Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,260 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

Explain to me again how he would be able to go straight from High School to the NBA?

The current draft rule is that the player must be 19 and 1 year removed from high school. Simons is 19, and technically Prep school isn't high school. So he meets both qualifications.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

TheStorm said:

Explain to me again how he would be able to go straight from High School to the NBA?

The current draft rule is that the player must be 19 and 1 year removed from high school. Simons is 19, and technically Prep school isn't high school. So he meets both qualifications.
Thon Maker did it a couple of years ago. The kid from FSU(Isaac) who was 'one and done' also was eligible and almost went straight out of prep school in '16
twentytoe
Because he is 19 years old, and one year removed from high school which makes him eligible to be drafted.
Da Pack since 75.
Dunlow66

FollowingFollowing @Andrew__Slater
More

#Oregon will be in to see 5 star PG Jalen Lecque @jalenlecque10 of @ChristSchoolBB & @Southstampede again
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

FollowingFollowing @Andrew__Slater
More

#Oregon will be in to see 5 star PG Jalen Lecque @jalenlecque10 of @ChristSchoolBB & @Southstampede again

Lecque is my 2nd top want for the 19 class outside of Moore. Really hope we can get 2 of Lecque, Moore or Okoro
WolfpackSI
Isn't Lecque a candidate to reclaasify to 18?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Yes, '18 is his original class.
TheWhiteWolf
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Yes, '18 is his original class.

With the lack of scholarships available do you think the staff is hoping he stays in 2019? Feels like we don't have enough to offer both Simmons and Lecque
TriangleDreamer
Posted this in the depth chart thread but belongs here too.

The fact that we are still actively recruiting for another player (hopefully Simons) tells me that KK expects a transfer in addition to Y7 going pro. My money would be on Hicks who probably could use the redshirt year to fully heal and build strength. Only other logical possibilities at this point would be either MJ or Batts.

So after a monster recruiting class this year, we will likely only pick up 1-3 in '19. One to replace Dorn, and the other 1-2 coming from transfers or (if we got Simons) going pro. Does that sound right?
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
nryanh94
Highly doubt it happens. But there's also the potential that Dorn would leave as a grad transfer.
WolfpackSI
TriangleDreamer said:

Posted this in the depth chart thread but belongs here too.

The fact that we are still actively recruiting for another player (hopefully Simons) tells me that KK expects a transfer in addition to Y7 going pro. My money would be on Hicks who probably could use the redshirt year to fully heal and build strength. Only other logical possibilities at this point would be either MJ or Batts.

So after a monster recruiting class this year, we will likely only pick up 1-3 in '19. One to replace Dorn, and the other 1-2 coming from transfers or (if we got Simons) going pro. Does that sound right?
In the podcast, James hinted at it being very unlikely that we keep four point guards on the roster. I have a hard time seeing that too but I love MJ, Batts, and Bev. Would hate to lose any of them.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
dogplasma
I think everyone seems to agree that Y7 is leaving after this season to go pro in some fashion. That should open up one spot for 2018, right? We're already losing Abu, L. Freeman, A. Freeman, Kirk, and Hunt (5 total) and we currently have Bates, Steere, Hellems, Bey, and Harris committed (5 total). So, Y7 would be the one additional scholarship to justify continued recruiting, unless I'm counting wrong.
WolfpackSI
Realistically, what are our chances with Simon?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfpackSI
dogplasma said:

I think everyone seems to agree that Y7 is leaving after this season to go pro in some fashion. That should open up one spot for 2018, right? We're already losing Abu, L. Freeman, A. Freeman, Kirk, and Hunt (5 total) and we currently have Bates, Steere, Hellems, Bey, and Harris committed (5 total). So, Y7 would be the one additional scholarship to justify continued recruiting, unless I'm counting wrong.
Heres my tracker:

Not eligible to return(4): Abdul Malik Abu, Lennard Freeman, Al Freeman, Sam Hunt

Eligible to return(6): Omer Yurtseven(Jr), Markell Johnson(Jr), Torin Dorn(rSr), Lavar Batts(So), Darius Hicks(Jr), Braxton Beverly(Fr)

2018 Eligible Transfers(3): CJ Bryce(rJr), Devon Daniels(rSo), Blake Harris(Fr)

Transferring out(1): Shaun Kirk

2018 recruits(5): Manny Bates(Fr), Ian Steere(Fr), Jericole Hellems(Fr), Siddiq Bey(Fr), Derek Funderburke(rSo)

Think you forgot about Funderburke in your count. So we will need one more scholarship to open up if we want to bring in Simon.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Thunderhill
WolfpackSI said:

dogplasma said:

Heres my tracker:

Not eligible to return(4): Abdul Malik Abu, Lennard Freeman, Al Freeman, Sam Hunt

Eligible to return(6): Omer Yurtseven(Jr), Markell Johnson(Jr), Torin Dorn(rSr), Lavar Batts(So), Darius Hicks(Jr), Braxton Beverly(Fr)

2018 recruits(5): Manny Bates(Fr), Ian Steere(Fr), Jericole Hellems(Fr), Siddiq Bey(Fr), Derek Funderburke(rSo)

Think you forgot about Funderburke in your count. So we will need one more scholarship to open up if we want to bring in Simon.

Who says?
WolfpackSI
Thunderhill said:

WolfpackSI said:

dogplasma said:

Heres my tracker:

Who says?

Basic math says 14>13.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
NatePait94
Just watched Coach K (Duke) state that he expects Wendell Carter to return for sophomore season.
What will be the better duo?
Carter and Bagley?
Or
Carter and Langford?
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Thunderhill said:

WolfpackSI said:

dogplasma said:

Heres my tracker:

Who says?

Basic math says 14>13.

Think he was making a joke. He bolded Simon
dogplasma
You're right - I forgot Funderburke. Keeping up with our recruiting is a full-time job!
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Thunderhill said:

WolfpackSI said:

dogplasma said:

Heres my tracker:

Who says?

Basic math says 14>13.

Think he was making a joke. He bolded Simon

LOL that totally went over my head...

NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfpackSI
NatePait94 said:

Just watched Coach K (Duke) state that he expects Wendell Carter to return for sophomore season.
What will be the better duo?
Carter and Bagley?
Or
Carter and Langford?
Carter+Barrett+Reddish is already pretty damn scary. Add Langford to that and its pretty much over.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
NatePait94
I actually meant to say Barrett to begin with lmao. Confused the two of Barrett and Langford. My bad.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
nryanh94
Thankfully I don't see Duke getting Langford or Williamson
nryanh94
Dunlow, of the 5 star type recruits that we have a shot with, who is the most likely/ least likely to you for us to land?

Lecque
Simons
Moore
Okoro
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow, of the 5 star type recruits that we have a shot with, who is the most likely/ least likely to you for us to land?

Lecque
Simons
Moore
Okoro
Probably Moore or Okoro. Great 'fits' for this system, IMO
RowanWolf
If Moore comes to State, there will be Cheat fans jumping off of bridges. I have a couple of Cheat aquaintances and they are absolutely stunned and flabbergasted Moore has not already committed to Roy....to the point they have almost reached the stage of being angry at the young man.
PackHawk0619
Think Zion to Clemson is a done deal?
nryanh94
Get Moore or Okoro, then pull an elite level pg/cg and you could look at a top 15 team
NatePait94
PackHawk0619 said:

The more I watch Clemson, and the more I watch Zion, the more I want him to go to SoCar
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

PackHawk0619 said:

The more I watch Clemson, and the more I watch Zion, the more I want him to go to SoCar
as long as he stays 'in state'....dont want to see his game stiffled on one of those 'blue blood' All American teams Duke and UK keep compiling.

Zion is best when he has the ball in his hands as much as possible.

I think he will do very well at either location, but likely win more playing at SC. Easier conference(from top to bottom) and better coach in Frank Martin. Not really sure how those two egos would mesh, but Martin is smart enough to make it work.
NatePait94
Agreed
williewolf
nryanh94 said:

Get Moore or Okoro, then pull an elite level pg/cg and you could look at a top 15 team

that is why i was hoping they would leave 3-4 slots for 2019 .........would have liked to have room for something like:

Moore, or Okoro
Lecque
Trey
Withers
EthanBarry
Staff
Would we have had a chance with Zion if Gott was still here? Did Keatts pursue him at all?
nryanh94
Idk, I doubt it. But I'd much rather have Keatts without Zion than have Gott with him.
Dunlow66
wkdbigpckfan said:

Would we have had a chance with Zion if Gott was still here? Did Keatts pursue him at all?
I dont think we had a shot, even with Gottfried. It was always going to be 'Blue Blood' or 'In State' for Zion, IMO
First Page Last Page
Page 47 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.