Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,216,371 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow, how are we looking in 2020?
Packfan8
Quads Green is a mid year transfer from Kentucky, any chance we go after him
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Philly schools along with Washington, Nevada, USC or maybe Syracuse...but Hopkins was his guy at Cuse and now is in Wash.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Love to see us land Henry Coleman and Cam Thomas. Looks like we are focusing on the VA area right now.
TheWhiteWolf
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Love to see us land Henry Coleman and Cam Thomas. Looks like we are focusing on the VA area right now.
Looking forward to the next few years of classes do you think NC has started to trail off in terms of top tier talent? Looks like by 2021 Cam Hayes is the best prospect or are there others that are going to emerge?
NatePait94
There will be more... you're talking about 3 years from now...
TheWhiteWolf
Eh its really more two at this point but I get what you're saying several site (accurate or not) do have players listed for the 2021 class. I guess I should have more faith in NC we do tend to produce some great basketball players was just curious if there was a trend in talent going down or not
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

AtlWolf said:

Dun- what is your take on how things are going overall for us on the recruiting trail, both for this year as well as next year?
Not much going on right now.

If we get Lecque, this will be a very good class. Expect us to look at post grad transfers and maybe even a mid year transfer now that Steere is gone.

The most recent ESPN draft projections(from Jonathan Givony) have Lecque projected as a late first round pick. Not sure how this one plays out but the move to Brewster has helped boost his stock a little.
SLAM HS Hoops

@SLAM_HS
21h21 hours ago
More
Jalen Lecque impressed scouts from the Boston Celtics! @jalenlecque10

:
0:29
5 replies 277 retweets 1,227 likes
Reply 5 Retweet 277 Like 1.2K Direct message
NatePait94
Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

AtlWolf said:

Dun- what is your take on how things are going overall for us on the recruiting trail, both for this year as well as next year?
Not much going on right now.

If we get Lecque, this will be a very good class. Expect us to look at post grad transfers and maybe even a mid year transfer now that Steere is gone.

The most recent ESPN draft projections(from Jonathan Givony) have Lecque projected as a late first round pick. Not sure how this one plays out but the move to Brewster has helped boost his stock a little.
SLAM HS Hoops

@SLAM_HS
21h21 hours ago
More
Jalen Lecque impressed scouts from the Boston Celtics! @jalenlecque10

:
0:29
5 replies 277 retweets 1,227 likes
Reply 5 Retweet 277 Like 1.2K Direct message

That boy is going to the nba
wufpack7
I never for one second expected him to suit up for us. I've said it repeatedly, but I hate the choices we made in this recruiting class. Hope we learn from it.
WolfpackSI
wufpack7 said:

I never for one second expected him to suit up for us. I've said it repeatedly, but I hate the choices we made in this recruiting class. Hope we learn from it.
Congratulations but don't know what exactly there is to learn from. Should we not go after high end talent that fit our scheme??

We went after Pat Williams, Nickleberry and a few other 4*s and lost out. It happens. We took a chance on Jalen and went pretty deep with Wendell and lost out. That happens too. Keep in mind that we lost a pretty important recruiting assistant coach in AW in the off season. KK has shown that isn't gonna waste the scholarships. Hes gonna fill it with Post-grads and probably a mid season transfer. We have some pretty solid depth for the next few seasons unless sh** really hits the fan.

I like that we are aggressively recruiting these kids out of high school. Even if we lose out but still make an impact, we may get a second shot at a lot of these guys if they hit the transfer market. Just something to keep in mind..

NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
JacksonWilliford
Keatts has shown time and time again that he can put together a roster of guys that can compete and fit his system. If Lecque doesn't sign I don't think it'll be the end of the world
Why not us?

Follow me on twitter: @fj_williford
ClePack
WolfpackSI said:

wufpack7 said:

Congratulations but don't know what exactly there is to learn from. Should we not go after high end talent that fit our scheme??

We went after Pat Williams, Nickleberry and a few other 4*s and lost out. It happens. We took a chance on Jalen and went pretty deep with Wendell and lost out. That happens too. Keep in mind that we lost a pretty important recruiting assistant coach in AW in the off season. KK has shown that isn't gonna waste the scholarships. Hes gonna fill it with Post-grads and probably a mid season transfer. We have some pretty solid depth for the next few seasons unless sh** really hits the fan.

I like that we are aggressively recruiting these kids out of high school. Even if we lose out but still make an impact, we may get a second shot at a lot of these guys if they hit the transfer market. Just something to keep in mind..

you can always assume that sh*t will hit the fan though. It's just how CBB operates now. To get a class of 0 players would be incredibly disappointing and damaging
WolfpackSI
ClePack said:

WolfpackSI said:

wufpack7 said:

you can always assume that sh*t will hit the fan though. It's just how CBB operates now. To get a class of 0 players would be incredibly disappointing and damaging

Eh not really. Its unlikely that we lose a ton of guys because a lot of our guys are transfers

Sure a 0 man class would be disappointing but very unlikely. Coaches are gonna get fired and kids are gonna decommit. 2020 kids are also gonna reclass.

On top of everything else, We already have 2 guys in our "class" because SKJ and Manny are redshirting.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
wufpack7
Obviously it's just my opinion, but it's how I feel, can't help it. The last 3 or 4 months or so of the recruiting season we pretty much only recruited 3 guys. There may have been other names deep in the background, but once Nickelberry faded away (and the word was that we cooled on him, wasn't it?) the only guys we were at all serious about were Lecque, Moore, and Williams. Sooo, a guy who we knew was dying to go to the NBA as soon as possible (and he likely will), a guy who we knew was dying to go to Duke (and he did), and Williams, the one guy we recruited who is exactly the type of guy we should be recruiting (but we missed despite being the rumored leader forever). No backup plans or anything, just all or nothing on those guys. Sorry, but IMO we're not at a talent level where we can risk whiffing an entire recruiting class and truly expect to compete with the top of the league any time in the near future. And my opinion is that spring recruiting is for filling out your roster NOT for building it. Sure, we may be able to grab a couple of guys to make us a little better next year, but when do we start to get the guys that are going to win us some sort of championship down the road? THAT team has to be built over years, not pieced together year after year. I'd like to see it start sooner rather than later.

If I'm wrong and we already DO have a foundation that can get us there, or if Keatts really is a mad genius who can Frankenstein a championship team together, then believe me no one will be happier about me being wrong than me. The dude can coach, I have no doubt about that.
WolfPacker54
Get a dog
PicklePacker
wufpack7 said:

Obviously it's just my opinion, but it's how I feel, can't help it. The last 3 or 4 months or so of the recruiting season we pretty much only recruited 3 guys. There may have been other names deep in the background, but once Nickelberry faded away (and the word was that we cooled on him, wasn't it?) the only guys we were at all serious about were Lecque, Moore, and Williams. Sooo, a guy who we knew was dying to go to the NBA as soon as possible (and he likely will), a guy who we knew was dying to go to Duke (and he did), and Williams, the one guy we recruited who is exactly the type of guy we should be recruiting (but we missed despite being the rumored leader forever). No backup plans or anything, just all or nothing on those guys. Sorry, but IMO we're not at a talent level where we can risk whiffing an entire recruiting class and truly expect to compete with the top of the league any time in the near future. And my opinion is that spring recruiting is for filling out your roster NOT for building it. Sure, we may be able to grab a couple of guys to make us a little better next year, but when do we start to get the guys that are going to win us some sort of championship down the road? THAT team has to be built over years, not pieced together year after year. I'd like to see it start sooner rather than later.

If I'm wrong and we already DO have a foundation that can get us there, or if Keatts really is a mad genius who can Frankenstein a championship team together, then believe me no one will be happier about me being wrong than me. The dude can coach, I have no doubt about that.
There's too much turnover in college basketball to be worried about what's gonna happen 2 or 3 years from now. Just enjoy this year and look forward to next year when we could potentially have everyone back except Torin Dorn. Looking out further than that is a waste of time. Too many things will change between now and then. We'll have unexpected departures and unexpected arrivals. The last thing I'm worried about with Keatts is finding quality players. If this year plays out like I think it will, a top 15 finish, Keatts credibility will continue to grow and recruiting will continue to improve.
PicklePacker
Nothing from that video of Lecque screams NBA ready to me. Not by a long shot. Maybe I'm wrong.
Dunlow66
Corey Evans @coreyevans_10 11m11 minutes ago
More

Easily the best that I've seen Christian Brown in over a year. Fully healthy and regained explosiveness, remains one of the top available seniors this winter. Clemson on hand for the four-star
Dunlow66
Corey Evans @coreyevans_10 8s9 seconds ago
More

Cam Thomas just took over. Five made 3s in the first half and 20 in all. Safe to say that he is a top-10 scorer in high school ball, regardless of class.

Samad H. @Mod_Hines 2m2 minutes ago
More

2020 SG Cam Thomas (@24_camthomas) of Oak Hill Academy (VA) is without question one of the best scorers in his class. Finished with 25 points on Monday night and has 20 points today at the half against Olive Branch (MS)
twentytoe
Dun, do you think we have a shot at Chritian Brown, and Can Thomas?
Da Pack since 75.
Dunlow66
twentytoe said:

Dun, do you think we have a shot at Chritian Brown, and Can Thomas?
Brown is said to be wide open. The move to Oak Hill looks like it has helped rebuild his stock a bit. Clemson still pursuing and Keatts has watched him of late.

I think Thomas is a legit 5 star talent. Could be tough to get him if the big boys come calling but right now we are still in the mix.
twentytoe
Cool, thanks.
Da Pack since 75.
Dunlow66
twentytoe said:

Cool, thanks.
Honestly, I dont think we get Brown.
Packfan8
Big win tonight hopefully that catches the eyes of some recruits
Struttingwolf96
Better shot at Brown, than some people think. Keatts will be all in on him now with Williams headed to FlaSt. Had some who said he was a sure bet sign with Clemson or Georgia, but. He would fit nicely on this team replacing Dorn & Lockett. Him & Lecque would make a nice 2 man class.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Better shot at Brown, than some people think. Keatts will be all in on him now with Williams headed to FlaSt. Had some who said he was a sure bet sign with Clemson or Georgia, but. He would fit nicely on this team replacing Dorn & Lockett. Him & Lecque would make a nice 2 man class.
Georgia and Clemson are still in his top 5

we are not.
gopack_83

Didn't last too long there either
Bulldogwolf27
gopack_83 said:

Didn't last too long there either

Stayed there as long as he was committed to us. A mid major level recruit after the injury
Packfan8
This is what dun is referring to, I believe
Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Georgia and Clemson are still in his top 5

we are not.
Dunlow66
Pitt and Illinois look to be late contenders for Brown

Brown played HS ball with former Pack target and current PItt starter, Trey McGowens.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Philly schools along with Washington, Nevada, USC or maybe Syracuse...but Hopkins was his guy at Cuse and now is in Wash.
Transfers to Washington
Dunlow66
Team Loaded AAU @teamloadedaau 4h4 hours ago
More

Henry Coleman just put up 46pts 14 rebounds for the win against Douglas Freeman...
Packfan8
I believe I just saw Coleman at the game today, can anyone confirm if he's on an unofficial
Edit it definitely wasn't him
Dunlow66
Coach_Frank @NorfolkKnights Dec 20
More

Henry Coleman III has really blown up this season and is one of the country's top 2020 prospects. @Phenom_Hoops analyst @KRob_25 saw it coming and took us up close and personal with the Trinity Episcopal star back in August. Check it out

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/2018/08/20/prospect-talk-henry-coleman-iii/
First Page Last Page
Page 106 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.