Coronavirus

2,011,315 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
DrummerboyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

Speaking of CV ramifications and gyms, my brother lives in Wilmington and was able to work out at Planet Fitness. Durham hasn't reopened the one my wife goes to. Wonder if the franchisee down there said damn the man.
I went by the Planet Fitness I go to and it did not look like it had opened up here in Raleigh. There are only two states that have not opened gyms. New Jersey, who I believe was getting ready to open theirs and of course North Carolina.

I don't know if people have been following the saga of the Atillis Gym in Belmawr, NJ. The owners went along with the closure for two weeks, but then said screw it and opened back up. The State and local Governments have tried over and over to close them down, but they keep opening up and damn the consequences. Last week they designated their gym as a campaign spot for the Republican Senate Candidate and the state cannot shut those down. Those guys have stood up for their Constitutional rights and they will win.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Daviewolf83
wilmwolf80 said:

In coronavirus news, New Hanover RMC is modifying their visitor policy and now allowing most patients to designate one visitor who can visit them.

https://www.wect.com/2020/08/24/nhrmc-modifies-visiting-restrictions/
Interesting. When my mom was in the hospital several weeks ago, the hospital (Forsyth Hospital in Winston-Salem) was allowing one visitor per patient. I had to go through a routine health screening (temperature check, series of questions) and wear a mask before I was allowed to enter. They gave me a sticker/badge and wrote my name on the badge and recorded my name in a book. After visiting, I had to return the sticker/badge to the security guard and they took it back to one of the people who had recorded my name, so my name could be removed and someone else could visit.
packgrad
DrummerboyWolf said:

packgrad said:

Speaking of CV ramifications and gyms, my brother lives in Wilmington and was able to work out at Planet Fitness. Durham hasn't reopened the one my wife goes to. Wonder if the franchisee down there said damn the man.
I went by the Planet Fitness I go to and it did not look like it had opened up here in Raleigh. There are only two states that have not opened gyms. New Jersey, who I believe was getting ready to open theirs and of course North Carolina.

I don't know if people have been following the saga of the Atillis Gym in Belmawr, NJ. The owners went along with the closure for two weeks, but then said screw it and opened back up. The State and local Governments have tried over and over to close them down, but they keep opening up and damn the consequences. Last week they designated their gym as a campaign spot for the Republican Senate Candidate and the state cannot shut those down. Those guys have stood up for their Constitutional rights and they will win.

That is fantastic. I followed early in their story but I have to detach from some of this stuff sometimes. It's infuriating. Glad to see the good guys winning.
DrummerboyWolf
packgrad said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

packgrad said:

That is fantastic. I followed early in their story but I have to detach from some of this stuff sometimes. It's infuriating. Glad to see the good guys winning.
Here is the video from earlier in the week.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6183780232001?playlist_id=930909787001#sp=show-clips
statefan91
wilmwolf80 said:

Nothing you've posted invalidates what he said. If you want to turn it into a larger discussion about wage disparity, make a thread.
It does invalidate the fact that these people may be getting paid more to not work than go to work, BECAUSE THEY CAN"T ****ING GO TO WORK A MINIMUM WAGE JOB WHILE THEY HAVE A KID THAT ISN"T ALLOWED TO GO TO SCHOOL

There's too many people that are fine with corporations getting billions of dollars of bailouts while being concerned that some minimum wage worker is getting enough money to help them pay rent for the month.
statefan91
packgrad said:

Surprising that other gyms haven't opened more. In Charlotte, where I assume we're a little more locked down than other places, I have seen plenty of gyms having outdoor classes and setting weights up outside
TheStorm
ncsualum05 said:

Wayland said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Well, the Twitter function doesnt want to work, so heres the link

Guess were not following science anymore

Edit: I give up, its copied below

[url=https://twitter.com/JoeBrunoWSOC9][/url]Joe Bruno

@JoeBrunoWSOC9
[url=https://twitter.com/JoeBrunoWSOC9][/url]

Governor Roy Cooper: "We want more people to get tested." Governor Cooper says the state wants asymptomatic people who have been in close contact with COVID-19 positive cases to get tested

Dr. Cohen:
"The CDC has changed their guidance. North Carolina has not."

No kidding. As I was watching the briefing, I scrolled through my Facebook feed and found a nice sponsored ad from NC DHHS directing me where I could find free testing in my area. They REALLY want me to get tested.
LOL. Slowly but surely more people are not giving a ****. Which is why the testing is down. Now that CDC has changed guidelines they are in panic mode to keep this thing going. My wife got a rapid test to be on the safe side over the weekend. Turns out we had a case of the good ole fashion rhinovirus (cold) in our house. Everyone got sick but me. My children brought it home from school. Called pediatrician... nurse wasn't even worried about COVID. Said if anything we need to test for strep... that was bad right now.
Silly Rabbit... we'll have to designate that one going forward on our records as "Cold by Covid"...
packgrad
statefan91 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Nothing you've posted invalidates what he said. If you want to turn it into a larger discussion about wage disparity, make a thread.
It does invalidate the fact that these people may be getting paid more to not work than go to work, BECAUSE THEY CAN"T ****ING GO TO WORK A MINIMUM WAGE JOB WHILE THEY HAVE A KID THAT ISN"T ALLOWED TO GO TO SCHOOL

There's too many people that are fine with corporations getting billions of dollars of bailouts while being concerned that some minimum wage worker is getting enough money to help them pay rent for the month.

Talk to your governor and school systems and demand they reopen schools. Tell them to listen to science. People need to get back to work.
wilmwolf
statefan91 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Some portion of those people may be indeed be in that circumstance, but certainly not all of them. I said that in my post, and I'm certain that the original poster doesn't have a problem with people that have had to make that choice. All the more reason for the kids to be in school IMO. And I'm not ok with corporations getting bailouts, and I have no problem with people getting money to help them pay the rent. The fact remains, that there are lots of empty jobs that somebody needs to do, and if you are otherwise able bodied, and don't have to take care of children that can't go to school, then there needs to be incentive to go to work.
TheStorm
statefan91 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Yeah, I mean it sucks when it actually affects you, doesn't it? I know first hand and I think it sucks as well...
statefan91
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Talk to your governor and school systems and demand they reopen schools. Tell them to listen to science. People need to get back to work.
What in the past 6 months of this thread has given you the impression I haven't been doing those things? It's not mutually exclusive to want to let kids back in school AND hope that those who can't go to work have enough money to pay their rent.
packgrad
statefan91 said:

packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

What in the past 6 months of this thread has given you the impression I haven't been doing those things? It's not mutually exclusive to want to let kids back in school AND hope that those who can't go to work have enough money to pay their rent.

I'm not going to get in a tit for tat argument about mutual exclusivity and who can and can't work. It is apparent many are juking the system and many are in need. Open schools and eliminate the crutch/weight.
Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Quote:

8/15/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1032 <- 91% reporting (was 1049 at 90% yesterday)
Completed Tests

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1216 Deaths are now Congregate (+20)
376 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+2)
+30 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

751 Deaths assumed General Population (+8)
1592 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+20)

344 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+6)
Nursing Homes 183 -> 186
Resident Care 99 -> 101
Correctional 44 -> 45
Other 12 -> 12
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRAL is at 2321* deaths

1536 positive cases over 26713* new tests. 5.9% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 25999 but DHHS claims only 24270 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/15
8/14(2), 8/13(4), 8/12(5), 8/11(5), 8/10, 8/9, 8/8, 8/6(2), 8/4, 8/1, 7/24, 7/22, 7/16, 7/14, 7/13(2), 7/10
8/16/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
934 <- 80% reporting (was 1032 at 91% yesterday) MAHPC only 31%
Completed Tests

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1217 Deaths are now Congregate (+1)
377 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+1)
+4 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

753 Deaths assumed General Population (+2)
1594 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+2)

345 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+1)
Nursing Homes 186 -> 187
Resident Care 101 -> 101
Correctional 45 -> 45
Other 12 -> 12
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRAL is at 2376* deaths

1246 positive cases over 21205* new tests. 5.9% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 22205 but DHHS claims only 20338 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/16
8/14, 8/12(2), 8/11, 8/9
8/17/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
980 <- 85% reporting (was 934 at 80% yesterday MAHPC only 31%)
Completed Tests

1218 Deaths are now Congregate (+1)
377 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+0)
+1 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

753 Deaths assumed General Population (+0)
1595 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+1)

345 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+0)
Nursing Homes 187 -> 187
Resident Care 101 -> 101
Correctional 45 -> 45
Other 12 -> 12

WRAL is at 2376* deaths

564 positive cases over 10826* new tests. 5.2% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 10826 but DHHS claims only 10302 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/17
One Death Added With Missing Date

Looks like for deaths Meck and Wake were both +1 and Durham was -1 for a Net of 1.

8/18/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1026 <- 85% reporting (was 980 at 85%)
Completed Tests

1237 Deaths are now Congregate (+19)
389 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+12)
+48 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

770 Deaths assumed General Population (+17)
1626 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+31)

344 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+1)
Nursing Homes 187 -> 186
Resident Care 101 -> 105
Correctional 45 -> 43
Other 12 -> 10

WRAL is at 2377* deaths

1263 positive cases over 15648* new tests. 8.1% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 15648 but DHHS claims only 10048 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/18
8/17(3), 8/16(10), 8/15(10), 8/14(9), 8/13(2), 8/12(3), 8/9(2), 8/8(2), 8/7(2), 8/3, 7/25, 7/6, and 3/12(Checking This)
1 additional missing date of death.
8/19/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1001 <- 91% reporting (was 1026 at 93%)
Completed Tests

1247 Deaths are now Congregate (+10)
394 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+5)
+35 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

790 Deaths assumed General Population (+20)
1641 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+15)

343 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (-1)
Nursing Homes 186 -> 188
Resident Care 105 -> 102
Correctional 43 -> 43
Other 10 -> 10

WRAL is at 2438* deaths

1153 positive cases over 26974* new tests. 4.3% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 26974 but DHHS claims only 26323 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/19
8/18(6), 8/17(9), 8/16(5), 8,15(2) 8/14, 8/13(2), 8/12(2), 8/11, 8/7(2), 8/6, 7/29
3 new missing dates of death for 6 total
8/20/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1023 <- 91% reporting (was 1001 at 91%)
Completed Tests

1262 Deaths are now Congregate (+15)
401 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+7)
+34 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

802 Deaths assumed General Population (+12)
1663 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+22)

347 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+4)
Nursing Homes 188 -> 188
Resident Care 102 -> 105
Correctional 43 -> 43
Other 10 -> 11

WRAL is at 2463* deaths

1972 positive cases over 25213* new tests. 7.8% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 25213 but DHHS claims only 21375 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/20
8/19(3), 8/18(8), 8/17(6), 8/16(3), 8/15(2), 8/14, 8/13(2), 8/12(3), 8/11, 8/10(3), 8/8, 8/7, 8/6, 8/1, 7/29, 7/20
One Death REMOVED 7/28
8/21/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1015 <- 90% reporting (was 1023 at 91%)
Completed Tests

1271 Deaths are now Congregate (+9)
413 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+12)
+29 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

810 Deaths assumed General Population (+8)
1684 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+21)

354 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+7)
Nursing Homes 188 -> 192
Resident Care 105 -> 108
Correctional 43 -> 43
Other 11 -> 11

WRAL is at 2487* deaths

2008 positive cases over 27587* new tests. 7.3% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 27587 but DHHS claims only 22076 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/21
8/20(3), 8/19(9), 8/18(9), 8/16(2), 8/15(2), 8/13, 8/11, 8/5, 7/15(3)
One added date from missing

Deaths REMOVED
8/14, 5/16

Cases definitely up this week.
8/22/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
996 <- 92% reporting (was 1015 at 90%)
Completed Tests

1285 Deaths are now Congregate (+14)
415 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+2)
+27 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

821 Deaths assumed General Population (+11)
1700 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+16)

361 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+7)
Nursing Homes 192 -> 195
Resident Care 108 -> 109
Correctional 43 -> 46
Other 11 -> 11

WRAL is at xxxx* deaths

1729 positive cases over 21233* new tests. 8.1% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 21233 but DHHS claims only 16919 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/22
8/21(6), 8/20(5), 8/19, 8/18(5), 8/15, 8/14(2) 8/13, 8/12, 8/11, 8/10, 8/9, 8/8, 8/7(2), 8/6

One Death Removed
6/13
8/23/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
898 <- 84% reporting (was 996 at 84%)
Completed Tests

CONGREGATE NOT UPDATED BY DHHS
1285 Deaths are now Congregate (+x)
415 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+x)
+10 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

821 Deaths assumed General Population (+x)
1700 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+x)

361 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+x)
Nursing Homes 195 -> xxx
Resident Care 109 -> xxx
Correctional 46 -> xx
Other 11 -> xx

WRAL is at 2552* deaths

1472 positive cases over 21233* new tests. 5.6% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 26354 but DHHS claims only 21567 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/23
8/22(3), 8/21(4), 8/20, 8/16
One Additional Missing Date
8/24/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
948 <- 83% reporting (was 898 at 84%)
Completed Tests

CONGREGATE NOT UPDATED BY DHHS on 8/23.
BELOW IS 2 DAY CHANGE 8/23 and 8/24
1287 Deaths are now Congregate (+2)
420 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+5)
+4 Deaths Overall since yesterday. (+10 on 8/23)

828 Deaths assumed General Population (+7)
1707 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+7)

365 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+4)
Nursing Homes 195 -> 199
Resident Care 109 -> 109
Correctional 46 -> 46
Other 11 -> 11

WRAL is at 2562* deaths

1283 positive cases over 9223* new tests. 14% positive rate. <- college outbreak testing(?)

Delta completed tests 9223 but DHHS claims only 9003 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/24
8/23, 8/22(3)

Reviewing additional data

8/25/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1000 <- 92% reporting (was 898 at 84%)
Completed Tests

1302 Deaths are now Congregate (+15)
430 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+10)
+35 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

838 Deaths assumed General Population (+10)
1732 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+25)

371 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+6)
Nursing Homes 199 -> 202
Resident Care 109 -> 110
Correctional 46 -> 48
Other 11 -> 11

WRAL is at 2574* deaths

1345 positive cases over 14644* new tests. 9.2% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 14644 but DHHS claims only 8467 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/25
8/24(3), 8/23(8), 8/21(10), 8/20(7), 8/15(2), 8/2

Four new MISSING Dates of Death (now 6 total).

8/26/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1004 <- 90% reporting (was 1000 at 92%)
Completed Tests

1323 Deaths are now Congregate (+21)
437 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+7)
+36 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

846 Deaths assumed General Population (+8)
1760 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+28)

358 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (-13)
Nursing Homes 202 -> 196
Resident Care 110 -> 105
Correctional 48 -> 45
Other 11 -> 12

WRAL is at 2599* deaths

1244 positive cases over 18642* new tests. 6.7% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 18642 but DHHS claims only 15303 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/26
8/25(6), 8/24(11), 8/23(10), 8/22(2), 8/21(3), 8/20, 8/19, 8/15, 8/11, 8/9, 8/8, 8/5, 8/4

8/27/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
958 <- 89% reporting (was 1004 at 90%)
Completed Tests

1333 Deaths are now Congregate (+10)
439 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+2)
+24 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

858 Deaths assumed General Population (+12)
1772 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+12)

355 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+8)
Nursing Homes 196 -> 198
Resident Care 105 -> 110
Correctional 45 -> 47
Other 12 -> 11

WRAL is at 2634* deaths

2091 positive cases over 31724* new tests. 6.6% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 31724 but DHHS claims only 21077 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/27
8/26(2), 8/25(8), 8/24(3), 8/23(3), 8/22, 8/21, 8/19(2), 8/18, 8/15, 8/12, 7/26, 7/19

dogplasma
Looks like we're cruising for a national death toll of a quarter million or more by the end of the year - possibly the third leading cause of death nationally behind cancer and heart disease.
ncsualum05
dogplasma said:

Looks like we're cruising for a national death toll of a quarter million or more by the end of the year - possibly the third leading cause of death nationally behind cancer and heart disease.
Every death sucks but we are beating every model that was out in the spring. They were talking 240,000 by August 1st in part of that low range.
Pacfanweb
dogplasma said:

Assuming that the virus was the primary cause of death. Which in many cases, I believe it was probably not. Dying with covid-19 versus dying from covid-19 are two entirely different things. Might be a couple of years before we sort all that out, if ever.

It is my belief that many of the deaths are from people that would have died anyway, and it would have just been listed as caused by something else. But since covid-19 hit, that gets the credit deserved or not.
Mormad
dogplasma said:

What? This isn't just another cold or flu?
Mormad
Pacfanweb said:

dogplasma said:

Assuming that the virus was the primary cause of death. Which in many cases, I believe it was probably not. Dying with covid-19 versus dying from covid-19 are two entirely different things. Might be a couple of years before we sort all that out, if ever.

It is my belief that many of the deaths are from people that would have died anyway, and it would have just been listed as caused by something else. But since covid-19 hit, that gets the credit deserved or not.

While I believe there is some truth in this, I believe strongly this doesn't happen enough to explain away the Rona as the 3rd leading COD. Damn, may be the first time I've ever disagreed with you.
Mormad
ncsualum05 said:

dogplasma said:

Every death sucks but we are beating every model that was out in the spring. They were talking 240,000 by August 1st in part of that low range.

We are beating those early projections. But how are we doing that again?
IseWolf22
Pacfanweb said:

dogplasma said:

I think deaths are for sure over counted, but "excess death" studies do show a lot more people have died this year than years past. Life insurance claims at my company are much, much higher than normal.
Is the true number 50% of the reported total? 75%? I really don't know
packgrad
Mormad said:

ncsualum05 said:

dogplasma said:

We are beating those early projections. But how are we doing that again?

Protecting old people better.
IseWolf22
IseWolf22 said:

Pacfanweb said:

dogplasma said:

I think deaths are for sure over counted, but "excess death" studies do show a lot more people have died this year than years past. Life insurance claims at my company are much, much higher than normal.
I'll add, since it's true most of those dying are much older, it will be interesting to see if deaths in 2021 or 2022 are lower than normal, because people in their last couple of years just died a few years early. It's something to watch
kmb717
IseWolf22 said:

Pacfanweb said:

dogplasma said:

Some studies are attributing some of the excess death number as "Lockdown Deaths". Meaning people that died due to lockdowns; for example people not getting proper care or medication in March & April when hospitals were shutdown, increase in drug overdoses and suicides, etc. It certainly doesn't account for all of the unaccounted for excess deaths but some believe it is a good chunk of them.
Wayland
kmb717 said:

IseWolf22 said:

Pacfanweb said:

dogplasma said:

Some studies are attributing some of the excess death number as "Lockdown Deaths". Meaning people that died due to lockdowns; for example people not getting proper care or medication in March & April when hospitals were shutdown, increase in drug overdoses and suicides, etc. It certainly doesn't account for all of the unaccounted for excess deaths but some believe it is a good chunk of them.
Again, it will take time start to put the pieces all together.

Take everything with a grain of salt, but here is a sample estimate to visualize some of the potential impacts.

wilmwolf
There are assuredly a number of deaths attributable to people avoiding medical care. We know that incidents of heart attacks and other things like that were way down for a period of time. The mental health toll is also very high. I've posted it before, but I know several people who have committed suicide during this time, and one that attempted it. Will we ever be able to say for certain that the lockdowns lead directly to those deaths? I don't know, but it definitely is an issue.
dogplasma
I'm sure the total death statistic isn't perfect, but any number anywhere in the neighborhood of 250,000 will be pretty shocking. That's not just a percentage above a really bad flu season, that's many times above. And it could accelerate when the flu season hits, as I'm sure everyone in this thread already knows.
Wayland
dogplasma said:

I'm sure the total death statistic isn't perfect, but any number anywhere in the neighborhood of 250,000 will be pretty shocking. That's not just a percentage above a really bad flu season, that's many times above. And it could accelerate when the flu season hits, as I'm sure everyone in this thread already knows.
It is also certainly possible that due to the 'dry tinder' theory that this will be a relatively mild flu season. I guess we will see what the winter brings. Should keep our eyes focused on those locations ahead of us on the epidemic curve.
Wayland
So apparently last week (I missed it while on vacation). NC DHHS added more codes to identify CLI. They acknowledge doing this in the surveillance, but they don't say what the new codes are.

You can see it doesn't affect the earlier peaks, but greatly affects the recent peak. It would be interesting to know what the codes are.

Second thing. It looks like they shifted last week's reported CLI up higher than they had previously reported it as. This is not something I have not noticed them doing in previous CLI reports. I think they need to start actually reporting the number and why it shifted up this week.

Pacfanweb
Mormad said:

Pacfanweb said:

dogplasma said:

While I believe there is some truth in this, I believe strongly this doesn't happen enough to explain away the Rona as the 3rd leading COD. Damn, may be the first time I've ever disagreed with you.
Oh, I agree and am not being a denier or saying Covid isn't significant. So don't worry, you still agree with me, lol.

Just saying the numbers might not be as high as reported.

We DO have some excess deaths and miscounted deaths won't explain that way, not at all.

I just think those early peaks in places like NYC have skewed the numbers a good bit.

NC, for example....I don't think we have any excess deaths for 2020. We had about 6 weeks IIRC that were over the threshold, but we were well under it up to that point and overall we don't have any excess deaths.

Go look at the same chart for New York, however, and they can't come close to making the same claim.
Pacfanweb
Here's what I mean:

NC Excess Deaths 2020:

New York Excess Deaths 2020:

packgrad
We did it. Last state to open gyms. Congratulations Cooper! Science!
Daviewolf83
The media definitely has an agenda and are definitely trying to politicize this pandemic, as evidenced by the latest "Breaking News" Tweet by WRAL.

Here is the comment I posted back to their Tweet:

DrummerboyWolf
Daviewolf83 said:

The media definitely has an agenda and are definitely trying to politicize this pandemic, as evidenced by the latest "Breaking News" Tweet by WRAL.

Nicely done Davie!!! Jessie Helms has to be rolling in his grave over how far WRAL has turned left.
Wayland
Daviewolf83 said:

I noticed that and laughed a little. Not to mention that is getting pretty close to 'false positive' territory at 0.5%.
TheStorm
Daviewolf83 said:

And how do they know it wasn't contracted from some "woke" idiot jumping up and down and screaming six inches away from some innocent attendee's face on their way home from the event? *I'm sure there were literally hundreds of incidents like that on the tranquil streets of DC last night.

Kind of like a lot of the continued stupidity in a lot of these posts I'm getting the pleasure to read here again today. Same group of posters as always. Like f'n clockwork.

Yep the media has an agenda. Has from the very first day Trump took office.
First Page Last Page
Page 147 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.