NC State Wrestling 2022-23 (13-1, 3-1)

18,462 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by 82TxPackFan
82TxPackFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rmcwpups said:

Wolfer79 said:

When do the doors open?
I believe they open the doors at 6:00
Wolfer79
NC State will close out its home slate, hosting ACC for Pittsburgh Friday night at Reynolds Coliseum.

The Wolfpack will honor seniors Alex Faison, Hunter Lewis and Tyrie Houghton before the dual.

No. 6 NC State (12-1, 2-1)) currently sits one spot behind No. 17 Pittsburgh (9-3, 3-0) in the ACC standings.

Series history: The Pack leads the all-time series 7-2 over the Panthers. NC State has won three in a row over Pittsburgh. The Panthers last win came in 2019 in Reynolds. That was the Packs last home lost to an ACC opponent.

Match ups: There will be seven ranked vs. ranked matchups Friday night. In the 197-pound class, NC State's Isaac Trumble, ranked No. 8, will take on top ranked Nino Bonaccorsi in a top-10 showdown.

https://gopack.com/news/2023/2/9/wrestling-no-6-nc-state-welcomes-no-17-pitt-on-senior-night.aspx

not on ACC Network
PossumJenkins
Why on earth is the ACC network showing duke/Virginia over nc state/pitt
SportManagementEngineer
PossumJenkins said:

Got to love the two worst teams in the conference over the de facto ACC title match. These things are set weeks in advance, however.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
SportManagementEngineer
This has been a fantastic dual. It was only a matter of time before Pitt got good again.
82TxPackFan
Pack for the win with one match left!!!!!!!!

20-9 now.
SportManagementEngineer
Really encouraging match for Trombley. I said at the beginning of the season that he wouldn't be able to succeed at 125 if he couldn't get to his offense. I think he had 5 takedowns in this match, huge for him as we approach ACCs and NCAAs.
HappyHooker73
Go Pack! Huge win tonight
It’s a RED State!
DrummerboyWolf
82TxPackFan said:

Pack for the win with one match left!!!!!!!!

Beat me to it. One match to go and it's OVER!

GO PACK!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
SportManagementEngineer
Huge win for Orine. Great for seeding and his confidence going forward.
Packchem91
SportManagementEngineer said:

PossumJenkins said:

Got to love the two worst teams in the conference over the de facto ACC title match. These things are set weeks in advance, however.

What happened to VT?
82TxPackFan
Awesome match for the Pack!

No. 6 NC State 23, No. 17 Pitt 6
125: No. 27 Jarrett Trombley def. No. 32 Colton Camacho, 11-8 dec.
133: No. 20 Kai Orine vs. No. 6 Micky Phillippi, 2-1 dec.
141: No. 3 Cole Matthews def. No. 4 Ryan Jack (NCSU), 4-2 dec.
149: No. 17 Jackson Arrington def. No. 28 Tyler Badgett, 4-0 dec.
157: No. 7 Ed Scott def. Dazjon Casto, 19-3 Tech Fall
165: Holden Heller def. Matty Singleton, 4-2 dec.
174: No. 29 Alex Faison def. Luca Augustine, 3-1 SV1 dec
184: No. 3 Trent Hidlay def. No. 17 Reece Heller, 9-5
197: No. 1 Nino Bonaccorsi def. No. 8 Isaac Trumble, 6-4 SV2
285: No. 12 Owen Trephan def. No. 10 Dayton Pitzer, 3-1 SV1

On to UNC next week - GTHC!!!!!!
SportManagementEngineer
Packchem91 said:

PossumJenkins said:

What happened to VT?

They lost to Pitt last week opening the door for a three way tie between State/Pitt/VT.
Hunterb72
If you have never been to a match , you are missing out . Awesome atmosphere. Old barn was rockin !
Packchem91

Packchem91 said:

PossumJenkins said:

What happened to VT?

They lost to Pitt last week opening the door for a three way tie between State/Pitt/VT.

Oh wow, good deal.
Wolfer79
82TxPackFan said:

Awesome match for the Pack!

No. 6 NC State 23, No. 17 Pitt 6
125: No. 27 Jarrett Trombley def. No. 32 Colton Camacho, 11-8 dec.
133: No. 20 Kai Orine vs. No. 6 Micky Phillippi, 2-1 dec.
141: No. 3 Cole Matthews def. No. 4 Ryan Jack (NCSU), 4-2 dec.
149: No. 17 Jackson Arrington def. No. 28 Tyler Badgett, 4-0 dec.
157: No. 7 Ed Scott def. Dazjon Casto, 19-3 Tech Fall
165: Holden Heller def. Matty Singleton, 4-2 dec.
174: No. 29 Alex Faison def. Luca Augustine, 3-1 SV1 dec
184: No. 3 Trent Hidlay def. No. 17 Reece Heller, 9-5
197: No. 1 Nino Bonaccorsi def. No. 8 Isaac Trumble, 6-4 SV2
285: No. 12 Owen Trephan def. No. 10 Dayton Pitzer, 3-1 SV1

On to UNC next week - GTHC!!!!!!
thank you
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
GuerrillaPack
At unc-ch next Friday (Feb 17th) at 7:00 pm. I'm planning to be there. They're saying on TOS that there were only around 250 unc fans at their match last night in chapel hill against VT. Let's paint Carmichael Arena red, and take that place over next week. We currently have a 9 match winning streak against them, and this would make it 10 in a row. This one is going to be on the ACC Network, so we could embarrass them on national television, maybe get some "Wolf"..."Pack" chants going.

I went to a match in Cameron against Duke in 2020, but have yet to go to unc for a wrestling match. I just looked it up on the goheels official site, and it's free admission to wrestling matches at unc. So you don't even have to feel bad about having to buy a ticket and give money to unc.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Wolfer79
(Nino Bonaccosri) seen comments about my neck in the match against NC State, but just wanted to say that there was no ill intent! I respect the staff and athletes at NC State and I understand the physicality of our sport! The most important thing is that me and my opponent walked off safe.

jadawson
Wolfer79 said:

(Nino Bonaccosri) seen comments about my neck in the match against NC State, but just wanted to say that there was no ill intent! I respect the staff and athletes at NC State and I understand the physicality of our sport! The most important thing is that me and my opponent walked off safe.

Some of those local PA wrestling accounts acting like it was the dirtiest move they'd ever seen were so obnoxious. Glad Bonaccorsi shut that talk down.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
GuerrillaPack
I love how unc only had about 250 of their fans show up for their home dual last weekend against VT, and yet their official wrestling Instagram account currently says they have "40.9k" followers. Meanwhile, the Wolfpack wrestling official Instagram account has 19.6k followers, and we have 2,500 - 4,000 fans at the big home matches (against VT, UNC, Pitt).

I've also noticed that the official unc track and field and cross country Instagram account has skyrocketed in followers over the last 2-3 months, gaining much more followers than the NC State T&F/XC Instagram account during that same time period, which is highly suspicious due to the fact that the Wolfpack won their 2nd team national XC title in a row during that time, Tuohy won the individual XC title, and Tuohy has been setting national records during this time.

It's obvious to me what is going on - UNC is most likely paying some service to provide them fake "followers" to their accounts, in order to boost their perception. Just like everything else, they have a "win at all costs" mentality and are not ashamed to use every form of cheating in the book, even when blatantly obvious -- and especially cannot stand being beaten by their "red-headed step brother" NC State.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Wolfer79
Preview
NC State wrestling looks to finish regular season with win in Chapel Hill

https://www.technicianonline.com/sports/nc-state-wrestling-looks-to-finish-regular-season-with-win-in-chapel-hill/article_cda43664-ad97-11ed-b353-6b8829b6c2b9.html
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
SexualChocolate
It's on ACCN. Great so far.
DrummerboyWolf
Pack up 6-0 after the first two matches.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
SportManagementEngineer
Thoughts through two matches:

Ryan Jack was fantastic on his feet. Could get takedowns for days against a "top 10" opponent.

I thought Jackson Arrington was a little loose. It cost him with that sweet duck under that Guida hit on him. But good wrestlers bring it when it matters, great job by Arrington to get a quick escape and powerful take down then the ride out to secure the W.
SexualChocolate
Arrington comes back to Win 10-6 after being down 6-4 with 1:13 in the third. Pack up 6-0. Big match with #2 O'Connor and #7 E. Scott
SexualChocolate
O'Connor is a beast.
SportManagementEngineer
Austin O'Connor is a punk but he's really good. Scott beat him last year at ACCs but you just can't give up a takedown in the final seconds of the second period. That was the difference in the match.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.