2023 Men's Outdoor Track

4,824 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Wolfer79
jadawson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Even though indoors just ended, the outdoor track season is already starting this weekend (though dont expect many of our athletes to participate this weekend, most will open in 2 weeks when NC State hosts the Raleigh Relays). I also am bored tonight biding my time until the tournament starts.

For indoors i did a breakdown event by event of our athletes but i since we still dont know redshirt/injury situations for many athletes that missed much of indoors i'm going to feed into the guessing game part of this and try guess at events the athletes will run and also give a time goal that i have in mind for them if they do that event. Too many athletes and long term redshirts to do everyone so i'm going to focus on the athletes that have the ability to make some noise at the ACC level at least. Can't wait to be embarrassed at how wrong i am come June. Going to go by groups, so some athletes may be listed under multiple sections if they compete in both.

Throws/Multi's

HM: Nathan Lau - Only thrower on the roster and no Decathletes either. Lau isn't particularly close the being competitive in the ACC yet but his best events in high school were the DIscus and Hammer Throw which aren't offered in Indoors so perhaps his best is in front of him this season.

Jumps

Jamar Davis - Will compete in Long Jump and Triple Jump. Coming off a 3rd place finish at ACC's in the Long Jump, and 5th in Triple Jump and 7th in Long Jump in ACC last outdoor season. His Triple Jumping has been pretty stagnant since he set his PB in 2019 so that will be a good goal for him just to push back to his PB level. In the Long jump i'd have to think getting into the upper 25' territory and competing hard for an ACC title would be the goals.

Cameron Murray - Primarily a hurdler, but he will also compete in the Long Jump where he finished 4th in the ACC this past indoor season. Had a ridiculous PB last outdoors that was the 5th best jump in school history at 25' 7.5" and is a bit of an outlier in his jumping career. His goal here would be to score again at ACC's, show he can consistently jump 25'+, and push as close to that 26' barrier as he can.

Kyzaiah Stone - Will focus on the High Jump. Probably a little disappointed with his ACC's even though he's a freshman. Came in with a 7' 0.5' PB from high school and wasn't able to improve upon it in indoors and struggled to a 6th place finish below 7' at ACC's. I think just getting a new PB is the goal for him even if its only by a half inch.

Von Douglas - Health status unclear as he only jumped once indoors back in january, but he will compete in Long Jump as well as some sprints. 6th best outdoors jump in school history at 25' 1.75". Finished 12th at the 2022 NCAA indoors meet. I'd love to see him push closer to that mid 25' or higher barrier as well as qualify for nationals again.

HM: William Sistruck - Will compete in the Long Jump and maybe not in the same tier as the first 3, but he was able to finish 9th at this past ACC Indoors meet. Boasts a 23' 11.75" Long Jump PB.

Sprints/Hurdles

Alex Lang - Will compete in the 100 primarily. He really levelled up this past indoors season. He had never qualified for a national meet prior to this year and not only did he qualify in the 60 this indoors but he finished 6th setting PB's almost every race. With the amount he PB'd in the 60, he could be in for a massive 100 PB as well. He comes in with a best of 10.36 and best finish of 8th in the ACC. With his improvement i definitely think 10.2's is on the cards but who knows how fast he can go. Would love to see him push for a podium finish at ACC's and qualifying for nationals again.

Josh Brockman - Will compete in the 110 hurdles. He's finished 4th and 5th at the last two ACC's in the 110H but hasn't had an all american finish so coming off his great 5th place finish at the 60H at NCAA indoors another all american finish will be on his radar. He's already the school record holder in this event outdoors with a 13.55 but knowing the Cameron Murray is coming for it he's surely looking to dip lower. With his improvement in the 60m Hurdles this year i hope 13.4's are in the cards.

Cameron Murray - Will compete in the 110 hurdles. Will be highly motivated after his disappointing finish to an incredible season. Set a new school record in the 60H indoors and qualified 5th seed for nationals but DNF'd at ACC's and didn't have his best prelim at NCAA's to not qualify for the finals. He has the 3rd fastest time at the 110H hurdles in school history with a 13.7 and training and competing with Brockman can only help his push to get lower. After lowering his own school record in the 60H this indoors, i think big things are on the cards. I'm hoping he can dip into the 13.5's for sure as well as improving on his 21st place finish at last years NCAA outdoor meet.

Von Douglas - Focuses on the Long Jump but also runs the 200. Has run a great 21.07 in the past. If he can push sub 21 that puts him in scoring/All ACC range which will be the goal if he runs it.

Alexander Nunley - Will run the 100 and 200 primarily but has dabbled in the occasional 400 in the past. Has PB's of 10.59 in the 100 and 21.17 in the 200. The 200 has a lot of potential to be competitive with his time already and i'd love to see him in the 21.0's and if he can threaten 21 flat this year that would be gravy. Would have him pushing for scoring/all acc range similar to Douglas.

HM: Alan Alvarez - On the roster on Gopack, but didnt run this past indoors so unsure of his status. He's been a consistent ACC qualifier the past few seasons in the 100/200 but isn't really a threat to score there yet. I think time goals are probably more of his focus if he runs, dipping under 10.5 in the 100 and under maybe 21.1 in the 200.

Distance

Ian Shanklin - He will compete in the 5k and 10k this season. It's his last season after a long respectable career with NC State with multiple all american finishes in Cross Country and multiple ACC titles on the track. I think he's past the point of having a time goal, though a new 10k PB could be in the cards for sure. He's looking to compete for another ACC title, probably in the 10k, and he's looking to score at nationals again probably in the 10k.

Ian Harrison - Will probably run the gamut from 1500-10k, but i expect the focus to be on either the 5k or 10k come ACC's and regionals. He's made massive improvements over the last 12 months and the future is very bright for him. His mile/1500 improved by ~4 seconds from last outdoors, his track 5k improved by ~20 seconds, and his 10k from nationals was ~20 seconds faster than his track 10k PB. The sky is the limit seemingly. If i had to set goals, i would start with qualification for nationals in whatever event he chooses to focus on. Timewise, i think he's in 3:44-45 shape in the 1500 so cropping a couple of seconds off that for a 3:42 ish would be fantastic and set him up for a sub 4 mile next indoors. In the 5k coming off a 13:35 indoors, a sub 13:30 could be on the cards. And in the 10k, i think he's figured it out after his great xc campaign so maybe a 29:30 is in the cards.

Brett Gardner - Will probably run a lot of 1500's and 5k's but end up focusing on the 3k steeplechase. Another guy who showed massive improvements the last 12 months. He improved his mile/1500 by 2-3 seconds, he ran a 15:48 in the 5k and finished an impressive 64th at nationals in a 10k. He dropped a 8:37 in the steeplechase last outdoors and with his improvements a sub 8:30 and a potential school record could be on the cards. I'd love to see him compete for an ACC title and qualify for nationals in the event. Any improvement on his 1500 and 5k times would be gravy considering they aren't the focus likely.

Gavin Gaynor - Will likely focus on the 1500 and 3k steeplechase. After redshirting indoors where he dropped a 3:57 mile unattached, he's clearly in good form. A sub 3:40 1500 could and maybe should be in the cards. I'd also look for his increased speed to push him closer to sub 8:40 in the steeplechase.

Robinson Snider - Similar to Harrison he'll probably run all between the 1500 and 10k. He's tended to focus on the 10k later in the season for ACC's and regionals. has continued improving last track season and in cross country before redshirting indoors due to a lack of eligibility. Comes in with a 13:49 5k and 29:59 10k. I'd expect him to push for a sub 13:40 5k and sub 29:40 10k.

David Vorbach - Will compete in the 5k and maybe dabble in the 10k. His sub 13:42 5k indoors sets him up well to chase a good time outdoors, conservatively 13:40, aggressively 13:35. I'd also like to see him potentially get top 15 at ACC outdoors in the 5k.

Zach Hughes - Will focus on the 800m. Wasn't able to improve upon his PB in the 800 last season, but he did run a new school record in the 1000m as well as a new PB in the mile. He's the current school record holder in the 800 outdoors with a 1:49.12. Given he wasn't able to improve in indoors, anything sub 1:49 would be a really good showing this season.

Kyle Durham - Will also focus on the 800m. Has never been the best indoors runner but this wasn't his best season other than setting a new PB in the mile. Has the 2nd fastest time in school history outdoors with a 1:49.52. Given his indoors season, a new PB should be the goal here. A sub 1:49 would be amazing.

HM: Dan McGoey & Patrick Gibbons - McGoey was consistently in the top 7 in Cross Country before getting injured and redshirting indoors. If he runs and is healthy a sub 14:00 5k should definitely be in the cards for him. Gibbons isn't really ready to be competitive at the ACC level as a true freshman, but while researching this i noticed that he improved his time in every single race he ran in indoors. Over the mile he lowered his time over 4 races from a 4:23 to a 4:17 to a 4:16 to a 4:13. And then he switched focus over the 800 where he came in with a high school PB of 1:57 and opened with a 1:53.6 and then ran a 1:52.6 at ACC's. With that kind of progression a sub 3:50 1500 and sub 1:52 800 could be in the cards.
jadawson
NC State opens up the outdoor season this Friday and Saturday at the UCF Black and Gold Invitational. We are sending a contingent of sprints, jumps and throws, the distance athletes will open up next weekend at the NC State hosted Raleigh Relays
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
  • The Wolfpack track and field program kicked off the outdoor season at the UCF Black and Gold Invitational with three top-10 finishes and three athletes setting new personal best marks.

THROWS

Nathan Lau debuted in the men's discus throw, turning in a performance of 48.47m to finish ninth.

In the women's javelin throw, Katie Horne made her debut and earned 10th place with a mark of 38.51m. Jakerra Covington also debuted in the event, finishing with a toss of 29.74m.

Mahkayla Hart recorded a personal-best effort of 12.92m in the women's shot put. Sydney Freeman (11.82m), Katie Horne (11.31m), and Jakerra Covington (10.45m) each made their debuts in the event.

JUMPS

Two athletes represented NC State in the women's long jump. Jirah Sidberry finished seventh overall with a leap of 6.07m. Zahra Bichara turned in a performance of 5.80m to claim a new personal best and submit the 10th-best time in NC State history.

On the men's side of the long jump, Jamar Davis claimed a top-five performance, finishing fourth with a mark of 7.52m. William Sistruck also competed for the Pack in the event, claiming 10th with a jump of 7.07m.

SPRINTS

Henry Young recorded a personal best performance in the men's 200m, clocking in at 21.36.

MIDDLE DISTANCE

Caroline Lewis debuted in the women's 1500m, running a time of 4:43.41.

UP NEXT

NC State continues outdoor action at the Black and Gold Invite on Saturday, March 18.

RESULTS

MEN'S DISCUS
WOMEN'S JAVELIN THROW
WOMEN'S SHOT PUT
WOMEN'S LONG JUMP
MEN'S LONG JUMP
WOMEN'S 200m
MEN'S 200m
WOMEN'S 1500m

https://gopack.com/news/2023/3/17/track-pack-opens-outdoor-action-at-black-and-gold-invite-with-three-top-10-finishes.aspx
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
  • The Wolfpack track and field program wrapped up action at the Black and Gold invite with seven top-10 finishes.

THROWS
Sydney Freeman debuted in the women's hammer throw with a mark of 46.98m.

JUMPS
Kyzaiah Stone claimed third with a jump of 2.00m in his outdoor debut in the men's high jump.

Representing the Pack on the women's side of the high jump was Jirah Sidberry, who finished ninth with her leap of 12.32m.

Jamar Davis earned his way to the podium in the men's triple jump, turning in a performance of 15.08m to finish second.

SPRINTS
The team of Isaiah Gadson, Cam Murray, Henry Young, and Alex Nunley turned in a time of 41.28 in the men's 4x100m relay to take fifth place.

In the men's 400m, Lance Patterson (49.83) and Nunley (50.31) each made their outdoor debut in the event.

Young clocked in at 10.56 to earn eighth place in the men's 100m. Gadson also competed in the event, debuting with a mark of 10.70 (10.693).

Young, Davis, Nunley, and Patterson competed in the 4x400m relay clocking in at 3:21.44 to take ninth place.

UP NEXT
The Wolfpack continues the outdoor season when it hosts Raleigh Relays March 23-25.

RESULTS
WOMEN'S HAMMER THROW
MEN'S HIGH JUMP
WOMEN'S TRIPLE JUMP
MEN'S TRIPLE JUMP
MEN'S 4x100M RELAY
  • Gadson, Murray, Young, Nunley - 41.28 (5th)
WOMEN'S 400M
MEN'S 400M
WOMEN'S 100M
MEN'S 100M
MEN'S 4x400M RELAY
  • Young, Davis, Nunley, Patterson - 3:21.44 (9th)

https://gopack.com/news/2023/3/18/track-earns-seven-top-10-finishes-on-final-day-of-black-and-gold-invite.aspx
jadawson
The Raleigh Relays are staring this thursday and running through saturday. Parts of it will be televised each day on ACCNX.

Like its always mentioned, athletes might not end up running all the events they are registered for, particularly if they are on the same day. Registering just keeps the options open for them or could mean they are pacing.

Here's what the start lists look like for the NC State men. Notable absences are Brett Gardner, Ian Harrison & Josh Brockman:

Thursday:

Mens 1500 (heats generally get faster the higher the number):
Wesley Larson (section 6)
Travis Koekemoer (section 11)
Ian Shanklin (section 14)
Gavin Gaynor (section 15) + NC State legend and current volunteer assistant Ryan Hill running in section 15

Mens 5000M:
Travis Koekemoer (section 7)
Jake Toomey (section 7)
John Malach (section 7)
Jimmy Mullarkey (section 7) (running unattached to redshirt)
Daniel McGoey (section 9)

Friday:

Mens 100m Dash (heats not listed yet)
Alex Lang
Henry Young
Isaiah Gadson
Alexander Nunley
Ja'Von Douglas
Cameron Murray
Kyzaiah Stone

Mens 400m (heats not listed yet)
Zach Hughes
Kyle Durham
Jamar Davis
Lance Patterson

Mens 10000M:
former NC State runner Graham Crawford in heat 3

Mens High Jump:
Kyzaiah Stone (flight 2)

Mens Triple Jump:
William Sistruck (flight 1)
Jamar Davis (flight 2)

Mens Discus:
Nathan Lau (flight 1)

Saturday

Mens 4x100 relay: (heats not listed yet)
Ja'Von Douglas, Cameron Murray, Henry Young, Isaiah Gadson

Mens 200m Dash (heats not listed yet)
Alexander Nunley
Isaiah Gadson
Henry Young
Alex Lang

Mens 800m:
Wesley Larson (section 4)
Patrick Gibbons (section 5)
Grant Howlett (section 6)
former NC State runner Ares Epps (section 11)
Gavin Gaynor (section 13)
Kyle Durham (section 14)
Zach Hughes (section 15)

Mens 4x400m relay (heats not listed yet)
Henry Young, Isaiah Gadson, Lance Patterson, Alexander Nunley

Mens Long Jump:
William Sistruck (flight 3)
Jamar Davis (flight 3)
Cameron Murray (flight 3)
Ja'Von Douglas (flight 3)

Saturday

jadawson
Also worth pointing out that it looks like they are doing an unofficial visit weekend for some of the distance recruits. Angelina Napoleon (NY) and Kate Putman (NY) are going to be running in the girls 3200m on friday afternoon and Marco Evans (Cary) and Krister Sjoblad (Athens Drive) will be running in the boys 3200m that follows the girls race.
Wolfer79
The NC State track and field program continues the outdoor season as it welcomes teams from across the country to compete in Raleigh Relays March 23-25.

RALEIGH RELAYS MEET INFORMATION
Date: March 23-25
Live Results: Available Here
Live Stream Day 1: Available Here
Live Stream Day 2: Available Here
Live Stream Day 3: Available Here

https://gopack.com/news/2023/3/22/track-wolfpack-set-to-host-raleigh-relays.aspx
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
The NC State track and field program kicked off the Raleigh Relays with a new school record and seven personal best marks.

DISTANCE
On a competitive first day of the Raleigh Relays, NC State runner Allie Hays stole the show, setting a school, meet, and facility record in the women's 10,000m. Hays hovered in the top-5 the entire race, before separating herself from the pack and claiming first with a time of 32:21.13.

Kelsey Chmiel and Gionna Quarzo also competed in the event for the Wolfpack, each earning top-5 finishes. Chmiel took home fourth place with a mark of 32:55.19, while Quarzo finished fifth, clocking in at 33:06.47. Quarzo's time sits as the ninth-best in NC State history.

In the men's 1500m, Gavin Gaynor earned a top-10 finish, clocking in at 3:41.58 to set a new personal best and record the third-best mark in school history. Ian Shanklin also entered his name into the record book, submitting a personal best time of 3:43.08 to take the seventh-best mark in program history.

THROWS
Sydney Freeman earned a new personal best mark in the women's shot put, turning in a throw of 12.74m.

Katie Horne (40.08m), Timara Chapman (38.94m), and Jakerra Covington (37.71m) each recorded personal bests in the women's javelin throw. These are the second, fifth, and seventh best times in NC State history, respectively.

UP NEXT
The Wolfpack will be back in action on day two of Raleigh Relays tomorrow, March 24.

RESULTS

WOMEN'S 10000M Invitational

MEN'S 1500M

MEN'S 5000M
  • Daniel McGoey - 14:16.55 (58th)
  • Jake Toomey - 14:17.35 (64th)
  • John Malach - 14:26.80 (93rd)

WOMEN'S SHOT PUT

WOMEN'S JAVELIN THROW

https://gopack.com/news/2023/3/23/track-school-record-falls-on-first-day-of-raleigh-relays.aspx
Wolfer79
jadawson
Notable results for the men in Day 2 of the Raleigh Relays:

Jamar Davis wins the Triple jump with a jump of 51' 4.5"

William Sistruck takes 14th in the Triple Jump with a jump of 45' 7.75"

Cameron Murray wins the 100m dash with a time of 10.38s

Alex Lang finishes 4th in the 100m with a time of 10.58s

Lance Patterson set a new PB in the 400m with a time of 49.01s

Also, 2 incoming NC State recruits competed in the Boys 3200m run today. Krister Sjoblad of Athens Drive took 4th in a really nice time of 9:10.67 seconds. A big PB for him.

Marco Evans of Cary High took 6th with a time of 9:12.91. It's his 2nd fastest time ever and fastest season opener.

Wolfer79
The Wolfpack continued action on day two of Raleigh Relays setting five new personal best marks and winning two events.

JUMPS
Jamar Davis snagged a victory in the men's triple jump, submitting a leap of 15.66m to finish in first place.

After a personal best performance of 12.84m in the women's triple jump, Jirah Sidberry claimed second place and turned in the fifth-best mark in school history.

In the men's high jump, Kyzaiah Stone turned in a jump of 2.01m to take third place and set a new personal best effort.

SPRINTS
Cam Murray grabbed first overall place in the men's 100m, winning the event with a time of 10.38. Alex Lang didn't finish far behind his teammate, as the Raleigh native posted his time of 10.58 to earn fourth.

On the women's side of the 100m, Zahra Bichara set a career-mark with a clock-in of 12.44.

Ally Henson recorded a top-10 finish in the women's 100m hurdles, finishing with a time of 13.78 to take 10th place.

In the men's 400m, Lance Patterson earned a new PB mark, registering a time of 49.01.

DISTANCE
Sam Bush clinched second place in women's 5000m, turning in a time of 15:39.26. Shannon Sefton also competed for the NC State, producing a time of 17:01.97 to set a new personal best.

MIDDLE DISTANCE
With a time of 4:12.02, Amaris Tyynismaa secured a fifth place-finish in the women's 1500m.

UP NEXT
The Wolfpack will be back in action tomorrow, March 25 to wrap up the final day of Raleigh Relays.

RESULTS
MEN'S TRIPLE JUMP
WOMEN'S TRIPLE JUMP
MEN'S HIGH JUMP
WOMEN'S HIGH JUMP
MEN'S DISCUS THROW
MEN'S 100M
  • Cam Murray - 10.38 (1st)
  • Alex Lang - 10.58 (4th)
  • Alex Nunley - 10.79 (19th)
  • Henry Young - 10.96 (38th)
  • Kyzaiah Stone - 11.25 (60th)
WOMEN'S 100M
WOMEN 100M HURDLES
MEN'S 400M
WOMEN'S 400M
  • Allison Payton - 59.99 (79th)
WOMEN'S 5000M
WOMEN'S 1500M
https://gopack.com/news/2023/3/24/track-pack-earns-two-victories-on-day-two-of-raleigh-relays.aspx
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
The Wolfpack wrapped up action on the final day of Raleigh Relays with six new personal best marks and an event win.

JUMPS
Jirah Sidberry kicked the day off by earning a victory in the women's long jump. The Charlotte native received first place after turning in a personal best jump of 6.23m, which is good for fifth-best in school history. Nahsheeda Facey also hit her PB in the event, jumping 5.41m.

In the men's long jump, Jamar Davis grabbed second place with his effort of 7.44m. William Sistruck also competed in the event, earning a top-10 finish after claiming ninth with his leap of 6.83m.

THROWS
Makala Wright provided an effort of 55.31m in the women's weight throw to set a new personal best and snag the third-best performance in school history. Sydney Freeman joined her teammate in the event, also setting a new PB and taking home the 10th-best toss in the history of the program.

MIDDLE DISTANCE
With a time of 2:13.02, Caroline Lewis took home a new personal best in the women's 800m.

Gavin Gaynor finished in the top-5 in the men's 800m, supplying a personal best effort of 1:49.47 to claim fifth place.

SPRINTS
The grouping of Henry Young, Cam Murray, Alex Nunley, and Ja'Von Douglas received fourth place in the men's 4x100m relay with their time of 40.28.

UP NEXT
The Wolfpack will be back in action at the Duke Invitational April 6 - April 8.

RESULTS
WOMEN'S LONG JUMP
MEN'S LONG JUMP
WOMEN'S HAMMER THROW
WOMEN'S 800M
MEN'S 800M
MEN'S 4x100M RELAY
  • Young, Murray, Nunley, Davis - 40.28 (4th)
WOMEN'S 400M HURDLES
WOMEN'S 200M
MEN'S 200M

https://gopack.com/news/2023/3/25/track-pack-earns-event-victory-on-final-day-of-raleigh-relays.aspx
Wolfer79
The NC State track and field program resumes the outdoor season this week in Durham, NC, competing in the Duke Invitational April 6-April 8.

DUKE INVITE MEET INFORMATION
Date: April 6-8

LAST TIME OUT
The Pack completed their second event of their outdoor campaign March 23-25, as they hosted Raleigh Relays.

The capital of North Carolina was treated to a record-breaking opening night of competition, as Wolfpack runner Allie Hays smashed a school, meet, and facility mark in the women's 10,000m. She turned in a time of 32:21.13 to claim first place in the event, a performance that earned her USTFCCCA D1 National Female Athlete of the Week and ACC Women's Track Performer of the Week honors.

More event wins came NC State's way, as Jamar Davis leaped 15.66m in the men's triple jump to take home the highest spot on the podium. Cam Murray also grabbed a first-place mark, winning the men's 100m dash with a time of 10.38.

Jirah Sidberry took home the final event victory of the weekend for the Pack, entering her name in the record books as she did it. The reigning ACC Women's Indoor Field MVP proved her skills transfer to the outdoor setting well, snagging first place with a jump of 6.23m in the women's long jump.

#WolfpackTF - @wolfpack_tf_xc

https://gopack.com/news/2023/4/5/track-wolfpack-resumes-outdoor-campaign-at-duke-invite.aspx
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
The NC State track and field program returned to action this afternoon, taking part in two events on day-one of the Duke Invitational.

THROWS
Mahkalyla Hart took home a season-best mark of 50.02m in the women's hammer throw.

In the men's discus throw, Nathan Lau earned a top-15 mark, tossing 47.72m to claim 11th place.

UP NEXT
The Pack kicks off action on the second day of the Duke Invite tomorrow, April 7.

RESULTS
WOMEN'S HAMMER THROW

MEN'S DISCUS THROW

https://gopack.com/news/2023/4/6/track-wolfpack-competes-in-two-events-on-first-day-of-duke-invite.aspx
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
The NC State track and field team continued action on day two of the Duke Invitational, claiming five top-10 marks and a new personal best.

THROWS
Katie Horne recorded a throw of 30.00m to take sixth place in the women's javelin throw. Mikieja Covington placed three spots behind her teammate in the event, tossing 21.76m to snatch ninth.

MIDDLE-DISTANCE
After submitting a personal best-time of 3:51.01 in the men's 1500m, Jake Toomey took home ninth place.

In the women's 1500m invite, Amaris Tyynismaa and Grace Hartman each supplied a top-10 clock-in. Tyynismaa placed sixth with her time of 4:22.56, while Hartman crossed the finish line in seventh after running 4:22.92.

UP NEXT
The Wolfpack will return to action at the Tom Jones Memorial in Gainesville, FL, April 14-15.

RESULTS
WOMEN'S JAVELIN THROW
WOMEN'S 1500M
MEN'S 1500M
WOMEN'S 1500M (Invite)
MEN'S 1500M Invite
MEN'S 800M (Invite)

https://gopack.com/news/2023/4/7/track-pack-takes-home-five-top-10-marks-on-second-day-in-durham.aspx
jadawson
Eastern Michigan Sr Toby Gualter will be grad transferring into NC State starting next fall. My best guess is he has 2 years of XC, 1 year of Indoors and 1 year of outdoors (assuming he wants/uses his covid eligibility).

This is a really nice depth pickup for NC State since we will definitely be losing 2 of our top 5 from XC for next year and possibly a 3rd depending on using covid eligibility. He should slot nicely into our top 5 in XC and provide good depth on the track.

He has PB's of 23:42 8k and 30:10 10k in Cross Country, to go along with a 4:04 mile and 7:58 3k indoors and 14:00 5k outdoors.

https://instagr.am/p/Cq80wiWvbYb
Wolfer79
The NC State track and field team returns to action this weekend, competing in the Tom Jones Memorial Invitational in Gainesville, FL, April 14-15.

TOM JONES MEMORIAL INVITE MEET INFO:
Date: April 14-15

https://gopack.com/news/2023/4/13/track-pack-heads-to-gainesville-for-tom-jones-memorial-invite.aspx
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
The NC State track and field team began action at the Tom Jones Memorial Invite by claiming a new school record and submitting three other personal best performances.

THROWS
The weekend in Gainesville got off to a hot start for the Wolfpack, with Makala Wright breaking the school record in the women's hammer throw. Her new personal best throw of 58.23m earned her second place in the event in addition to the school's all-time mark.

More names were entered into the NC State record books in the women's javelin throw, as Jakerra Covington (40.88m) and Katie Horne (40.39m) recorded the second and third best throws in NC State history, respectively.

JUMPS
Jirah Sidberry took home third place in the women's long jump with a leap of 6.01m. Zahra Bichara also held a top-10 mark, finishing eighth after jumping 5.75m.

In the men's long jump invitational, Von Douglas finished ninth with a jump of 7.59m.

Kyzaiah Stone jumped 2.04m to set a new PB mark in the men's high jump invitational.

UP NEXT
The Pack returns to action at the Tom Jones Memorial Invite in Gainesville tomorrow, April 15.

RESULTS
WOMEN'S HAMMER THROW
Makala Wright - 58.23m (191'00") (2nd)
Sydney Freeman - 48.18m (158'1.00") (20th)
Mahkayla Hart - 47.27m (155'1.00") (22st)

WOMEN'S JAVELIN THROW
Jakerra Covington - 40.88m (134'1.00") (9th)
Katie Horne - 40.39m (132'6.00") (10th)
Mikieja Covington - 26.85m (88'1.00") (20th)

WOMEN'S LONG JUMP
Jirah Sidberry - 6.01m (19'8.75") (3rd)
Zahra Bichara - 5.75m (18'10.50") (8th)

MEN'S LONG JUMP (Invite)
Von Douglas - 7.59m (24'11.00") (9th)

MEN'S LONG JUMP
William Sistruck - 6.94m (22'9.25") (16th)

MEN'S HIGH JUMP (Invite)
Kyzaiah Stone - 2.04m (6'8.25") (11th)

WOMEN'S 200M
Timara Chapman - 24.39 (74th)
Imunique Archie - 25.32 (91st)

MEN'S 200M
Henry Young - 21.42 (21.418) (47th)
Von Douglas - 21.56 (21.558) (55th)
Alex Nunley - 21.63 (61st)

MEN'S 400M HURDLES
Alex Nunley - 55.78 (41st)

https://gopack.com/news/2023/4/14/track-wright-claims-new-school-record-on-first-day-of-tom-jones-memorial-invite.aspx
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
The NC State track and field team took home two new personal best marks on the second and final day of competition at the Tom Jones Memorial Invite.

JUMPS
William Sistruck recorded a new PB mark in the men's triple jump with a leap of 13.98m.

MIDDLE-DISTANCE
In the women's 800m, Caroline Lewis clocked in at 2:12.70 to set a new personal time.

UP NEXT
The Wolfpack returns to action on Friday, April 21 when they kick off day-one action at the Wake Forest Invite.

RESULTS
MEN'S TRIPLE JUMP
WOMEN'S SHOT PUT
WOMEN'S 100M HURDLES (Prelim)
MEN'S 110M HURDLES (Prelim)
  • Cam Murray - 13.79 (10th)
MEN'S 4x100M RELAY
  • Young, Murray, Alvarez, Douglas - 39.89 (11th)
WOMEN'S 100M
WOMEN'S 800M
MEN'S 400M
MEN'S 800M

https://gopack.com/news/2023/4/15/track-pack-wraps-up-action-on-final-day-of-tom-jones-invite.aspx
jadawson
Missed another transfer commitment for the men's side about a month ago. Joe Jaster is transferring in from D3 Case Western University (so you know he's a smart kid). He looks like a guy who will be in and around the top 7 in XC and be decent depth on the track. He's never run a 10k before that i can see but he seems like someone that gets better the longer the distance goes so maybe the transition could be good for him. His PB's are 3:53 in the 1500, 8:16 in the 3000, 14:14 in the 5000 and 24:27 in the 8k in XC.

I believe he'll have 1 season left in all 3 seasons (possibly 2 in indoor).

https://instagr.am/p/Cp1N94qMHUS
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
The NC State track and field team will be traveling to Charlottesville, VA and Winston-Salem, NC this week to compete in the UVA Challenge April 20-22 and Wake Forest Invite April 21.

UVA CHALLENGE MEET INFO:
Date: April 20-22

WAKE FOREST INVITE MEET INFO:
Date: April 21

https://gopack.com/news/2023/4/19/track-nc-state-primed-to-compete-in-uva-challenge-wake-forest-invite.aspx
Wolfer79
jadawson
Gavin Gaynor with a new school record in the 800m at the Wake Forest invitational with a time of 1:48.59
jadawson
Outside of Gaynor's new school record there were several PB's set at Wake Forest

1500m
Jake Toomey 3:47.74
Wesley Larson 3:50.08

800m
Zach Hughes 1:49.24 (not technically a PB but only .12 off his old school record and after a stagnant indoors season he is really rounding into form again)

5000m
JJ Malach 14:21
Wolfer79
The NC State track and field team was back in action on Friday, claiming three school records while competing in the Virginia Challenge in Charlottesville and the Wake Forest Invite in Winston-Salem.

VIRGINIA CHALLENGE:

MULTI-EVENTS
Timara Chapman started the day by breaking the school record in the women's heptathlon with 5746 points. She finished second overall after earning a top-five finish in each event in which she competed. She finished the final three competitions of the heptathlon on Friday, finishing third in the long jump (5.94m), fourth in the javelin throw (35.67m), and fourth in the 800m (2:17.56).

SPRINTS
In the men's 100m prelims, Cam Murray submitted a time of 10.25 to claim a personal best and finish first to advance to the final. Henry Young recorded a time of 10.52 (10.520) to finish tenth and set a new PB mark. Isaiah Gadson also grabbed a personal best after a time of 10.55 (10.544)

Murray went on to win the event with a time of 10.27 in the final competition.

THROWS
Another school record fell in the women's javelin throw, as Katie Horne threw 44.84m to finish sixth and set the all-time program mark.

JUMPS
Jirah Sidberry finished in third and turned in the third-best performance in school history in the women's triple jump with a leap of 12.92m.

Jamar Davis finished in the top-5 on the men's side of the triple jump with his performance of 15.48m. William Sistruck also participated in the event and set a new personal record with his jump of 14.36m.

WAKE FOREST INVITE:

MIDDLE-DISTANCE
Gavin Gaynor got in on the record-setting action in the men's 800m invite, finishing fourth and setting the all-time school mark with a performance of 1:48.59. Zach Hughes also picked up a top-10 finish, placing sixth with a time of 1:49.24.

Grant Howlett took home a personal best time in the men's 800m, crossing the finish line in 1:52.91.

The Wolfpack acquired three top-10 finishes and two PB marks in the women's 1500m invite. Katelyn Tuohy returned to outdoor action with a third-place time of 4:08.29, while teammate Sam Bush clocked in at 4:17.02 to take ninth. Grace Hartman received tenth place with her PB mark of 4:18.33. Marlee Starliper also garnered a new personal best, finishing in 4:20.13.

Jenna Schulz joined in on the fun of the day, snatching a personal best in the women's 1500m with a sixth-place time of 4:28.61.

In the men's portion of the 1500m, Jake Toomey finished fourth with his new PB time of 3:47.74. Wesley Larson clocked in at 3:50.08, also receiving a new personal record.

NC State claimed all three podium spots in the women's 5000m, with Amaris Tyynismaa winning the event with a time of 15:30.37, a PB clock-in that sits at third-all time in the NC State record books.

Kelsey Chmiel finished second, picking up her new PB of 15.43.25. Tuohy rounded out the top-three, finishing the race in 15:50.90. Savannah Shaw was the Pack's fourth runner to finish in the top-five, taking the fifth spot after running 15:58.91. Gionna Quarzo (16:05.06) slotted in at tenth, Shannon Sefton picked up her new PB of 16:51.05 to wrap up the night.

In the men's 5000m, John Malach provided a personal best time of 14:21.84.

UP NEXT
The Wolfpack continues action on Saturday, April 22 on the final day of the Virginia Challenge.

RESULTS

VIRGINIA CHALLENGE:
WOMEN'S HEPTATHLON
Timara Chapman - 5746 (2nd)
Long Jump - 5.94m (19'6.00") (3rd

Javelin - 35.67m (117'0.00") (4th)
800m - 2:17.56 (4th)

MEN'S DISCUS
Nathan Lau - 43.05m (141'3.00") (15th)

WOMEN'S 100M
Ally Henson - 12.13 (12.127) (35th)

MEN'S 100M (Prelims)
Cam Murray - 10.25 (1st)
Henry Young - 10.52 (10.520) (10th)
Isaiah Gadson - 10.55 (10.544) (15th)
Alex Nunley - 10.75 (10.741) (29th)

MEN'S 100M (Final)
Cam Murray - 10.27 (1st)

WOMEN'S JAVELIN
Katie Horne - 44.84m (147'1.00") (6th)
Jakerra Covington - 33.53m (110'0.00") (22nd)

WOMEN'S TRIPLE JUMP
Jirah Sidberry - 12.92m (42'4.75") (3rd)

MEN'S TRIPLE JUMP
Jamar Davis - 15.48m (50.9'50") (5th)
William Sistruck - 14.36m (47'1.50") (16th)

WAKE FOREST INVITE:
MEN'S 800M (Invite)
Gavin Gaynor - 1:48.59 (4th)
Zach Hughes - 1:49.24 (6th)
Kyle Durham - 1:50.82 (15th)

MEN'S 800M
Grant Howlett - 1:52.91 (15th)

MEN'S 400M
Lance Patterson - 49.47 (34th)

WOMEN'S STEEPLECHASE
Alyssa Hendrix - 11:19.43 (14th)

MEN'S STEEPLECHASE
Travis Koekemoer - 9:06.92 (10th)

WOMEN'S 1500M (Invite)
Katelyn Tuohy - 4:08.29 (3rd)
Sam Bush - 4:17.02 (9th)
Grace Hartman - 4:18.33 (10th)
Marlee Starliper - 4:20.13 (15th)

WOMEN'S 1500M
Jenna Schulz - 4:28.61 (6th)

MEN'S 1500M
Jake Toomey - 3:47.74 (4th)
Wesley Larson - 3:50.08 (13th)

WOMEN'S 5000M
Amaris Tyynismaa - 15:30.37 (1st)
Kelsey Chmiel - 15:43.25 (2nd)
Katelyn Tuohy - 15:50.90 (3rd)
Savannah Shaw - 15:58.91 (5th)
Gionna Quarzo - 16:05.06 (10th)
Mariah Howlett - 16:36.88 (27th)
Shannon Sefton - 16:51.05 (38th)

MEN'S 5000M
John Malach - 14:21.84 (29th)
Kevin Antczak - 14:30.92 (38th)

#WolfpackTF - #GoPack

https://gopack.com/news/2023/4/21/track-pack-collects-three-school-records-and-seventeen-personal-best-marks.aspx

Wolfer79
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.