Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,221,571 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
NCStateFanForLife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
^ yup, good catch
Dunlow66
ge_traveler said:

Anxiously waiting on Dun's comments on the Harris commitment.
Like I said before...high risk, medium reward type IMO. The kid can play....the kid knows he can play.

I will say what I said about Al Freeman, maybe the staff can get something from this guy, but not really a kid that screams 'NC State' to me. JMO
Dunlow66
Jason Setchen @AthleteDefender
FollowFollow @AthleteDefender
More

Jason Setchen Retweeted Jeff Goodman
We have worked tirelessly for Brian Bowen to help him find his way back on the court. We are so grateful that So Carolina and Coach Martin are seeking reinstatement and ultimately for giving him a chance to compete for a National Championship.
williewolf
how does harris committ affect leque recruitment?
.........scholarship slots are already limited and seemingly several good players in the area next year - leque, moore, withers, trey, etc.
NatePait94
What did I miss? Is Bowen playing for SoCar?
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
nryanh94
williewolf said:

how does harris committ affect leque recruitment?
.........scholarship slots are already limited and seemingly several good players in the area next year - leque, moore, withers, trey, etc.

Lecque is more of a CG than a true PG, also someone with Lecques talent definitely wouldn't be scared away by Harris.
TriangleDreamer
I think KK would love to be able to have two PGs/ball handlers on court all the time to really run his system. And that position more than any other can run ragged when trying to keep an aggressive offense and pressing defense on court. So having 4 PGs on the team doesn't strike me as that odd. Now I'd think at least two should be solid shooters while the other two could be traditional pass first type. And if nothing else it gives him insurance just in case Kell's situation doesn't resolve positively.
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

ge_traveler said:

Anxiously waiting on Dun's comments on the Harris commitment.
Like I said before...high risk, medium reward type IMO. The kid can play....the kid knows he can play.

I will say what I said about Al Freeman, maybe the staff can get something from this guy, but not really a kid that screams 'NC State' to me. JMO
I see what you are saying Dun and you know I trust your judgement.

However, I will say that there is a big difference between a freshman and senior. A freshman is much more pliable than a grad transfer that won't even be around for more than a year. Hopefully the staff can use their experience at a military academy to get through to this kid and get his head right. I also credit the kid for paying his own way this semester...shows that he wants to be here.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WOLFDAC
My camp thought that Harris would commit the first time and raised their eyebrows when he didn't...so I find it interesting how this played out...and I'm not saying it was fishy with Mizzou...they where just surprised.

FlockaWolf
Apparently we have offered another PG for 2018, Wendell Mitchell, out of Trinity Valley CC.
Dunlow66
FlockaWolf said:

Apparently we have offered another PG for 2018, Wendell Mitchell, out of Trinity Valley CC.
Former Baylor guard.
FlockaWolf
Looks like he averages about 20 pts a game on 47% shooting and 34.5% from 3. His team has only lost 2 games and one was to Funderburk's top ranked team.
Bulldogwolf27
They are serious about recruiting guards. We will have 5 point guards/combo guards for next year if the staff can help it.
TheWhiteWolf
Any word on big men seems like if Yurt and Hicks go we will be very young and thin down there
WolfpackSI
Guess the staff is moving on from Simon/Lecque.

We need shooters but just keep bringing in players that can't shoot the 3-ball. Shot Wendell is 28% from 3.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
TheWhiteWolf
WolfpackSI said:

Guess the staff is moving on from Simon/Lecque.

We need shooters but just keep bringing in players that can't shoot the 3-ball. Shot Wendell is 28% from 3.
MJ has charges dismissed, so I am not sure where they are going to get the scholarships for guys like Simon or Lecque which is unfortunate because I thought we were in the mix for both
state95
How much eligibility does Harris have left? I believe he can play next spring. But will he be a freshman still or a sophomore? I can't find anything on the rules of mid-year transfers.
jwpack
Redshirt sophomore
EthanBarry
Staff
state95 said:

How much eligibility does Harris have left? I believe he can play next spring. But will he be a freshman still or a sophomore? I can't find anything on the rules of mid-year transfers.
3.5 years
wufpack7
No such thing as a half year of eligibility. He has three years left after this season. If he plays after first semester next season, that will also use a year of eligibility and he will have 2 remaining after that. I don't know why these mid-year transfers seem to be more popular recently, unless a redshirt or an NCAA exception or a "transfer down" is involved it essentially takes a year of eligibility away from you. I guess so many guys are delusional enough to believe that they are not 4-year players, they don't care.
EthanBarry
Staff
wufpack7 said:

No such thing as a half year of eligibility. He has three years left after this season. If he plays after first semester next season, that will also use a year of eligibility and he will have 2 remaining after that. I don't know why these mid-year transfers seem to be more popular recently, unless a redshirt or an NCAA exception or a "transfer down" is involved it essentially takes a year of eligibility away from you. I guess so many guys are delusional enough to believe that they are not 4-year players, they don't care.
I may be wrong but I thought he could play next ACC season and then had 3 more. Not 100% sure though. I do agree about the mid-year transfers though.
Bulldogwolf27
Blake will be a true sophomore because he will miss a part of two seasons. He will still have his redshirt intact
NCStateFanForLife
CedarMaronite said:

do we have any chance with khavon moore or jarius hamilton ( I suppose not jarius)...i would flat out love to land funderburke

Jarius Hamilton commits to BC today.

Hamilton's brother also transferring from Georgia State to join him at BC.
TheStorm
wkdbigpckfan said:

wufpack7 said:

I may be wrong but I thought he could play next ACC season and then had 3 more. Not 100% sure though. I do agree about the mid-year transfers though.
I would have thought so too... second half of next season finishing off his first full season of playing and all that. But that's applying the "common sense" approach... I don't know if there are nuances rule-wise such as suggested above, but I could see that potentially being the case now that someone (wufpack7 here) has brought it up and spelled it out in that manner.
Dunlow66
NCStateFanForLife said:

CedarMaronite said:

do we have any chance with khavon moore or jarius hamilton ( I suppose not jarius)...i would flat out love to land funderburke

Jarius Hamilton commits to BC today.

Hamilton's brother also transferring from Georgia State to join him at BC.
They have been on him for a while. No surprise after Miss State dropped out and Maryland looks like they will not have the spot(thanks to an injury to a SF who was considered an 'early entrant' candidate next season) Hamilton wanted
Dunlow66
wufpack7 said:

Saves a redshirt for later. Guys who are ready to transfer mid-season of their first year on campus...well, they probably need to keep their options open for future transfers.
TheStorm
TheStorm said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

wufpack7 said:

I would have thought so too... second half of next season finishing off his first full season of playing and all that. But that's applying the "common sense" approach... I don't know if there are nuances rule-wise such as suggested above, but I could see that potentially being the case now that someone (wufpack7 here) has brought it up and spelled it out in that manner.
Note: I saw on another thread that James has confirmed what wufpack7 has posted above regarding remaining eligibility.
EthanBarry
Staff
TheStorm said:

TheStorm said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

wufpack7 said:

Note: I saw on another thread that James has confirmed what wufpack7 has posted above regarding remaining eligibility.
Interesting. Thanks. It'll be interesting to see if Keatts plays him next year or holds him out to space out scholarship PGs
duckfatrules
Any word on big men seems like if Yurt and Hicks go we will be very young and thin down there

what is this about Hicks transferring? is that a rumor or a mistype?
TheWhiteWolf
duckfatrules said:

Theres a lot talk that he would be one of the ones to transfer out not sure he really is a Keatts recruit
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

duckfatrules said:

Theres a lot talk that he would be one of the ones to transfer out not sure he really is a Keatts recruit
Hicks doesnt fit the system, IMO, and wasnt recruited by Keatts. No word on if he will move on or not, but it wouldnt surprise me. Sitting out a little longer could be good for the young man, give him time to fully heal. Still, just conjecture at this point
EthanBarry
Staff
Dunlow66 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

duckfatrules said:

Hicks doesnt fit the system, IMO, and wasnt recruited by Keatts. No word on if he will move on or not, but it wouldnt surprise me. Sitting out a little longer could be good for the young man, give him time to fully heal. Still, just conjecture at this point
Coaches were surprised he was back this year
mds22
Simons told Adam Zagoria he will visit NC State in Feb, but hasn't set a date yet
wolfpackfan00
TheStorm
Explain to me again how he would be able to go straight from High School to the NBA?
First Page Last Page
Page 46 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.