Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,474 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We never offered and it's still early, but what a pickup for Capel:

pack1502
How's Cam Hayes doing this season? Don't hear as much chatter about him
wolfpacker7
Not to be a stargazer but... ratings bump coming?
wolfpacker7
Dunlow66 said:

I love this kids game. Can score on anybody

Phenom Hoop Report Retweeted
Team Loaded NC
@teamloadednc

1h
Team Loaded Nc 2021 /Louisburg High 6'3 CG Elijah Jamison Continues his assault on the NC Record Books With a 41pts 15 Reb 8 ast Performance Last Night

This guy is putting up really nice scoring performances at a pretty efficient percentage this season. Any idea if he is on the staff's radar? Feel like otherwise he ends up at a local smaller school and becomes one of those guys who goes for 25+ when we play him.
WolfPacker54
wolfpacker7 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Team Loaded NC
@teamloadednc

1h
Team Loaded Nc 2021 /Louisburg High 6'3 CG Elijah Jamison Continues his assault on the NC Record Books With a 41pts 15 Reb 8 ast Performance Last Night

This guy is putting up really nice scoring performances at a pretty efficient percentage this season. Any idea if he is on the staff's radar? Feel like otherwise he ends up at a local smaller school and becomes one of those guys who goes for 25+ when we play him.

Strut, is that you?
TheStorm
WolfPacker54 said:

wolfpacker7 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Team Loaded NC
@teamloadednc

1h

Strut, is that you?
Nope. Despite any real or perceived message content, that post was actually legible...
Engineer97
WolfPacker54 said:

wolfpacker7 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Team Loaded NC
@teamloadednc

1h

Strut, is that you?

I know that this may come as a shock to some, but strut wasn't the only one here without 24/7 non stop, fuzzy wuzzy vibes about our athletic program. He was just at the way other end of the spectrum.
Dunlow66
[url=https://twitter.com/JohnWallHoliday][/url]

The 2019
@D_West30
Bracket All-Tournament Team

*MVP Cade Cunningham - MVA
Nick Farrar - AFHS
Will Felton - MHS
Caleb Houstan - MVA
*MOP Jonathan Kuminga - TPS
Moses Moody - MVA
Day'Ron Sharpe - MVA
Samage Teel - FCHS
Eric van der Heijden - MHS
Justin Wright - FCHS
dtferrell17
Id love to see Gardner from ecu in a state jersey, dude is so skilled
Dunlow66
dtferrell17 said:

Id love to see Gardner from ecu in a state jersey, dude is so skilled
Me too. He was solid last season and he has gotten better. A lot more consistent this year. A legit 'star' for ECU
Packfan8
In the 247 rankings shak Moore is a 4 star ranked 125. From 166 when he was ranked back in june
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

In the 247 rankings shak Moore is a 4 star ranked 125. From 166 when he was ranked back in june
With him playing a National schedule at Moravian, I wouldnt be surprised to see him crack the top 100 in the final rankings
dtferrell17
I have no insight on his intentions but if he wanted an upgrade we would have to lose 2 players to have room for him?
Bulldogwolf27
dtferrell17 said:

I have no insight on his intentions but if he wanted an upgrade we would have to lose 2 players to have room for him?

Not sure what you mean, but Moore is signed to us.
dtferrell17
I was talking about if Gardner decided to transfer from ECU if we'd be able to get him
Dunlow66
Winter stock boosters according to Eric Bossi of Rivals

Shakeel Moore - Why he could be rising: I've always been really impressed with Moore as an athlete and a a competitor. Those two strengths remain, but watching him at the John Wall Holiday Invitational I saw somebody who was better as a jump shooter, leader and playmaker than I had realized. He's a really good fit for what Kevin Keatts wants to do and has to be in the discussion for a move into the 2020 Rivals150.
Dunlow66
OT

Jalen Cone just destroyed Syracuse. 19 points in 19 minutes. 5-7 on three pointers.

Can somebody tell me again why he isnt running wiht the Pack?
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

OT

Jalen Cone just destroyed Syracuse. 19 points in 19 minutes. 5-7 on three pointers.

Can somebody tell me again why he isnt running with the Pack?
Uhhh.... because Strutter didn't want him here?!?
Acb0110
Dunlow66 said:

OT

Didn't he reclass and we didn't have room at the time? Also, I would rather have both Hayes and Moore coming in than to have Cone. He def looked good last night though. Great shooter. The new VT coach is going to be a pain in the ass of the ACC. He's got a young team competing at a high level.
ge_traveler
Would have been nice to have Cone on the team. If Blake Harris would have made up his mind sooner rather than later, maybe Cone and the Pack would have worked it out. Instead, we are still reeling from the late Harris announcement.
duran_duran
Acb0110 said:

Dunlow66 said:

OT

Didn't he reclass and we didn't have room at the time? Also, I would rather have both Hayes and Moore coming in than to have Cone. He def looked good last night though. Great shooter. The new VT coach is going to be a pain in the ass of the ACC. He's got a young team competing at a high level.
We had space at the time, just jumped into his recruitment too late. KK got us at least in contention for him, but we offered like a month before he eventually committed to VT.

I believe that spot ended up being taken by AJ Taylor in the end.
Bucketfullofthoughts
ge_traveler said:

Would have been nice to have Cone on the team. If Blake Harris would have made up his mind sooner rather than later, maybe Cone and the Pack would have worked it out. Instead, we are still reeling from the late Harris announcement.

Dang and I had just about forgotten about the Harris ordeal... makes my blood pressure rise every time I think about it.
WolfpackSI
Bucketfullofthoughts said:

ge_traveler said:

Dang and I had just about forgotten about the Harris ordeal... makes my blood pressure rise every time I think about it.

Harris cost us Jalen Cone and SKJ cost us Ian Steere. Both would have helped us this year.
dogplasma
What was the SKJ/Steere connection? I don't remember that.
PicklePacker
Cone would've worked out nicely. He would've been the man at PG next year and that would've given Hayes a year to get some experience as a backup.
metcalfmafia
PicklePacker said:

Cone would've worked out nicely. He would've been the man at PG next year and that would've given Hayes a year to get some experience as a backup.
Would Hayes have committed if Cone was on the roster?
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

PicklePacker said:

Would Hayes have committed if Cone was on the roster?
That is the question

but Cone has proved(so far) that he belongs. Rember, he could be a HS senior right now.

I think he would have been perfect in our 'Braxton Beverly' role as shooter/second PG
wufpack7
There are 2 things that are almost certainly true. 1). We would be better this year with Cone on the roster. 2). There is no way we would have gotten both Hayes and Moore in the class of 2020 if Cone was here. So at this point it's just a guessing game as to whether or not Cone was a big miss, it will likely take 3 or 4 more years before that can be truly answered. But it's difficult to look long term when we're looking like a bubble team this year and a guy like Cone could have put us over the top. Of course, if a backcourt of Hayes and Moore lead us to an ACC championship and, say, a Final Four in 3 years, nobody will care about Jalen Cone.
Dunlow66
wufpack7 said:

There are 2 things that are almost certainly true. 1). We would be better this year with Cone on the roster. 2). There is no way we would have gotten both Hayes and Moore in the class of 2020 if Cone was here. So at this point it's just a guessing game as to whether or not Cone was a big miss, it will likely take 3 or 4 more years before that can be truly answered. But it's difficult to look long term when we're looking like a bubble team this year and a guy like Cone could have put us over the top. Of course, if a backcourt of Hayes and Moore lead us to an ACC championship and, say, a Final Four in 3 years, nobody will care about Jalen Cone.
Or we could have taken all three and let the chips fall where they may....

I actually prefer Moore to Cone, long term. But Cone is providing something we really needed this year, IMO.
wufpack7
No doubt, my statement wasn't based on us being willing to take all 3, but on the willingness of all 3 to commit to us. Do you really think we could have gotten Moore if we already had Cone on the team and Hayes committed? I certainly defer to your opinion, but it just seems unlikely to me that Moore would have committed to us in that situation. If he would have, then absolutely, we should have done whatever we could to make it happen.
Dunlow66
wufpack7 said:

No doubt, my statement wasn't based on us being willing to take all 3, but on the willingness of all 3 to commit to us. Do you really think we could have gotten Moore if we already had Cone on the team and Hayes committed? I certainly defer to your opinion, but it just seems unlikely to me that Moore would have committed to us in that situation. If he would have, then absolutely, we should have done whatever we could to make it happen.
Lets just say we knew Lecque, Harris and Seabron were not going to be here. I think we could have pulled all three. Each brings a unique skillset to a coach who loves to play 2 PGs and 2 wings at all times.
WolfpackSI
dogplasma said:

What was the SKJ/Steere connection? I don't remember that.
SKJ was redshirting during Steere's freshman year. I think Steere saw he had to compete with Bates, SKJ, DJ, and Wyatt Walker going into his sophomore year and jumped ship. I think if SKJ wasn't in the picture then Steere would have stuck around
braz213
Steere is playing 5 minutes or less avg 0.7pts 0rebs
Thunderhill
Bey would have helped this team more than Steere. Really wish he would have remained committed.
nryanh94
We don't have a scholarship open, but former prospect Marcus Watson is transferring from OKST, I imagine he goes to GT
First Page Last Page
Page 260 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.