2019 Commit Flips To Campbell

15,651 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JCooke93
BigLefty24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CLTWolf said:

pack4life11 said:

BigLefty24 said:

When we ever do decide to make a change at the top, this guy should be the first call they make. From Greenville, pitched at UNC. He and I became pretty good friends when he was pitching coach at ECU. I roomed with three baseball players and we often went to his house and played golf together.

The ECU squads when he was there in the early/mid 90's were some of the best teams in the nation.

He left there and went to be pitching coach at UNC where they consistently had one of the best staffs in the nation under him, and their program

Left there and went to Georgia for one year, and they went to the College World Series.

Now an Associate head coach and pitching coach at Louisville. Louisville has been one of the best programs around and his pitching staffs are again unreal. Four College World Series appearances in his 13 years there.

Greenville dude with lots of ties to this area. Has won big everywhere he's been, and he's been groomed at some of the biggest/best programs in the nation. He's also a super cool dude. Read the bio below..

https://gocards.com/coaches.aspx?rc=53

Exactly! This is who I suggested to CLT a couple weeks back. He'd be my first call and I'd make him tell me no.

Yep. He's an awesome dude. Most won't be able to get over the unc ties I bet.

Well, if it's any consolation to them, he's much more of a eastern NC country boy type than he is an argyle wearing weirdo.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

metcalfmafia
BigLefty24 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack4life11 said:

BigLefty24 said:

When we ever do decide to make a change at the top, this guy should be the first call they make. From Greenville, pitched at UNC. He and I became pretty good friends when he was pitching coach at ECU. I roomed with three baseball players and we often went to his house and played golf together.

The ECU squads when he was there in the early/mid 90's were some of the best teams in the nation.

He left there and went to be pitching coach at UNC where they consistently had one of the best staffs in the nation under him, and their program

Left there and went to Georgia for one year, and they went to the College World Series.

Now an Associate head coach and pitching coach at Louisville. Louisville has been one of the best programs around and his pitching staffs are again unreal. Four College World Series appearances in his 13 years there.

Greenville dude with lots of ties to this area. Has won big everywhere he's been, and he's been groomed at some of the biggest/best programs in the nation. He's also a super cool dude. Read the bio below..

https://gocards.com/coaches.aspx?rc=53

Exactly! This is who I suggested to CLT a couple weeks back. He'd be my first call and I'd make him tell me no.

Yep. He's an awesome dude. Most won't be able to get over the unc ties I bet.

Well, if it's any consolation to them, he's much more of a eastern NC country boy type than he is an argyle wearing weirdo.

Even comes equipped with the sunglasses tan.
89_Grad
Ripper said:

CLTWolf said:

Ripper said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

Got him from App where he was extremely underwhelming and had one decent year. Was kinda like the Avent hire here all those years ago.

How many ACC championships does Pollard and Duke have again since he's been there?

How long has Pollard had at Duke?

Shouldn't he have a championship by now? Two super regional teams and no hardware.
23 years? Yep. I don't think he's anywhere close to 23 years though and I at least have hope given he did win 1 at App pre-Duke.

7 years and hasn't even sniffed a champ game never mind a championship. Hell, since he won one at App I figure he'd knock that out easily at duke in 7 years. With 2 Supers under his belt he better start winning those championships and maybe get that ACC record over .500 while he's at it.

He only has 16 years to go to catch Avent.

He's well on his way.
Before he showed up, their last NCAA appearance was 1961. Maybe they'll keep him another 25 years without a title.
Avent on the other hand, took over an NC State program that had just won an ACC championship, and not a losing tradition like Pollard faced at Duke. I'd take Pollard over Avent any day, and twice on Sunday. And I believe most of the season ticket holders sitting around me this season would agree.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
CLTWolf
89_Grad said:

Ripper said:

CLTWolf said:

Ripper said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

Got him from App where he was extremely underwhelming and had one decent year. Was kinda like the Avent hire here all those years ago.

How many ACC championships does Pollard and Duke have again since he's been there?

How long has Pollard had at Duke?

Shouldn't he have a championship by now? Two super regional teams and no hardware.
23 years? Yep. I don't think he's anywhere close to 23 years though and I at least have hope given he did win 1 at App pre-Duke.

7 years and hasn't even sniffed a champ game never mind a championship. Hell, since he won one at App I figure he'd knock that out easily at duke in 7 years. With 2 Supers under his belt he better start winning those championships and maybe get that ACC record over .500 while he's at it.

He only has 16 years to go to catch Avent.

He's well on his way.
Before he showed up, their last NCAA appearance was 1961. Maybe they'll keep him another 25 years without a title.
Avent on the other hand, took over an NC State program that had just won an ACC championship, and not a losing tradition like Pollard faced at Duke. I'd take Pollard over Avent any day, and twice on Sunday. And I believe most of the season ticket holders sitting around me this season would agree.

Still hasn't won anything, has he? Pollard still has work to do to get over .500 in the ACC.
BigLefty24
You need to request a seating change then.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

metcalfmafia
Pollards Dukies were no hit tonight. Talk about demoralizing heading into game 3.
CLTWolf
metcalfmafia said:

Pollards Dukies were no hit tonight. Talk about demoralizing heading into game 3.

Oh damn. I fell asleep in like the 7th inning or so, didn't think the no no would stand. Going from putting up an 18 spot to not even a hit has to hurt. Ha
JCooke93
metcalfmafia said:

Boooo!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.