Softball Recruiting

19,122 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wolfer79
ScoobyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ScoobyWolf
ScoobyWolf said:

Just noticed on Go Pack roster that (3) names are no longer on there:

(So) Lily Bishop
(So) Timberlyn Shurbutt
(Fr) Dakota Christie

I read that Christie will be transferring (don't know where). She beat Ian Steere...didn't even play a regular season game for us before transferring.

Haven't seen anything on Shurbutt
Wolfer79
ScoobyWolf
Wolfer79 said:

Beat me to it!

The roster looks full of infielders...I guess some of these girls can play outfield.

I like the way our staff has added some good experience to the roster. USC Upstate usually has a pretty good softball program
ScoobyWolf
Wolfer79
ScoobyWolf
Dakota Christie is transferring to App State. I don't quite understand this unless she felt she was being recruited over. Stays one semester and plays fall ball with the Pack but then leaves. Good luck to her.

Wolfer79
ScoobyWolf
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
ScoobyWolf
PackFansXL
I'm a little concerned with all the turnover we've had in this recruiting class. I know coaching changes are probably the cause of some of this or even most of this, but still, having kids commit and then leave before they ever play their first game seems strange.
ScoobyWolf
Wolfer79
fhstatefan43
PackFansXL said:

I'm a little concerned with all the turnover we've had in this recruiting class. I know coaching changes are probably the cause of some of this or even most of this, but still, having kids commit and then leave before they ever play their first game seems strange.
Probably a situation where the new coach brought a new culture and new strategy. So it looks like the team is being quickly overhauled.
ScoobyWolf
Central Dauphin's Sam Gress had herself a day, depositing three home runs and lacing a double Tuesday during the Rams' 12-1 road win over Carlisle. The North Carolina State commit finished with four runs and five RBIs at the plate, striking out 11 in five innings in the circle. Ashley Glenn (1-for-3) drove in Carlisle's only run.

Central Dauphin's Sam Gress cracks three HRs in win over Carlisle
ScoobyWolf
Martin, who will be attending Mount St. Mary's next year for softball, was joined in having a big day, by fellow Division I commit Libby Whittaker who will attend NC State to play softball next year. Whittaker was 2-2 from the plate with a rocketed double in the first inning and a home run ball launched over the right field wall in the third inning.

Wildcats fall in no-hitter to Mifflinburg, 10-0
ScoobyWolf
ScoobyWolf

dj5377
Has to sit next year, and then have one year to play in 2021. Sounds like she has been a dominant pitcher at both of her stops. Hopefully she can do the same at the ACC level. Sets up for a very strong run in year three of the Swift era.
ScoobyWolf
this isn't a recruiting post but I noticed (3) names missing from the latest GoPack roster

Kama Woodall
Chandley Garner
Kelli Wagner
ScoobyWolf

ScoobyWolf

ScoobyWolf
Gress, an NC State recruit, pitched the Rams (25-2) to victory by allowing one run on four hits with two walks and 11 strikeouts in seven innings. White, a Bloomsburg signee, went 2-for-3 with a double, two RBIs and a run scored.

"To end our senior year like that is kind of crazy for both of us," White said. "It's pretty great to end on a high note."

"It's just really special that I got to do it with those girls because they mean the world to me and I wouldn't have wanted to go out with a better group," echoed Gress.

Central Dauphin softball coach Ken Williams, seniors Samantha Gress and Tyler White go out as PIAA champions

ScoobyWolf
Looking back on a standout prep career, Brianna Nykaza piled up plenty of hits, RBI and runs at the plate and wins in the circle in a record-setting career at Whitney Young.

But for the Beverly resident, one thing stood out above all the rest, and it had nothing to do with personal accolades. It was all about the team.

Nykaza and the Dolphins reclaimed the city title and also won a Class 4A sectional title this spring, the first in program history.

Nykaza preps for busy summer before college

ScoobyWolf
ScoobyWolf said:

this isn't a recruiting post but I noticed (3) names missing from the latest GoPack roster

Kama Woodall
Chandley Garner
Kelli Wagner
For anyone interested, Woodall and Garner have transferred to ezu
ScoobyWolf
Looks like we might be getting a transer from UNC-W
ScoobyWolf

ScoobyWolf

ScoobyWolf

Pitcher who was formerly committed to Boston College
ScoobyWolf
ScoobyWolf

ScoobyWolf

ScoobyWolf
Franklin's Taylor Ensley commits to Division I program

Ensley, the Mountain Six Conference player of the year, led the No. 2 state ranked Panthers in almost every batting statistical category as a sophomore. She batted .500 with 30 RBI, 12 doubles, two triples and five home runs. She played first, shortstop and third base this season for Franklin, which fell a game short of returning to the 2A state championship series.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.