Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,231,802 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClePack said:

Packfan8 said:

Interesting we made cliff omoruyi's final 8. Thought we were done with the class but maybe not. Hall and Hayes are trying to get him to state
leads me to believe my theory about this being Funderburk's last year is correct

I think it's more likley we've seen the last of Taylor then Funderburk being gone
OldTuffy
Markell (pros) and to a much lesser extent Bryce (age) returning for their senior season gives me some comfort in Keatts ability to keep his upperclassmen from leaving early. Yurt was a traditional transfer and I don't see Funder doing that at all.
nryanh94
OldTuffy said:

Markell (pros) and to a much lesser extent Bryce (age) returning for their senior season gives me some comfort in Keatts ability to keep his upperclassmen from leaving early. Yurt was a traditional transfer and I don't see Funder doing that at all.

DJ is eligible to grad transfer; don't think he will but it's a possibility
CLTWolf
nryanh94 said:

OldTuffy said:

You mean to tell me DJ has already graduated from State? Or will be graduated by the summer?
ClePack
nryanh94 said:

ClePack said:

Packfan8 said:

Interesting we made cliff omoruyi's final 8. Thought we were done with the class but maybe not. Hall and Hayes are trying to get him to state
leads me to believe my theory about this being Funderburk's last year is correct

I think it's more likley we've seen the last of Taylor then Funderburk being gone
really? Forgot that he hasn't suited up the last few games.
WolfpackSI
It would be an absolutely ridiculous if we got Cliff Omoruyi to State. Holy **** I would lose my mind. Then I think Farrar and Ebenezer both RS.
TraCha4
Apparently this Cliff kid is really serious about going to a top engineering school. Those with Twitter need to start pushing States engineering school to this kids.
nryanh94
CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

OldTuffy said:

You mean to tell me DJ has already graduated from State? Or will be graduated by the summer?

Don't know anything about his academics, but he is currently a Redshirt junior so it's likley he has enough between summer school and fall/spring
CLTWolf
nryanh94 said:

CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

OldTuffy said:

Don't know anything about his academics, but he is currently a Redshirt junior so it's likley he has enough between summer school and fall/spring

Oh gotcha. He's not eligible until he's graduated, and as someone who transferred to State from a JUCO it's crazy how many credits are lost. I would guess he's probably not that close. That's just my guess from previous experience in the transfer process from a JUCO. But hey, never know in this day of online classes.
Dunlow66
I love this kids game. Can score on anybody

Phenom Hoop Report Retweeted
Team Loaded NC
@teamloadednc

1h
Team Loaded Nc 2021 /Louisburg High 6'3 CG Elijah Jamison Continues his assault on the NC Record Books With a 41pts 15 Reb 8 ast Performance Last Night
OldTuffy
I'll post here since it's the only active thread. Are there any future preseason tournaments we are rumored to be involved with? Maui, PNIT, ..etc? I realize we played in the Atlantis one when we beat Zona in KK's first year.
Packfan8
OldTuffy said:

I'll post here since it's the only active thread. Are there any future preseason tournaments we are rumored to be involved with? Maui, PNIT, ..etc? I realize we played in the Atlantis one when we beat Zona in KK's first year.
2k classic next year
pltwolves
Along with Villanova, Michigan, and Baylor. Nov 19-20.
Ripper
pltwolves said:

Along with Villanova, Michigan, and Baylor. Nov 19-20.
Fantastic lineup.
OldTuffy
Thanks, y'all.
nryanh94
After watching yesterday it's obvious that this team doesn't have that high level talent that you need to win in the ACC, Memphis just had guys that were way more athletic and longer. I'm hoping we can find a way to pull in Cliff Omoruyi. Him, Hall, Cam, Shakeel, Manny, Thomas Allen, and Seabron would be a hell of a talent upgrade.
HungryWolf92
Agreed. You could tell we were the less talented team. Guys showed hell of a lot of fight in the second half though.
wolfpackjb
nryanh94 said:

After watching yesterday it's obvious that this team doesn't have that high level talent that you need to win in the ACC, Memphis just had guys that were way more athletic and longer. I'm hoping we can find a way to pull in Cliff Omoruyi. Him, Hall, Cam, Shakeel, Manny, Thomas Allen, and Seabron would be a hell of a talent upgrade.

Couldn't agree more. Find a way to get him. Figure out the roster spot later.
Wolfonit
nryanh94
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Thank god we have something to look forward to lol after the first half of the Memphis game and this tonight it's been hard to be a state fan
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

Thank god we have something to look forward to lol after the first half of the Memphis game and this tonight it's been hard to be a state fan
LOL

it always is
Wolfonit
Can he come in January?
nryanh94
6'3 2021 Tequavion Smith (Farmville Central) is the real deal

In the game against defending NCISAA 1A Champion Greenfield, Smith had "THE GAME" of his high school career. Playing on the defending NCHSAA 2A state championship team that went undefeated (32-0) Smith scored a tourney high 40 points and winning the game MVP honors. To make matters worse, we had him under-ranked and embarrassingly low for his overall athleticism and skill set. The one thing I've learned over the years, is to own up when we have erred and to put it bluntly, we actually blew it on Smith. Smith is without question in the conversation as one of the top players in the state for his class! No questions asked. We're talking about a super athletic wing that is also flying under the radar nationally. In speaking with Farmville Central's head coach Larry Williford, he stated Smith's performance was amazing but not surprising. Smith went 16-21 from the floor, 2-4 from the 3-point line and a perfect 6-6- from the free throw line. In addition, he collected five rebounds, dished out four assists, blocked two shots and even had two steals. Give NC State credit for recognizing Smith talent's early. While many pundits were questioning if Smith was "ACC or NC State," good, you can go ahead and bury those thoughts now.
gopack_83
nryanh94 said:

6'3 2021 Tequavion Smith (Farmville Central) is the real deal

In the game against defending NCISAA 1A Champion Greenfield, Smith had "THE GAME" of his high school career. Playing on the defending NCHSAA 2A state championship team that went undefeated (32-0) Smith scored a tourney high 40 points and winning the game MVP honors. To make matters worse, we had him under-ranked and embarrassingly low for his overall athleticism and skill set. The one thing I've learned over the years, is to own up when we have erred and to put it bluntly, we actually blew it on Smith. Smith is without question in the conversation as one of the top players in the state for his class! No questions asked. We're talking about a super athletic wing that is also flying under the radar nationally. In speaking with Farmville Central's head coach Larry Williford, he stated Smith's performance was amazing but not surprising. Smith went 16-21 from the floor, 2-4 from the 3-point line and a perfect 6-6- from the free throw line. In addition, he collected five rebounds, dished out four assists, blocked two shots and even had two steals. Give NC State credit for recognizing Smith talent's early. While many pundits were questioning if Smith was "ACC or NC State," good, you can go ahead and bury those thoughts now.

I personally think if he keeps growing, up to 6'5 or even 6'6, then he's a top 50 player nationally.
Packfan8

This was a few days before he went for 40. I love this kids scoring ability
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

This was a few days before he went for 40. I love this kids scoring ability
We were talking about Smith on this site before he was on any type of national or NCSU radar. He is just getting better.
Packfan8
I remember people on twitter and other boards joking saying "good job beating out high point" when he first committed but i would venture to say that he would have quite a few more offers if he wasn't committed
wolfpacker7
Good write up on Hall, Moore, and Smith

https://www.fayobserver.com/sports/20191201/lsquogreat-vibesrsquo-surround-nc-state-recruits-josh-hall-shakeel-moore-and-terquavion-smith
PicklePacker
here's the game where Terq. scores 40. This kid is gonna be something else. Reminds me a little of Colby White.

Packfan8

Do we want any of these guys. Akinjo is a great pg
Packfan8
PicklePacker said:

here's the game where Terq. scores 40. This kid is gonna be something else. Reminds me a little of Colby White.

At the 11:20 mark smith air balls a three but what I loved seeing was him run back and try to make a play on the other end. Would've been a highlight block had his teammate not been called for a foul
dogplasma
Packfan8 said:

Open scholarships notwithstanding, I'd assume that would depend somewhat on the details of their dismissal.
nryanh94
dogplasma said:

Packfan8 said:

Open scholarships notwithstanding, I'd assume that would depend somewhat on the details of their dismissal.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/12/03/georgetown-basketball-4-players-accused-sexual-harassment-assault/
Thunderhill
Don't know who Brian Rauf is but I would question his observation that they will immediately be the 'most sought after' transfers with those accusations hanging over their heads. Most reputable schools would likely take a 'wait and see' stance. Now if uNC had a need for a PG, I would 'wait and see' how long it took for them to show immediate interest....
First Page Last Page
Page 256 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.