Democratic Debates

11,199 Views | 214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by RunsWithWolves26
cowboypack02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IseWolf22 said:

statefan91 said:

For those of you satisfied with the current Healthcare and Insurance provider systems, are you also satisfied with this -

https://www.insider.com/half-cancer-patients-lose-their-entire-life-savings-2018-10

I don't understand how the rest of the Western world has figured out how to avoid putting people into bankruptcy if they are unfortunate enough to get cancer, but the US can't...
Out of the 42%, how many had little to no life savings in the first place? A large chunk of Americans have approximately $0 and are included in this number. Separate issue.

There are tradeoffs of course. In other countries you largely don't have the right to try new or experimental medicines. I still think the biggest fix to our system is full price transparency. If people can shop for their medical care, prices will go down. Right now you have almost no insight into what your different treatment options cost, and their effectiveness.
I fully agree with you here. If we can make healthcare affordable through transparent pricing then I am all for it. Hopefully it would increase competition and drive prices down

On your first point i think part of what drives the folks that do have savings into bankruptcy is that the people who are paying have to carry both themselves and the folks that don't pay anything as well. I don't know what the solution is for that but it has to really drive the pricing up on anything medical related
RunsWithWolves26
Guess I'm still on ignore because I haven't received a repsonse back from the question I ask another poster. Sure wish people actually wanted to have open conversation and not just put someone in ignore because they don't agree with their opinions. Oh well, I shall keep waiting
statefan91
Crazy to me that Steyer has qualified for the debates. I can't imagine having that type of money to waste on my ego rather than finding an opportunity to do good things and impact people's lives. I don't begrudge him, just think it's a waste.
statefan91
My understanding is that you do have the opportunity to try experimental / new drugs, you just have to pay extra for them or get additional insurance outside of the standard coverage across the country. I could absolutely be wrong though.
RunsWithWolves26
Heart broken that Harris is out of the race now. Bunch of billionaires that are racist and don't like women held her back. Sad to see.
Page 7 of 7

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.