Women's basketball recruiting

32,061 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Lobohowl
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NatePait94
Wolfer79 said:

52 out 57 points scored? Jesus Christ
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
ScoobyWolf

ScoobyWolf

Wolfer79
Lobohowl
Camille Hobby wins Florida Ms. Basketball award. State's incoming class is STACKED!!!!
Wolfer79
Struttingwolf96
The Lady Pack should be REALLY good next year. They are gonna lose 2 really good & important players in Leslie & Rogers, but will return quit a few talented players. Moore, will have Kunig, Cunane, & Crutchfield back after moving into the lineup due to the injuries. The will also have back from their injuries Cassell, Hunter, & Daley, all starters at one point for the Pack. Hunter was leading the team in scoring. Also, coming back will be Jones, McGoldrick, Wadsworth, & Rice. Finally, the team will round out with 4 Freshmen, Brown-Turner(McDAA), Boyd, Hobby, & Moore. After 2 straight Sweet 16's & recruiting very well the Lady Pack & Moore look like the may becoming a power house ACC program & hopefully nationally.
Lobohowl
With what is going on at UNC with their Women's basketball program, you have to wonder about the impact on their current commitments? They already have two top twenty five guards pledged to sign this fall. I can't speak for these kids but, if it was me, I would think twice before signing with a program in the position it is in right now....
Struttingwolf96
Maybe they will get out of there LOI & Coach Moore could check & see if maybe one of them want to come to State, think there is one scholarship open.
Lobohowl
These UNC girls I am referencing are just verbals, as they are part of the next recruiting cycle. I haven't even thought about their incoming class this Fall. Wouldn't surprise me if something happened there though.

Assuming no one unexpectedly leaves and also that Wadsworth remains on scholarship next year (and I couldn't imagine that not being the case) that does leave one scholarship in hand. For the 2020 class, the staff will likely have at least 6 spots available. So this is going to be a crucial Summer. I hope we can lock down Coach Moore to a long term contract soon!

All that being said, I wouldn't mind these 2020 UNC pledges giving us a look.
Wolfer79
Run4Fun
Our team will be loaded next year. Some real great incoming freshman will help lead this team. I can't wait to see who starts. But more importantly, hoping for NO injuries like this year. Good luck to the ladies in their offseason training in getting bigger and stronger and developing their game. Go Lady Wolfpack!!
Wolfer79
Struttingwolf96
I know 2021 is a few years away, but does anybody know if the Lady Pack are recruiting G Saniya Rivers out of Wilmington,NC? She is a top 10 nationally ranked recruit & the #1 rated female in NC for 2021. I know with everything going on at unc & with duke being down now, plus with it looking like Coach Moore is gonna stay in Raleigh for a while (yay!) they could really get in good early with her. Have got to try & keep her in the state.
wickedmojo
State is definitely recruiting Saniya. She's the younger sister of former Wolfpacker, Nana Rivers. Nana played for Kay Yow in the early-mid 2000's. Avie Lester has a daughter who's one of the top post players in the freshman class that we're also recruiting.
Struttingwolf96
Ok, good to hear. Thanks.
Lobohowl
Check out this nice story about incoming freshman Camille Hobby. Sounds like we are getting a hard working, driven young lady to bolster our front court.

89_Grad
With Hatchell forced into retirement at UNC, Wes has a real opening to dominate the sport in this State for some time to come. His challenge next year will be to keep all the pieces happy with playing time. Particularly worried about Kai Crutchfield, who played way more than expected due to the rash of injuries, but will be asked to step back a little in minutes next year. Don't want any more transfers like Lucky Rudd.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
89_Grad
Wolfer79 said:

she is going to get those shots swatted right back at her by athletic guards if she doesn't get rid of that one second hitch between catching and getting the shot off. The great shooters are pure catch and shoot in one motion.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.