Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,221,211 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
RIPHarrelsonHall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was just going by this; seems like he did take an unofficial:

"@justinbyerly:2019 PG Jalen Lecque and 2020 G Norance Berry of Christ School will take unofficial visits to Tennessee tonight. @norance_berry"

"@coryevans_10: Five star guard Anfernee Simons begins his official visit to Tennessee today. He will be joined by five star guards Jalen Lecque & Jaden Springer, along with Norance Berry Jordan Rawls & Jason Jitoboh
@Volquest_Rivals"
Bulldogwolf27
Seems you are right. My bad on that one.
williewolf
didn't i see in an article that Bryce may be able to get some time at point when eligible?.......with Beverly and Batts getting their experience by having to play early; maybe those 3 are enough to handle the point unless a total blue chip is interested.
wolfpackfan00
According to his Instagram, Blake Harris is on campus today. I don't know if he's on a visit or he's just visiting friends that go here. Not sure
TheStorm
wolfpackfan00 said:

According to his Instagram, Blake Harris is on campus today. I don't know if he's on a visit or he's just visiting friends that go here. Not sure
Just visiting friends... yeah, that's a good one.
Colonel Armstrong
I do not want Blake Harris. He seems like he has an awful attitude. I know a lot of Mizzou fans feel the same way.
Bulldogwolf27
Saw Eric Bossi posted an article about 5'9" 4 star top 75 Tyler Harris listing us now. Kid has already taken 3 officials with one scheduled for Tennessee. Don't know how serious we are with him, but looks like we might take a point guard in the spring.
Dunlow66
cof17wolf said:

I do not want Blake Harris. He seems like he has an awful attitude. I know a lot of Mizzou fans feel the same way.
seems like he is a 'handful'. Maybe we can get something out of him........high risk, medium reward type, IMO
duckfatrules
Dunlow66 said:

cof17wolf said:

seems like he is a 'handful'. Maybe we can get something out of him........high risk, medium reward type, IMO
did not some NC State poster claim at one point in time that all the guys that have decided to transfer out of our program that they had a bad attitude? Did any of them demonstrate the , so called attitude problems, where they went to?
Tyler Lewis, Thomas de Thaey, Tyler Harris, Ryan Harrow, Kyle Washington, Damien Wilkens
but I never heard anything bad about Caleb or Cody.
wolverinepack20
Dunlow66 said:

cof17wolf said:

Coach knows best but I was very happy that he didn't get a Pack scholarship first time around. Could be terrible for team chemistry..
WolfOffCampus
Jalen Lecque is looking like Dennis Smith 2.0. Do we have any updates on him?
Colonel Armstrong
duckfatrules said:

Dunlow66 said:

cof17wolf said:

did not some NC State poster claim at one point in time that all the guys that have decided to transfer out of our program that they had a bad attitude? Did any of them demonstrate the , so called attitude problems, where they went to?
Tyler Lewis, Thomas de Thaey, Tyler Harris, Ryan Harrow, Kyle Washington, Damien Wilkens
There's a reason Harrow ended up at Georgia State, he had a bad attitude. De Thaey sucked but made sure to trash Gottfried before he left.

Definitely not all players that transfer have bad attitudes, but I think having a bad attitude increases the chances a player will transfer.
WolfpackSI
Anything new regarding Harris, Lecque, or Simon?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Simon OVed to Tennessee, no committment. Looking at taking more visits and we are right there trying to get one.
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Simon OVed to Tennessee, no committment. Looking at taking more visits and we are right there trying to get one.
Thanks dun!
nryanh94
Blake Harris committed
pack1502
When is Harris eligible?
nryanh94
Second semester of next season

My understanding is he'll have to pay his own way this semester as a walk on since we have no scholarships
Packfan8
So with Harris coming in and probably being on scholarship after this semester does that mean that the coach staff is moving on from Johnson?
Colonel Armstrong
Don't like this at all. I hope this isn't an indictment of Markell's status with the team.

I hope Harris proves me wrong, but he's a mercenary and I don't see that changing.
Formerly King Leary
Chicwolf67
Really don't know much about Harris, but read a few articles after seeing he committed. Since he won't be able to play for a year, I hope the year will help him mature and KK and the others guys on the team will help him acclimate to school. I don't know if his recruiting and college choices (before State) were made due to people in his ear, but being close to home should be a good thing. Hopefully his unhappiness at Mizzou was due to the people around him or maybe him just being homesick. I hope it isn't a long term attitude issue.
nryanh94
Well, I imagine we are definitely out of it with Simons. With Harris we're 2 scholarships over. I imagine Yurt leaving will take care of one of those, maybe Kirk or Hicks? I hope not Markell but it seems likely at this point
TheWhiteWolf
nryanh94 said:

Well, I imagine we are definitely out of it with Simons. With Harris we're 2 scholarships over. I imagine Yurt leaving will take care of one of those, maybe Kirk or Hicks? I hope not Markell but it seems likely at this point
I hope we did not give up on Simmons he would have been the better player to take over Harris
TriangleDreamer
I know there are concerns about Harris' attitude and potential team chemistry. IMO, KK and Hamilton dealt with kids like him every year at Hargrave and know how to work with them.
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
EthanBarry
Staff
I personally don't think this happened because of Markell. I don't think Keatts will have any issue finding time for four PGs. Maybe I'm wrong, but Keatts wanted him the first time around too
sf59
Very interesting turn of events.

I'm gonna need a guide just to figure out who is on the court next year.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
—Jack Handey
theAccused
Kirk transferring
NatePait94
Link?
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
ge_traveler
Anxiously waiting on Dun's comments on the Harris commitment.
EthanBarry
Staff
GhostofBragaw said:

Kirk transferring
NatePait94
Too late.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
theAccused
You don't know where I got my info.
NCStateFanForLife
TriangleDreamer said:

I know there are concerns about Harris' attitude and potential team chemistry. IMO, KK and Hamilton dealt with kids like him every year at Hargrave and know how to work with them.

Good point. Plus KK tried to get him here last year right after he accepted the job so it seems more like taking advantage of an opportunity to land a player he wanted than a sign of desperation.
NCStateFanForLife
duckfatrules said:

Harrow clashed with Calipari publicly, TdT made negative tweets about Gottfried on his way out the door, and Cronin made comments early in KW's first year at Cincinnati about being frustrated by KW's lack of defense (although KW seemed to improve after those comments). Can't forget Rodney Purvis actively recruiting against us after he left.

That being said, I don't really understand why some feel the need to trash players when they leave. Hundreds of non-athletes transfers into or out of NC State every year without attracting any vitriol or having people take it as an indictment of our university.
nryanh94
NCStateFanForLife said:

duckfatrules said:

Lewis clashed with Calipari publicly, TdT made negative tweets about Gottfried on his way out the door, and Cronin made comments early in KW's first year at Cincinnati about being frustrated by KW's lack of defense (although KW seemed to improve after those comments). Can't forget Rodney Purvis actively recruiting against us after he left.

That being said, I don't really understand why some feel the need to trash players when they leave. Hundreds of non-athletes transfers into or out of NC State every year without attracting any vitriol or having people take it as an indictment of our university.

When you say Lewis clashed with Calipari, did you mean Harrow? Because I don't remember anything negative about Tyler's attitude.
First Page Last Page
Page 45 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.