Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,551 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
CedarMaronite
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Simons is next year if he doesn't chose to head straight to the nba
Dunlow66
CedarMaronite said:

The 5 star guard is out of Florida at IMG Academy...as we all know former Louisville commit...Anfernee simons considered one of the best shooters in class and top ten on most sites...he is 6'3 165 lb so NEEDS TO ADD WEIGHT for acc...Florida was considered the favorite but no longer bc they added like 3 or 4 guards, UCLA is prioritizing someone else. So it is really down to Ncsu Tennessee and South Carolina. I have no idea who the second guy is.
I think we are in a very good position with Trey McGowens.
CedarMaronite
Do you think Mr. Dun that we could land both? I think we get simons for 2 years bc he uses both years to get nba ready size wise.
Dunlow66
CedarMaronite said:

The 5 star guard is out of Florida at IMG Academy...as we all know former Louisville commit...Anfernee simons considered one of the best shooters in class and top ten on most sites...he is 6'3 165 lb so NEEDS TO ADD WEIGHT for acc...Florida was considered the favorite but no longer bc they added like 3 or 4 guards, UCLA is prioritizing someone else. So it is really down to Ncsu Tennessee and South Carolina. I have no idea who the second guy is.
Florida wont get him, IMO. Those other two PGs(Nebhard, Lokke) jumped while Simons was in the process of decommitting from the Ville. Then they added former NCSU recruit Keyonte Johnson(Oak Hill) at the SG spot.

Tennessee has an OV scheduled. South Carolina has the final four run to build on(plus getting a couple of guys to the league)

I have felt like we have been gaining momentum on this one for a couple of months now. Looks like that is becoming more apparent.
Dunlow66
CedarMaronite said:

Do you think Mr. Dun that we could land both? I think we get simons for 2 years bc he uses both years to get nba ready size wise.
Would not surprise me to see us land both.....but if that happens, I dont think Mcgowens moves back to the class of '18. I still think Trey is 'a take' in either class, rumors that staff currently prefers '19 but I am not so sure. Would not be surprised to see some 'attrition' at the end of the season which could make landing a kid like McGowen for '18 a more attractive option.
Dunlow66
Another name in '19 to remember is Isaac Okoro. Coach Keatts has the perfect system for a defensive stud like Okoro. Kid can guard multiple positions and turn 'defense' into 'offense' in a split second. Attacks from the wing like a grown man, but still developing his offensive game.
Dunlow66
WOLFDAC said:

No name's....but have been told we have two players all but locked up...the infamous "silent verbal" I guess?
Josh Nickleberry is also one to watch
WOLFDAC
I would think 2019-20...it was somewhat vauge, but one we have been on awhile and the other is more recent, but the kid apparently really likes KK...maybe Dun could piece the "who" together better than myself right now.
WolfpackSI
What level of attrition are we looking at? Is there going to be a mass exodus?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Riddickulous
WOLFDAC said:

I would think 2019-20...it was somewhat vauge, but one we have been on awhile and the other is more recent, but the kid apparently really likes KK...maybe Dun could piece the "who" together better than myself right now.

How far out is Carson McCorkle?
NatePait94
15 yo, class of 2020
WolfpackSI
Is there any reason why Darius Hicks didn't red shirt?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packbacker1
It is my understanding that he can file for it after the season ends and it should be approved with no issues.
98pack
He's not coming here.
nryanh94
I don't personally think McCorkle has progressed as much as people had hoped he would. Granted he still has time, but idk that he'll be an ACC talent. Just my personal opinion
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

I don't personally think McCorkle has progressed as much as people had hoped he would. Granted he still has time, but idk that he'll be an ACC talent. Just my personal opinion
Part of why he reclassed...but I disagree. I think he can play at this level. Dont think he will be a star...I do think he will be in an ACC rotation if he wants to be.

One of those kids who may get more PT at a MidMajor then maybe look at transfering to a bigger school after a year or two if he wants to take on the challange.

Just my opinion
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Would not surprise me if we have 3 slots open up,JMO

Coach Keatts has his guys on the way...same with Hamilton. Their fingerprint will be more evident next season.
Dunlow66
Justin Byerly @JustinByerly 2h2 hours ago
More

NC State assistant coach AW Hamilton and Wake Forest assistant Steve Woodberry here at @CFAClassic for 2019 Wendell Moore of Cox Mill HS

Justin Byerly @JustinByerly 53m53 minutes ago
More

2019 Wendell Moore with 31 points and 7 rebounds and Rechon Black with 15 points for Cox Mil HS in the win at @CFAClassic
IseWolf22
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Coach Keatts has his guys on the way...same with Hamilton. Their fingerprint will be more evident next season.
Well we NEED to have at least 1 open up correct?
98pack
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Part of why he reclassed...but I disagree. I think he can play at this level. Dont think he will be a star...I do think he will be in an ACC rotation if he wants to be.

One of those kids who may get more PT at a MidMajor then maybe look at transfering to a bigger school after a year or two if he wants to take on the challange.

Just my opinion

He's a talented kid and could certainly play decent minutes for a lot of ACC teams. He's still got a long time to figure things out. State isn't showing much interest at this point, and I doubt that'll change.
Westwolf
Thanks for all of the info Dunlow! And others, too, Dac, etc. Seems like KK could be a successful recruiter here?!
Dunlow66
Former NC State target

Five-star 2019 point guard Ashton Hagans has committed to Georgia. Absolutely huge pick-up for Mark Fox.

Best junior in the state, top-20 in the country.
Bulldogwolf27
Dunlow66 said:

Former NC State target

Five-star 2019 point guard Ashton Hagans has committed to Georgia. Absolutely huge pick-up for Mark Fox.

Best junior in the state, top-20 in the country.

That might save Mark fox's job.
Fourthepack
I guess I'm crazy but the recruiting at UGA in both football and basketball makes me go hmmmmm?
WolfpackSI
I have a feeling that Fox isn't gonna make to 2019.

Fox and Brownell at Clemson are very similar to me. Both are underachievers at football schools. The only reason either is still there is because their ADs don't care about basketball.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
EthanBarry
Staff
IseWolf22 said:

Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Well we NEED to have at least 1 open up correct?
Correct
WolfpackSI
Assuming Kirk transfers and Omer goes pro then we don't NEED anyone else to leave to make room for Simon.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
TraCha4
Kirk must really be terrible in practice to not be getting minutes with this group.
Westwolf
Yeah, Kirk seems like a really nice kid, and he can jump like crazy. But he has almost zero basketball skills: dribbling, passing, running an offense, angles on defense etc. without his connection to DSJ and Bam, he would not have gotten many looks.
Packfan8
nryanh94
Dunlow, what do you think our chances are with Simons? Any rumblings of an OV happening?
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow, what do you think our chances are with Simons? Any rumblings of an OV happening?
Tennessee looks like they are in a good spot right now....but I wouldnt count out Coach Keatts.
Dunlow66

FollowingFollowing @coreyevans_10
More

John Wall Invitational: Could five-star junior Jalen Lecque decide to reclassify into the 2018 class?

Coach Keatts watched him last night
nryanh94
Alright dunlow. Spill the beans...
TheWhiteWolf
In a perfect world is it possible to take both Simmons and Lecque? Assuming someone leaves this summer
First Page Last Page
Page 43 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.