2024 #Pack9

35,669 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by DanielWilsonIPS
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NC State baseball head coach Elliott Avent announced the program's 2024 schedule on Monday afternoon. The 54-game schedule includes 33 contests at Doak Field at Dail Park, highlighted by 21 home contests in the team's first 28 matchups of the season.

Opening Day for the Wolfpack's 2024 season is set for Feb. 16 when NC State welcomes VCU for a three-game series at The Doak. NC State then makes a lengthy road trip to Hawai'i for the first time since 2017, playing a three-game series against the Rainbow Warriors from Feb. 23-25.

NC State plays its next 10 games at home, welcoming Queens (Feb. 28), Towson (March 1-3) and Winthrop (March 5) before opening ACC play against Boston College from March 8-10. The Wolfpack concludes its 10-game homestand against UNCG on March 12.

NC State's first ACC road series sends the Wolfpack to Atlanta for a three-game series at Georgia Tech (March 15-17). The Pack returns to Doak Field for a midweek matchup against Coastal Carolina (March 19) before hosting Tobacco Road rival Duke (March 22-24) for the first time since 2016.

A midweek trip to UNCG (March 26) splits another four-game home stretch at The Doak as NC State welcomes Notre Dame (March 28-30) and East Carolina (April 2). NC State's road-heavy April begins following its matchup against ECU, playing seven straight games away from Raleigh with ACC series at Louisville (April 5-7) and Clemson (April 12-14) and a midweek matchup at UNCW (April 9).
NC State plays eight of its final nine games of April at The Doak, highlighted by in-state matchups against Campbell (April 16), North Carolina (April 18-20) and UNCW (April 30).

The Wolfpack concludes its 2024 regular season schedule with four home games in May, hosting Norfolk State on May 7 before finishing its regular season slate at home against Wake Forest (May 16-18). NC State's final two ACC road series against Florida State (May 3-5) and Virginia (May 10-12) help complete the Pack's 54-game schedule.

Game times are listed on the 2024 schedule linked here and above.

2024 baseball reserved season tickets are sold out! A limited number of standing-room only (SRO) season tickets are available. Please call Andrew Katzenberger with the NC State Athletics Ticket Office at 919-865-1427 to purchase.

Bojangles mini-packs and single-game tickets will go on sale in January.

https://gopack.com/news/2023/12/11/-pack9-releases-2024-baseball-schedule
Gost8
That's a tough conference road slate.
pack2010
underwhelming OOC, per usual- people will complain. But at the end of the day it's still a top 25 SOS.

like how the season starts out in conference, with BC, @GT, and Duke being winnable series. The last month is TOUGH. Wake, @ UVA and @ FSU won't be easy.
Alex Gee
Staff
Not really worried about the OOC schedule in terms of RPI/SOS. Towson Stinks, Hawaii is decent + cool road trip for the guys, VCU was a tournament team two years ago. Coastal, ECU, UNCW, & Campbell can all play and potentially make the tournament. Ball State in a late series and they made the tournament last year too.

Win 5 series with that conference schedule and you are an easy in. Win 6-7 and you're talking about a host/national seed. Can't wait!
pack2010
Alex Gee said:

Not really worried about the OOC schedule in terms of RPI/SOS. Towson Stinks, Hawaii is decent + cool road trip for the guys, VCU was a tournament team two years ago. Coastal, ECU, UNCW, & Campbell can all play and potentially make the tournament. Ball State in a late series and they made the tournament last year too.

Win 5 series with that conference schedule and you are an easy in. Win 6-7 and you're talking about a host/national seed. Can't wait!

FWIW- I am 100% with you, don't care too much about the OOC. But, to play devils advocate, VCU was in the 220s RPI wise last year. 2 years ago they were in the 50s. Assuming they are somewhere in the middle, that is in the mid 100s which is meh. Hawaii was 76 last year, Ball State was 101 RPI wise. So, let's assume VCU is in the 150s or so, and that leaves Hawaii as your best OOC series and they are in the mid 70s. Definitely leaves a little to be desired
Alex Gee
Staff
pack2010 said:

Alex Gee said:

FWIW- I am 100% with you, don't care too much about the OOC. But, to play devils advocate, VCU was in the 220s RPI wise last year. 2 years ago they were in the 50s. Assuming they are somewhere in the middle, that is in the mid 100s which is meh. Hawaii was 76 last year, Ball State was 101 RPI wise. So, let's assume VCU is in the 150s or so, and that leaves Hawaii as your best OOC series and they are in the mid 70s. Definitely leaves a little to be desired

We didn't play an OOC series last season against a team that finished higher than 215 in the RPI and still had a top 20 SOS, an OOC SOS of 82, and our OOC RPI was 5th because of record and quality of midweeks.

This is like a baseball version of an old Gottfried basketball schedule.
wilmwolf
Mid week is always the equalizer for me in the OOC schedule debate. There are a lot of good, post season worthy baseball teams in our area/state, and we typically play most of them during the course of the season. That plus playing in a top 2 conference, I don't get too hung up on the other 2-3 series.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
JCooke93
Sup
JCooke93
Go Pack
Wolfer79
JCooke93
Go Pack
tau06
Wolfer79 said:

The Baseball America fall write ups for all teams have been really well done
Wolfer79
TraCha4
Now that football season is over, I can't wait for baseball season to start!!!!!! Can't get here fast enough.
JCooke93
Soon
pack2010
TraCha4 said:

Now that football season is over, I can't wait for baseball season to start!!!!!! Can't get here fast enough.

same. and similar to next years football team, i think the roles are going to be pretty reversed from what we are used to. i think am more confident in the arms compared to the bats for the first time in years (i think we will hit just fine, too). just like in football, i think the 2024 offense will be a little ahead of the defense for the first time in a while.
Wolfer79
JCooke93
Soon
Jtilley
JCooke93 said:

Soon
Sooner
JCooke93
I am so ready
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
JCooke93
35 days away
gabeezzell04
Just looked at the roster and looks like Brandon Crabtree is no longer at State.
pack2010
gabeezzell04 said:

Just looked at the roster and looks like Brandon Crabtree is no longer at State.

Good catch, interesting. He is now at Gaston College. He seemed to have high upside with the bat.
Wolfer79
kmb717
pack2010
kmb717 said:

Elite company, and makes our NIL event this week even more important. We have 5-6 kids from this freshman class that can be All- ACC type kids that we will need to hold on to.
pack2010
Preseason #13 according to D1

JCooke93
I am so ready
metcalfmafia
Which is the ranking that shows on broadcasts?
pack2010
metcalfmafia said:

Which is the ranking that shows on broadcasts?

D1 I am pretty sure
pack2010
D1 baseball predicting Sosa will start the season at DH with Hogue in the OF, meaning Chase Nixon to the bench.

Also is guessing Van Dam as our 4th starting pitcher with Whitaker as the closer
kmb717

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.