Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,366 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClePack said:

nryanh94 said:

Article from rivals on the top 10 recruiters for the next decade:

Kevin Keatts - NC State

An up-and-coming name at the beginning of the decade, Keatts was attempting to figure out how to make his Hargrave Military Academy program the best in the prep world. Moving on to the assistant coaching position at Louisville, before then taking the UNC-Wilmington head coaching job, Keatts has never been afraid to chase after the best that his state has to provide.

Sitting with a top-10 class this fall, Keatts was expected to enroll Jalen Lecque before he decided to enter the NBA Draft before his college career even began. However, he followed up such a prized commitment with that of Josh Hall this week.

While he may never be able to consistently defeat Duke or North Carolina for the elite talent nearby, it would seem that a five-star recruiting win might become a consistent theme at NC State and place Keatts on the short list for blueblood coaching openings down the road.
No thanks. Keatts can stay right where he's at for the foreseeable future

Oh heeeelllll nawwwww
RDUwolfpack
Does the recent recruiting success make you think we don't anticipate harsh penalties from DSJ?
ge_traveler
Watching Yurtseven on ESPN2, Georgetown is playing Texas. He is looking pretty good so far; already playing some good D and his shot is falling already. Really wish he had hung around, I really liked the guy. He will do well in the big man role at Georgetown though.

Someone had mentioned he had the man bun a few games ago....he is sporting his version of cornrows tonight
nryanh94
Hayes with 26 pts and 7 rebs tonight; including the game winning 3
nryanh94
https://instagr.am/p/B5MRwfHHs9j
nryanh94
https://instagr.am/p/B5MNneqnuC3
nryanh94
Dunlow66
Hall was just taking guys off the dribble at will in that game. A few of his layups were right outta TJ Warren's playbook. Off balance shots at weird angles that are hard to defend.
PackAlpha91
Could Hall be our next All-American? Man im excited about this class!
gopack_83
BLEEDPACKRED
RDUwolfpack said:

Does the recent recruiting success make you think we don't anticipate harsh penalties from DSJ?
Should we be concerned about the recruiting class (loosing players possibly) if we are given Penalties from the NCAA? Could we loose players / scholarships depending on those penalties?
Ripper
BLEEDPACKRED said:

RDUwolfpack said:

Should we be concerned about the recruiting class (loosing players possibly) if we are given Penalties from the NCAA? Could we loose players / scholarships depending on those penalties?
Are these players a little too tight or are they tied up?
NCSU1995
Ripper said:

BLEEDPACKRED said:

RDUwolfpack said:

I see this all the time. One day I'm going to loose my mind.
sf59
Dunlow66 said:

Hall was just taking guys off the dribble at will in that game. A few of his layups were right outta TJ Warren's playbook. Off balance shots at weird angles that are hard to defend.
one of the best aspects of Tony Buckets, was his ability to score without the offense designed around him.

solid cuts, always around the ball, and timely put backs. Does Josh Hall have these same attributes in his game?
Glasswolf
NCSU1995 said:

Ripper said:

BLEEDPACKRED said:

RDUwolfpack said:

There common mistakes made by most people. Their's just no real excuse for it though
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Ripper
Glasswolf said:

NCSU1995 said:

Ripper said:

BLEEDPACKRED said:

RDUwolfpack said:

There common mistakes made by most people. Their's just no real excuse for it though
Glass, it's they're not there.
Glasswolf
Ripper said:

Glasswolf said:

NCSU1995 said:

Ripper said:

BLEEDPACKRED said:

RDUwolfpack said:

I'm very aware it's they're and not there. It was a joke
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

CLTWolf
Glasswolf said:

Ripper said:

Glasswolf said:

NCSU1995 said:

Ripper said:

BLEEDPACKRED said:

RDUwolfpack said:

His was a joke too...
WolfpackSI
Glasswolf said:

Ripper said:

Glasswolf said:

NCSU1995 said:

Ripper said:

BLEEDPACKRED said:

RDUwolfpack said:

Your being quiet sensitive about this
Luke12321
Watched a few of Hall games recently.

He is really good, Shak Moore looks to be a solid player as well.

I think Moore defense ability will work well in Keatts pressing system. He is a bulldog.

Hall was impressive, shoots it well from deep, drives and finishes. See flashes of the long, tall KD type wing game...along with the ability to score at weird angles quite easily much like TJW.

It isn't flashy but efficent and he scores it easily.

Sadly, my gut tells me it will be Lecque part #2 and we will be left scrambling again through the JUCO/Grad transfers to fill his scholarship as I think he goes straight to NBA and good chance he ends up being a late 1st rd pick or early 2nd rd.

I hope he decides to go to NCSU and be one and done but to me...he projects as a better pro than Lecque so...I doubt Hall turns down the chance.

Cam was solid. I am not sure he is the answer for day 1 starting PG but he may have to be.

Good size, solid shot, makes good decisions and rarely plays out of control.

Cam should be a really good 4yr player much like M. Johnson has became for us.

Hoping we get Josh for 1 season but if I were betting I would bet we do not. Good headlines but could end up being another class that is lacking star power.

No hard feelings towards Hall though, he has earned it if he does go straight

WolfpackSI
Luke12321 said:

I think Moore defense ability will work well in Keatts pressing system. He is a bulldog.

Hall was impressive, shoots it well from deep, drives and finishes. See flashes of the long, tall KD type wing game...along with the ability to score at weird angles quite easily much like TJW.

Sadly, my gut tells me it will be Lecque part #2 and we will be left scrambling again through the JUCO/Grad transfers to fill his scholarship as I think he goes straight to NBA and good chance he ends up being a late 1st rd pick or early 2nd rd.

I hope he decides to go to NCSU and be one and done but to me...he projects as a better pro than Lecque so...I doubt Hall turns down the chance.

Cam was solid. I am not sure he is the answer for day 1 starting PG but he may have to be.

Hoping we get Josh for 1 season but if I were betting I would bet we do not. Good headlines but could end up being another class that is lacking star power.

Where are you getting that info from? Lots of people on this board have said that Josh Hall is not a Lecque situation. I have a hard time thinking KK would allow himself to get burned again like that
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Luke12321 said:

Where are you getting that info from? Lots of people on this board have said that Josh Hall is not a Lecque situation. I have a hard time thinking KK would allow himself to get burned again like that

Who said that? He doesn't have the freak athleticism that Lecque had, and it's been said his game is the type that usually benefits from being showcased for a year or two but I think it's been brought up pretty regularly that the NBa is definitely an option for him.
Luke12321
I have zero inside info.

It was brought up in a live youtube feed with his dad, kind of just mentioned in casual flow of convo, not addressed in question form.

I posted about it a few days ago, essentially saying....straight to NBA is something that his family is aware of the option being available.

Then, this article came out today.

https://phenomhoopreport.com/josh-hall-continues-his-steep-improbable-climb/

"With his continued hard work and these developments, at this point, Hall is starting to be looked at as a future NBA talent. It's no question, his game fits that mold, that of the modern NBA wing."

"We know Hall is going to work. We know that he is not afraid of any type of sweat equity. When you are blessed with physical tools to go along with natural skill and a high-level work ethic, good things tend to happen. This week Hall signed his national letter of intent with NC State. This is the same NC State team who signed Jalen Lecque last season, only to see him sign a 4 year (2 guaranteed) deal with the Phoenix Suns, right out of high school. Will Hall take this same path? Who knows, but to say he doesn't have NBA tools would be a misstatement."

Find it interesting they mentioned Lecque/NBA in article today regarding Hall. I don't think Phenom would post that if they had not heard any mentions of the possibility through the various connections they have at the Grassroots level.

Just connecting the dots, I am not saying it is a lock to happen. I just think Hall's skillset and size will be too much for NBA to pass up and if they are willing to draft him, he should go IMO.

With that said, I hope for our( NCSU) sake he does not pick that route.

ClePack
Keatts can't allow himself to get burned again, can he? I mean, let's hope we was doing A LOT of research behind the scenes on this. If not... man
Packfan8
ClePack said:

Keatts can't allow himself to get burned again, can he? I mean, let's hope we was doing A LOT of research behind the scenes on this. If not... man

The difference this year is that he has 4 other members of the class, last year it was just seabron who was another risk
Thunderhill
Is this a concern unique to State recruits? Maybe uNC's entire class fits that description. At this point, there is absolutely no reason to think Hall will not enroll and play at State. Could something change? Sure, but it could change for any recruit at any school. Are you as worried about the recruits in Orange county?
wufpack7
It's a concern unique to guys who graduated high school the previous year. If Hall goes pro, you have to at least consider avoiding those guys.
RowanWolf
Nike makes sure the kids going to their "schools" get enough $$$ that they don't consider going to the NBA right out of high school.
pack1502
RowanWolf said:

Nike makes sure the kids going to their "schools" get enough $$$ that they don't consider going to the NBA right out of high school.
Darius Bazley?
duran_duran
Luke12321 said:

I have zero inside info.

It was brought up in a live youtube feed with his dad, kind of just mentioned in casual flow of convo, not addressed in question form.

I posted about it a few days ago, essentially saying....straight to NBA is something that his family is aware of the option being available.

Then, this article came out today.

https://phenomhoopreport.com/josh-hall-continues-his-steep-improbable-climb/

"With his continued hard work and these developments, at this point, Hall is starting to be looked at as a future NBA talent. It's no question, his game fits that mold, that of the modern NBA wing."

"We know Hall is going to work. We know that he is not afraid of any type of sweat equity. When you are blessed with physical tools to go along with natural skill and a high-level work ethic, good things tend to happen. This week Hall signed his national letter of intent with NC State. This is the same NC State team who signed Jalen Lecque last season, only to see him sign a 4 year (2 guaranteed) deal with the Phoenix Suns, right out of high school. Will Hall take this same path? Who knows, but to say he doesn't have NBA tools would be a misstatement."

Find it interesting they mentioned Lecque/NBA in article today regarding Hall. I don't think Phenom would post that if they had not heard any mentions of the possibility through the various connections they have at the Grassroots level.

Just connecting the dots, I am not saying it is a lock to happen. I just think Hall's skillset and size will be too much for NBA to pass up and if they are willing to draft him, he should go IMO.

With that said, I hope for our( NCSU) sake he does not pick that route.

There is a pretty big difference though, Hall doesn't look physically ready for the NBA. Lecque was already a monster athlete and was towards the top of all the physical tests at the combine. Josh Hall is clearly a very skilled player, but I don't see any significant NBA interest until he has a year or two to get his body ready.
state95
It feels so weird having our recruiting wrapped up in November (with the obvious exception of someone leaving at the end of the season). This is a far cry from Gott scrambling every summer to put together a class.
dogplasma
I certainly hope we don't lose Hall to the NBA like we did Lecque. That would be slightly incredible to have that happen two years in a row. Our program needs some of this top talent to stick around. One-and-dones are one thing, but none-and-dones do us no good at all, especially in back-to-back years.
Packfan8
Interesting we made cliff omoruyi's final 8. Thought we were done with the class but maybe not. Hall and Hayes are trying to get him to state
TriangleDreamer
duran_duran said:

There is a pretty big difference though, Hall doesn't look physically ready for the NBA. Lecque was already a monster athlete and was towards the top of all the physical tests at the combine. Josh Hall is clearly a very skilled player, but I don't see any significant NBA interest until he has a year or two to get his body ready.

Another key difference is their game. From what I recall, there was some discussion (and therefore likely concern) that Lecque would potentially lose ground with the NBA as college could further expose the weaknesses in his game. His athleticism and potential made it honestly better for him to go straight to the NBA. But Hall is continually improving in his game at this point so a strong year at the collegiate level could significantly increase his draft stock.
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
ClePack
Packfan8 said:

Interesting we made cliff omoruyi's final 8. Thought we were done with the class but maybe not. Hall and Hayes are trying to get him to state
leads me to believe my theory about this being Funderburk's last year is correct
First Page Last Page
Page 255 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.