2019 Commit Flips To Campbell

15,733 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JCooke93
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
metcalfmafia said:

CLTWolf said:

Wlfpk81 said:

CLTWolf said:

Wlfpk81 said:

whats going to be funny is when we hire Haire to replace avent.

He'd be on the list but way down the list.
is it too soon to do a mock big board?

Well, yeah...
You want some names tho!?? Lol

Erik Bakich Michigan. Yow hired him at UMd. Has Michigan in the Supers this year. Went to ECU.
Alex Sogard Wright State (former State player). Would need a couple years to prove himself more. He'll be good.
Scott Forbes asst at unc (will be taking over for Fox)
Kevin McMullan asst HC UVa
Kirk Saarloos asst TCU (probably a west coast guy)
Justin Haire (on down the list)
Jim Foster Army (Boo hired him)
Shawn Stiffler VCU
Link Jarrett uncg
Chris Hart

We're not buying a coach from the SEC or another ACC guy like Pollard from Duke. Bakich makes more than Avent now at Michigan but at some point I feel like he'll want to be at a place that will support him...oh, wait.
Took over an established program at Wright State, so I don't know how much stock to put into his first year there.

Seems like a heck of an up and comer though with connection to the program.

I want to say the last 3 coaches from Wright State ended up at Penn State, UCF and Indiana.
89_Grad
metcalfmafia said:

CLTWolf said:

Wlfpk81 said:

CLTWolf said:

Wlfpk81 said:

Well, yeah...

Erik Bakich Michigan. Yow hired him at UMd. Has Michigan in the Supers this year. Went to ECU.
Alex Sogard Wright State (former State player). Would need a couple years to prove himself more. He'll be good.
Shawn Stiffler VCU
Link Jarrett uncg
Chris Hart

We're not buying a coach from the SEC or another ACC guy like Pollard from Duke. Bakich makes more than Avent now at Michigan but at some point I feel like he'll want to be at a place that will support him...oh, wait.
Took over an established program at Wright State, so I don't know how much stock to put into his first year there.

Remind me where Duke got Pollard. That was a homerun hire for sure, and puts the lie to this contention that it's hopeless if you have bad facilities.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
CLTWolf
Got him from App where he was extremely underwhelming and had one decent year. Was kinda like the Avent hire here all those years ago.

How many ACC championships does Pollard and Duke have again since he's been there?
wilmwolf
And while Duke's own field is crappy, they play most of their games in a freaking minor league ball park. That's a pretty decent draw.
BigLefty24
When we ever do decide to make a change at the top, this guy should be the first call they make. From Greenville, pitched at UNC. He and I became pretty good friends when he was pitching coach at ECU. I roomed with three baseball players and we often went to his house and played golf together.

The ECU squads when he was there in the early/mid 90's were some of the best teams in the nation.

He left there and went to be pitching coach at UNC where they consistently had one of the best staffs in the nation under him, and their program

Left there and went to Georgia for one year, and they went to the College World Series.

Now an Associate head coach and pitching coach at Louisville. Louisville has been one of the best programs around and his pitching staffs are again unreal. Four College World Series appearances in his 13 years there.

Greenville dude with lots of ties to this area. Has won big everywhere he's been, and he's been groomed at some of the biggest/best programs in the nation. He's also a super cool dude. Read the bio below..

https://gocards.com/coaches.aspx?rc=53
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

CLTWolf
BigLefty24 said:

When we ever do decide to make a change at the top, this guy should be the first call they make. From Greenville, pitched at UNC. He and I became pretty good friends when he was pitching coach at ECU. I roomed with three baseball players and we often went to his house and played golf together.

The ECU squads when he was there in the early/mid 90's were some of the best teams in the nation.

He left there and went to be pitching coach at UNC where they consistently had one of the best staffs in the nation under him, and their program

Left there and went to Georgia for one year, and they went to the College World Series.

Now an Associate head coach and pitching coach at Louisville. Louisville has been one of the best programs around and his pitching staffs are again unreal. Four College World Series appearances in his 13 years there.

Greenville dude with lots of ties to this area. Has won big everywhere he's been, and he's been groomed at some of the biggest/best programs in the nation. He's also a super cool dude. Read the bio below..

Forgot to add him too. I got to know him a little bit when he was at unc with Mike Roberts while I working their summer camps. Great guy.
89_Grad
CLTWolf said:

BigLefty24 said:

Forgot to add him too. I got to know him a little bit when he was at unc with Mike Roberts while I working their summer camps. Great guy.
Uh, Buzz Peterson alert....he's a UNC alum...
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
JCooke93
Wlfpk81 said:

um no
JCooke93
metcalfmafia said:

CLTWolf said:

Wlfpk81 said:

CLTWolf said:

Wlfpk81 said:

Well, yeah...

Shawn Stiffler VCU
Link Jarrett uncg
Chris Hart

no thanks on Sogard
JCooke93
CLTWolf said:

Got him from App where he was extremely underwhelming and had one decent year. Was kinda like the Avent hire here all those years ago.

How many ACC championships does Pollard and Duke have again since he's been there?

Back to back Super Regionals
JCooke93
BigLefty24 said:

That Would be a very good hire
metcalfmafia
JCooke93 said:

metcalfmafia said:

CLTWolf said:

Wlfpk81 said:

CLTWolf said:

Wlfpk81 said:

Well, yeah...

Shawn Stiffler VCU
Link Jarrett uncg
Chris Hart

no thanks on Sogard
Ok, who you got?
James Henderson
Staff
CLTWolf said:

How long has Pollard had at Duke?
CLTWolf
James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

Shouldn't he have a championship by now? Two super regional teams and no hardware.
JCooke93
metcalfmafia said:

JCooke93 said:

metcalfmafia said:

CLTWolf said:

Wlfpk81 said:

CLTWolf said:

Wlfpk81 said:

Well, yeah...

Shawn Stiffler VCU
Link Jarrett uncg
Chris Hart

no thanks on Sogard
Ok, who you got?
Coach Hart
J.Foster
Coach Jarrett
Coach Forbes
The TCU Coaches
The Vanderbilt Pitching Coach
Coach Jordan at Duke
And Coach Pollard At Duke
CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

metcalfmafia said:

JCooke93 said:

metcalfmafia said:

CLTWolf said:

Wlfpk81 said:

CLTWolf said:

Wlfpk81 said:

Well, yeah...

Shawn Stiffler VCU
Link Jarrett uncg
Chris Hart

no thanks on Sogard
Ok, who you got?
Coach Hart
J.Foster
Coach Jarrett
Coach Forbes
The TCU Coaches
The Vanderbilt Pitching Coach
Coach Jordan at Duke
And Coach Pollard At Duke

Nice list.
Pollard won't leave Duke for us. I bet he's paid handsomely there.
Josh Jordan is a great dude. He'd recruit N.C. very well.
Forbes is taking over for Fox when he retires. He's my guy tho. I played Legion ball with him. Beast recruiter.
TCU HC Schlossnagle makes over a million bucks a year. Ain't happening here. I love Saarloos but he's probably taking a West Coast job.
metcalfmafia
Coach Hart - I could get with this.
J.Foster - Hasn't really proven much at Army?
Coach Jarrett - I could get with this.
Coach Forbes - Heck of a coach, but we would never hire someone from UNC.
The TCU Coaches - Maybe if you can convince them to come here.
The Vanderbilt Pitching Coach - See above... ^
Coach Jordan at Duke - Why would we want him? Why would he leave for comparable situation?
And Coach Pollard At Duke Why would we want him? Why would he leave for a comparable situation?

Ripper
Scott Jackson (Liberty)?
CLTWolf
Ripper said:

Scott Jackson (Liberty)?

Speaking of Liberty, I forgot to add Jim Toman. He had a rough first year at Middle Tenn State but he's a good coach.
James Henderson
Staff
CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

Shouldn't he have a championship by now? Two super regional teams and no hardware.
23 years? Yep. I don't think he's anywhere close to 23 years though and I at least have hope given he did win 1 at App pre-Duke.
ScoobyWolf
CLTWolf said:

Ripper said:

Scott Jackson (Liberty)?

Speaking of Liberty, I forgot to add Jim Toman. He had a rough first year at Middle Tenn State but he's a good coach.
what was the deal with Toman leaving Liberty? was he asked to leave?
CLTWolf
James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

23 years? Yep. I don't think he's anywhere close to 23 years though and I at least have hope given he did win 1 at App pre-Duke.

7 years and hasn't even sniffed a champ game never mind a championship. Hell, since he won one at App I figure he'd knock that out easily at duke in 7 years. With 2 Supers under his belt he better start winning those championships and maybe get that ACC record over .500 while he's at it.
metcalfmafia
CLT and James going back and forth:

CLTWolf
ScoobyWolf said:

CLTWolf said:

Ripper said:

Scott Jackson (Liberty)?

what was the deal with Toman leaving Liberty? was he asked to leave?

Good question. I think it was a mutual thing but it's Liberty so, who knows. Says he stepped down to pursue other opportunities.
wilmwolf
Yeah, I mean, I think he's a good coach and all, and he's done things at Duke they haven't done in a long time, but he hasn't even won his division yet.
James Henderson
Staff
CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

7 years and hasn't even sniffed a champ game never mind a championship. Hell, since he won one at App I figure he'd knock that out easily at duke in 7 years. With 2 Supers under his belt he better start winning those championships and maybe get that ACC record over .500 while he's at it.
He has 2 Supers in 7 years. What do we have, 4 in 23 years? He's on pace!

Really though, I just hate trying to compare a coach who has been somewhere seven years to one who has been at a place 23 years.

I'd hope the latter would have more accomplishments.
James Henderson
Staff
wilmwolf80 said:

Yeah, I mean, I think he's a good coach and all, and he's done things at Duke they haven't done in a long time, but he hasn't even won his division yet.
State hasn't either.
CLTWolf
James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

He has 2 Supers in 7 years. What do we have, 4 in 23 years? He's on pace!

Really though, I just hate trying to compare a coach who has been somewhere seven years to one who has been at a place 23 years.

I'd hope the latter would have more accomplishments.

Only person comparing Pollard to Avent was another poster pumping up Pollard and all his "accomplishments" so far at duke.
Avent took over a New Mexico State program that was a complete dumpster fire of a program. Two years before Avent they had two different coaches and for them 30 wins was a huge accomplishment as an independent. He won 40 games in his 2nd year. They finally joined a conference and his job got harder being in the Big West. Anyways. Both are good coaches.
Ripper
CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

He only has 16 years to go to catch Avent.
CLTWolf
Ripper said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

He's well on his way.
JCooke93
Ripper said:

Scott Jackson (Liberty)?
I would Love for him to be Our Next HC
Ripper
CLTWolf said:

Ripper said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

He's well on his way.
Before he showed up, their last NCAA appearance was 1961. Maybe they'll keep him another 25 years without a title.
CLTWolf
Ripper said:

CLTWolf said:

Ripper said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

He's well on his way.
Before he showed up, their last NCAA appearance was 1961. Maybe they'll keep him another 25 years without a title.

Amazing what happens when you actually spend a little money on something.

And thank goodness this guy isn't tryin to get his players to use steroids. Lol.
pack4life11
BigLefty24 said:

Exactly! This is who I suggested to CLT a couple weeks back. He'd be my first call and I'd make him tell me no.
CLTWolf
pack4life11 said:

BigLefty24 said:

Exactly! This is who I suggested to CLT a couple weeks back. He'd be my first call and I'd make him tell me no.

Yep. He's an awesome dude. Most won't be able to get over the unc ties I bet.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.