) + 27 (anitgen) = 3440
Currently Hospitalized
914 <- 97% reporting (was 903 at 93%)
Completed Tests
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1796 Deaths are now Congregate (+15)
550 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)
+32 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

1094 Deaths assumed General Population (+8)
2346 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+24)

356 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+8)
Nursing Homes 217 -> 223
Resident Care 89 -> 91
Correctional 36 -> 36
Other 7 -> 7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1759 positive cases over 40090* new tests. 4.4% positive rate. (4.5% DHHS)

Dates of Death Reported 9/26
9/25(3), 9/24(11), 9/23(3), 9/21, 9/20(2), 9/19, 9/18, 9/16(2), 9/15, 9/12, 9/8, 9/6, 8/26, 8/13

One new missing Date of Death
9/27/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
202,704 (PCR) + 4.676 (antigen) = 207,380
NC Deaths
2414 (PCR) + 27 (anitgen) = 3441
Currently Hospitalized
917 <- 92% reporting (was 914 at 97%)
Completed Tests
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1797 Deaths are now Congregate (+1)
550 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+0)
+32 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

1094 Deaths assumed General Population (+0)
2347 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+1)

357 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+1)
Nursing Homes 223 -> 224
Resident Care 89 -> 91
Correctional 36 -> 36
Other 7 -> 7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1290 positive cases over 30908* new tests. 4.2% positive rate.

Dates of Death Reported 9/27
9/26

I still contend that something is 'off' with the hospitalizations number due to the fact that there are no statewide standards and definitions.
9/28/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
203,568 (PCR) + 4.680 (antigen) = 208,248
NC Deaths
2418 (PCR) + 27 (anitgen) = 3445
Currently Hospitalized
897 <- 96% reporting (was 917 at 92%)
Completed Tests
1799 Deaths are now Congregate (+2)
551 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+1)
+4 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

1095 Deaths assumed General Population (+1)
2350 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+3)

358 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+0)
Nursing Homes 224 -> 224
Resident Care 91 -> 91
Correctional 36 -> 36
Other 7 -> 7

868 positive cases over 25801* new tests. 3.4% positive rate.

Dates of Death Reported 9/28
9/27(2), 9/26(2), 9/24, 9/23, 9/22(2), 9/20, 8/28

2 Deaths Removed 9/28
9/25, 9/14 (Hertford and Rutherford)

4 missing deaths given dates. (4 remain)
9/29/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
2467 (PCR) + 27 (anitgen) = 3494
Currently Hospitalized
950 <- 97% reporting (was 897 at 96%)
Completed Tests
1825 Deaths are now Congregate (+26)
556 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+5)
+49 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

1113 Deaths assumed General Population (+18)
2381 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+31)

365 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+7)
Nursing Homes 224 -> 227
Resident Care 91 -> 94
Correctional 36 -> 37
Other 7 -> 7

889 positive cases over 14927* new tests. 6.0% positive rate.

Dates of Death Reported 9/29
9/28(7), 9/27(11), 9/26(8), 9/25(8), 9/24(2), 9/23(4), 9/19, 9/18, 9/16(2), 9/15, 9/14, 9/11, 8/28, 8/24, 7/5
9/30/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
3505 (PCR) + 27 (anitgen) = 3532
Currently Hospitalized
956 <- 97% reporting (was 950 at 97%)
Completed Tests
1843 Deaths are now Congregate (+18)
566 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+10)
+38 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

1123 Deaths assumed General Population (+10)
2409 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+28)

366 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+1)
Nursing Homes 227 -> 231
Resident Care 94 -> 94
Correctional 37 -> 36
Other 7 -> 5

1495 positive cases over 15162* new tests. 9.9% positive rate. (DHHS 6.5%)

Dates of Death Reported 9/30
9/29(2), 9/28(6), 9/27(5), 9/26(2), 9/25(4), 9/24(2), 9/23, 9/21, 9/20, 9/18(2), 9/17, 9/16, 9/12, 9/10, 9/6, 8/26, 8/11, 8/10, 8/4, 8/2

2 New Missing DoD (5 total)

10/1/2020 Morning DHHS update - Last one for 2-3 weeks

NC Cases
NC Deaths
3551 (PCR) + 28 (anitgen) = 3579
Currently Hospitalized
939 <- 97% reporting (was 956 at 97%)
Completed Tests
1870 Deaths are now Congregate (+27)
575 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)
+47 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

1134 Deaths assumed General Population (+11)
2445 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+36)

376 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+10)
Nursing Homes 231 -> 235
Resident Care 94 -> 97
Correctional 36 -> 38
Other 5 -> 6

2277 positive cases over 28599* new tests. 8.0% positive rate. (DHHS 5.7%)

Dates of Death Reported 10/1
9/30(5), 9/29(12), 9/28(5), 9/27(3), 9/26, 9/25(2), 9/24, 9/17, 9/16, 9/5, 8/28, 8/21, 8/17, 8/16, 8/15, 8/13, 8/11, 8/10(2), 8/9(2), 8/7(3), 8/5, 8/4, 7/30

Lots of backlog deaths
well over a third of the deaths are from August.

Colonel Armstrong
IseWolf22 said:

King Leary said:

Yes, it was hilarious
I thought so too, what a great special
ciscopack
It's Going to be Over Soon
Wayland
Trump testing positive being a thing.

I'll see myself to the airport now.
Bas2020
Wayland said:

Trump testing positive being a thing.

I'll see myself to the airport now.

It will be interesting to see if he has any symptoms. Blue check marks are celebrating and hoping he dies.

If nothing happens to him & he appears fine in a few days this might not have the negative affect the media wants it to have ...
Civilized
C'mon man. Only the wackiest of partisan or pearl clutching wack jobs would actually want him to die. Emotions aside, from a practical standpoint, his presidency is almost over. No need to cast witch's spells on people hoping death ends it.

He's a childish narcissistic moron but having faults is the human condition.

Hope he stays healthy, avoids Covid, acquires some measure of empathy, and gets to enjoy his kids and grandkids until a ripe old age.
Bas2020
Civilized said:

C'mon man. Only the wackiest of partisan or pearl clutching wack jobs would actually want him to die. Emotions aside, from a practical standpoint, his presidency is almost over. No need to cast witch's spells on people hoping death ends it.

Hope he stays healthy, avoids Covid, acquires some measure of empathy, and gets to enjoy his kids and grandkids until a ripe old age.
There are literally thousands of leftist wishing he would die. Just check a simple scroll thru twitter.

"Hope he Dies" was literally trending lol....

Civilized
Bas2020 said:

Civilized said:

There are literally thousands of leftist wishing he would die. Just check a simple scroll thru twitter.

That's an indictment of Twitter and social media culture, not the left.

It's easy to vomit out 280 characters; it's harder to have actual conversations.

Social media's not real life but too many people treat it like it is, and then life imitates social media. It's not real or substantive but it has real (and real negative) effects on real life.

I don't think I'm using hyperbole when I say that social media is the worst thing to ever happen to public discourse in this country.
Steve Williams
Staff
Civilized said:

Bas2020 said:

Civilized said:

It's easy to vomit out 280 characters; it's harder to have actual conversations.

Social media's not real life but too many people treat it like it is, and then life imitates social media. It's not real or substantive but it has real (and real negative) effects on real life.

I don't think I'm using hyperbole when I say that social media is the worst thing to ever happen to public discourse in this country.
I tend to agree.
Civilized
Why did Trump travel to a fundraiser after it was known Hope Hicks was positive?
wilmwolf
Unfortunately, whatever is trending on twitter becomes actual front page news, so while it doesn't even come close to representing the actual feelings of the majority of people, it gets reported as such these days. A person can have a **** opinion, but if it gets retweeted 30k times, now they feel that their **** opinion is validated and shared by others.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
packgrad
Civilized said:

Why did Trump travel to a fundraiser after it was known Hope Hicks was positive?

Because he's campaigning for President.
FlossyDFlynt
Civilized said:

Bas2020 said:

Civilized said:

I cant star this post enough
Bas2020
Civilized said:

Bas2020 said:

Civilized said:

I actually agree with a ton of that.

One disagreement... I believe that "social media" culture is largely a biproduct of the left. Its run by leftist. 95% of the blue check mark journalists including sports journalists are leftist. The athletes on twitter that get political are 99% leftists. The other athletes are scared to speak out if they are conservative in fear of being cancelled or attacked.

Journalism as a whole is 95% left. That is not my opinion, its a fact based upon polling of journalists. The problem with the media today is that most of them base all of their stories based upon how twitter perceives x, y or z. Twitter drives "content". Very few media actually research anything now, they just get their "scoop" off of twitter, which turns out to be dead wrong a vast majority of the time.

Sports talk radio is literally segments talking about what is "trending on twitter" . Its garbage.

There are some good things about social media, but some very bad things about social media... especially how it affects our youth. Teen suicide is at an all time high, mostly among girls in large part due to social media.
First Page Last Page
Page 164 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.