Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,396 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheWhiteWolf said:

In a perfect world is it possible to take both Simmons and Lecque? Assuming someone leaves this summer
not likely.
wolfpackfan00
NatePait94
Hopefully he will enjoy watching us beat them
ClePack
NatePait94 said:

Hopefully he will enjoy watching us beat them
let's hope he went blind during that game
NatePait94
Yeah... Or maybe he looked at use and saw that he could add a lot to our program lmao
WolfpackSI
CALLING ALL SHOOTERS

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE COME TO NC STATE

NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Bulldogwolf27
Daniels, Bryce, Bey, Hellems, funderburke are on the way. Even saw that Steere has been hitting 3s in games. I think we will have more of keatts type of players coming soon
Dunlow66
Anfernee Simons taking OV to Tennessee this weekend. Some think they are the team to beat in this one. Simons says he will take more visits....
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Anfernee Simons taking OV to Tennessee this weekend. Some think they are the team to beat in this one. Simons says he will take more visits....
We need to do whatever it takes to get Simons at NC State. He could be the difference between an NCAA tournament bid and another bottom-5 finish in the ACC.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
NatePait94
He probably doesn't intend to stick around for long wherever he ends up. Doesn't seem like the type of player Keatts will unload all of his ammunition on.
PackHawk0619
To what degree should we anticipate our on court performance impacting our efforts on the recruiting trail? Will we lose any ground if we stumble to an 0-5 ACC record?
Dunlow66
PackHawk0619 said:

To what degree should we anticipate our on court performance impacting our efforts on the recruiting trail? Will we lose any ground if we stumble to an 0-5 ACC record?
I dont think this season will have much impact. Recruits know that we will have a 'total rebuild' by next season, IMO.
EthanBarry
Staff
Dunlow66 said:

PackHawk0619 said:

I dont think this season will have much impact. Recruits know that we will have a 'total rebuild' by next season, IMO.
And we've already got five signed so missing out on somebody wouldn't be the worst thing ever
TheWhiteWolf
wkdbigpckfan said:

Dunlow66 said:

PackHawk0619 said:

And we've already got five signed so missing out on somebody wouldn't be the worst thing ever
If we can get someone like Simmons or Lecque we should take them but we can't understate that our two best shooters are on the bench not playing. We are bringing in essentially 6 guys already for next year but I don't expect a lot next year 2020 if we can get someone like Todd would be our year to see Keatts in full
Bell Tower Grey
Jaywolf27 said:

Daniels, Bryce, Bey, Hellems, funderburke are on the way. Even saw that Steere has been hitting 3s in games. I think we will have more of keatts type of players coming soon
I just hope they can all shoot the ball. And shoot it good.
WolfpackSI
wkdbigpckfan said:

Dunlow66 said:

PackHawk0619 said:

All our recruits are long term guys. The only guys that we can really rely on next season is Funderburke and maybe Steere. Hellems, Bey, and Bates seem incredibly raw at this point.

We need someone that can contribute next year unless you guys want another bottom 5 finish. Getting Simon is an absolute necessity at this point. We could have a NCAA caliber team with Markell(if he sticks around), Daniels, Bryce, and Simon as the key offensive pieces.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WBPack
Guys, I don't Markell will be back. I think he's in a lot of trouble but I hope I'm wrong.
Whether Simmons or The other kid, we need someone else to play Pointguard.
NatePait94
The way things are shaping up, we definitely will need another PG.
Dunlow66
WBPack said:

Guys, I don't Markell will be back. I think he's in a lot of trouble but I hope I'm wrong.
I have long said I thought Markell could be moving on.......Agree that we will need another PG if that happens.
Dunlow66
Uber prospect Zion Williamson set to announce on Jan 20. Love this kid and I think he may just be heading to Clemson. I hope so, tired of seeing the blue bloods stack kids like this. Need to spread the high level talent around a bit more, IMO.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

WBPack said:

I have long said I thought Markell could be moving on.......Agree that we will need another PG if that happens.
What are some options here? Could we go grad transfer?

Al and Sam Hunt have pretty much ruined grad transfers for me lol
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
wolfpackfan00

TheStorm
wolfpackfan00 said:

Surprised that Goodman has time to keep up with anything else since he is camped out covering the Ball circus overseas.
mds22
I wonder if Keatts would still take him. Great passer and would be a really good fit IMO
TheWhiteWolf
I thought people were confident that Markell would not be in trouble and would be returning. What changed?
NatePait94
The fact that the outcome is not in his hands. Markells only hope relies on other people. Either a witness saying Blackwell made a false claim, or Blackwell retracting his statement. Those are the only two viable options outside of some CSI
WolfpackSI
so how would this work? He will be eligible Jan 2019?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfpackSI
TheWhiteWolf said:

I thought people were confident that Markell would not be in trouble and would be returning. What changed?

I think it goes beyond just this one incident. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but some have indicated that Markell has had repeated issues with grades, skipping class, etc.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
TheStorm said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

Surprised that Goodman has time to keep up with anything else since he is camped out covering the Ball circus overseas.

No thanks on Harris. I doubt the next school he ends up at is his final.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

TheStorm said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

No thanks on Harris. I doubt the next school he ends up at is his final.
Agree.
EthanBarry
Staff
WolfpackSI said:

so how would this work? He will be eligible Jan 2019?
Yes
EthanBarry
Staff
NatePait94 said:

The fact that the outcome is not in his hands. Markells only hope relies on other people. Either a witness saying Blackwell made a false claim, or Blackwell retracting his statement. Those are the only two viable options outside of some CSI
I've heard there are witnesses ready to vouch for him
wolfpackfan00
Wendell Moore is here at the game tonight
RIPHarrelsonHall
From Twitter: "Christ School over Providence Day 78-63. Jalen Lecque with 27 points and Brandon Stone with 17 for Christ School. Devon Dotson finished with 36 points for Providence Day."

"So proud of our guys effort today! Shared the ball, defended, and made plays throughout! Lecque with 26, 10, and 15 assists; Stone with 17 and 12, Ajogbor with 11 and 10, Thompson with 11, Austin with 9! Big play from Berry, Craig, Halvorsen, and Lash as well! Team win!"

Reclassification coming? Visited Tennessee last night.
Bulldogwolf27
I don't think he visited the Vols. I think that was Simmons. Who is on his offical visit
First Page Last Page
Page 44 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.