NC State Baseball Update from Woodson/Corrigan

24,752 Views | 211 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JCooke93
Griffin134
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unpopular opinion - but maybe Boo/State is taking the passive way out as not to provoke the NCAA any further while trying to navigate the waters from the Gott/Smith issues.

Ultimately, nothing is going to change regarding the NCAA decision to remove us. The season is over for us. They know that. Why make tensions tighter?

Not saying I agree/disagree with the logic if that is the logic, but it's possible.
Grown A$$ Man
aqasaw234
wilmwolf80 said:

One thing I know is that James is not going to change what he thinks. Arguing with him is like arguing with a fence post, he's not going to move. Personally, I think he's very wrong with his interpretation of events and the blame he wants to put on people under the circumstance, but I'm not going to keep arguing with him about it. In this case, as happens frequently when the NCAA is involved, it's not about the rules, it's about how the rules were interpreted and applied, that is bringing the ire of NC State fans. That ire is justified in this case, and similarly, you aren't going to change my mind about that.

then you just refuse to take off your wolfpack fan glasses. who in the world is still confused about the covid rules and protocol the ncaa sent out? it couldn't be more straightforward and clear. agree with them or not, nothing about it is remotely difficult to interpret. furthermore, they were applied to us exactly how they laid them out. you didn't see a fight from boo because we didn't have a leg to stand on and he knew it.
aqasaw234
Bas2020 said:

Yeah.... I dont get the "follow the rules" crowd without questioning the absurdity of the rule.

James hates the "block charge rule" in basketball but doesnt blame our coaches and players for not learning and executing the art of the flop.

IF the rule in public schools was for your child to sit in a school closet 30 min per day would you say "well those are the rules"... or would your question/fight it?

UNC broke every rule imaginable with the NCAA and fought it.....since when do NCAA rules matter ?

You think this "July 1" transfer portal rule is going to be a rule that is followed? Let's sit back and watch....

y'all only hear what you want to hear. we all agree on the absurdity of the rules. no one is arguing that point. they are bull**** rules.

but the ncaa sent us these bull**** rules way way way back, and you know what we said ? sign us up, we're going to ruston, louisiana
aqasaw234
waxhaw said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

pack95 said:

waxhaw said:

If a vaccinated player with COVID is so dangerous to other athletes in their 20s, why not test all of them? Does anyone really think Miss St or Vandy wouldn't pop a few positives also?

There may not have been anything we could do but you can at least seem upset. Geez.

Please stop using logic in your reasoning.
6 ft for more than 15 minutes.......that is the timeline for contact tracing.....if that did not happen then those people do not need to be tested....
None of them should need to be tested. If you play a game against Vanderbilt and there is no 6 foot for 15 minutes, so they don't get tested, why does it matter? Why can't you play a second game? Especially if you tested negative? The whole thing is ridiculous.

As for those of you saying the rules are the rules. There are tons of rules that get pushed back on for stupidity. Why do we roll over and take it vs fighting like other schools? Does anyone think UNC followed the rules in the cheating scandal? Find a loophole and let your best team ever play for the national championship. Grow a pair of balls and call out the hypocrisy. Stand up against contact tracing rules that make no sense.

Fact is we didnt because it is politically incorrect to say anything about COVID or contact tracing.

how many months/years did unc have to find a loophole? we weren't working with that kind of time frame
st8ofdenial
Gravis said:

They flew on a charter.

The positive players were sent by bus.
Positive Players got a Private plane donated to fly back.
wilmwolf
aqasaw234 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

One thing I know is that James is not going to change what he thinks. Arguing with him is like arguing with a fence post, he's not going to move. Personally, I think he's very wrong with his interpretation of events and the blame he wants to put on people under the circumstance, but I'm not going to keep arguing with him about it. In this case, as happens frequently when the NCAA is involved, it's not about the rules, it's about how the rules were interpreted and applied, that is bringing the ire of NC State fans. That ire is justified in this case, and similarly, you aren't going to change my mind about that.

then you just refuse to take off your wolfpack fan glasses. who in the world is still confused about the covid rules and protocol the ncaa sent out? it couldn't be more straightforward and clear. agree with them or not, nothing about it is remotely difficult to interpret. furthermore, they were applied to us exactly how they laid them out. you didn't see a fight from boo because we didn't have a leg to stand on and he knew it.
There are thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of people who aren't wearing Wolfpack fan glasses that have a big problem with how this all went down. I'm one of the most objective people on this board, my opinion is not being clouded by my fandom. I appreciate your input, and understand you position. I do not agree with it.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
aqasaw234
wilmwolf80 said:

aqasaw234 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

There are thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of people who aren't wearing Wolfpack fan glasses that have a big problem with how this all went down. I'm one of the most objective people on this board, my opinion is not being clouded by my fandom. I appreciate your input, and understand you position. I do not agree with it.

those tens of thousands have a problem with the hypocrisy of it all. they're outraged that the rules (or lack thereof) that we all go by in every day life wasn't applied to our players in this setting. i have a problem with hypocrisy of it all. the "rule followers" on this board have a problem with it.

it's an entirely separate issue from understanding what went down with our team in omaha.
wilmwolf
Cool. I still disagree. Thanks.
Wlfpackamk
After a few days of thinking, I have some conclusions that will probably be debated:

1) Yes, NC State had 8 Covid positive cases and probably had cause for suspension of play.

2) There's no way anyone could convince me that this is isolated only to NC State. There is no bubble. There are hotels, fans, the game itself, etc. If they thought it was unsafe for NC State to play, the whole tourney should have been suspended.

3) I don't think this was for ratings. There are not enough Vandy fans watching TV that makes that much money. I do think there are some powerful individuals that personally benefitted by Vandy being in it.

4) If I was AD, I would have stood at the doors of TD Ameritrade park until they drag my body away. I could at least show the fight, even if the decision held.

5) Someone still needs to address the 2am decision because a) there's not one NCAA official that was actually awake debating this b) no major decision in sports has come in the middle of the night c) a Saturday morning presser would have been taken much more appropriately.

6) 4 positive tests on 4 vaccinated players is a statistical anomaly, Delta variant or not. I'm still curious as to the type of test. A 30 cycle test will show positive on just about anyone.
Packsd14me
aqasaw234 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

aqasaw234 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

those tens of thousands have a problem with the hypocrisy of it all. they're outraged that the rules (or lack thereof) that we all go by in every day life wasn't applied to our players in this setting. i have a problem with hypocrisy of it all. the "rule followers" on this board have a problem with it.

it's an entirely separate issue from understanding what went down with our team in omaha.
So instead of taking time to see how they applied their rules, they let it affect the integrity of their National Championship by kicking out a team that earned the right to be there without a review of how to apply these rules and what is in the NCAA's best interest and college baseball. Drastic times calls for drastic measures. They failed here as a leader. That is my issue. Delay the tournament until at least they try to figure out a fair solution. It's no different than a rain delay. They didn't. They just threw our arguably their best team.

Do you think that happens to Duke, Kentucky, UNC or Kansas in basketball? I don't. They simply say, in the event to find a true champion.....here is what we are going to do. I have run large tournaments before, making changes on the fly. Treat everyone the same and everyone understands changes to schedule and rulings that are made. We aren't important enough to them to force them to make a change to rules when a consequence that is likely not thought about when writing the rules happens. We were given the shaft. Everyone should be treated them same. No one had advanced as far as we had in a tournament to be ousted. They were wimpy and wrong here. As usual with the NCAA, bad leadership.
aqasaw234
going into this thing espn executives would've had their fingers crossed for a vandy/texas cws finals. that would be the biggest ratings draw for them. same for the ncaa. the bigger the tv ratings the more leverage they have in the next contact negotiations.

it's not about the vanderbilt fan base. vanderbilt has two big big big time star players that will draw eyeballs to espn just because they're on the mound. i promise you espn is giddy that rocker will be on the mound tonight in a winner take all game 3 situation.
aqasaw234
Packsd14me said:

aqasaw234 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

aqasaw234 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

So instead of taking time to see how they applied their rules, they let it affect the integrity of their National Championship by kicking out a team that earned the right to be there without a review of how to apply these rules and what is in the NCAA's best interest and college baseball. Drastic times calls for drastic measures. They failed here as a leader. That is my issue. Delay the tournament until at least they try to figure out a fair solution. It's no different than a rain delay. They didn't. They just threw our arguably their best team.

Do you think that happens to Duke, Kentucky, UNC or Kansas in basketball? I don't. They simply say, in the event to find a true champion.....here is what we are going to do. I have run large tournaments before, making changes on the fly. Treat everyone the same and everyone understands changes to schedule and rulings that are made. We aren't important enough to them to force them to make a change to rules when a consequence that is likely not thought about when writing the rules happens. We were given the shaft. Everyone should be treated them same. No one had advanced as far as we had in a tournament to be ousted. They were wimpy and wrong here. As usual with the NCAA, bad leadership.

No, Duke, UK, UNC, or Kansas would not be kicked out of a Final Four. Hell, State wouldn't be kicked out either. They would definitely find a way to make it work. And guess what, when the CWS makes them $1+ Billion, they'll treat it the exact same way.
packgrad
They're only getting about 1.5 million less viewers than 2 years ago. Leiter and Rocker aren't getting viewers.
Packchem91
aqasaw234 said:

going into this thing espn executives would've had their fingers crossed for a vandy/texas cws finals. that would be the biggest ratings draw for them. same for the ncaa. the bigger the tv ratings the more leverage they have in the next contact negotiations.

it's not about the vanderbilt fan base. vanderbilt has two big big big time star players that will draw eyeballs to espn just because they're on the mound. i promise you espn is giddy that rocker will be on the mound tonight in a winner take all game 3 situation.
Texas, I buy. But Vandy threw one of those aces Monday, and only had 385k viewers. So while the media and the ESPN producers surely love those 2 guys pitching because they can simply show their dads for every single fan shot.....I"m not sure that would have motivated any decisions.
aqasaw234
To be clear, I don't think it motivated any decision either. I don't think we got intentionally screwed.

If not vandy, then who on our side of the bracket was the biggest tv draw. Stanford? And I mean who was biggest tv draw going into Omaha? Not after we captured America's hearts.
Pocketflask
aqasaw234 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Boo also knows a major ball was dropped allowing our team to behave like Omaha was a covid free environment. I don't care what the rules for spectators are, if I know the stated testing protocol there is no way I'm allowing my players to cavort all over Omaha like the virus doesn't exist. Our biggest failure here is not making every effort to control the variables we could.
Packsd14me
aqasaw234 said:

To be clear, I don't think it motivated any decision either. I don't think we got intentionally screwed.

If not vandy, then who on our side of the bracket was the biggest tv draw. Stanford? And I mean who was biggest tv draw going into Omaha? Not after we captured America's hearts.
So you agree that the solution, although by their rules, was awful judgement on the NCAA's part. I am not mad at Boo but I am still angry at how the NCAA applied their rules without regard to the situation.....very poor in my opinion.
Packchem91
aqasaw234 said:

Well, I'll be honest, I don't know what motivates people to watch the CWS?
If it's baseball fans in general, then teams didn't really matter
If it's fans of a school....then Vandy wasn't it.
If it's storylines -- I think that one is obvious as the supers and CWS played out, we were the top story.
If it's starpower -- Vandy had this.

Again, not sure any of this matters....if you actually wanted to get into the craziness of conspiracies....ESPN would have likely had a lot more interest in just ensuring there would actually be a final series, regardless of the 2 teams that made it. I guess someone could argue that when they saw our case count, they suggested to NCAA to avoid the risk of those cases increasing, and knocking more players out, to where we had no team left....just to remove us.

No, I'm not saying I think that contributed.....but its a lot more supportable than ESPN saying, gosh Vandy sure would be a better draw (if that were in the works, they'd have made sure Texas beat MSU instead).
aqasaw234
Packsd14me said:

aqasaw234 said:

So you agree that the solution, although by their rules, was awful judgement on the NCAA's part. I am not mad at Boo but I am still angry at how the NCAA applied their rules without regard to the situation.....very poor in my opinion.

Do I think the NCAA could've/should've stepped back and re-considered things once the application of their protocol was about to actually happen? 100%.

But how in the world can you feel "screwed" by the NCAA when they did exactly what they said they were gonna do if this happened? I'm mad at the NCAA, but we weren't screwed by the NCAA.
aqasaw234
Pocketflask said:

aqasaw234 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Boo also knows a major ball was dropped allowing our team to behave like Omaha was a covid free environment. I don't care what the rules for spectators are, if I know the stated testing protocol there is no way I'm allowing my players to cavort all over Omaha like the virus doesn't exist. Our biggest failure here is not making every effort to control the variables we could.

Rob said it best. "If you shoot me you're a criminal. If I give you the bullet to shoot me, I'm just a dead idiot."
aqasaw234
Packchem91 said:

aqasaw234 said:

If it's storylines -- I think that one is obvious as the supers and CWS played out, we were the top story.

Again, not sure any of this matters....if you actually wanted to get into the craziness of conspiracies....ESPN would have likely had a lot more interest in just ensuring there would actually be a final series, regardless of the 2 teams that made it. I guess someone could argue that when they saw our case count, they suggested to NCAA to avoid the risk of those cases increasing, and knocking more players out, to where we had no team left....just to remove us.

No, I'm not saying I think that contributed.....but its a lot more supportable than ESPN saying, gosh Vandy sure would be a better draw (if that were in the works, they'd have made sure Texas beat MSU instead).

Agreed. The emphasis was probably on making sure there was a finals. Sacrifice them to ensure we have those games. I firmly believe they would've booted Vandy, Texas, Miss State, NY Yankees every bit as fast as they did us.
Wlfpackamk
I'm sickened by the people here and all over the country that keep saying, "you did it to yourself". There were so many anomalies in this decision against common sense, you just aren't thinking clearly.

And even if you agree with that sentiment, you have zero! idea if any other players, coaches, fans at hotels, umpires, etc. are a "danger" (and I use that term loosely) to safety.
aqasaw234
Wlfpackamk said:

I'm sickened by the people here and all over the country that keep saying, "you did it to yourself". There were so many anomalies in this decision against common sense, you just aren't thinking clearly.

And even if you agree with that sentiment, you have zero! idea if any other players, coaches, fans at hotels, umpires, etc. are a "danger" (and I use that term loosely) to safety.

no one is arguing that their rules didn't go against common sense.

are you arguing that we didn't agree to abide by their rules that go against common sense?
PackFansXL
aqasaw234 said:

Wlfpackamk said:

no one is arguing that their rules didn't go against common sense.

are you arguing that we didn't agree to abide by their rules that go against common sense?
I think he's saying you should give it a rest. Agree to disagree and drop it.
Packsd14me
aqasaw234 said:

Packchem91 said:

aqasaw234 said:

Agreed. The emphasis was probably on making sure there was a finals. Sacrifice them to ensure we have those games. I firmly believe they would've booted Vandy, Texas, Miss State, NY Yankees every bit as fast as they did us.

I doubt that....a week's delay ...changing the format.....something innovative would have accomplished that goal....ensure the participation of all 4 teams without sacrificeing anyone. Vandy-State play 2 of 3, Miss St - Texas play 2 of 3....the winners play 2 of 3 championship....we ensure safety of fans,players and get a true champion...all with a little thinking, discussion and conversation with all 4 teams.....and tv...making more money....

again, bad leadership. You don't think ESPN would have agreed to this, moving the tv schedule?
James Henderson
Staff
DrummerboyWolf said:

James Henderson said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Steve Videtich said:

Again, I understand the rules are what they are. The issue I have is when 4 vaccinated players tested positive. That should've set off alarms for the ncaa and the health department. Either 1) there was an issue with the testing process, or 2) there is now an unforeseen problem with a variant that should've had the ncaa testing everyone on every team. They could have people participating in the finals now that are positive.

If it had turned out we were the only ones, I can live with that as crap luck. If there were other teams with vaccinated positives, that would've changed the entire narrative for everyone involved, including the ncaa. But, we'll never get that answer.
I don't think they tested other vaccinated players (although they may have for Vandy) because the other teams gave them no reason to do so if that makes sense.

They are going to assume (right or wrong) the outbreak was limited to NC State.
I doubt they really wanted to test those other teams guys either. If 4/14 can test positive....who knows who else might get popped...so, to your point, since this was never really about safety, if the team didn't give them a reason, stay away from opening up pandora's box.

Part of why I think they were trying to encourage teams to bring vaxxed players in first place.
Katherine Johnston said in a story yesterday that Reid had gotten Covid in February and still had the antibodies so did not get the vaccine. He never tested positive. I am sure we have others just like that. Forcing people to vaccinate is not right James. The NCAA screwed the pooch on this one by testing the vaccinated players who were of no danger to anybody.

Who is forcing someone to get vaccinated?

The NCAA said clearly in their rules with an outbreak they can now test everyone.

That wasn't new to State. You don't see boo/Woodson complaining about that; they knew it ahead of time.
You don't see them complaining because they are week and status quo guys. Don't want to rock the apple cart.

If the NCAA was encouraging players to be vaxxed, then they are in a way forcing your hand. If you think for one minute we had everybody vaxxed but still had one player with symptoms, they wouldn't have still thrown us out then I do have some ocean front property in Kansas I would like to sell you. The NCAA panicked and then try to cover up in the middle of the night. We had enough players to play that were not positive.
Yep, the NCAA was going to do everything they can to prevent NC State from winning a CWS title. That was apparently the goal.

I just don't think that way, but I guess I'm in the minority. Unfortunately, over the years I"ve seen State do enough themselves to prevent it from happening, although I thought this time would be different.

There was no way they were going to let State take the field with 8 players and rising having tested positive over a 3-day period. It just wasn't happening. If you think that's b/c it was NC State and not some other team, I just have to disagree.
James Henderson
Staff
wilmwolf80 said:

What part am I wrong about? I actually believe the timeline/events as documented because they make sense (and I've heard similar behind the scenes.).

I don't really see where the NCAA was wrong in how they applied the rules.

They tested unvaxed players. They said they would.
They contact traced players. They've done that all year.
They started testing vaxed players after an outbreak. Again, they said they would.

I try not to go around blaming someone else when I do something wrong, and in this case, I don't believe NC State did everything they could do to try and prevent this outbreak from happening. Trust me, if I'd been hearing NC State was doing things they should have to limit a potential outbreak, I wouldn't be as vocal about it.

Of course, I also wouldn't be mad at the NCAA or Vandy, to me it would just be unfortunate. Really it kind of is anyways, but the optics of how State handled the last 10 days is troubling.
Ramblinwolf
School, activity, public, greyhound? Detailslol
James Henderson
Staff
Bas2020 said:

Yeah.... I dont get the "follow the rules" crowd without questioning the absurdity of the rule.

James hates the "block charge rule" in basketball but doesnt blame our coaches and players for not learning and executing the art of the flop.

IF the rule in public schools was for your child to sit in a school closet 30 min per day would you say "well those are the rules"... or would your question/fight it?

UNC broke every rule imaginable with the NCAA and fought it.....since when do NCAA rules matter ?

You think this "July 1" transfer portal rule is going to be a rule that is followed? Let's sit back and watch....
Oh I hate the block/charge rule. It should be eliminated. Of course I have to continue seeing it enforced.

We have a stretch of road up by my house where the speed limit is 45. It makes no sense to me. Should be 55. Of course I have to abide by the rule or I'll get a ticket (when caught).

aqasaw234
Packsd14me said:

aqasaw234 said:

Packchem91 said:

aqasaw234 said:

I doubt that....a week's delay ...changing the format.....something innovative would have accomplished that goal....ensure the participation of all 4 teams without sacrificeing anyone. Vandy-State play 2 of 3, Miss St - Texas play 2 of 3....the winners play 2 of 3 championship....we ensure safety of fans,players and get a true champion...all with a little thinking, discussion and conversation with all 4 teams.....and tv...making more money....

again, bad leadership. You don't think ESPN would have agreed to this, moving the tv schedule?

I don't know what ESPN has scheduled over the next couple of weeks. It is pretty slow in early July.

When's the draft? If delaying CWS pushes up against that the MLB will go scorched earth on everybody. Teams are gonna want their guys in the organization asap and not throwing 120+ pitches out in omaha.

hahaha NCAA and innovative will never be in the same sentence.
jmepack
James Henderson said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

James Henderson said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Steve Videtich said:

Again, I understand the rules are what they are. The issue I have is when 4 vaccinated players tested positive. That should've set off alarms for the ncaa and the health department. Either 1) there was an issue with the testing process, or 2) there is now an unforeseen problem with a variant that should've had the ncaa testing everyone on every team. They could have people participating in the finals now that are positive.

If it had turned out we were the only ones, I can live with that as crap luck. If there were other teams with vaccinated positives, that would've changed the entire narrative for everyone involved, including the ncaa. But, we'll never get that answer.
I don't think they tested other vaccinated players (although they may have for Vandy) because the other teams gave them no reason to do so if that makes sense.

I doubt they really wanted to test those other teams guys either. If 4/14 can test positive....who knows who else might get popped...so, to your point, since this was never really about safety, if the team didn't give them a reason, stay away from opening up pandora's box.

Part of why I think they were trying to encourage teams to bring vaxxed players in first place.
Katherine Johnston said in a story yesterday that Reid had gotten Covid in February and still had the antibodies so did not get the vaccine. He never tested positive. I am sure we have others just like that. Forcing people to vaccinate is not right James. The NCAA screwed the pooch on this one by testing the vaccinated players who were of no danger to anybody.

The NCAA said clearly in their rules with an outbreak they can now test everyone.

That wasn't new to State. You don't see boo/Woodson complaining about that; they knew it ahead of time.
You don't see them complaining because they are week and status quo guys. Don't want to rock the apple cart.

If the NCAA was encouraging players to be vaxxed, then they are in a way forcing your hand. If you think for one minute we had everybody vaxxed but still had one player with symptoms, they wouldn't have still thrown us out then I do have some ocean front property in Kansas I would like to sell you. The NCAA panicked and then try to cover up in the middle of the night. We had enough players to play that were not positive.
Yep, the NCAA was going to do everything they can to prevent NC State from winning a CWS title. That was apparently the goal.

I just don't think that way, but I guess I'm in the minority. Unfortunately, over the years I"ve seen State do enough themselves to prevent it from happening, although I thought this time would be different.

There was no way they were going to let State take the field with 8 players and rising having tested positive over a 3-day period. It just wasn't happening. If you think that's b/c it was NC State and not some other team, I just have to disagree.
"8 players and rising...." Have we had other players test positive since returning? Last I read we had not had any more positives. Basically the NCAA said a negative test was worth nothing and "contract tracing" effectively eliminated us. However, have we had any more positives?
James Henderson
Staff
Wlfpackamk said:

After a few days of thinking, I have some conclusions that will probably be debated:

1) Yes, NC State had 8 Covid positive cases and probably had cause for suspension of play.
Nothing else really matters at that point.

2) There's no way anyone could convince me that this is isolated only to NC State. There is no bubble. There are hotels, fans, the game itself, etc. If they thought it was unsafe for NC State to play, the whole tourney should have been suspended.
I agree, other teams could have some positives, especially vaxed players, but they apparently didn't give the NCAA a reason to test them.

3) I don't think this was for ratings. There are not enough Vandy fans watching TV that makes that much money. I do think there are some powerful individuals that personally benefitted by Vandy being in it.
I agree, I doubt the NCAA/ESPN want to actually have 1 less televised game. That doesn't make much sense.

4) If I was AD, I would have stood at the doors of TD Ameritrade park until they drag my body away. I could at least show the fight, even if the decision held.
Would it be televised? Boo being carried away from TD Ameritrade by security guards?

5) Someone still needs to address the 2am decision because a) there's not one NCAA official that was actually awake debating this b) no major decision in sports has come in the middle of the night c) a Saturday morning presser would have been taken much more appropriately.
WHy does it matter what time the NCAA tells us? Is 2am really much different than 9am?

Maybe that was done to allow staff/teams to make traveling arrangements/changes.

6) 4 positive tests on 4 vaccinated players is a statistical anomaly, Delta variant or not. I'm still curious as to the type of test. A 30 cycle test will show positive on just about anyone.
Fairly certain the vax tests were not the 30 minute rapid because they had to wait hours for the results.
wilmwolf
James Henderson said:

wilmwolf80 said:

What part am I wrong about? I actually believe the timeline/events as documented because they make sense (and I've heard similar behind the scenes.).

They started testing vaxed players after an outbreak. Again, they said they would.

I try not to go around blaming someone else when I do something wrong, and in this case, I don't believe NC State did everything they could do to try and prevent this outbreak from happening. Trust me, if I'd been hearing NC State was doing things they should have to limit a potential outbreak, I wouldn't be as vocal about it.

Of course, I also wouldn't be mad at the NCAA or Vandy, to me it would just be unfortunate. Really it kind of is anyways, but the optics of how State handled the last 10 days is troubling.
Are you simply not capable of just accepting that we disagree? I know all the same information you know. I disagree with you. Please move on.
James Henderson
Staff
jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

James Henderson said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Steve Videtich said:

"8 players and rising...." Have we had other players test positive since returning? Last I read we had not had any more positives. Basically the NCAA said a negative test was worth nothing and "contract tracing" effectively eliminated us. However, have we had any more positives?
No clue who all is still being tested given State's eliminated and players can go home.

Here is how I read the timeline.
Player A tests positive during the team testing on Tuesday. His roomate, Player B, tests negative at that testing but is quarantined.
Wednesday, Player B is tested and tests negative.
Thursday, Player B is tested and tests negative along with the rest of the team. Remember, at this point, the rest of th team/staff is still around each other.
Friday AM, Player B finally tests positive. That's 3 days after being away from Player A and while having posted 3 negative tests. Also, two other players/staff show up with symptoms and test positive.

Now you're sitting here Friday around 11/12 and NC State has 4 positives, including two new positives from players/staff who weren't quarantined. Who were they around the last 2-3 days? Don't think you think this is where time/contact tracing comes into effect?

Also, the Player B scenario is exactly why you don't just "play the players with a negative test". It took him 4 days to test positive. Four. Health officials know that. They know the other State players need to continue being tested.

This is why for me, it's all pretty cut and dry. We ended up with 8 positives including six on Friday along. No, I don't think anyone is expecting NC State to play on Saturday, and the NCAA isn't going to pause the CWS so we can get our **** together.
James Henderson
Staff
wilmwolf80 said:

James Henderson said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Are you simply not capable of just accepting that we disagree? I know all the same information you know. I disagree with you. Please move on.
Which is why I asked what interpretation of the events are you claiming I'm wrong about.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.