2024 NC State wrestling (16-2, 5-0)

28,211 Views | 370 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Cthepack
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Slavedog
This guy…arrogant *****

GuerrillaPack
Slavedog said:

This guy…arrogant *****

video on right..."You want to [go to unc] because our beautiful blue is more attractive to the eye"

LMFAOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

These people are truly delusional. Wrestlers should choose to go to unc because of the school color? It's like that popular unc-CHeat saying "God must be a Tarheel fan because the sky is Carolina blue".

Well excuse me delusional Turd Hole fan, but are you saying that the university of north carolina at chapel hill existed BEFORE God created the sky? Like God looked down on unc chapel hill and thought, "Wow, these cheaters in chapel hill are so great and cheat so well that I've become such a unc fan that I think I will make the sky light blue in honor of them!". Or, wait...are unc fans saying that God in his foresight knew that one day around 6,000 years after creation that unc chapel hill would choose light blue as their school color, and so he made the sky light blue for that reason!

INCREDIBLE levels of arrogance and self-induced delusion. They drink all the kool aid that the university pumps out about how they are "super duper greater they are than everyone else" and it really gets to them. They actually believe it. They also refer to Chapel Hill as "the southern part of heaven", by the way. My dad was a unc grad, so I got to learn all of this stuff.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
Brian Reinhardt with a good response. These comments from the unc coach are clearly a positive for us, as it only fires up our fanbase to turn out this Friday night in greater numbers and louder.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
AustinWolf828
I mean UNC is going to be favored in 2 matches and those aren't heavy favorites. The 1 wrestler they have in the top 15 lost to Ryan Jack twice last year and is 1 of the 2 matches that UNC will be favored. It wouldn't surprise me if UNC crawls out of Reynolds with a goose egg and this guy is talking this much crap? I will be there grinning from year to year each time our guys' hand gets raised.
Nairo
Being an insufferable **** is a prerequisite to employment and/or admission at that university
GuerrillaPack
Also, the comments in the video on the right, claiming that "most of the people going to NC State wrestling matches aren't NC State almuni or Wolfpack fans" is more projection from unc. The reality is that unc is the king of "Walmart fans" who have never set foot in chapel hill, and has orders of magnitude more fans of this sort than NC State. So when this coach pulls the "Walmart fan" card, he's just speaking of what he knows is the reality at unc with their hoards of Walmart fans.

What is also obvious is that NC State much more REAL fans and a far more passionate and dedicated fanbase overall. Look at the number of Instagram followers for most of the athletic programs at each school, and unc apparently has "more" fans -- with the number of "followers" being inflated at unc, I suspect, through a lot of "bot farm" fake followers (which is indicated when you see that the interaction, likes and comments, on the posts are about the same for each school). However, when you look at the type of fans that are dedicated enough to actually travel to and show up to games, NC State has much more of these fans.

Look at the attendance at football games for the past 10-15 years, or women's basketball and volleyball over the past several years, for example. These are programs at each school with similar levels of success, and yet NC State has significantly more fans actually showing up to home games in these sports. And then you look at wrestling, in particular, and of course NC State is blowing unc out of the water. And even if you look at sports where unc is way more successful, you see that for example the Wolfpack women's soccer team just had record high home attendance with huge crowds this past season, and during a season where the team did not perform that well...and probably pulled in home attendance numbers almost as high as unc.
SportManagementEngineer
GuerrillaPack said:

Also, the comments in the video on the right, claiming that "most of the people going to NC State wrestling matches aren't NC State almuni or Wolfpack fans" is more projection from unc. The reality is that unc is the king of "Walmart fans" who have never set foot in chapel hill, and has orders of magnitude more fans of this sort than NC State. So when this coach pulls the "Walmart fan" card, he's just speaking of what he knows is the reality at unc with their hoards of Walmart fans.

What is also obvious is that NC State much more REAL fans and a far more passionate and dedicated fanbase overall. Look at the number of Instagram followers for most of the athletic programs at each school, and unc apparently has "more" fans -- with the number of "followers" being inflated at unc, I suspect, through a lot of "bot farm" fake followers (which is indicated when you see that the interaction, likes and comments, on the posts are about the same for each school). However, when you look at the type of fans that are dedicated enough to actually travel to and show up to games, NC State has much more of these fans.

Look at the attendance at football games for the past 10-15 years, or women's basketball and volleyball over the past several years, for example. These are programs at each school with similar levels of success, and yet NC State has significantly more fans actually showing up to home games in these sports. And then you look at wrestling, in particular, and of course NC State is blowing unc out of the water. And even if you look at sports where unc is way more successful (such as soccer), you see that for example women's soccer just had record high attendance with huge crowds this pas season, and during a season where the team did not perform that well.
The funniest part of that quote is that he's admitting that State has been so good under Pop that non-State fans want to root for us.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
eccdogg
The other funny thing about the "natural order of things" comment is that even though Pop has elevated us to another level we were better than UNC under Guzzo too. The natural order of things is for NC State to kick UNC's ass in Wrestling. Can't wait to be in Reynolds this Friday.
SportManagementEngineer
eccdogg said:

The other funny thing about the "natural order of things" comment is that even though Pop has elevated us to another level we were better than UNC under Guzzo too. The natural order of things is for NC State to kick UNC's ass in Wrestling. Can't wait to be in Reynolds this Friday.
Agreed but there was a low point in between with Carter Jordan.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
College Wrestling
North Carolina at North Carolina State ACC Network, 8:30 p.m
GuerrillaPack
Could be an epic, record-setting beatdown with the largest margin of victory in series history...with them possibly getting goose-egged or only scoring 3 points.

Was planning to go, but just saw that it's now sold out. I'm not paying $38+ on SeatGeek for 1 ticket (after adding around $18 in fees).
packgrad
I'll be there.

GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/C22WCG5sEp4
SportManagementEngineer
GuerrillaPack said:

Could be an epic, record-setting beatdown with the largest margin of victory in series history...with them possibly getting goose-egged or only scoring 3 points.

Was planning to go, but just saw that it's now sold out. I'm not paying $38+ on SeatGeek for 1 ticket (after adding around $18 in fees).
My guess is 36-6 (I think that was the Pitt score as well).
Wolfer79
AustinWolf828
If; like UNC's coach suggested; people only come to our wrestling matches because they are fans of good wrestling, then why is this match sold out? UNC is not good wrestling and this match is going to get really ugly really quickly.
SportManagementEngineer
AustinWolf828 said:

If; like UNC's coach suggested; people only come to our wrestling matches because they are fans of good wrestling, then why is this match sold out? UNC is not good wrestling and this match is going to get really ugly really quickly.
I mean, I went to Charlotte to see LeBron/D-Wade/Bosh clown the Bobcats 10 years ago so I get it.
AustinWolf828
SportManagementEngineer said:

AustinWolf828 said:

I mean, I went to Charlotte to see LeBron/D-Wade/Bosh clown the Bobcats 10 years ago so I get it.
Lol, true.
AustinWolf828
Starting at 157.
SportManagementEngineer
Scary start for Scott. Lucky he didn't get pinned.
WarrenPeace
Well that sucked
PossumJenkins
That was not a good effort from Scott
SportManagementEngineer
PossumJenkins said:

That was not a good effort from Scott

Not at all. Gave away two takedowns and conditioning looked awful.
AustinWolf828
Scott was exhausted because he was the only one who took a real shot the whole match but yea his conditioning has always been suspect. Feels like if he doesn't handle the match in the first period he loses.
GuerrillaPack
Well, I don't know what's going on with the wrestling team...but on the bright side we picked up a huge win in men's tennis today beating #2 South Carolina, and our gymnastics team also had a big win tonight, upsetting #20 Clemson.
AustinWolf828
Good match by Fields. UNC's hasn't gotten deep on a single shot so far and seems like their game plan is to stall and play defense.
SportManagementEngineer
Slow start, good finish from Fields. Through two matches and I'm not sure if Carolina has taken a shot yet
PossumJenkins
Solid bounce back by Fields with the major
PossumJenkins
SportManagementEngineer said:

Slow start, good finish from Fields. Through two matches and I'm not sure if Carolina has taken a shot yet

Agreed…and def feels like a strategy the Holes would employ
MovingPacker
Sometimes it seems like Scott finds ways to lose a match.
AustinWolf828
How are you gonna give a stall on the only person to take a shot...he was circling to stay in.
PossumJenkins
Please shut these little *****es up

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.