Women's basketball recruiting

32,044 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Lobohowl
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lobohowl
Recruiting season is heating up! 6 scholarships available.
Some impressive names giving the Pack a look. If we can even get a couple of these 5 stars, I'll be ecstatic. Seems guard positions are the emphasis this cycle.

Majority of this list from ESPN Hoopgurlz

5 star forward Jordyn Merritt
5 star point Alasia Hayes
5 star off guard Anaya Boyd
5 star point Lauren Ware
5 star wing Treasure Hunt
5 star guard Elauna Eaton
4 star point guard Genesis Bryant
3 star guard Elizabeth Martino
89_Grad
Lobohowl said:

Recruiting season is heating up! 6 scholarships available.
Some impressive names giving the Pack a look. If we can even get a couple of these 5 stars, I'll be ecstatic. Seems guard positions are the emphasis this cycle.

Majority of this list from ESPN Hoopgurlz

5 star forward Jordyn Merritt
5 star point Alasia Hayes
5 star off guard Anaya Boyd
5 star point Lauren Ware
5 star wing Treasure Hunt
5 star guard Elauna Eaton
4 star point guard Genesis Bryant
3 star guard Elizabeth Martino

Lobo, we have any "special connections" with any of these? (and no, I'm not talking about those Dennis Smith type special connections, not that that goes on in womens hoops...)

Also, looking back through this thread, it looks like with Peebles that we simply recruited over her as players with more speed, size, or both became available. This is why you don't offer 13 year olds...wonder if Danny is pissed? I guess I would be too if my daughter was recruited over, even though as a fan I'm glad Wes is starting to bring in some elite recruits.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
mddocisa

I'm curious that you believe that Jada was recruited over as the last two classes do not have any scoring guards which is her position. She played AAU with Kendal Moore and the pair would have made State a very potent team when they are both on the floor since they know each other's game so well. With that said, Jada would probably not see much playing time next year with Ace ahead of her. I believe somehow the Peebles soured on NC State because Danny's son also transferred from State. When things clear up in a year or two, I would not be surprised to see jada transfer to State.
89_Grad
mddocisa said:

I'm curious that you believe that Jada was recruited over as the last two classes do not have any scoring guards which is her position. She played AAU with Kendal Moore and the pair would have made State a very potent team when they are both on the floor since they know each other's game so well. With that said, Jada would probably not see much playing time next year with Ace ahead of her. I believe somehow the Peebles soured on NC State because Danny's son also transferred from State. When things clear up in a year or two, I would not be surprised to see jada transfer to State.
Weren't Grace Hunter and Lucky Rudd also scoring guards? Can't remember if Lucky's transfer came before or after Peeble's decommitment.
Lobohowl
Lucky Rudd's decision to leave came first, from what I understand. No one I have talked to seems to know what factors really went into Peeble's decision. I agree that 13 is just too young to pledge to any school. Who actually knows what they want to do four years before even graduating high school?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Lobohowl
Anaya Boyd (5*) & Genesis Bryant (4*) took official visits over the past weekend. Bryant is a PG and Boyd is a penetrate first 2 guard. I believe they play HS ball together? If we could land this pair, our back court would be in great shape for years to come.
Lobohowl
Lauren Ware has apparently eliminated us from consideration.
Lobohowl
Genesis Bryant has verbally committed to NC State. 4* point guard from Georgia.
Thunderhill
Lobohowl said:

Genesis Bryant has verbally committed to NC State. 4* point guard from Georgia.
The beginning of something great....
Run4Fun
This is a great commitment and now we just need to land Boyd too. Wes is doing a great job.
Wolfer79
Lobohowl
Big time visitors continue to roll on to campus! Diamond Johnson, a dynamic five star point guard was here this past weekend. This coming weekend, it's reported that Elauna Eaton, who is supposedly the top player on State's wish list, will be visiting. She is a five star shooting guard. I expect at least 3 guards in this signing class. Wes will often play a guard heavy lineup in his system. So, if they are good, there is room on the court for 3 at once.
Lobohowl
Couple of recruiting updates for those who may have missed it earlier in the thread: jordyn Merritt has committed to the Florida Gators. Treasure Hunt released her top five and the Pack didn't make her list. Besides Genesis Bryant committing, everyone else on the earlier list appears to still in play.
Struttingwolf96
See where the State women are picked to finish 2nd in the ACC in some pills. Very impressive & some pressure on Moore & the team to back it up.
Struttingwolf96
*polls
Lobohowl
We have the horses to really do something this year. Best blend of experience, depth and talent in recent memory. Not to put any pressure on them, but I would hope they at least contend to bring home some hardware at the end of this season.
Lobohowl
Madison Hayes pledges to Mississippi State.
Wolfer79
89_Grad
Lobohowl said:

We have the horses to really do something this year. Best blend of experience, depth and talent in recent memory. Not to put any pressure on them, but I would hope they at least contend to bring home some hardware at the end of this season.
the key will be avoiding the rash of injuries that really kept us from having a truly special season last year...interesting thing to me about the preseason polls is that ND, which has lost only a handful of times since joining the ACC (including one to us two years ago) is consensus pick to NOT finish in the top 3...heavy graduation losses? I mean, their incoming recruiting class is small, but super talented.
Lobohowl
Notre Dame lost all 5 starters and 95% of their scoring from last season. They'll be competitive because their bench has tons of talent, just unproven. Top of the conference is probably unrealistic this season.
Wolfer79
Lobohowl
Dontavia Waggoner is a big get. She is a six foot guard who is freakishly athletic. Her shot is still develping, but she is ahead of the game in pretty much every other area. When the shot comes... look out! ESPN has her as a four star at #94 in the class. However, Prospect Nation has her much higher at #28 and considers her an elite prospect.
Lobohowl
Commitment (now signee) #3 is Rebecca Demeke from Toronto, Canada. She is a SG with range. I'm thinking she may have a similar role to our current Senior Canadian, Ace Koning. But a little more athletic. She played on some national teams but didn't seem to contribute a lot. 8th ranked player in Canada. #2 shooting guard.

Still 2 scholarships available. We are still in play for Diamond Johnson, an elite guard, though I'm not optimistic of our chances.
Run4Fun
Diamond Johnson choose Rutgers. So we have 3 signed. I was shocked today to see we got our 3rd from Canada. The women's board is always so quiet and we have no updates, no information so when the news its major. Glad we got our 3rd recruit today. I wonder does Wes have any more hidden up his sleeve?
Lobohowl
Run4fun, thanks for the update. I hadn't seen that about Diamond Johnson. If we are done, it's not a bad class. Not really a great class. But solid.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
ScoobyWolf
I wonder if we are recruiting Ace's little sister?

Jackson sophomore makes area girls basketball history

Mack Konig's 47-point outing ranks among the best in the history of current Wesco schools.
Wolfer79
Lobohowl
Been quite a while since there has been any real recruiting updates on this board. Off to a good start yesterday with the pledge from 5 star guard Jessica Timmons. She can play either guard spot, but I'd project her more as a 2 guard. Plays at the same high school that gave us Andrea Stinson. Who. In my opinion, was the greatest female player in NC State history. I'd say it was extremely important to get a top in state commitment since 2 of the top 5 in NC were already off the board to SC and UNC.
braz213
Who is off the board that went to UNX?
89_Grad
Lobohowl said:

Been quite a while since there has been any real recruiting updates on this board. Off to a good start yesterday with the pledge from 5 star guard Jessica Timmons. She can play either guard spot, but I'd project her more as a 2 guard. Plays at the same high school that gave us Andrea Stinson. Who. In my opinion, was the greatest female player in NC State history. I'd say it was extremely important to get a top in state commitment since 2 of the top 5 in NC were already off the board to SC and UNC.
Lobo, were offers to both Timmons and Rivers commit-able, or does taking Timmons mean that staff doesn't think we will land Rivers?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.