Coronavirus

2,007,053 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
Colonel Armstrong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Polling numbers are dropping, Cooper will start to open because he has to
Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

Polling numbers must be down.

As I posted earlier, put teachers and students in masks and reopen the schools. Why stop at K-5, go all the way through high school. CDC director says masks are more of a guarantee than a vaccine in stopping the spread of Covid-19.

Of course, he will reopen schools, but still not allow parents to watch their son's play college football in a stadium where the seats are 98% empty. Remember - Cooper is "following the science." Apparently he is following "political" science and not "medical" science.
BP Cox
Staff
packgrad said:

The mask thing "gets political" because the same people keep saying if we had been wearing masks all along, this would be over by now. We've been wearing masks for months and it's not over. Masks aren't speeding up anything for us. People are ready for normalcy. We've been told for months to wear masks and we could get back to normalcy. We have worn masks and we haven't gone back to normalcy. Eventually people tire of being lied to.

This will never work again for our generation. We swung and miss. Hopefully a pandemic that is deadly to a large portion of the population doesn't come through any time soon.
Bill Gates already said the next one is coming...just like he said this one was.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
Wayland
Prelim leaks.

Ripper
BP Cox said:

packgrad said:

The mask thing "gets political" because the same people keep saying if we had been wearing masks all along, this would be over by now. We've been wearing masks for months and it's not over. Masks aren't speeding up anything for us. People are ready for normalcy. We've been told for months to wear masks and we could get back to normalcy. We have worn masks and we haven't gone back to normalcy. Eventually people tire of being lied to.

This will never work again for our generation. We swung and miss. Hopefully a pandemic that is deadly to a large portion of the population doesn't come through any time soon.
Bill Gates already said the next one is coming...just like he said this one was.
Does Bill know China's plans?
SupplyChainPack
Goodness - you totally nailed it.
curmudgeon.zen
https://themodelhealthshow.com/maskfacts/

Worth the time, IMO. Links to all clinical trials, studies and articles referenced in the video are on the webpage below the video.
Log off. Go outside.
Mormad

packgrad
Mormad said:

Hahahahaha
Civilized
LOLOLOLOL. Well played.
ncsualum05
Every politician should be ashamed of the public policy and how they've behaved throughout this entire crisis. From not going to school, not working, wear your mask but you can't open certain businesses, can't worship, don't walk on wet sand, etc. Let's not worry about any other health conditions but coronavirus and not do anything but obsessively track it everyday. Nevermind mental health, drug abuse, women's abuse, child abuse, suicide, surgeries, medical procedures, loneliness, etc. And we've known for a long time and this has not changed that this virus has a bad effect on OLDER PEOPLE. And yet as no one goes to water parks, bars, or bowls, or goes to school our nursing homes CONTINUE to suffer outbreaks and kill mass amounts of old people.

I wish we could line every one of these idiot governors up and throw eggs at them, them impeach them. I'm wondering if this anger and frustration I feel is in the majority of the population... part of me thinks it might be but I know there's a ton of people out there who believe in everything their leaders say and want to obey and be led and not have to think critically.
Everpack
ncsualum05 said:

Every politician should be ashamed of the public policy and how they've behaved throughout this entire crisis. From not going to school, not working, wear your mask but you can't open certain businesses, can't worship, don't walk on wet sand, etc. Let's not worry about any other health conditions but coronavirus and not do anything but obsessively track it everyday. Nevermind mental health, drug abuse, women's abuse, child abuse, suicide, surgeries, medical procedures, loneliness, etc. And we've known for a long time and this has not changed that this virus has a bad effect on OLDER PEOPLE. And yet as no one goes to water parks, bars, or bowls, or goes to school our nursing homes CONTINUE to suffer outbreaks and kill mass amounts of old people.

I wish we could line every one of these idiot governors up and throw eggs at them, them impeach them. I'm wondering if this anger and frustration I feel is in the majority of the population... part of me thinks it might be but I know there's a ton of people out there who believe in everything their leaders say and want to obey and be led and not have to think critically.

If I knew how to post gifs, I'd post a standing ovation one.
Wayland
More updates in science/polling!!!

EDIT: Davie, I hope you get the hook up!

packgrad
Wayland said:

Great news for our players and their parents. Cheers to them!
FlossyDFlynt
packgrad said:

Wayland said:

Ive been pretty critical of Cooper throughout the whole COVID situation, but I am happy he finally made a logical decision. I hate that it took so much pressure for him to do it, but I am glad he did. So, kudos
Daviewolf83
FlossyDFlynt said:

packgrad said:

Wayland said:

Ive been pretty critical of Cooper throughout the whole COVID situation, but I am happy he finally made a logical decision. I hate that it took so much pressure for him to do it, but I am glad he did. So, kudos
If you only knew how much effort has gone into getting Cooper to make what should have been an easy decision. Schools presented plans for parents only a couple of months ago. Plans developed under the advise of medical professionals. In addition, schools have made multiple requests, since the original plans were rejected. Coaches made direct pleas to Mandy Cohen and Cooper. This week, new organizations started to make this a more broadly known issue. I think it was the attention of the media that may have started to get Cooper to reconsider his position. Last week, three schools played games with only 25 to 50 parents present. The majority of players had no parents present - some starting in college games for the first time.

I am happy I will now get to see all of my sons games, hopefully starting with this weekend. Wake Forest players are getting 100 tickets, but we do not know how they will be distributed. If they limit tickets to 2 tickets per player, that will cover 50 of the 70-ish members of the traveling team. Many players will not be able to have parents present, since it is such short notice and they would be traveling from a significant distance. Hopefully, I will get some news later today that says I can attend the game, since I only live 25 minutes from NC State's stadium.
Wayland
I am happy for the parents. This should have been an easy decision.

It goes to show, this is not 'science' driving these decisions but politics and wherever Cohen is getting her marching orders from.

No reminder needed that she was the one driving the decision to keep parents out.

And anyone who watched the last press briefing and saw that Cooper could not even answer the question about Halloween knows that someone else is steering the ship. I would love to be a fly on the wall and see who is actually calling the shots here.
wilmwolf
Science!!!
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

It goes to show, this is not 'science' driving these decisions but politics and wherever Cohen is getting her marching orders from.

No reminder needed that she was the one driving the decision to keep parents out.

And anyone who watched the last press briefing and saw that Cooper could not even answer the question about Halloween knows that someone else is steering the ship. I would love to be a fly on the wall and see who is actually calling the shots here.
The word I got last night is that Cooper took over on this decision. Cohen did not want to allow parents, even after all the negative news reports and after the petition was presented to the governor by State parents. He stepped in and over-ruled Cohen. Cooper is definitely letting Cohen drive most of the decisions and policies.
ciscopack
st8ofdenial said:

Why did you leave off the 405,399 of WW2? Seems awful convenient.
Just saw this and yes, I saw the WW2 numbers and knew that would now work. The 5 years and 4 months of World War II American deaths (April 21, 1940 - Aug. 18, 1945) did take an American toll of 405,399! I thought the 7 Wars/Conflits would be enough but I see your comment lands 4stars****....not surprised! You didn't mention the Civil War either and I had 3 GG grandads and 1 GGG granddad die in that one. Civil War ~ 620,000; 4 years, 27 days.

WWII - 76,059.8 American deaths/year
CW - 151,838 American deaths/year

6,800 US death occurred in the Revolutionary war - 7+ years
15,000 Americans died in the war of 1812 - 2 years, 8 months
116,516 US deaths in WW1 - 4 years, 106 days
33,686 US deaths in Korean War - ~ 3 years
4418 Iraqi Freedom - over 1 month
2586 Persian Gulf War - 42 days
2349 Enduring Freedom - 13 years

Covid- 19 American deaths - 196,277 / 6 months and 13 days (as of yesterday) I hope that number stops there but my uneducated guess is it "could" be greater than 405,000 in 1 years time?

TheStorm
Daviewolf83 said:

Wayland said:

The word I got last night is that Cooper took over on this decision. Cohen did not want to allow parents, even after all the negative news reports and after the petition was presented to the governor by State parents. He stepped in and over-ruled Cohen. Cooper is definitely letting Cohen drive most of the decisions and policies.
That three (3) years of Residency must really have been something!
Mormad
Davie, i just wanted to personally say I'm really happy for you and i truly hope you get tickets to every game to support your son and his team. I know what this means to you.
Mormad
Wayland said:

Cohen doesn't know sht

That little cutout of her quote just irritates me to no end
Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Quote:

9/10/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
928 <- 90% reporting (was 916 at 86%)
Completed Tests

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1544 Deaths are now Congregate (+13)
484 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+3)
+32 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

962 Deaths assumed General Population (+16)
2028 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+16)

353 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+9)
Nursing Homes 192 -> 199
Resident Care 101 -> 103
Correctional 43 -> 41
Other 8 -> 10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1222 positive cases over 31726* new tests. 3.9% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 31726 but DHHS claims only 26277 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/10
9/9(2), 9/8(5), 9/7(9), 9/6(6), 9/5(5), 9/4(4), 9/3, 8/30, 8/28, 7/20

2 missing Dates of Death assigned dates.
1 death removed on 9/1
9/11/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
938 <- 93% reporting (was 928 at 90%)
Completed Tests

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1564 Deaths are now Congregate (+20)
484 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+0)
+33 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

975 Deaths assumed General Population (+13)
2048 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+20)

357 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+4)
Nursing Homes 199 -> 205
Resident Care 103 -> 105
Correctional 41 -> 37
Other 10 -> 10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1532 positive cases over 36815* new tests. 4.2% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 36815 but DHHS claims only 30056 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/11
9/10(10), 9/9(6). 9/8(4). 9/7(3), 9/6, 9/5, 9/4(2), 9/1, 8/30, 8/26, 8/17(2), 8/6, 8/3, 7/7

2 DoD previously missing assigned dates.
9/12/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
870 <- 95% reporting (was 938 at 93%)
Completed Tests

1578 Deaths are now Congregate (+14)
485 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+1)
+24 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

984 Deaths assumed General Population (+9)
2063 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+15)

357 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+0)
Nursing Homes 205 -> 209
Resident Care 105 -> 101
Correctional 37 -> 37
Other 10 -> 10

1454 positive cases over 22478* new tests. 6.5% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 22478 but DHHS claims only 17717 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/12
9/11(2), 9/10(7), 9/9(3), 9/8, 9/7(2), 9/3(3), 8/30, 8/21

4 deaths added missing DoD.
9/13/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
831 <- 91% reporting (was 870 at 95%)
Completed Tests

1581 Deaths are now Congregate (+3)
485 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+0)
+5 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

986 Deaths assumed General Population (+2)
2066 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+3)

358 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+1)
Nursing Homes 209 -> 210
Resident Care 101 -> 101
Correctional 37 -> 37
Other 10 -> 10

1196 positive cases over 34976* new tests. 3.4% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 34976 but DHHS claims only 19632 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/13
9/12, 9/11(4)

DHHS TESTING % POSITIVE FOR TODAY 4.9%
9/14/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
895 <- 92% reporting (was 831 at 91%)
Completed Tests

1587 Deaths are now Congregate (+6)
486 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+1)
+8 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

987 Deaths assumed General Population (+1)
2073 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+7)

350 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (-8)
Nursing Homes 210 -> 208
Resident Care 101 -> 97
Correctional 37 -> 35
Other 10 -> 10

845 positive cases over 18711* new tests. 4.5% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 18711 but DHHS claims only 13313 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/14
9/13, 9/12(3), 9/11, 9/10, 9/9, 9/8, 8/27, 8/22, 8/17

3 DoD previously missing assigned dates.

DHHS TESTING % POSITIVE FOR TODAY 4.8%
9/15/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
916 <- 94% reporting (was 895 at 92%)
Completed Tests

1621 Deaths are now Congregate (+34)
489 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+3)
+51 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

1001 Deaths assumed General Population (+14)
2110 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+37)

345 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (-5)
Nursing Homes 208 -> 205
Resident Care 97 -> 96
Correctional 35 -> 36
Other 10 -> 8

1106 positive cases over 17621* new tests. 6.3% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 17621 but DHHS claims only 9563 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/15
9/14(7), 9/13(6), 9/12(5), 9/11(8), 9/10(3), 9/9, 9/8, 9/7(3), 9/6, 9/5, 9/1, 8/30, 8/17, 8/12, 8/9, 8/7, 8/4, 8/3, 8/1, 7/23, 7/16, 7/12(2), 4/14

9/16/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
918 <- 96% reporting (was 916 at 94%)
Completed Tests

1642 Deaths are now Congregate (+21)
498 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)
+38 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

1009 Deaths assumed General Population (+8)
2140 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+30)

338 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (-7)
Nursing Homes 205 -> 204
Resident Care 96 -> 91
Correctional 36 -> 35
Other 8 -> 8

1137 positive cases over 30944* new tests. 3.7% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 30944 but DHHS claims only 22513 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/16
9/15(2), 9/14(13), 9/13(6), 9/12(5), 9/11, 9/10, 9/8(2), 9/6(3), 9/5, 9/4, 9/3(2), 9/2, 8/29, 8/25, 8/14

2 missing DoD assigned Dates

One Death Removed
9/7 (Gaston)
9/17/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
894 <- 96% reporting (was 918 at 96%)
Completed Tests

1654 Deaths are now Congregate (+12)
508 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+10)
+31 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

1018 Deaths assumed General Population (+9)
2162 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+22)

332 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (-6)
Nursing Homes 204 -> 201
Resident Care 91 -> 87
Correctional 35 -> 35
Other 8 -> 9

1552 positive cases over 30791* new tests. 5.0% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 30944 but DHHS claims only 24950 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/17
9/16(5), 9/15(8), 9/14(8), 9/11(2), 9/8, 9/4, 9/3, 9/1, 8/23, 8/17, 8/16(2), 8/8, 8/3, 7/10

Deaths REMOVED 9/17
8/27, 8/18, 8/14

With so many changes still double checking.

9/18/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
904 <- 94% reporting (was 894 at 96%)
Completed Tests

1670 Deaths are now Congregate (+16)
511 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+3)
+27 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

1026 Deaths assumed General Population (+8)
2181 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+19)

336 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+4)
Nursing Homes 201 -> 204
Resident Care 87 -> 89
Correctional 35 -> 35
Other 9 -> 8

1443 positive cases over 34875* new tests. 4.1% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 34875 but DHHS claims only 25978 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/18
9/17(3), 9/16(11), 9/15, 9/14(2), 9/10, 9/9, 9/8, 9/7, 9/1, 8/30, 8/18, 8/10, 8/9, 7/21

1 death removed 8/3
Cthepack
ciscopack said:

st8ofdenial said:

Just saw this and yes, I saw the WW2 numbers and knew that would now work. The 5 years and 4 months of World War II American deaths (April 21, 1940 - Aug. 18, 1945) did take an American toll of 405,399! I thought the 7 Wars/Conflits would be enough but I see your comment lands 4stars****....not surprised! You didn't mention the Civil War either and I had 3 GG grandads and 1 GGG granddad die in that one. Civil War ~ 620,000; 4 years, 27 days.

Covid- 19 American deaths - 196,277 / 6 months and 13 days (as of yesterday) I hope that number stops there but my uneducated guess is it "could" be greater than 405,000 in 1 years time?

Flu kills between 12 k to 60k each year. Over a 6 month period. More than all your examples except WWI. Unless you average by year or days. I am not comparing flu to covid. I am comparing flu to the examples you provided.
ciscopack
Mormad said:

Davie, i just wanted to personally say I'm really happy for you and i truly hope you get tickets to every game to support your son and his team. I know what this means to you.
Me too Daive! Your son is a kicker for Wake....correct? I didn't know where he ended up. If/when he starts....that will make a tough Wake/State game for you. I'm sure you'll pull for Wake then and I don't blame you. I hope you get tickets to the game tomorrow night.

I
Ripper
ciscopack said:

st8ofdenial said:

I don't even know or care what you are prattling on about, but US involvement in WWII dates from 12/7/41 through August of 1945. 3 years 8 months.
ciscopack
Ripper said:

ciscopack said:

st8ofdenial said:

I don't even know or care what you are prattling on about, but US involvement in WWII dates from 12/7/41 through August of 1945. 3 years 8 months.
I'll help....(Americans)...

Captain Robert Moffat Losey ( May 27, 1908 April 21, 1940), an aeronautical meteorologist, is considered to be the first American military casualty in World War II.

Last: Anthony J. Marchione (Aug. 18, 1945) Twenty-year-old Sgt. Anthony Marchione served as a gunner and photographer with the 20th Reconnaissance Squadron.

Vietnam War - 58,209 in 20 years, 1955 - 1975

All war numbers include in combat and other deaths....(Example - 291,557 WWII vets died in combat)

bigeric
^
are you including the 30k servicemen who died of the 1918 Spanish flu before ever reaching the war zone?

We can devolve into the same from/with debate again.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
Ripper
ciscopack said:

Ripper said:

ciscopack said:

st8ofdenial said:

Captain Robert Moffat Losey ( May 27, 1908 April 21, 1940), an aeronautical meteorologist, is considered to be the first American military casualty in World War II.

Last: Anthony J. Marchione (Aug. 18, 1945) Twenty-year-old Sgt. Anthony Marchione served as a gunner and photographer with the 20th Reconnaissance Squadron.

All war numbers include in combat and other deaths....(Example - 291,557 WWII vets died in combat)

That is statistical garbage.
ciscopack
Ripper said:

ciscopack said:

Ripper said:

ciscopack said:

st8ofdenial said:

That is statistical garbage.
Otay Buckwheat.... I made none of it up....I didn't know the numbers but I'm a Google master! Google also let's you search many places for facts and compare what you find. Google knows!

United States military casualties of war

The History Of The First And Last Man Killed In Every Major US Conflict

Take my great-great-great uncle Berry Alford as an example....he died Jan. 24, 1863 during the Civil War at the 1st North Carolina Hospital in Petersburg, Virginia of Typhoid...he had fought in several battles prior. He wasn't a hero like several of his cousins however, who died in battle. Right?

Covid - 19 deaths/day 199,650/193 = 1,034.46 deaths per day in US
Civil War - 449/day
WWII - 297/day
WWI - 200/day
Vietnam - 11/day (of course most happened from the mid-60's - 1975)
Korean - 30/day
Revolutionary - 11/day
1812 - 15/day
Mexican-Am. - 29/day
Iraq - 2/day
Philippine/Am. - 3.8/day
Spanish/Am. - 9.6/day
Afghan. - .36/day

caryking
ciscopack said:

st8ofdenial said:

And the CDC said that only 6% of the number were from COVID only. That means 94% had other, mostly primary, conditions causing death with a COVID positive.

I don't know what to make of all these numbers....
ciscopack
caryking said:

ciscopack said:

st8ofdenial said:

And the CDC said that only 6% of the number were from COVID only. That means 94% had other, mostly primary, conditions causing death with a COVID positive.

I don't know what to make of all these numbers....
United States military casualties of war

The History Of The First And Last Man Killed In Every Major US Conflict

Take my great-great-great uncle Berry Alford as an example....he died Jan. 24, 1863 during the Civil War at the 1st North Carolina Hospital in Petersburg, Virginia of Typhoid...he had fought in several battles prior. He wasn't a hero like several of his cousins however, who died in battle. Right?

Covid - 19 deaths/day 199,650/193 = 1,034.46 deaths per day in US
Civil War - 449/day
WWII - 297/day
WWI - 200/day
Vietnam - 11/day (of course most happened from the mid-60's - 1975)
Korean - 30/day
Revolutionary - 11/day
1812 - 15/day
Mexican-Am. - 29/day
Iraq - 2/day
Philippine/Am. - 3.8/day
Spanish/Am. - 9.6/day
Afghan. - .36/day
In the link talking about deaths in war.....the totals equal 666,441 in combat + 673,929 who died other ways in war.
TheStorm
Dude just needs to give it up. Quickly approaching GP status.
bigeric
ciscopack said:

caryking said:

ciscopack said:

st8ofdenial said:

I think this richly deserves its own thread.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
First Page Last Page
Page 159 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.