Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,229,721 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packfan8 said:

LSU will be tough to beat for this kid.
Thunderhill
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

I saw that Hargraves roster is listing him at 6'7'',I know these heights are usually exaggerated like an inch or 2 but that would be a well sized guard for our system
Dunlow66 said:

2019 kid we might take a look at is Jeremiah Davenport.

He is a SF playing for Hargrave this year. Reclassified 2018 kid from Ohio. 6'4 , and can jump out of the gym.

He is a very good rebounder for his size. Has a bit of a 'Torin Dorn' skillset.
Bruce Darymple?
TheWhiteWolf
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Lecque said that he will likely be signing next week, he just wanted to do it with family
Also getting a lot of exposure at the recent National Prep Showcase.

Showing better court vision and more willing to pass the ball. Lot of NBA scouts in attendance.
Have you watched him recently? Wondering how his jumper and effort are looking
nryanh94
Any chance we try to jump in with Anthony Edwards?
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

This one looks like a move made by Kentucky to get Edwards from 2020 to 2019.
Packfan8
Any chance that we can get Cam Thomas to move up to 2019
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Any chance that we can get Cam Thomas to move up to 2019
I dont think so.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

This one looks like a move made by Kentucky to get Edwards from 2020 to 2019.
FSU was considered to be a strong player in this one when Edwards was in the 2020 class. Be interesting to see if they can hold that lead.
Dunlow66
In other recruiting news

The former NBA players now running the Memphis program scored a huge win with the commit from James Wiseman. One of the top two or three players in the class and beat UK to get him.

Penny Hardaway, Mike Miller,m Sam Mitchell and Co are gonna land elite talent. You can win a lot of games with the recruits coming out of Memphis.
Packfan8
Lecque just signed his letter of intent now we just wait it out until spring
TheWhiteWolf
Any chance we can get in the Terance Clarke race he's a 2021 kid but my goodness he is a beast
Dunlow66
Steere to St Johns.

Mullin finally has some talent after cleaning up the mess left by the previous staff.

couple of former 5 star transfers playing this year with Heron from Auburn and Simon from zona.Also have Four star big man Keita, transfer from SC.
Packfan8
Man Bey is my playing pretty well at Villanova, wish we could've kept him
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Hes the one that never showed up. I am pretty excited about Hellems. I think he has quietly played very well
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Hes the one that never showed up. I am pretty excited about Hellems. I think he has quietly played very well
Bey is a really good 'spot up' shooter on the wing and would have been a very good option for Coach Keatts. Wish we still had him. Could even play some PF on this team.
AtlWolf
Dun- what is your take on how things are going overall for us on the recruiting trail, both for this year as well as next year?
Packfan8
Dun what are your thoughts on Jayden Gardner, he's putting up big numbers for a bad Ecu team including 30 points and 15 rebounds vs Uncw tonight. Would we even take a look at him if he decides to move up after his freshman year?
Dunlow66
AtlWolf said:

Dun- what is your take on how things are going overall for us on the recruiting trail, both for this year as well as next year?
Not much going on right now.

If we get Lecque, this will be a very good class. Expect us to look at post grad transfers and maybe even a mid year transfer now that Steere is gone.

The most recent ESPN draft projections(from Jonathan Givony) have Lecque projected as a late first round pick. Not sure how this one plays out but the move to Brewster has helped boost his stock a little.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dun what are your thoughts on Jayden Gardner, he's putting up big numbers for a bad Ecu team including 30 points and 15 rebounds vs Uncw tonight. Would we even take a look at him if he decides to move up after his freshman year?
Reminds me a little bit of a young Richard Howell. Love to have him. Has a good stroke at the FT line. I bet a year to work with a staff like ours could extend that range to the 3 point line.
WOLFDAC
Lecque at best was 50-50 he ever suited up for the Pack...if he shines at Brewster this season our chances of him playing in Raleigh drop even more...but that was common knowledge from the get go.
apackfan69
Just checked CBS and draftnet. Draftnet shows 2 rounds and JL is not showing up in either round. CBS just does 1st round and he is not listed. Funny they have Coby White at 26 to the Celtics, so take that for what it is worth.
gopack_83
I hope we can land Cam Thomas. He is the ultimate scorer.
Dunlow66
gopack_83 said:

I hope we can land Cam Thomas. He is the ultimate scorer.
Exactly. KId can score from all three levels and has a wide assortment of off balance shots around the rim to finish over or around taller guys.
ScoobyWolf
Packfan8

Looks like Keatts is jumping back in but I imagine he's also there for the pure scorer Cam Thomas
Ripper
Coach Keatts was in attendance at the Gonzaga High DC Classic yesterday.
WolfpackSI
Whats the deal with Christian Brown? Wasn't he supposed to commit to Georgia a while ago? grades?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Struttingwolf96
That's what some were saying.
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Whats the deal with Christian Brown? Wasn't he supposed to commit to Georgia a while ago? grades?
Reset his recruitment. Clemson and Georgia each looked like they might get him but never got the commit. Wide open is the latest on his recruitment.
Ripper
Ripper said:

I hope he is not recruiting Terrence Williams from Gonzaga. Dude can't play ACC. Need to move on even though he is a Jr.
WolfPacker54
Ripper said:

Ripper said:

I hope he is not recruiting Terrence Williams from Gonzaga. Dude can't play ACC. Need to move on even though he is a Jr.

I'll trust Coach Keatts player evaluations over a random message board poster.
Ripper
Maybe he'll greatly improve this year.
WolfpackSI
Ripper said:

Ripper said:

What makes you say that? Dude is a 4* and has quite a few offers from big time programs. Just curious - care to expand?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
gopack_83
Ripper
WolfpackSI said:

Ripper said:

Ripper said:

What makes you say that? Dude is a 4* and has quite a few offers from big time programs. Just curious - care to expand?
I've seen him live on many occasions. He is a nice player. He's listed at 6-6 or 6-7, probably closer to 6-5. He played in the post his Fr and Soph seasons for some really good Gonzaga teams. He'll need to be a perimeter player in college. He hasn't shown the athleticism, the ball handling skills or a consistent outside shot as of yet. He's a good player, but he's a tweener IMO. Kris Jenkins, at the same age, had already started developing his perimeter game and it translated to big time college hoops. Maybe I'm completely wrong. Maybe he'll be All-ACC one day wearing the Red and White.
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.